What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Gus Edwards, LAC (1 Viewer)

I just received Gus Edwards, 2.12 and 3.04 both this year for Jordan Howard if that helps. Was last week, other guy wanted Howard as he had Cohen 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gus Edwards is down to six percent body fat after being at nine percent last season.

He still weighs the same in true Gus the Bus fashion, but Edwards is trimmer and looking to be more versatile after being a LeGarrette Blount-type early-down bruiser for the 2018 run-heavy Ravens. Edwards faces far more competition for snaps with the additions of Mark Ingram and rookie Justice Hill, so he's going to need to build on his strong rookie year again this summer.

SOURCE: baltimoreravens.com

Jun 5, 2019, 10:10 AM ET

Gus Edwards said the Ravens signing Mark Ingram and drafting Justice Hill hasn't changed his role with the team.

Gus the Bus said, "I know where I stand here. I know my coaches are trusting me. Nothing has really changed for me. I'm getting reps with the ones." Edwards earned touches with his play down the stretch last year, but he's likely buried in the depth chart with these additions. In preparation for a tough competition, Edwards has cut his body fat down to six percent this offseason, but he'll likely need an injury to become fantasy relevant.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Jun 6, 2019, 3:52 PM ET

Gus Edwards rushed eight times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 11 win over the Texans.

Edwards was not targeted in the passing game. Operating in closeout mode, Edwards decked the Texans' defeated defense for a 63-yard touchdown to make it 41-7. The elite handcuff will get an extra day of rest before next Monday's road trip to Los Angeles to take on the Rams.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:28 PM ET

Gus Edwards rushed 14 times for 55 yards in the Ravens' Week 12 win over the Rams.

Edwards grinded out the clock in the fourth quarter with the Ravens decking the Rams by nearly 40 points. The top handcuff in all of fantasy football, Edwards would be a league-winner if Mark Ingram ever went down with an injury.

Gus Edwards rushed 12 times for 66 yards in the Ravens' Week 16 win over the Browns, adding one reception for seven additional yards.

He also fumbled but managed to recover the ball. Edwards is essentially a poor man’s Mark Ingram. He’s never easy to take down between the tackles, but he just doesn’t possess the same type of explosiveness or receiving ability. The 24-year-old RB would likely see 10-15 rush attempts per game if Ingram (calf) were to miss any game action, although Justice Hill would also be plenty involved.

Gus Edwards rushed 10 times for 73 yards in Baltimore's Week 3 win over the Ravens.

Edwards was the closer for Baltimore as the team comfortably led by 10 points in the second half. Mark Ingram, who scored on a 29-yard touchdown sprint, and J.K. Dobbins, who recorded a highlight-reel 44-yard run, were both involved but still took a seat for the last handful of plays. Ingram and Dobbins remain the two runners worth rostering (and starting) for Baltimore's Week 3 showdown against the Chiefs.

Sep 20, 2020, 9:25 PM ET

Gus Edwards rushed 14 times for 26 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 6 win against the Eagles. 

With Mark Ingram sidelined with an ankle injury, Edwards functioned as the team's lead back. It didn't lead to a whole lot but Edwards could be an option for running back-needy fantasy managers next week against the Steelers. The team seems to favor the big back over J.K. Dobbins on short yardage and goal line situations. 

RELATED: 

Mark Ingram

, J.K. Dobbins

Oct 18, 2020, 5:31 PM ET

Gus Edwards rushed 16 times for 87 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 8 loss to the Steelers. 

He had one more carry than J.K. Dobbins, who piled up 121 total yards against the Steelers. Edwards missed most of the second quarter with a knee issue that proved not to be serious, coming back in the third quarter and resuming his role in the Ravens backfield. He got most of the short yardage and goal line work, including a short touchdown in the first half. If Baltimore continues to run an extremely run-heavy offense -- they had 47 rushes against the Steelers -- Edwards will continue to be a RB3 option next week against Indianapolis. 

- Rotoworld

Gus Edwards rushed seven times for 101 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 13 win over the Cowboys.

Edwards was very effective throughout the game as the Ravens mixed in all four of their active running backs. He had a 36-yard run off the tackle where he beat the Cowboys' struggling linebackers to the perimeter. Later on, Edwards plunged into the end zone fifth rushing score of 2020. Despite his best game of the season, Edwards shouldn't be trusted in Week 14. The Ravens easily could put more on the plate of explosive rookie J.K. Dobbins down the stretch. Edwards is just a bench hold in 12- or 14-team leagues.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:12 PM ET

This guy passes the eye test.....he's a RFA after the season...I can see a team offering him a contract that Balt does not want to match or Balt keeping him and teaming him with Dobbins while finally parting from Ingram....either way he's a nice RB for next year

Gus Edwards rushed seven times for 49 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 14 win over the Browns.

Edwards caught his lone target for four yards. J.K. Dobbins carried the ball 13 times for 53 yards and a score of his own, but Edwards has cemented himself as Dobbins' running mate well ahead of Mark Ingram, who didn't touch the ball in this one. Edwards' scores were from 11 and 19 yards out in the second and third quarters. Edwards now has six rushing touchdowns on the year but has seen single-digit carries in five straight games. He's tough to trust as anything more than an RB4 ahead of a Week 15 date with the Jaguars.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:02 AM ET

I’m holding in dynasty. Can he be the starter somewhere? Or is he more the hammer side of a time share?
Baltimore’s offensive scheme is tailor made for his skill set and the Ravens brass would be wise to keep the Dobbins/Bus duo in place. I think he’s a strong hold in dynasty and it will be interesting to see if another team offers him a deal. 

As for this coming week, I’m stuck with Mostert’s ankle issues again and will roll the Bus our against the putrid Jag D. He’s good for at least another plunge. 

I’m holding in dynasty. Can he be the starter somewhere? Or is he more the hammer side of a time share?
Every time I watch this guy he impresses me...like you say he is kind of an old school hammer...he is worth having on a fantasy roster as a depth-piece but his style and situation will be really difficult to count on consistently, especially in an offense like the Ravens with the best running QB in the NFL...his lack of use in the passing game (13 total receptions in his career) really limits him in fantasy because TDs become that much more important and while he has 6 this year he only had a total of 4 combined the previous 2 years...overall I think he is one of those guys who is a much better "real" player than "fantasy" player...his best bet for legit fantasy relevance would be to go to another team and carve out a role like Blount had when he was real productive with the Pats...the problem with that (and I am guessing) is the Ravens probably love him and with Ingram most likely on his way out and Edwards probably being very affordable he stays in Baltimore for the foreseeable future with Lamar and an emerging Dobbins thus limiting his value.

Cobbler1 said:
I think Baltimore will let Ingram walk and keep Edwards as he and Dobbins are a great one two punch. It's not completely ideal for fantasy but Baltimore runs enough that Edwards is at worst a bye week filler and not a terrible flex option, albeit TD dependent.

I think Baltimore will let Ingram walk and keep Edwards as he and Dobbins are a great one two punch. It's not completely ideal for fantasy but Baltimore runs enough that Edwards is at worst a bye week filler and not a terrible flex option, albeit TD dependent.
Yeah I think that’s almost certainly what happens next year. The year after that is the question of whether the Ravens will pay Gus. I think it’s likely another team will offer him more given that the Ravens will need to pay Andrews, possibly O Brown, hopefully wr additions, Lamar will be coming up too, possibly Ngakwue or Judon as well and they spent a high pick on Dobbins. Only chance I see is extending him early like they did with Ricard and Boyle. He gets paid less than he would on the open market but gets the security of some real money. If he hits the free agent market a Latavius Saints role or Blount role would be pretty decent for him.

How many have the stones to start Gus this weekend, and if you do, who are you sitting. It’s a smash spot for the Raven O and they should be up big in the second half. In a standard league, I’m between Gus and Lockett. I think Gus gets one TD and 50-60

I have him in right now over Lamb, Gage, and Hines. I’m not excited about any of those options though I may switch to Gage if Julio is out. The appeal for Edwards, as mentioned above, is the potential for a positive game script. But I’m not starting with confidence. 

I have him in right now over Lamb, Gage, and Hines. I’m not excited about any of those options though I may switch to Gage if Julio is out. The appeal for Edwards, as mentioned above, is the potential for a positive game script. But I’m not starting with confidence. 
I’d go with him over those other options too! 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Man, that’s a tough call, but Hilton has always killed Houston and Gallman doesn’t have a great matchup. I’d actually put Gus third on that list 
Appreciate the input. Agree that TY is the most "in-form" player there and Gallman is slowing a bit, just thinking with game script and goalline opps, Gus is a decent option.

How many have the stones to start Gus this weekend, and if you do, who are you sitting. It’s a smash spot for the Raven O and they should be up big in the second half. In a standard league, I’m between Gus and Lockett. I think Gus gets one TD and 50-60
Im considering it over Wilson, Landry, Curtis Samuel at flex (after losing RoJo and D Harris)

Right now have singletary in over Gus, also starting dobbins, but going back and forth all day.  Starting both BAL RBs feels wrong as a 10 PT favorite.

I need 1 WR and 1 flex from this group:
Coutee @IND    (league awards pts for return yardage)
E SandersvKC
DJ Moore @GB
Gus vJax
Right now, i'm siting on Coutee and Sanders................I would love to start Gus v a bad Jax Def and think he MAY feast in a 2nd half effort, but competes w Dobbins and Lamar.  And i just don't think i can trust DJMoore (esp coming back from injury + Covid and the chance that he gets Jaire Alexander in coverage).

Ha. Saw I could pick up both Ahmed and D Washington, which I did - dropping singletary in the process.  Hopefully won’t influence the outcome.

Gus Edwards rushed 15 times for 85 yards in the Ravens' Week 16 win over the Giants, adding two catches for 37 yards. 

Edwards narrowly missed out on a fourth quarter touchdown. J.K. Dobbins left the game with a chest injury, allowing Edwards to function as the team's lead back for the entire second half. He broke off a few big plays, including a reception he took for 27 yards, busting through would-be tacklers along the way. Edwards' day ended on a botched goal line hand off that was fumbled away to the Giants -- a mistake that didn't matter in the end. Dobbins' chest injury lingering into Week 17 would probably lead to Mark Ingram being activated for Baltimore's matchup with the Bengals, but Edwards should remain the top back for the Ravens if Dobbins is sidelined.

- Rotoworld

ESPN'S Adam Schefter reports Ravens RB Gus Edwards (back, questionable) is expected to play in 17 against the Bengals.

With Mark Ingram being a healthy scratch in recent weeks, Edwards has taken on a much larger role than he had last year even with J.K. Dobbins also in the mix. Edwards has rushed for at least 40 yards in four consecutive games and has a pair of scores over that span. In a shocking turn of events, Edwards also has five receptions in his previous three games. He had seven catches in 16 games last year. Edwards is operating in a split backfield with Dobbins and neither has created any separation in terms of volume. Both backs are low-end RB2 options who need to find the end zone to pay off.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 3, 2021, 7:57 AM ET

Gus Edwards rushed eight times for 38 yards in the Ravens' Wild Card win over the Titans.

Edwards was not targeted and saw fewer carries than Lamar Jackson and J.K. Dobbins. The Ravens were confident enough in Edwards to make Mark Ingram inactive but he is still on the wrong side of a backfield committee. Edwards is an efficient runner but doesn't get targets or red zone work. He'll be a touchdown-or-bust flyer for DFS purposes next week and nothing more.

- Rotoworld

Gus Edwards rushed 10 times for 42 yards in the Ravens' Division Round loss to the Bills.

Edwards was the Ravens' No. 2 back for the entire 2020 season. He earned the "power back" role over Mark Ingram in the second half of the season and could be brought back for a similar roster spot in 2021 as a restricted free agent. Despite the power back label, Edwards has impressive elusiveness for a 238-pounder. He averaged 5.0 yards on his 144 carries. Edwards will max out as a fantasy RB4 if the Baltimore backfield is Edwards and J.K. Dobbins in 2021 because he's not a receiving threat (9 receptions). Dobbins, who averaged 6.0 yards per carry as a rookie, is obviously the future of Baltimore's running back group.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread