What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Henry Ruggs III (2 Viewers)

Honestly, this whole thing has left me with a deep pit in my stomach for some reason. I'd written a lot more about my own past, but will spare everybody. This just leaves me with an unsteady feeling. As somebody who once rostered Ruggs in dynasty after making him a first-round pick, I'm familiar with the player, having had traded him several weeks ago. So this leaves me nauseated. I didn't know him, but was following his career with interest. Such a shame for the victim, such a senseless tragedy. This young man will have to live with this the rest of his life. 

I can't even fathom what it must be like to be at fault for seriously injuring someone. The amount of dissonance that your makeup has to go through to keep surviving, to somehow forgive yourself must be a great feat and a tall task. I feel sick for everyone involved. 

Ugh. That is all. 

Honestly, this whole thing has left me with a deep pit in my stomach for some reason. I'd written a lot more about my own past, but will spare everybody. This just leaves me with an unsteady feeling. As somebody who once rostered Ruggs in dynasty after making him a first-round pick, I'm familiar with the player, having had traded him several weeks ago. So this leaves me nauseated. I didn't know him, but was following his career with interest. Such a shame for the victim, such a senseless tragedy. This young man will have to live with this the rest of his life. 

I can't even fathom what it must be like to be at fault for seriously injuring someone. The amount of dissonance that your makeup has to go through to keep surviving, to somehow forgive yourself must be a great feat and a tall task. I feel sick for everyone involved. 

Ugh. That is all. 
Yes thank you. I agree. And my heart goes to the victims. 

Having said that I would like Las Vegas PI to search if he had more in his system. 

At the same time. It hurts my soul he couldn’t have helped her out of the car. A despicable man. You could have at least helped her out. So I have no compassion. I drink at home for a reason. And now I don’t snort. Because I’m trying to quit. But for a guy cokes and can’t pull her out. You won’t have good life in prison. 

You can’t even function to go that fast. He had Coke in him. However they won’t like that if Coke was wide spread use in nhl. 
What the hell are you even talking about?  First, what does the NHL have to do with this? Second, why the hell would “NFL be liable to sue”?

Ruggs was 1000% at fault and should absolutely be prosecuted with severe legal intent, but one of the saddest parts of this whole debacle is reading so many accounts of people who have no room for even a semblance of forgiveness, sympathy, empathy in their hearts toward him. This was literally a man-child who made one of the stupidest decisions imaginable. That said, he's not some malicious, evil, purposeful serial killer. His mistake was a hyper-extreme variation of an extremely common mistake many of us have made in our lives - we were just a lot more lucky to escape those choices without harm. 

I pray the court and society find some measure of mercy for Ruggs. And even more, I pray the victim's family finds peace and joy again someday reasonably soon. And a not so distant third, I pray this moment leads all of us to appreciate our loved ones more consistently and intensely than ever, and also to think thrice before ever getting behind a drunken or buzzed wheel again. If you are 100% fully past that tendency, awesome. Most aren't IMO, at least on the margins, regardless of age and supposed wisdom.

#gutted #introspective #appreciative #loving #empathetic #sympathetic #blessed

Its not that hard to get up to those speeds in a C8. It only takes about 12 seconds to get to 120. Top speed is 190. And his car was apparently modified. 
Yet it does when you have no reason to do it. I’m leaning hard. But if I’m coach I’d throw at least ten at him. 

Ruggs was 1000% at fault and should absolutely be prosecuted with severe legal intent, but one of the saddest parts of this whole debacle is reading so many accounts of people who have no room for even a semblance of forgiveness, sympathy, empathy in their hearts toward him. This was literally a man-child who made one of the stupidest decisions imaginable. That said, he's not some malicious, evil, purposeful serial killer. His mistake was a hyper-extreme variation of an extremely common mistake many of us have made in our lives - we were just a lot more lucky to escape those choices without harm. 

I pray the court and society find some measure of mercy for Ruggs. And even more, I pray the victim's family finds peace and joy again someday reasonably soon. And a not so distant third, I pray this moment leads all of us to appreciate our loved ones more consistently and intensely than ever, and also to think thrice before ever getting behind a drunken or buzzed wheel again. If you are 100% fully past that tendency, awesome. Most aren't IMO, at least on the margins, regardless of age and supposed wisdom.

#gutted #introspective #appreciative #loving #empathetic #sympathetic #blessed
I like your post. But a long time ago I decided drink at home. 

Plus I wasn’t given a number that I could call. 

Also, as I said before, you just don’t do 127 mph even hopped up. 

He had Coke in him, and someone gave it to him. 

So now the obvious question is why would anyone want coke him? 

My guess is he was pinch. But he can’t change a game. 

So now the obvious question is why would anyone want coke him? 

My guess is he was pinch. But he can’t change a game. 
I am utterly confused.  Are you suggesting someone slipped him coke so he would speed in his car, resulting in something bad, so he would get in trouble, so he would be thrown out of football?

I am utterly confused.  Are you suggesting someone slipped him coke so he would speed in his car, resulting in something bad, so he would get in trouble, so he would be thrown out of football?
There is a zero chance he had two beers over limit and went 127 mph. 

Hey, I’m not advocating what happened. But there is definitely weird things going on. My thoughts and prayers go to the victims. But if I’m a detective I’d surely go after the passenger and ask her what happened and read both blood samples. 

Users who are viewing this thread