What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (3 Viewers)

They have the Apple version for $1 less than Apple with Prime shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXJFMGF

Same day shipping option as well. Seems like a better deal to me. No idea why a knock offs is more.

Also, the one in your link says something about controlling calls. I didn’t see that on Apple’s site so is there more functionality in that adapter? I don’t use it but seems like it’s more expensive than the Apple one and Amazon has the same Apple one you linked for less. I’m sure there are things you can get cheaper elsewhere but this is an example where the exact thing you want is cheaper on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CHARGEWORX-Lightning-Headphone-Certified-Connector/dp/B07MK5F2QT/ref=gbph_img___59cb925c?smid=A1NQMY4MMSB6LN

I dont think it has any more control than the regular adapter. I think its click bait and by reading the questions, the control comes from it being compatible with the apple headphones which have volume and call controls on them. 

regardless, I didn't intend to get into a features debate, just highlighting that you really need to watch the prices because some 'deals' dont appear to be  deals at all. 

The reason I even noticed this was b/c I could use one for my phone so I had it on my watch list. I knew they went for about $9-12 and was hoping to snag a lightening deal at around $5-6. When it came up with the sale price over $10 with a 70% off tag I was surprised.  Thats when I saw the "original price". 

Other companies are having sales today too, due to Amazon's influence.  If you are going to buy video games, not just today but in general, buy them from Walmart.com.  They are one of the only companies that lets you return it for a refund after you've opened it and played it if you don't want it (I think you have 30 days).  I did that with Madden 20 a couple of months ago.  Terrible game.

Other companies are having sales today too, due to Amazon's influence.  If you are going to buy video games, not just today but in general, buy them from Walmart.com.  They are one of the only companies that lets you return it for a refund after you've opened it and played it if you don't want it (I think you have 30 days).  I did that with Madden 20 a couple of months ago.  Terrible game.
Thanks.

Four years ago I bought a PS4 game for my nephew...it was $17 so not a new release  game. Turns out he already had it and when I went to return it, Amazon gave me the credit and told me to keep the game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanatics.com also.

Nathan R. Jessep said:
For just a hair over $50 this one is pretty damn good I must say. Just got it about a month ago after reading some reviews and this one was recommended above several that were in the $100-200 range. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784ZQFHZ/
Thanks...I looked at that one yesterday but ended up ordering This one, it was on a lightning deal for $39, and I had $9 in Prime Visa rewards so I got it for $30.

It has good reviews, and I just wanted something for outdoor/garage/fishing use that was cheap and won't upset me if something happens to it.

Has anyone else been double dipped by Amazon for their prime membership??

Was just doing some financial audits and realized that not only did Amazon bill me for the annual prime subscription, they have also been charging me monthly!   MFers.

Has anyone else been double dipped by Amazon for their prime membership??

Was just doing some financial audits and realized that not only did Amazon bill me for the annual prime subscription, they have also been charging me monthly!   MFers.
Multiple email addresses/accounts or signed up for Prime via Firestick? I guess the second one wouldn’t make sense if you used your account. I’d check also to see if maybe someone used your credit card for their Prime membership.

Nothing pisses me off more than paying for Amazon Music when we have Apple Music family and HBOMax when I get it for free from AT&T. The former was an easy fix with the Alexa app making Apple Music my default and the latter was fixed by me yelling at everyone to talk to me about logging into a service first in case we have it. Funny how the guy who pays for it all is the only one careful about checking.

Well this is pretty cool. I've never used a mobile delivery service, but I absolutely will now.

Amazon teams up with Grubhub to offer free delivery to Prime members for a year

https://www.foxla.com/news/amazon-grubhub-free-delivery-prime-members

Amazon will give its U.S. Prime members free access to meal delivery service Grubhub for a year under a deal announced Wednesday.

The Grubhub Plus membership __ which normally costs $9.99 per month __ lets customers order from thousands of restaurants with no delivery fees on most orders. Amazon Prime membership costs $139 per year.

Prime members must sign up for the Grubhub service. After one year they will be charged Grubhub’s normal fees unless they deactivate the program.

Being able to give Prime members one year of Grubhub+ and no delivery fees from restaurants is our way of saying ‘thank you,’ Jamil Ghani, VP of Amazon Prime, said in a statement. "The value of a Prime membership continues to grow with this offer, and this year is shaping up to be a great time to enjoy the convenience, savings, fun — and deliciousness — that membership provides."

Edit: you have to sign up via the Amazon website. I went to Accounts and Lists in top right, then clicked Prime Membership, then clicked the banner that says "Deals and promotions for Prime members", then scrolled down and found it there.

Terminal List. 

:welcome:
Great series. Lots of fun even though the critics seem to think it’s a right wing revenge fantasy. Personally, I didn’t see anything political in it at all. Good people and bad people are both men and woman and both military. Oh well, sometimes a TV show is just a TV show and meant to be enjoyed not picked apart going in with a bias.

Well this is pretty cool. I've never used a mobile delivery service, but I absolutely will now.

Amazon teams up with Grubhub to offer free delivery to Prime members for a year

https://www.foxla.com/news/amazon-grubhub-free-delivery-prime-members

Amazon will give its U.S. Prime members free access to meal delivery service Grubhub for a year under a deal announced Wednesday.

The Grubhub Plus membership __ which normally costs $9.99 per month __ lets customers order from thousands of restaurants with no delivery fees on most orders. Amazon Prime membership costs $139 per year.

Prime members must sign up for the Grubhub service. After one year they will be charged Grubhub’s normal fees unless they deactivate the program.

Being able to give Prime members one year of Grubhub+ and no delivery fees from restaurants is our way of saying ‘thank you,’ Jamil Ghani, VP of Amazon Prime, said in a statement. "The value of a Prime membership continues to grow with this offer, and this year is shaping up to be a great time to enjoy the convenience, savings, fun — and deliciousness — that membership provides."

Edit: you have to sign up via the Amazon website. I went to Accounts and Lists in top right, then clicked Prime Membership, then clicked the banner that says "Deals and promotions for Prime members", then scrolled down and found it there.

Restaurants will probably take the L on this deal somehow 

Great series. Lots of fun even though the critics seem to think it’s a right wing revenge fantasy. Personally, I didn’t see anything political in it at all. Good people and bad people are both men and woman and both military. Oh well, sometimes a TV show is just a TV show and meant to be enjoyed not picked apart going in with a bias.
That is stupid. There is no political or social messaging there.... which then again, may be why the critics don't like it. They seem more preoccupied by everything other than actually the show or movie. 

We are probably the last folks on Earth to get with the whole "Ring doorbell" type of thing.  We actually got one when my wife was in the audience at the Ellen Show, but we ended up selling it for some weird reason.

Anyways, I've always wanted some security cameras on our property and the time is right especially with Prime Days.

This is a fantastic value with awesome reviews.  Can't wait to get it all set up so I can monitor what's going on even if I'm at the office or traveling.  

We are probably the last folks on Earth to get with the whole "Ring doorbell" type of thing.  We actually got one when my wife was in the audience at the Ellen Show, but we ended up selling it for some weird reason.

Anyways, I've always wanted some security cameras on our property and the time is right especially with Prime Days.

This is a fantastic value with awesome reviews.  Can't wait to get it all set up so I can monitor what's going on even if I'm at the office or traveling.  
Thanks, you just made me spend money :)

decent show, pratt is a whack job and there was some of the conspiracy bs that the extreme far right believes is happening. 

i will be checking out the grub hub for sure 

i’m here for the amazon prime day deals soon but as a person that is still active duty i can tell you that with my dumb ### peers everything bad that happens is from the democrats and everything good is from the republicans. they ignore that this year we will get our biggest pay raise in a long time, but from my friends in the service this is 1000% right wing. 

decent show, pratt is a whack job and there was some of the conspiracy bs that the extreme far right believes is happening. 
That was the compelling part.  He was damaged goods and you really didn't know what was going to happen.  I didn't see any political nonsense in there.  Good show all around.

That was the compelling part.  He was damaged goods and you really didn't know what was going to happen.  I didn't see any political nonsense in there.  Good show all around.
The whole corporate greed being the driver of everything is like a favorite leftist talking point. 

I was really curious of what the critics were saying so I looked up a couple and it seems to basically boil down to Navy SEALs are military and military is bad and there is no woke messaging so this movie is a right wing wet dream and thus must get bad reviews.

Can’t get this to work…expired?
Looks like it works on my end with a new gift card.  I chose a basic amazon $50 e-card and entered my own email as the recipient.  When I go to my cart to check out I see this message:

Qualifying offers

Congratulations on your gift card purchase. Your first Prime Day gift card purchase qualifies you for an Amazon.com credit. A $12.50 promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account and emailed to you within two (2) days after order completion. Offer has a limit of one promotional credit per Amazon.com Prime account.
I didn't try the reload option, because it only had buy it now rather than add to cart, and I wanted to see if it was going to work before purchasing.

Also, I didn't need to use the affiliate link or promo code from that website. Just searched for gift cards.

Can’t get this to work…expired?
I did it and I think it doesn’t show up in the cart. It said you’ll get it in 2 days. I clicked on the apply to account twice and the second time it said it was already applied. I think that’s why it said it didn’t work if you clicked apply to account and then tried to enter it again in the cart.

Looks like it works on my end with a new gift card.  I chose a basic amazon $50 e-card and entered my own email as the recipient.  When I go to my cart to check out I see this message:

I didn't try the reload option, because it only had buy it now rather than add to cart, and I wanted to see if it was going to work before purchasing.

Also, I didn't need to use the affiliate link or promo code from that website. Just searched for gift cards.

I did it and I think it doesn’t show up in the cart. It said you’ll get it in 2 days. I clicked on the apply to account twice and the second time it said it was already applied. I think that’s why it said it didn’t work if you clicked apply to account and then tried to enter it again in the cart.
When I entered the code it said it was not valid for my purchase. Not sure what I did wrong.

When I entered the code it said it was not valid for my purchase. Not sure what I did wrong.
I did too but I had already hit the apply to account (did it twice and it said it was already applied). I think if you did the apply to account you couldn’t add it again at the cart. Kind of confusing but I’ll make sure I get it. 

Picked up a Firestick 4k for $29 and a 4th Gen echo dot for $20, both for a guest bedroom.

Also grabbed one of these massage guns for $70 (reg $249). We have a different one, and it's great, but now Ill  have one I can keep in my work car and for travel.

Picked up a Firestick 4k for $29 and a 4th Gen echo dot for $20, both for a guest bedroom.

Also grabbed one of these massage guns for $70 (reg $249). We have a different one, and it's great, but now Ill  have one I can keep in my work car and for travel.
What do you use these for?

What do you use these for?

The Massage gun? I use it for sore muscles, lower back, knots/kinks in neck, charley horses, etc...the multiple attachments are great for different things (easy massage to deep tissue knot releif). When used at the higher settings/speeds, it not only relieves pain but really helps stimulate blood flow, which makes the entire area feel great. Even if I'm not sore, I'll use it on my arms, legs, shoulders, etc, and it's just really relaxing. The wife loves me to massage her back with it too, which usually ends with me getting lucky. 😁

The Massage gun? I use it for sore muscles, lower back, knots/kinks in neck, charley horses, etc...the multiple attachments are great for different things (easy massage to deep tissue knot releif). When used at the higher settings/speeds, it not only relieves pain but really helps stimulate blood flow, which makes the entire area feel great. Even if I'm not sore, I'll use it on my arms, legs, shoulders, etc, and it's just really relaxing. The wife loves me to massage her back with it too, which usually ends with me getting lucky. 😁
Thanks… not sure why I always think they are just a gimmick.  Might give it a try at that price.

Was gonna skip on terminal list after pratts previous laughably bad show with Amazon (the tomorrow war) and the bad reviews but maybe I'll give it a shot.   

Was gonna skip on terminal list after pratts previous laughably bad show with Amazon (the tomorrow war) and the bad reviews but maybe I'll give it a shot.   

I think this topic would get more traction in the "Netflix" thread, even though it's technically on Amazon Prime.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most folks in this thread are just discussing crap to buy.  Just a suggestion.  

FWIW I just started watching this last night.  Good first episode and will definitely ride it out especially now that The Boys wrapped up.

Anyone actually like the Fire tablets? Price just so cheap on these...

My kids went through a bunch of the kid versions since their return/replace policy is so good.  They were great.  My son still has his but rarely uses it since he has a Switch and Chromebook for his YouTubing and gaming.

Before I had an iPad I had a Fire tablet and it was just fine.  I found that the video quality was great on Prime but lacking on Netflix.  This was 4-5 years ago so I don't know if they've improved that aspect or not.

Just jumped on the fire cube for the living room for $60. The young twins lost the firestick remote anyway so it was an excuse to jump into the Alexa world and eventually add an outside TV with the firestick.  Now I have to research the smart home stuff with Alexa.  I'm a little behind.

Users who are viewing this thread