What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jews weren't all rounded up and put on trains as soon as Hitler took power.  Their rights were slowly eroded over time and that program started way before the war.  It was carefully cultivated to coincide with a propaganda campaign that would ultimately get the German people on board for what they ultimately wanted to do.  There are many books written on the subject.
I didn’t say they were all rounded up right away. I said that they were immediately subjected to beatings and torture at the hands of the state. They were never asked for papers to prove their vaccination status. 

so what's the end game?

I don't know. But I also don't discount anything any longer, after seeing people clamor almost gleefully here and elsewhere to see people lose their jobs over vaccine hesitancy over a disease with a 99%+ survival rate.

The slippery slope is a very real thing, and the last 18 mos. have thoroughly evidenced it.

I don't know. But I also don't discount anything any longer, after seeing people clamor almost gleefully here and elsewhere to see people lose their jobs over vaccine hesitancy over a disease with a 99%+ survival rate.

The slippery slope is a very real thing, and the last 18 mos. have thoroughly evidenced it.

You see it one way lots of others see it this way.  We are actively spreading a new infection and potentially allowing a dangerous new mutation by letting people sit by and do nothing because of misinformation they find on the internet.  

Your 99% ignores the fact that almost 30% of cases are long haul cases that have potentially deep impacts on the both the economy and health care system. 

And you ignore the fact that having 1% of vulnerable people (say people doing cancer treatment) die per year is unacceptable.  And of course that 1% you use is based on us having all these measures in place

https://health.ucdavis.edu/newsroom/news/headlines/studies-show-long-haul-covid-19-afflicts-1-in-4-covid-19-patients-regardless-of-severity/2021/03#:~:text=Anyone can get long-haul COVID.”,-— Christian Sandrock&text=A study from the University,hospitalized patients became long haulers.

And you ignore the fact that if most of us didn't step up and do what's right (mask and vaccination) the economy and the health care system would have collapsed by now.  

But hey, you do you...

Last edited by a moderator:
 We are actively spreading a new infection and potentially allowing a dangerous new mutation by letting people sit by and do nothing because of misinformation they find on the internet.  
The ideas that we're "actively spreading" anything or "allowing a dangerous new mutation" are misinformation found on the internet.

You see it one way lots of others see it this way.  We are actively spreading a new infection and potentially allowing a dangerous new mutation by letting people sit by and do nothing because of misinformation they find on the internet.  

Your 99% ignores the fact that almost 30% of cases are long haul cases that have potentially deep impacts on the both the economy and health care system. 

And you ignore the fact that having 1% of vulnerable people (say people doing cancer treatment) die per year is unacceptable.  And of course that 1% you use is based on us having all these measures in place

https://health.ucdavis.edu/newsroom/news/headlines/studies-show-long-haul-covid-19-afflicts-1-in-4-covid-19-patients-regardless-of-severity/2021/03#:~:text=Anyone can get long-haul COVID.”,-— Christian Sandrock&text=A study from the University,hospitalized patients became long haulers.

And you ignore the fact that if most of us didn't step up and do what's right (mask and vaccination) the economy and the health care system would have collapsed by now.  

But hey, you do you...

And you ignore the prophylactics that may have prevented the long haul cases and deaths b/c the estaishment was so hell bent on experimental vaccine science as the only answer. But carry on doing you. I know you will, Kill.

yea it's not...but whatever dude.  I'm not internet arguing with you

Believe whatever you want but we've gone over this round and round. Marek's vax is a REAL world corrallary example where leaky vaccines caused viral mutations. Keep ignoring which other vaccines are leaky, Kill.

Believe whatever you want but we've gone over this round and round. Marek's vax is a REAL world corrallary example where leaky vaccines caused viral mutations. Keep ignoring which other vaccines are leaky, Kill.

And what do you think unmitigated spread is?  It's the ultimate leaky vaccine (even if that was an actual issue).

You know what mitigates spread? When you show symptoms of being sick. But go on with your badself, playboy. You are on a roll now.

Finally your internet PhD is paying off  - congrats.  I'm not getting into a thread pi$$ing match with you over your ignorance

I'm sure there is some dark corner of the internet you can find some obtuse story and start a new thread about how wrong all the smart people are and how right you are with your internet research.  

You are on ignore now :)

this is why we will never be past COVID.  Since day 1, we have refused to take this serious and we have refused basic accommodations under the guise of "muh freedoms".  Even today, nearly 2 years since COVID first became known, we are still bickering.  SMH. 

Humanity doesn't deserve to continue.

this is why we will never be past COVID.  Since day 1, we have refused to take this serious and we have refused basic accommodations under the guise of "muh freedoms".  Even today, nearly 2 years since COVID first became known, we are still bickering.  SMH. 

That about sums it up for sure.

Can you imagine what these people would think of chemo drugs or any other brand of drug nowadays if they were invented in this political environment?

I’m a glass is half full guy, so I don’t see it this way. 60% of this nation got vaccinated. 60% of us chose to do the right thing. The others don’t represent me. 

I’m a glass is half full guy, so I don’t see it this way. 60% of this nation got vaccinated. 60% of us chose to do the right thing. The others don’t represent me. 
no but they will always be around and prevent us from getting past.  40% is significant enough to matter.

90% of NYC has gotten vaxxed. Yet they just reinforced a mask mandate and they are going to enforce vaccine mandates for children to goto restaurants, movies, or play sports. 90%! NYC took this serious and yet we still arent getting past COVID and in fact are going backwards. Open your eyes.

Which brings it all the way around to whole crux of this thread and so many others.  "nazis!" "jews" "camps" etc, etc, etc...
If people want to live in our society they are forced to do certain things. If they want to drive they need to have drivers licenses and wear seatbelts. When they go to an airport they need to remove their wallets and any metallic items and be searched. If they want to send their kids to school the kids need to be vaccinated against certain diseases. Etc. Etc. 

We do these things for public safety. None of them comprise any significant infringement on freedom. None of them are “slippery slopes” to concentration camps. There is no reason on Earth we shouldn’t compel people to get vaccinated against Covid 19. 

So 100% of the population on a 3-6 mo EXPERIMENTAL vax booster subscription to flatten the curve now?

Unreal, the nerve of some of you in here. Especially the anti-Nazi guy saying you need to just force it upon people. Way to prove the slippery slope concept, buddy.

That about sums it up for sure.

Can you imagine what these people would think of chemo drugs or any other brand of drug nowadays if they were invented in this political environment?

I think we already know the answer to this.

"Ty Bollinger began their business several years ago with books and DVDs such as “Cancer: Step Outside the Box” and “The Truth About Cancer,” which medical experts say included unproven information about alternatives to chemotherapy and cancer prevention. The company even sells a series that purports to show “the truth” about pet cancer."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-05-13/inside-one-network-cashing-in-on-vaccine-disinformation

Isolate them.  Require proof of vaccination for every single activity outside of someone's house.   

You want to remain unvaccinated?   Sure.  Stay home.
Well I think we’re saying the same thing. When I wrote “force them to comply” I don’t mean literally hold a gun to their head and make them take the shot. I meant the sort of thing you’re talking about. 

Isolate them.  Require proof of vaccination for every single activity outside of someone's house.   

You want to remain unvaccinated?   Sure.  Stay home.

So ####### dumb this idea. You people can't see past your own noses sometimes. Sure, let's start a ####### civil war over Covid policy. 

I think we already know the answer to this.

"Ty Bollinger began their business several years ago with books and DVDs such as “Cancer: Step Outside the Box” and “The Truth About Cancer,” which medical experts say included unproven information about alternatives to chemotherapy and cancer prevention. The company even sells a series that purports to show “the truth” about pet cancer."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-05-13/inside-one-network-cashing-in-on-vaccine-disinformation

Wait until stuff like this catches fire with 30% of the population like the covid nonsense has

Well I think we’re saying the same thing. When I wrote “force them to comply” I don’t mean literally hold a gun to their head and make them take the shot. I meant the sort of thing you’re talking about. 

You might as well hold a gun to their head if you're going to go that route. Eventually they would up rise and the guns would come out. But second order thinking doesn't seem to be common with you and your VAX MOB.

So ####### dumb this idea. You people can't see past your own noses sometimes. Sure, let's start a ####### civil war over Covid policy. 
Beats staying in a pandemic indefinitely to accommodate a bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Plenty of work from home opportunities at this point.   You're free to stay unvaccinated, but like all choices it comes with consequences.

Should also lose insurance benefits and pay their own health care when they do get Covid, if it was a voluntary decision to refuse to vaccinate and not a medical necessity.   

Wait until stuff like this catches fire with 30% of the population like the covid nonsense has

Yes, b/c voluntarily utilizing experimental biotechnology/pharmacology is the same as forcing people to do it. One of these things is not like the other.

Logic and reason seem in short supply in this thread today. Talk about DANGEROUS misinformation.  :crazy:

You might as well hold a gun to their head if you're going to go that route. Eventually they would up rise and the guns would come out. But second order thinking doesn't seem to be common with you and your VAX MOB.
I want to understand you correctly. You’re suggesting that those who refuse to get vaccinated feel so strongly about it that if they’re asked for proof of vaccination too many times they will rise up and start shooting people? 

Who are they going to attack?   "We won't get vaccinated but we will engage in violent behavior."   

Beats staying in a pandemic indefinitely to accommodate a bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Plenty of work from home opportunities at this point.   You're free to stay unvaccinated, but like all choices it comes with consequences.

Should also lose insurance benefits and pay their own health care when they do get Covid, if it was a voluntary decision to refuse to vaccinate and not a medical necessity.   

Civil war beats a pandemic that has alternative measures of mitigation over your NAZI Vax Mob ideas? WTF.

And yes, I said Nazi. Why? B/c the #### being peddled in here this morning is ####### NAZI. Wake up.

I want to understand you correctly. You’re suggesting that those who refuse to get vaccinated feel so strongly about it that if they’re asked for proof of vaccination too many times they will rise up and start shooting people? 

No, you and your ilk would start shooting them when the protests and riots eventually break out. WAKE UP.

YOU are the one giving people the ammo (pun intended) against your valiant effort to rid the world of guns with your hate speech. Sad that you can't see that.
My valiant effort to rid the world of guns? Since when? And what have I written that you define as hate speech? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread