What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

Eric Adams (D-Mayor NYC): "The far right is doing the wrong the thing, the far left is doing nothing. I mean the silence, I don't believe the silence that I'm hearing."
This is why what Abbott and DeSantis are doing isn't a political stunt. Getting the left to admit there's a problem is only possible if they are made to face the reality if it.
Sure, it's a political stunt designed to get people on the left to talk about the war more. Still a political stunt.

As commish and others like myself have said a bunch, if the GOP was really against illegal immigration, I would think they would crack down hard in their states - including businesses who hire these people. You know, lead by example.
A political stunt is done solely to further someone's political aspirations. Sending migrants to non-border cities is sending a message and drawing attention to a problem that is largely being ignored. And hopefully they keep doing it because as we can see, it might actually be working. Time for another plane or two to Martha's Vineyard!

Agreed...if it was a dem doing this to expose GOP hypocrisy they would be getting ready to receive their Kennedy Profiles in Courage award,
Not by me. :shrug: Just you guys cheering your teams on. People have given examples of what similar types of stunts politicians on the left could do, and they are equally gross and ineffective.

But judging by the reactions, it's working in this case so it's not like the behavior is being discouraged (actively encouraged in your case), so it's just back to more grandstanding and owning the other team.

Love the "your team" schtick you got going...the reason it is working is because these cities/people have been virtual signaling with their Sanctuary City stuff for years but now that they have to deal with it instead of some dumb rubes down at the Texas border it is seen as some type of stunt...funny what a dose of reality does.
Lol. Ok then, wake me up when actual meaningful things at the border are being done (the catch is things that actually address it - not more Stay in Mexico can kicking). I mean, just read your post - it's basically reads like "they started it" and is basically just more owning the libs crap.

Seems to be your standard reply...this isn't owning the libs it is exposing their hypocrisy...how about a wall or some other way to secure the border so there is no more illegal immigration, and all immigration is legal (and before you deflect...I am all for legal immigration)....seems like a pretty simple way to handle this and with the way $ is being spent domestically and overseas the cost should not be an issue...if you have a better idea I am open for it but since we have been failing at this for over 50 years why don't we try that instead of complaining that it won't work when nothing else does.

I and others have offered our opinions on what would be better ways to handle the border and immigration. Yes, it is my standard reply, I guess sorry for sticking to that? I am interested in politicians doing those things - not this dumb game of flying immigrants around the country, not money sinking walls, etc.. Those things. IMO the GOP are hypocrites b/c as puffed out as their chests get about illegals, they never seem to want to go after business when they are in charge. If there aren't jobs for people here illegally, wouldn't they largely stop coming? IMO the Dems are hypocrites because they puff their chests up about legal immigration, but I have yet to see them beef up infrastructure at the border to accomplish that. I still don't know WTF this administration is trying to do down there.

You guys would have more ground to stand on if the follow up to this was a plan of what they were looking for, what specifically they would do differently, something. Otherwise, yes - I will have the opinion that "exposing their hypocrisy" is the same as "owning the other team".

I agree with a lot of this (with the exception of your last paragraph defending your team)...both parties have been complicit with this, and I don't think anyone can make a case differently...that being said I have zero issues with the politicians on the front lines of this making sure there is equity in who deals with it...if you say you are a Sanctuary City that says to me you have a welcome sign up for illegal immigration and you should lead by example.
Good to see you guys getting in on the equity train. ;)

We just disagree on what this is accomplishing. Sorry, this is not what I want to see out of our politics - I want less divisiveness, not more. IMO you would have more of a point to me if it wasn't a politician not on the border, who just happens to be gearing up for a POTUS run, leading the charge on this. I still think it's the wrong way to go about this, but I would view it as less of a political stunt.

So, you are OK with Abbott doing it then? IMO this is not about divisiveness but accountability and shining a bright light on a big problem instead of lecturing the rest of the unwashed from your mansion on The Vineyard.
Not sure what you are talking about with Abbott, but probably not. I think doing this is dumb in general, but would make slightly more sense to me if it was at least a politician from a border state. So still dumb, but I could buy it being less of a solely political stunt if it was from people in that region, if that makes more sense.

It's OK, we just disagree on the effectiveness and motivations of this move.

At the very least, I find it immature. And my mild hope was that in 2020 we would step farther away from that type of politics in high political offices, but unfortunately it seems it was just trending upward. Sad state our country's politics is currently in.

Hearing the Democratic Mayor of America's largest city calling out the left for their inaction during this crisis shows me that what the southern Governors and Mayors are doing is having an affect.
While I expect this Administration and others on the left to continue to ignore it going into the midterms, it'll be interesting to see if Republicans manage to take control of Congress, if Biden will veto a bill put on his desk addressing the border.

Hearing the Democratic Mayor of America's largest city calling out the left for their inaction during this crisis shows me that what the southern Governors and Mayors are doing is having an affect.
While I expect this Administration and others on the left to continue to ignore it going into the midterms, it'll be interesting to see if Republicans manage to take control of Congress, if Biden will veto a bill put on his desk addressing the border.
Isn't this also a sad comment on our state of politics? It's a win because a D spoke out against the party? That maybe :gasp: it shows that not all the people in the party agree on all topics?

Isn't this also a sad comment on our state of politics? It's a win because a D spoke out against the party? That maybe :gasp: it shows that not all the people in the party agree on all topics?
It's a sad state on politics when he wouldn't say anything until it directly affected him. Had immigrants not been shipped to NYC, he would have remained silent like so many others.

It's a sad state on politics when he wouldn't say anything until it directly affected him. Had immigrants not been shipped to NYC, he would have remained silent like so many others.
Exactly. So this spotlight you are cheering for is shining a light on the hypocrisy of politicians, not on the border and solutions. I want waaay less of hyprocites pointing out hyprocisy in others and waaay more talking about issues and solutions - that's the core of why I think this is a dumb move and a political stunt.

Eric Adams (D-Mayor NYC): "The far right is doing the wrong the thing, the far left is doing nothing. I mean the silence, I don't believe the silence that I'm hearing."
This is why what Abbott and DeSantis are doing isn't a political stunt. Getting the left to admit there's a problem is only possible if they are made to face the reality if it.
Sure, it's a political stunt designed to get people on the left to talk about the war more. Still a political stunt.

As commish and others like myself have said a bunch, if the GOP was really against illegal immigration, I would think they would crack down hard in their states - including businesses who hire these people. You know, lead by example.
A political stunt is done solely to further someone's political aspirations. Sending migrants to non-border cities is sending a message and drawing attention to a problem that is largely being ignored. And hopefully they keep doing it because as we can see, it might actually be working. Time for another plane or two to Martha's Vineyard!

Agreed...if it was a dem doing this to expose GOP hypocrisy they would be getting ready to receive their Kennedy Profiles in Courage award,
Not by me. :shrug: Just you guys cheering your teams on. People have given examples of what similar types of stunts politicians on the left could do, and they are equally gross and ineffective.

But judging by the reactions, it's working in this case so it's not like the behavior is being discouraged (actively encouraged in your case), so it's just back to more grandstanding and owning the other team.

Love the "your team" schtick you got going...the reason it is working is because these cities/people have been virtual signaling with their Sanctuary City stuff for years but now that they have to deal with it instead of some dumb rubes down at the Texas border it is seen as some type of stunt...funny what a dose of reality does.
Lol. Ok then, wake me up when actual meaningful things at the border are being done (the catch is things that actually address it - not more Stay in Mexico can kicking). I mean, just read your post - it's basically reads like "they started it" and is basically just more owning the libs crap.

Seems to be your standard reply...this isn't owning the libs it is exposing their hypocrisy...how about a wall or some other way to secure the border so there is no more illegal immigration, and all immigration is legal (and before you deflect...I am all for legal immigration)....seems like a pretty simple way to handle this and with the way $ is being spent domestically and overseas the cost should not be an issue...if you have a better idea I am open for it but since we have been failing at this for over 50 years why don't we try that instead of complaining that it won't work when nothing else does.

I and others have offered our opinions on what would be better ways to handle the border and immigration. Yes, it is my standard reply, I guess sorry for sticking to that? I am interested in politicians doing those things - not this dumb game of flying immigrants around the country, not money sinking walls, etc.. Those things. IMO the GOP are hypocrites b/c as puffed out as their chests get about illegals, they never seem to want to go after business when they are in charge. If there aren't jobs for people here illegally, wouldn't they largely stop coming? IMO the Dems are hypocrites because they puff their chests up about legal immigration, but I have yet to see them beef up infrastructure at the border to accomplish that. I still don't know WTF this administration is trying to do down there.

You guys would have more ground to stand on if the follow up to this was a plan of what they were looking for, what specifically they would do differently, something. Otherwise, yes - I will have the opinion that "exposing their hypocrisy" is the same as "owning the other team".

I agree with a lot of this (with the exception of your last paragraph defending your team)...both parties have been complicit with this, and I don't think anyone can make a case differently...that being said I have zero issues with the politicians on the front lines of this making sure there is equity in who deals with it...if you say you are a Sanctuary City that says to me you have a welcome sign up for illegal immigration and you should lead by example.

We just disagree on what this is accomplishing. Sorry, this is not what I want to see out of our politics - I want less divisiveness, not more. IMO you would have more of a point to me if it wasn't a politician not on the border, who just happens to be gearing up for a POTUS run, leading the charge on this. I still think it's the wrong way to go about this, but I would view it as less of a political stunt.

So, you are OK with Abbott doing it then? IMO this is not about divisiveness but accountability and shining a bright light on a big problem instead of lecturing the rest of the unwashed from your mansion on The Vineyard.
Not sure what you are talking about with Abbott, but probably not. I think doing this is dumb in general, but would make slightly more sense to me if it was at least a politician from a border state. So still dumb, but I could buy it being less of a solely political stunt if it was from people in that region, if that makes more sense.

At the very least, I find it immature. And my mild hope was that in 2020 we would step farther away from that type of politics in high political offices, but unfortunately it seems it was just trending upward. Sad state our country's politics is currently in.

He is the Governor of Texas which is a border state and he was the one sending them to DC which drew the initial attention to this.

He is the Governor of Texas which is a border state and he was the one sending them to DC which drew the initial attention to this.
My answer applies. Still don't like it, but makes more sense to me for him to do this than DeSantis getting in on the action.

100%…the hypocrisy is amazing and one of the main issues in our country…we have an elite class that gets insulated from everyday problems…it is just unacceptable.

Last edited:
Exactly. So this spotlight you are cheering for is shining a light on the hypocrisy of politicians, not on the border and solutions. I want waaay less of hyprocites pointing out hyprocisy in others and waaay more talking about issues and solutions - that's the core of why I think this is a dumb move and a political stunt.
When the alternative is watching the left remain silent and letting the situation continue as is, exposing hypocrisy is at least a step in the right direction and possibly the beginning of a discussion. If Adams' comments open the eyes of people who were ignoring this, it's anything but a dumb move, imo. I can't imagine there are many on the left who were happy with what he said.

My answer applies. Still don't like it, but makes more sense to me for him to do this than DeSantis getting in on the action.

This is the problem I have with the Biden Administration on the issue: https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/07/texas-greg-abbott-state-police-border/

The border states are struggling with the influx of illegal immigrants. The Biden Administration isn't doing a good job with immigration and it's causing state officials to have to tow the line between protecting their citizens and violating civil rights. When Democratic lawmakers are pleading with Biden to do something, things are obviously bad (https://www.houstonchronicle.com/po...llar-says-Biden-not-listening-to-17470280.php).

Had Biden just kept Trump's border and immigration policies, we would be in much better shape today. But instead, here we are.

This is the problem I have with the Biden Administration on the issue: https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/07/texas-greg-abbott-state-police-border/

The border states are struggling with the influx of illegal immigrants. The Biden Administration isn't doing a good job with immigration and it's causing state officials to have to tow the line between protecting their citizens and violating civil rights. When Democratic lawmakers are pleading with Biden to do something, things are obviously bad (https://www.houstonchronicle.com/po...llar-says-Biden-not-listening-to-17470280.php).

Had Biden just kept Trump's border and immigration policies, we would be in much better shape today. But instead, here we are.
1. Ok, do you think I am defending Biden here? If not, I was confused why you quoted me with this reply.

2. I disagree that we would be in much better shape, but that is a fundamental disagreement over SIM between us. I thought the better step was to reverse that, BUT doing so after you have a plan in place. We saw the buildup at the border, and it was just horribly stupid to reverse policy without a plan to deal with the access.

Kicking the can down the road while the problem gets bigger and bigger is the opposite of what I consider "much better shape". Of course, this comes from a person who hasn't been happy with a single Presidential Admin's handling of our border. None of them are fixing it and that's by design IMO. Want it fixed? Put more lawyers, judges and facilities on the borders to process these people. Problem solved.

Put more lawyers, judges and facilities on the borders to process these people. Problem solved.

who pays for all that ?

we're already paying military - why not post them all along the border and force back into Mexico anyone trying to cross illegally ? (as well as other measures)

Put more lawyers, judges and facilities on the borders to process these people. Problem solved.

who pays for all that ?

we're already paying military - why not post them all along the border and force back into Mexico anyone trying to cross illegally ? (as well as other measures)
My answer is the same as every other time you've asked me this question then, apparently, ignored the answer.

To the bold, that can't happen unless authorized by Congress.

who pays for all that ?

My answer is the same as every other time you've asked me this question then, apparently, ignored the answer.

It’s interesting that your solution gets a “who pays for all of that” when he wants a multi billion dollar wall built and tens of thousands of additional border patrol agents hired to patrol it.

who pays for all that ?

It’s interesting that your solution gets a “who pays for all of that” when he wants a multi billion dollar wall built and tens of thousands of additional border patrol agents hired to patrol it.
I've answered that question at least a dozen times. It's clear he's not reading my responses. Forgo buying a couple of F35s a year.....problem solved. They want to claim this is a national security issue, then take it out of our defense budget.

I've answered that question at least a dozen times. It's clear he's not reading my responses. Forgo buying a couple of F35s a year.....problem solved. They want to claim this is a national security issue, then take it out of our defense budget.

it was more a thought than asking for a response .......... what Biden and Democrats are doing is a humanitarian crisis, its hurting/killing American citizens and its an atrocity

heck even Bill Clinton understands

Clinton’s comments came during an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria, who asked, “Now what you have is a lot of people who are essentially economic migrants . . . essentially gaming the system, using the asylum as a way to get in. Isn’t it true that there has to be some order placed on this? Some control?”

“I agree with that,” Clinton replied. “That is, there is a limit to how many migrants any society can take without severe disruption and assistance, and our system is based much more on an assumption that things would be more normal,” Clinton said on a CNN podcast with Zakaria.

Clinton’s comments come as border agents have recorded more than 2.1 million migrant encounters this fiscal year, including more than 200,000 encounters last month alone.

200,000 ............ what city in the USA, or which small group of counties in the USA, can handle that?

do you know how much food 200,000 people eat in a day? where do they sleep? poop? what about covid? I mean that's JUST IN ONE MONTH

I wish Desantis could dump 200,000 in downtown New York tomorrow or LA or Portland .... 50 in Martha's Vineyard got attention, 200,000 would better

if the leaders don’t want to deal with it, is it a issue? Since Kamala says it’s not a “issue”, it led to ”stunts”.

who pays for all that ?

We could give it all to the Ukraine.

if the leaders don’t want to deal with it, is it a issue? Since Kamala says it’s not a “issue”, it led to ”stunts”.
Of course it's still an issue, but it still doesn't mean I think they did the right thing.

it was more a thought than asking for a response .......... what Biden and Democrats are doing is a humanitarian crisis, its hurting/killing American citizens and its an atrocity

heck even Bill Clinton understands

Clinton’s comments came during an interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria, who asked, “Now what you have is a lot of people who are essentially economic migrants . . . essentially gaming the system, using the asylum as a way to get in. Isn’t it true that there has to be some order placed on this? Some control?”

“I agree with that,” Clinton replied. “That is, there is a limit to how many migrants any society can take without severe disruption and assistance, and our system is based much more on an assumption that things would be more normal,” Clinton said on a CNN podcast with Zakaria.

Clinton’s comments come as border agents have recorded more than 2.1 million migrant encounters this fiscal year, including more than 200,000 encounters last month alone.

200,000 ............ what city in the USA, or which small group of counties in the USA, can handle that?

do you know how much food 200,000 people eat in a day? where do they sleep? poop? what about covid? I mean that's JUST IN ONE MONTH

I wish Desantis could dump 200,000 in downtown New York tomorrow or LA or Portland .... 50 in Martha's Vineyard got attention, 200,000 would better
This isnt unique to Biden. Every administration since Ive been alive has failed at the border. Yes....just letting them pile up is just as problematic as letting them in. Address it and move on. Neither of your "sides" wants to though. Pawns are too valuable politically.

This isnt unique to Biden. Every administration since Ive been alive has failed at the border. Yes....just letting them pile up is just as problematic as letting them in. Address it and move on. Neither of your "sides" wants to though. Pawns are too valuable politically.

Trump was trying to stop it with pushing increased border security, legislation, barriers and talking about it every chance he had....... what has Democrats offered to try and stop it ? they WANT all these illegals ... that's plain and clear

• President Biden cancelled construction of the border wall which decreased illegal entries by 87%.
  • The Biden administration is determined to end Title 42 with the knowledge that the southern border will encounter 18,000 migrants per day as soon as it is lifted.
  • President Biden will reinstate the Obama-era “catch and release” policy which allows dangerous illegal immigrants to disappear into the United States.

Trump was trying to stop it with pushing increased border security, legislation, barriers and talking about it every chance he had....... what has Democrats offered to try and stop it ? they WANT all these illegals ... that's plain and clear

• President Biden cancelled construction of the border wall which decreased illegal entries by 87%.
  • The Biden administration is determined to end Title 42 with the knowledge that the southern border will encounter 18,000 migrants per day as soon as it is lifted.
  • President Biden will reinstate the Obama-era “catch and release” policy which allows dangerous illegal immigrants to disappear into the United States.
He definitely talked about it...no question...lots of talk. Weird thing is when more staff, new technology at POEs, more lawyers, more judges etc were all proposed in a bill, he rejected them because there was no wall. Actions speak louder than words :shrug:

And in my view, simply letting people pile up on the Mexico side of the border isn't "stopping" anything...at best it's a delay. Fact remains, the solution to our border is to process these people faster with mor facilities, lawyers and judges. The faster they are processed, the faster they know their fate and the faster their future is determined in this country. But then the pawns are gone and can't be used in these political stunts by the "sides". It's not getting resolved any time soon. At some point, you'll realize that those you are defending and advocating for aren't any better in any meaningful way than those you claim to loathe.

Man, if only @The Commish would cone out and say he doesn't agree with how Biden is handling the border either! ;)
It's funny because there are so many that are focused on the talk by these politicians and consistently use that talk as "evidence" that their guy is "trying to do something" (ignoring the actions that say the exact opposite), you'd think I'd be squarely in their camp and pass the purity test...weird.

He definitely talked about it...no question...lots of talk. Weird thing is when more staff, new technology at POEs, more lawyers, more judges etc were all proposed in a bill, he rejected them because there was no wall. Actions speak louder than words :shrug:

And in my view, simply letting people pile up on the Mexico side of the border isn't "stopping" anything...at best it's a delay. Fact remains, the solution to our border is to process these people faster with mor facilities, lawyers and judges. The faster they are processed, the faster they know their fate and the faster their future is determined in this country. But then the pawns are gone and can't be used in these political stunts by the "sides". It's not getting resolved any time soon. At some point, you'll realize that those you are defending and advocating for aren't any better in any meaningful way than those you claim to loathe.

how would spending hundreds of millions more on lawyers/judges stop people from coming across the border illegally ? faster processing of hundreds of thousands literally pouring across the border is NOT stopping them from coming across

Man, if only @The Commish would cone out and say he doesn't agree with how Biden is handling the border either! ;)
It's funny because there are so many that are focused on the talk by these politicians and consistently use that talk as "evidence" that their guy is "trying to do something" (ignoring the actions that say the exact opposite), you'd think I'd be squarely in their camp and pass the purity test...weird.
Or at they could be honest and say they want the southern border completely shut off and basically stop immigration from that spot.

Complain that people are "using" the asylum system, or bad people are released into the US too much, or that they disappear before court dates because the dates are so far away, etc.. but The Wall is the end all be all solution.

I also get from the tone of many here that they consider even people here via asylum with later court dates to be "illegals" too. Having quick processing and the like would help remove that stigma from these groups if that's the case too.

how would spending hundreds of millions more on lawyers/judges stop people from coming across the border illegally ? faster processing of hundreds of thousands literally pouring across the border is NOT stopping them from coming across

It doesn't.

Do you have ANY idea what the immigration process is in this country? Like at all?

Or at they could be honest and say they want the southern border completely shut off and basically stop immigration from that spot.

Complain that people are "using" the asylum system, or bad people are released into the US too much, or that they disappear before court dates because the dates are so far away, etc.. but The Wall is the end all be all solution.

I also get from the tone of many here that they consider even people here via asylum with later court dates to be "illegals" too. Having quick processing and the like would help remove that stigma from these groups if that's the case too.
This can't be it....the usuals have told me time and time and time and time and time again, they have no problem with "legal immigration".

This can't be it....the usuals have told me time and time and time and time and time again, they have no problem with "legal immigration".
Oh, that's right. So for legal immigration, as long as it's only a few after they basically shut down immigration from the south? got it. ;)

Do you have ANY idea what the immigration process is in this country? Like at all?

yes, walk across the border and come on in to the USA and live here illegally for decades

that is the current process

now, there is another process where you can do things legally .... but that doesn't apply to many many of the people who want to come here, so they ignore it

now my question way, we add 40,000 judges and lawyers that are making $$$$$$$ and charged to the US Taxpayers .......... how is that going to reduce the numbers pouring across our southern border ?

Oh, that's right. So for legal immigration, as long as it's only a few after they basically shut down immigration from the south? got it. ;)

we are the most generous nation in the world for legal immigration are we not ?

but hundreds of thousands into millions who want to come here on top of what we already allow just break the law and do it anyway ............. that's not an immigration system, that's criminal and adding judges/lawyers will not stop it

It's classic NIMBY Protocol.

You two having fun tilting at windmills in here? Quite some imagination going on.

At least there was quick confirmation that my 3rd paragraph is true too.

yes, walk across the border and come on in to the USA and live here illegally for decades

now, there is another process where you can do things legally .... but that doesn't apply to many many of the people who want to come here, so they ignore it

now my question way, we add 40,000 judges and lawyers that are making $$$$$$$ and charged to the US Taxpayers .......... how is that going to reduce the numbers pouring across our southern border ?
No it's not....and this is all rather disgusting to be honest. Every person coming to this country gets their day in court to make their case. Some are accepted, some aren't. While they are waiting they are allowed to stay in this country. If you process the people quickly, they have their answer and will either begin their life here in the US or be rejected and sent elsewhere. If you can't see how clearing the backlog and giving people their answers to their futures ASAP is helpful, there's no need in going further. At that point, it's rather clear you just don't want anyone coming here so you can drop the "I don't have a problem with legal immigration" shtick, because it would be official ********.

You two having fun tilting at windmills in here? Quite some imagination going on.
The lack of basic understanding of how our border works is DEFINITELY a real problem....that should be clear in the last few posts.

No it's not....and this is all rather disgusting to be honest. Every person coming to this country gets their day in court to make their case. Some are accepted, some aren't. While they are waiting they are allowed to stay in this country. If you process the people quickly, they have their answer and will either begin their life here in the US or be rejected and sent elsewhere. If you can't see how clearing the backlog and giving people their answers to their futures ASAP is helpful, there's no need in going further. At that point, it's rather clear you just don't want anyone coming here so you can drop the "I don't have a problem with legal immigration" shtick, because it would be official ********.

you don't think its disgusting that taxpayers pay hundreds of millions of dollars on illegally coming here people ?

and tell me ... if a person from a central A country or islands comes to the USA and gets told no, go home ... do they ? how many visa overstays are there ?

in the red - your'e wrong. You don't like the points I'm making so you try and attack another way. Fact is nobody once here has complained about legal immigration , have they ?

the ILLEGALS are the problem, always have been

Estimates in 2016 put the number of unauthorized immigrants at 10.7 million, representing 3.3% of the total U.S. population. - what do you think it is now ? 20 million ? you think they're waiting for their day in court ? please. How many deported come back? and why should the US Taxpayers fit the bill for all that ? and lets not discuss that adding lawyers/judges completely ignores the humanitarian crisis of child sex trafficking, human trafficking, the abuse and murders AND the impacts on US citizens

Do you think there is no limits to what we as a country can handle for legal immigration ?

Shut the border down hard - now

The lack of basic understanding of how our border works is DEFINITELY a real problem....that should be clear in the last few posts.

this is how the border works

there are plenty more on youtube, but this facebook close group is really the real deal, people impacted daily by this massive problem

there is your truth and adding lawyers/judges won't help

you don't think its disgusting that taxpayers pay hundreds of millions of dollars on illegally coming here people ? YES! I'd much rather spend it processing them and giving them their chance.

and tell me ... if a person from a central A country or islands comes to the USA and gets told no, go home ... do they ? YES how many visa overstays are there ? Don't know. You tell me. Visa overstays aren't unique to Central/South America though and we get very few of those sorts of requests from there.

in the red - your'e wrong. You don't like the points I'm making so you try and attack another way. Fact is nobody once here has complained about legal immigration , have they ? When you ask what the point of processing people is because it's not going to solve anything, only one of two things can be true. You either don't really understand the immigration process and how it works or you don't really want them coming here in the first place and are annoyed that we are even processing them.

the ILLEGALS are the problem, always have been

Estimates in 2016 put the number of unauthorized immigrants at 10.7 million, representing 3.3% of the total U.S. population. - what do you think it is now ? 20 million ? you think they're waiting for their day in court ? please. How many deported come back? and why should the US Taxpayers fit the bill for all that ? and lets not discuss that adding lawyers/judges completely ignores the humanitarian crisis of child sex trafficking, human trafficking, the abuse and murders AND the impacts on US citizens All pretty conspiratorial here...don't even know where to start so I'm not going to bother. This feels like something one can find on the reliable US "mainstream media" I'm guessing? This feels like an argument with my wife when we're talking about "X" and it's not going her way, then she starts talking about "Y", "Z", "Q" and "B" until something sticks. It's all about winning the argument. Very little to do with seeking an amecible solution.

Do you think there is no limits to what we as a country can handle for legal immigration ? I've already said probably 100 different times that our immigration allotment per year should be just enough to fill the gap in our loss of growth because we aren't reproducing at the same rate we used to. Use immigrants to support that growth...problem solved.

Shut the border down hard - now Exactly....this is ultimately what you want...not sure why all the blabbering above is necessary.
Yet another post proving you really don't read much of anything I say. If you did, you wouldn't keep asking me the same questions over and over.

Dems job creation -

40,000 judges
87,000 IRS agents
100,000+ cops

Is this China?

Yet another post proving you really don't read much of anything I say. If you did, you wouldn't keep asking me the same questions over and over.

you'd be ok with spending the hundreds of millions on lawyers/judges .... I am not and the truth is, it wouldn't matter anyway because of all the people who just stay anyway

if they were honest people abiding by our laws ... wouldn't there be no illegals living in the USA for the past 20 years? we know there are 20 million or more illegally here people ... they're not here waiting for their day in court

many many return after being deported - because they want to be in the USA and they'll break every law we have to get their way

So by claiming asylum and using that legal avenue of entry, people are here illegally? Learn something new every day.

I get the frustration of an exploitable system, but a lot of that is the huge backlog and having to wait years to get their hearing. That's not on them, that is on us for not focusing on that. I don't understand why the primary solution for so many is stopping that person from getting here vs fixing it so it's quick and we have proper facilities while they wait so they aren't allowed in if their claim is invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread