What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Do People Say They "Hate" Obama? (1 Viewer)

I found another from Grandpa Rox when I extended my search to the FFA.  Pretty sure he got banned a long time ago, but was once a regular poster.  Three qualifies as several in my book.
Grandpa Rox quote can be found in the FFA thread entitled "Obama Worst President Ever?" that flapgreen labeled in one post "the Obama hate thread."

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/720943-obama-worst-president-ever/?tab=comments#comment-17480081

Last post was in December 2016 so not really relevant to the claim of several current posters, however there is strong anti-Obama sentiment expressed throughout the thread which borders on hatred IIRC without always specifically saying "I hate Obama."

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to respond-

1. I have this poster on ignore because he’s said things about President Trump that border on secret service in front of house crazy.

2. I hated Obama 4 years before he was even President for being a complete scoundrel and having Jack Ryan’s divorce record unsealed in his Senate race in 2004.

3. It has always disgusted me and always will.

4. I was proud to vote against Obama 3 TIMES because of this.

5. Why is there an entire thread based on this again?
I admit I have no idea what happened in regards to Jack Ryan's divorce records, but Wikipedia indicates it was his GOP primary opponents and the Chicago Tribune that led the charge to get his divorce records.
All depends on the Jack Ryan I guess.  I loved Alec Baldwin’s, but if it was the Jim from The Office one then I’m glad Obama did it.  

Put aside the hate word for a moment: how many of you Trump supporters questioned Obama’s birth certificate? 

Come on, be honest. 

Misfit said:
Not going to run a bunch of different searches, but found this.  Most of what I found from Republican posters was "I don't hate Obama, but".  It's safe to say there are people who hate Obama, but I would imagine they are a minority.
I hate Obama worse than convenience store owners hate 'browsers', but it's only because I studied him and his every action for 8 straight years. He's a despicable human being.

He reminds me a lot of Isaiah Thomas.

Well yes.  I’ve hated Trump since he was the rich guy caricature sitting on gold toilets, cheating on every wife, and playing tough guy in the wwf.

So my hate for him runs far deeper than his politics.  He was basically everything we tried to teach our kids not to be.
Then what’s the purpose of this thread?

Grandpa Rox quote can be found in the FFA thread entitled "Obama Worst President Ever?" that flapgreen labeled in one post "the Obama hate thread."

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/720943-obama-worst-president-ever/?tab=comments#comment-17480081

Last post was in December 2016 so not really relevant to the claim of several current posters, however there is strong anti-Obama sentiment expressed throughout the thread which borders on hatred IIRC without always specifically saying "I hate Obama."
Does that mean, three years from now, many of the Trump haters will no longer be posting here?

🤞

I'm not wasting time searching but I've seen posts that JD is referring to. Maybe "hate" isn't used in every post but words like "disgust", "horrible ", etc have been used.

To be fair, many of you pro-Trump guys change user names every couple months so it's hard to keep track.
really, the generalization here is top quality

and for the record this is the only handle I've ever had here and at FFToday

I'm not wasting time searching but I've seen posts that JD is referring to. Maybe "hate" isn't used in every post but words like "disgust", "horrible ", etc have been used.
I think words matter. He asked about "hate". That's strong. With strong accusations, I find it best to keep to the actual accusation. 

No. It was a legit question. The fact we came up with one post and reportedly something from 2016 is a pretty good answer. 
Several current Trump supporters?..so you equate several to one post and reportedly something from 2016 is a good answer??

Cmon Joe....he claimed several frequent Trump supporters have posted about hating Obama. Wow

Several current Trump supporters?..so you equate several to one post and reportedly something from 2016 is a good answer??

Cmon Joe....he claimed several frequent Trump supporters have posted about hating Obama. Wow
I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. He asked. He was asked to back up the accusation. And we saw what happened. Move on. 

John Blutarsky said:
There have been posters here that have said they cut ties with family and friends that voted for Trump. 
Family?  Never. 

Friends?  Probably.  

Trump is a conman,  a compulsive liar, a racist (or race baiter), a raging narcissist and a sexual assaulter (and possible rapist).  

Anyone willing to overlook that #### because they benefit economically is likely not someone I want to spend my free time with. 

Just being honest.  

Put aside the hate word for a moment: how many of you Trump supporters questioned Obama’s birth certificate? 

Come on, be honest. 
I never gave it much thought, honestly. I thought it seemed rooted in too much conspiracy. 

Now, how many Trump haters here thought he conspired with Russia? Honestly. 

Family?  Never. 

Friends?  Probably.  

Trump is a conman,  a compulsive liar, a racist (or race baiter), a raging narcissist and a sexual assaulter (and possible rapist).  

Anyone willing to overlook that #### because they benefit economically is likely not someone I want to spend my free time with. 

Just being honest.  
For those that live in a red state, it could get lonely pretty quickly. 

Then what’s the purpose of this thread?
I can’t remember another president being hated prior to Obama.  And since we’ve been saddled with the reality show president it’s hard to believe anyone could feel that visceral about Obama.  But clearly many do.  Again, we’ve only unearthed 2 on this bored, but it’s a common sentiment on more pro Trump boreds.

I was only asking the question how one could hate Obama.

Users who are viewing this thread