What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Roschon Johnson, CHI (2 Viewers)

I'm not an attorney, but it wants u to practice but understands if u can't and says "simulated contact activity will suffice to satisfy this." Ha ha. So that means u don't have to actually practice?

I'm not an attorney, but it wants u to practice but understands if u can't and says "simulated contact activity will suffice to satisfy this." Ha ha. So that means u don't have to actually practice?
Sounds like language to safeguard from future pandemic and/or weather or travel related issues. Gotta have that language in there even if 99% of the time it won't come up.

Sounds like language to safeguard from future pandemic and/or weather or travel related issues. Gotta have that language in there even if 99% of the time it won't come up.
You know, thats gotta be it. I just envisoned team premade memos that says "Dear NFL. We have simulated contact activity and player x is good to go." For the record. This is the first time I have actually looked at the specifics. It's always been dude is cleared or not cleared not so much the path

You know, thats gotta be it. I just envisoned team premade memos that says "Dear NFL. We have simulated contact activity and player x is good to go." For the record. This is the first time I have actually looked at the specifics. It's always been dude is cleared or not cleared not so much the path
It's amazing how many things I've learned from being addicted to playing fantasy football.

Just a point of information

The new post-Tua protocol was agreed upon between the league and the NFLPA October 1, 2022. The link and verbiage quoted upthread was published by the NFL October 8, 2022.

Bears HC Matt Eberflus said Roschon Johnson has one more hurdle to clear concussion protocol, but that he “looks real good” to practice this week.

Johnson would have presumably been stepping into the Bears’ RB1 role a week ago. However, a strong outing by D’Onta Foreman (16-89-2) in Week 7 could complicate the Bears’ backfield situation once Johnson returns. If he’s cleared to practice, we’d expect to see Johnson on the field in Week 8 against the Chargers, but he’ll be hard to trust as anything more than an RB3 play until we see how the backfield touches are divvied up.

Willing to bet Foreman out snaps him atleast for the next few weeks and then what when Herbert comes back.

Willing to bet Foreman out snaps him atleast for the next few weeks and then what when Herbert comes back.
I give Foreman one more week. If R. Johnson back he's sprinkled in just to be prudent with somebody coming off a 2+ weeks concussion situation.

Then probably both are useless @NO the next week and then all bets off the following week vs CAR (and whoever gets those touches is going to eat against that run D).

(Rotowire) Coach Matt Eberflus said Wednesday that Johnson (concussion) will return to practice Wednesday but remains in the NFL's concussion protocol, Chris Emma of 670TheScore.com reports.
Analysis: Eberflus said Monday that Johnson has "one more hurdle" remaining, so it's still not a lock that the 22-year-old rookie will managed to fully clear the NFL's five-step concussion protocol in time to suit up for Sunday's game against the Chargers. His only remaining steps may be to return to full-contact practice and then gain clearance from an independent neurologist, though, and retaking the practice field is a notable step in the right direction. D'Onta Foreman has looked impressive as the lead man in Chicago's backfield over the last two weeks, but Johnson could face notable opportunities Week 8 if he's able to gain clearance.

(Article Link)

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the longest concussion protocol that I can remember.

It's a long protocol, but the NFL has been long with their protocol this year. I don't think there's been a guy who has been officially deemed to have had one that has played the next week. This one is extra long, though. Don't lead with your head, Roschon.

(Rotowire) Johnson said Thursday that he cleared the concussion protocol and is ready to play in Sunday's road game against the Chargers, Chris Emma of 670TheScore.com reports. Analysis: Players in the protocol for head injuries aren't permitted to speak to the media, so Johnson's comments more or less pave the way for him to put an end to a two-game absence. His upcoming role is in some question, though, after D'Onta Foreman reeled off 187 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns over the last two games with Khalil Herbert (ankle, IR) sidelined. In five games this season, Johnson is averaging 4.9 yards on his 25 carries, has hauled in 11 of 12 targets for 58 yards and scored one rushing TD.

Any word around the campfire on his predicted split with Foreman tonight?

Not really, and I've been looking. Laudatory words from the RB coach about Foreman and the energy of the team when he was in there. He seemed to allude to a decent workload, but who knows? If I had to read the tea leaves, I'd say Foreman gets at least ten-plus touches tonight before it gets out of control.

Not really, and I've been looking. Laudatory words from the RB coach about Foreman and the energy of the team when he was in there. He seemed to allude to a decent workload, but who knows? If I had to read the tea leaves, I'd say Foreman gets at least ten-plus touches tonight before it gets out of control.
But... it's going to get out of control in the 1st quarter/2nd at the latest lol. So the real question is who gets the targets. Might still be Foreman.

But... it's going to get out of control in the 1st quarter/2nd at the latest lol. So the real question is who gets the targets. Might still be Foreman.
Why? The Chargers suck.

That seems to be the conventional wisdom.

Unfortunately, the LAC seem to always play down to the level of the competition. Wouldn't be surprised if CHI covers.

Ugh. My nightmare is having LAC jump out quickly and Roschon gets all the targets from the 2nd on.

I have Demercado stashed just for this reason, but I can't bring myself to do that.

Miles Sanders, Emari Demercado, Darrell Henderson, and D'Onta Foreman with Roschon. My waiver wire maneuvers have proved savvy and weirdly timely (I had Demercado stashed for a while now, and right before Conner got hurt, so I wasn't wasting a roster spot), but my backs are all up in the air besides Breece Hall.

Okay, enough about that fantasy team. Let's move on. Foreman to the moon tonight!

I’ve got him in just now in my flex due to Montgomery being injured and me forgetting to put Godwin in instead on Thursday. Not feeling great about it, this concussion has been a kick in the balls for those of us that took him in dynasty or have been stashing him on the bench in redraft since tue draft

I think he’s droppable too in redraft. I just don’t see it.

I can actually keep him for two more years as a 16th round pick and I think he’s still a drop.

Roschon Johnson played on 24-of-66 snaps in the Bears’ Week 8 loss to the Chargers.

A hot two weeks from D’Onta Foreman wasn’t enough to keep Johnson on the sideline in his return from a concussion. The rookie played on three more snaps than Foreman and saw only two fewer opportunities than the veteran running back, who was signed as a free agent this offseason. When Chicago’s backfield was at full strength, it was Foreman who was a healthy scratch in Weeks 2 through 5, making Johnson’s involvement after a two-week absence less surprising. Per the requirements of short-term injured reserve, Khalil Herbert (ankle) will miss Week 9’s matchup against the Saints. This could open the door for a busier day for Johnson, the preferred back over Foreman, before injuries set in. For now, he’ll be hard to trust as anything more than an RB3/flex play, but he is worth a stash in all formats.

Seems like Roschon has one more shot to show out and avoid Herbert re-taking control of the backfield.

I don't know what happened. Roshon last night was a different RB than Weeks 1-3. Those weeks he ran hard, looks decisive and was a nice sparkplug.

Last night he looked like a third string RB. No explosion and every time he caught the ball he would stop and survey the field trying to hit a homerun vs getting the yards in front of him.

I don't know what happened. Roshon last night was a different RB than Weeks 1-3. Those weeks he ran hard, looks decisive and was a nice sparkplug.

Last night he looked like a third string RB. No explosion and every time he caught the ball he would stop and survey the field trying to hit a homerun vs getting the yards in front of him.
Best scenario Is he Javante Williams light?

Yeah he stopped to dance around too much. Could have got some bigger yardage for sure.

All I know is he got stuffed on 4th and 1 and it was 100% on him for dancing around versus plowing straight ahead.

Sadly Foreman would have gotten that first down.

I know, it’s only one play, but that play to me was enough to realize the coaches are gonna go with Foreman until Herbert comes back.

My $0.02 worth a penny

From a dynasty perspective, is he looking better or worse than expected (think I've watched ~0 Bears snaps this season)? I'm contemplating making a move for him with my season looking lost, just not wanting an initial offer to be an overpay

I'd lean this way, but he hasn't really been given the reins to a game yet. That's the truer test. But in limited carries, he hasn't looked overwhelming. I think he stutter steps too much and doesn't go downhill quickly enough.
Agreed - it's early in his career, but Roschon hasn't seemed to show much outside of a few big boy runs in the first few weeks. Herbert is one of the more underrated efficient RBs in the league, so Roschon probably needs to show something in the next several weeks to avoid just cementing his role as a clear backup.

Weird he never hit the portal to be a big fish & improve his draft stock

Does that give us any insight into his personality?

IDK no way to tell, but some folks don’t mind being a pack dog

I learned early in life if you ain’t the lead dog the view never changes

Absolutely not. Instead, Steve Sarkisian said there was a "shift" at Texas that coincided with his leadership on the team. I haven't read an article that doesn't laud the virtuousness of the young man. Unfortunately, virtue isn't that big of a commodity if you constantly dance before hitting holes.

Link:

Absolutely not. Instead, Steve Sarkisian said there was a "shift" at Texas that coincided with his leadership on the team. I haven't read an article that doesn't laud the virtuousness of the young man. Unfortunately, virtue isn't that big of a commodity if you constantly dance before hitting holes.

Link:

I liked his college tape a lot

his early NFL tape (x season & first few games were great)

looks tentative now + not sure about that OL + crowded RB room on a bad team

gonna move on

EDIT - for the NIML crew, I mean in redraft

RB coach David Walker fired.

Which I find kind of hilarious.

What's a guy to do? K. Herbert injured, R. Johnson two week concussion, D. Foreman comes back from the dead for a game, D. Evans a nobody.

Odd.

Wonder if this means R. Johnson is set free.

RB coach David Walker fired.

Which I find kind of hilarious.

What's a guy to do? K. Herbert injured, R. Johnson two week concussion, D. Foreman comes back from the dead for a game, D. Evans a nobody.

Odd.

Wonder if this means R. Johnson is set free.
Dont think it was football related. I read something about HR being involved.

Users who are viewing this thread