What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you giving up on? Week 3 edition (1 Viewer)

Max55

Footballguy
After 2 weeks who are you ready to move on from either as a starter to the bench or from the bench to the waver wire?

For me:
Jahan Dotson to wire
Kyle Pitts to bench
Mattison to bench

After 2 weeks who are you ready to move on from either as a starter to the bench or from the bench to the waver wire?

For me:
Jahan Dotson to wire
Kyle Pitts to bench
Mattison to bench
Maybe I have blinders, but I'm not giving up on Dotson yet (though I am benching him)

Gibson to wire
Sutton to wire (except in the league where my WRs are terrible)
Not giving up on KHerbert yet, but he's on thin ice

Benching Pitts. I don’t care that it’s a crapshoot at TE. There’s a better chance the flavor of the week TE I pick up off waivers gets more usage than Pitts has been getting so far. It’s sickening. I can’t believe the Falcons drafted this guy 4th overall to use him the way they are.

Although I also dropped Gabe Davis, and he punished me by going off today for another team. The lesson here: Don’t be me.

Probably starting LaPorta over Kittle until further notice.
In a similar vein, I'll be starting Kincaid over Pitts. I haven't given up on Pitts, but he's on my bench until further notice. Not sure what's going on there behind the scenes.

In a similar vein, I'll be starting Kincaid over Pitts. I haven't given up on Pitts, but he's on my bench until further notice. Not sure what's going on there behind the scenes.
The problem is the want to win the game by running, running, running. The coach is older than old school. They pass when necessary despite the great talent of he and London. Those 2 in another offense are gold but on Atlanta they are decoys.

The problem is the want to win the game by running, running, running. The coach is older than old school. They pass when necessary despite the great talent of he and London. Those 2 in another offense are gold but on Atlanta they are decoys.
Agreed, but even Jonnu Smith is out targeting him, so there's something else going on beyond the overall low volume passing offense.

Agreed, but even Jonnu Smith is out targeting him, so there's something else going on beyond the overall low volume passing offense.
Jonnu can block is my first guess as far as why this might be.

Musgrave over Pitts for me. I'm 100% going to miss out on the one game where he actually does decent, but I'm sick to death of watching Ridder throw the ball dead into Jonnu's chest, and then sail it 5 feet over Pitts' head on the three times a game he actually does look his way.

I was holding Elijah Mitchell on the preseason reports that CMC was going to be getting rested more than last year to keep him fresh. Mitchell goes to the wire this week so I can get a Saquon replacement if he misses the game this week.

In regards to Kyle Pitts I see he has played on 66% of the snaps for Atlanta so far. Jonnu Smith 60% and MyCole Pruitt 47%

So he is getting the most snaps, but the Falcons are mixing in these other 2 TE a lot as well.

I am giving up on me. I made the worst start/sit decisions yesterday morning.

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc. :wall:

I am giving up on me. I made the worst start/sit decisions yesterday morning.

In one league I benched gabe davis, nico collins, and jake ferguson and in another league i benched lockett and la'porta. The guys i put in were complete scrubs, pierce, jeudy, etc.

I had the lineups right all week and then for some reason decided to go and edit them last minute.

I gave up on watching football half way through the day and cleaned house and caught up on my to-do list, gutters etc.
If any consolation I do it a lot & usually my first instincts are correct, not my last minute brain surges right before gametime.

In regards to Kyle Pitts I see he has played on 66% of the snaps for Atlanta so far. Jonnu Smith 60% and MyCole Pruitt 47%

So he is getting the most snaps, but the Falcons are mixing in these other 2 TE a lot as well.

I understand the frustrations with Pitts but two games is just two games. I’m going to keep starting him over Kincaid and I’m not going after LaPorta on waivers. I may start Kincaid instead at some point but not for at least a couple more weeks unless I have a matchup specific reason to do so earlier...which I probably won’t.

I understand the frustrations with Pitts but two games is just two games. I’m going to keep starting him over Kincaid and I’m not going after LaPorta on waivers. I may start Kincaid instead at some point but not for at least a couple more weeks unless I have a matchup specific reason to do so earlier...which I probably won’t.
Fair points. Pitts does have a very high potential ceiling, but also a scarily low floor. I guess the low floor is there for just about any TE not named Kelce/Andrews/Hockensen/Waller, but at least Kincaid and LaPorta's arrows are heading up in high volume pass offenses.

Yeah, when Deebo and Aiyuk are healthy, Kittle just won’t have the targets. He needs TDs and last year was an outlier.

Hunter Henry looks good and is probably still on a lot of waiver wires.

Yeah do what you think gives you the best chance to win.

I am just providing information to help anyone make those decisions.

Fair points. Pitts does have a very high potential ceiling, but also a scarily low floor. I guess the low floor is there for just about any TE not named Kelce/Andrews/Hockensen/Waller, but at least Kincaid and LaPorta's arrows are heading up in high volume pass offenses.

Sometimes a little patience pays off. There’s so much volatility in weekly performance that I don’t want to make too much of two games so far. I definitely feel that tug that says go for Kincaid or LaPorta over Pitts but I’m staying the course for now. I just need to see more games.

Benching Pitts. I don’t care that it’s a crapshoot at TE. There’s a better chance the flavor of the week TE I pick up off waivers gets more usage than Pitts has been getting so far. It’s sickening. I can’t believe the Falcons drafted this guy 4th overall to use him the way they are.

Although I also dropped Gabe Davis, and he punished me by going off today for another team. The lesson here: Don’t be me.
Yeah, I think I’ve arrived here. Conklin, JuJohnson, heck even Noah Gray with a healthy Kelce outscored him on my bench.

I don’t understand the team’s reluctance to throw to a guy they drafted that high.

Of course the first time I bench Pitts he’s going to go ham, so, you’re welcome everyone who continues to start him.

This is a recurring theme.

I did it myself on Saturday. 16 team league, very flexy, big play scoring.

Took out Jamin Davis, put in Thubideaux as a 3rd DE. AZ matchup looked juicy.

Thib scored 1 point. Literally every one of my LB, S, DT, and other DE outscored him. Now I’m done and up 25, but my opponent has 2 YTP.

Gonna be death by 1000 cuts and it’s my own damn fault.

giving up on the jets and not investing time on sundays this year………again. i see 5 games left with a chance to win with wilson at qb. this season smells like 5-12, 6-11 crazily maybe 4-13? can’t see them winning any divisional games remaining. so many things to complain about, but why is lawson on this roster and mcdonald iv inactive?

Dalvin Cook

Yup. I bought into both Dalvin and Zeke as late round fliers that might be able to turn back to the clock and find the endzone. I should have known better. Now both are cut worthy and should really never have been drafted by me.

giving up on the jets and not investing time on sundays this year………again. i see 5 games left with a chance to win with wilson at qb. this season smells like 5-12, 6-11 crazily maybe 4-13? can’t see them winning any divisional games remaining. so many things to complain about, but why is lawson on this roster and mcdonald iv inactive?
Seeing any game as winnable with Wilson at qb is just homer goggles.

McKinnon on KC ended the year on a tear and I figured he was a safe flex in my 16 team ppr league with deep benches. Now he's on my bench and I'm glad I drafted Gus Edwards instead of some rookie third stringer.

Looking at this from angle of 20 player roster leagues:

Pulled the plug

JuJu-decided to give him another week due to Patriots investment in him, and mine-which was not as egregious as the Pats and typically an 10-11th round type but just the same wanted to give him another week. I have given all I can.

Gallup-only own one place and similar to JuJu was going to cut him after last week but it's a deep league, I own Dak, and Cooks injury made me give him another week. Times up.

Penny-has not been in any lineups of course so his crimes against my fantasy teams so far is taking up a spot, more of a misdemeanor in nature and not the felonious assualt carried out by others here. I have cut him in some places, but I probably won't entirely chop him off until Gainwell is back, which could be this week, or maybe it's a few weeks but I'm incined to hold till then to see if he can show anything or if something should befall Swift. In short Gainewell's injury is only thing keeping him from the cord being pulled so I put him this section, especially since it might happen this week.

Holding a Vigil

Burrow's calf which will of course have ripple effects. Just because Higgins had the bigger game I'm no less worried about him then Chase. Even McPherson becomes a non bye-week cut.

Mattison-I'll probably start him most places this week. Huge game for him. He's going from two of the most difficult teams to run against to one of the better matchups. Created a narrative that the difficult issues he faced this last week will have the team putting him in every possible scenario for some success. If he lays an egg this week he'll be put on life support.

On Life Support

These are players I would not cut in deeper leagues, but I'll be going out of my way to not have them in a lineup:

Dalvin Cook-Zach Wilson sinks all ships so this goes for most of the Jets but at least Wilson and Hall's spectacular talent(when he picks his snap count up) gives them a shot. Dalvin ain't that no more.

Dameon Pierce-still believe he'll be fine if/when the OL gets intact but until then....

Dillon-he sucks. I understand why they inquired about Taylor now. I only drafted him one team because I had Aaron Jones and was feeling(rightfully so) lean at RB. So started him this week on notion that if not now then when. The answer as I know now it is hopefully never. Won't cut him but will take more then Jones missing to see my lineup.

Pitts-few places I own him are TE premium leagues. He may not deserve it but his leash is long with me, he just won't be fouling up starting lineups until he shows me something.

Dotson moving from WR2 to the bench. Hoping for one or two good games from him so I can attempt to move him for anything... or otherwise he's back on the wire.

Pitts and Fields for me. To the bench until I see signs that the coaches are making changes to their usage.

Users who are viewing this thread