What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite Beatles songs: 204-1. (3 Viewers)

Getzlaf15 said:
Composite Ranking #36 - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Highest Ranked by: #6 by @DocHolliday  #6 by @ScottNorwood  #8 by @neal cassady  #10 by @Yankee23Fan  #10 by @The Future Champs
#Of Lists: 7
Total Points: 106
Top10: 5
#1: 0
#2: 0
Krista Rank -61

So this song was on like 5 of the first 7 lists I received and as you can see above, highly ranked by them.  I was quite shocked that for awhile in the beginning, that this might be a Top 10 Composite Rank.....  And then it appeared only only 2 of the last 28 lists received.

Binky in the Sky with Diamonds

I"m surprised this is so high.  It's a great song, but it beat out quite a few I wouldn't have expected.

Getzlaf15 said:
Composite Ranking #34 - Taxman
Highest Ranked by: #2 by @Gr00vus  #2 by @DocHolliday  #5 by @wikkidpissah  #8 by @grateful zed
#Of Lists: 7
Total Points: 114
Top10: 4
#2: 2
Krista Rank -32

The opposite of Lucy, this didn't appear until around 20 lists were sent in, and like a song mentioned last night, was listed three times in-a-row and steadily climbed up the rankings.

Harrison and Clapton live...
Just heard this on the way home from half a day of trying to get to the mountains and ultimately giving up, and as I listened I wished I'd had it a little higher.

Getzlaf15 said:
Composite Ranking #31 - Nowhere Man
Highest Ranked by: #2 by @Mister CIA  #10 by @Alex P Keaton  #11 by @Bonzai  #12 by @BobbyLayne  #13 by @krista4  #14 by @wikkidpissah  #14 by @Big Blue Wrecking Crew
#Of Lists: 10
Total Points: 124
Top10: 2
#2: 1
Krista Rank -13

Mr. Numbers here is fascinated by 6 of the 10 that listed this song ranked it between 10-14.

Raw live version from Germany with worst mics ever
I find that interesting, too. :shrug:   Liked the video, even though the sound quality was crap. 

Because most of us had 52 songs in our Top 25
minimum.
I alluded to @krista4's #1 about halfway through. "Heard a song today with a sped up solo that made it sound like different instrument; I massively underrated this one, should be Top 10"

52. In My Life

51. We Can Work It Out
50. Paperback Writer
49. Taxman
48. Get Back
47. Getting Better
46. Got To Get You Into My Life
45. Across The Universe
44. All My Loving
43. With A Little Help From My Friends
42. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
41. Eight Days A Week
40. And I Love Her
39. Magical Mystery Tour
38. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
37. Michelle
36. I Feel Fine
35. Lady Madonna
34. Revolution
33. Can't Buy Me Love
32. I Want To Hold Your Hand
31. Back In The USSR
30. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
29. The Long And Winding Road
28. Come Together
27. Twist And Shout
26. A Hard Day's Night
25. Yesterday
24. I Am The Walrus
23. Drive My Car
22. Help!
21. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
20. Blackbird
19. Day Tripper
18. Abbey Road medley
17. I Saw Her Standing There
16. Norwegian Wood
15. Money (That's What I Want)
14. Hey Jude
13. Ticket To Ride
12. Nowhere Man
11. Here Comes The Sun
10. Let It Be
9. Something
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
7. Eleanor Rigby
6. She Loves You
5. Don't Let Me Down
4. All You Need Is Love
3. Penny Lane
2. Strawberry Fields Forever
1. A Day In The Life

DaVinci said:
Getzlaf15 said:
Composite Ranking #27 - I've Just Seen a Face
Highest Ranked by: # #1 @Mister CIA  #3 by @DaVinci  #4 by @krista4  #5 by @Ilov80s
Of Lists: 9
Total Points: 141
Top10: 6
#1: 1 
#2: 0
Krista Rank -4

Rest of songs all listed 10+ times.

HTF is this not in my top 25?

Paul live....
HTF is this not in everybody's top 25?
I'm surprised it did as well as it did.  I rarely hear people talk about this one, and the nearly bluegrass style is not everyone's cup of tea (including mine, in many other cases).  Happy to see it ranked so highly!  And that list of who had it in their top five is a who's who of great posters. ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I alluded to @krista4's #1 about halfway through. "Heard a song today with a sped up solo that made it sound like different instrument; I massively underrated this one, should be Top 10"

52. In My Life

51. We Can Work It Out
50. Paperback Writer
49. Taxman
48. Get Back
47. Getting Better
46. Got To Get You Into My Life
45. Across The Universe
44. All My Loving
43. With A Little Help From My Friends
42. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
41. Eight Days A Week
40. And I Love Her
39. Magical Mystery Tour
38. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
37. Michelle
36. I Feel Fine
35. Lady Madonna
34. Revolution
33. Can't Buy Me Love
32. I Want To Hold Your Hand
31. Back In The USSR
30. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
29. The Long And Winding Road
28. Come Together
27. Twist And Shout
26. A Hard Day's Night
25. Yesterday
24. I Am The Walrus
23. Drive My Car
22. Help!
21. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
20. Blackbird
19. Day Tripper
18. Abbey Road medley
17. I Saw Her Standing There
16. Norwegian Wood
15. Money (That's What I Want)
14. Hey Jude
13. Ticket To Ride
12. Nowhere Man
11. Here Comes The Sun
10. Let It Be
9. Something
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
7. Eleanor Rigby
6. She Loves You
5. Don't Let Me Down
4. All You Need Is Love
3. Penny Lane
2. Strawberry Fields Forever
1. A Day In The Life
hold the #### up here bobby ...you have this life perspective, life-affirming, likely #1 wake song as your #52?

are you a commie?

I'm surprised it did as well as it did.  I rarely hear people talk about this one, and the nearly bluegrass style is not everyone's cup of tea (including mine, in many other cases).  Happy to see it ranked so highly!  And that list of who had it in their top five is a who's who of great posters. ;)  
everly brothers

.. and the nearly bluegrass style is not everyone's cup of tea (including mine, in many other cases). ...
Oddly enough - especially when you consider my handle here - I am not much of a bluegrass fan either.

The "Grammy's" for bluegrass were once held in Louisville (which you may already know). I am not sure if they are any more, but...

One year I volunteered to be a driver (Baby you can drive my car...) for the talent. So, I picked up this guy from the hotel and we had about a 10 to 20 minute drive - pending on traffic. 

He got to talkin, way more than the other talent. We never talked about music...just life...really cool guy.

When we got to the Palace, I finally asked what instrument he played? He laughed....guitar.

I related this to my buddy that  got me gig.

Him: WTF? You asked him what instrument he played?!

Me: :shrug:

Him: He's the F'n Jimi Hendrix of Bluegrass - moron!

:shrug:

Ooops.

178.  The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill (White Album, 1968)

Suggested covers:  For some serious inventiveness, check out the version by Deerhoof.
So I keep coming back to this thread as I've been listening to the Beatles and going to see Krista's write ups (don't actually read them though). This was a fun cover. Deerhoof is not everyone's cup of tea (maybe not mine either), but I will say that I saw them in concert and it was probably one of my top 5 concert experiences. They rawked.

Hey @Man of Constant Sorrow, I didn't know the bluegrass Emmys had taken place in Louisville.  Coincidentally, I just heard about this event that I had no idea existed, right across the river:  Abbey Road on the River - The World"s Largest Beatles Inspired Music Festival.  Now, I'm not saying I would have gone, but just shocked I'd never heard of this before!

I came across the festival, because a friend (high-school classmate) of mine is going to be playing, and they tagged her on Facebook with this video of her performing Here Comes The Sun on her harp.  She's an incredible harpist.  She is more notable, however, for being the "pretty white girl" in this Dave Chappelle bit.   :lmao:  

ETA:  I don't have to mention that the Chappelle stuff is NSFW, right?

I feel like it’s that song that wasn’t a hit at the time but everyone who listened to the Help album fell in love with it

Hey @Man of Constant Sorrow, I didn't know the bluegrass Emmys had taken place in Louisville.
I did the driven in 2000. I have no clue if it has been back here since.

Coincidentally, I just heard about this event that I had no idea existed, right across the river:  Abbey Road on the River - The World"s Largest Beatles Inspired Music Festival.  Now, I'm not saying I would have gone, but just shocked I'd never heard of this before!
Yeah, it's been here for a while now (link says 18 years - wow), but - I'm embarrassed to say - I've not been yet. However, if you and Mr. K ever decide to go, let me know.

Also, after this thread, I just may have to volunteer to be an on-the-scene reporter, and report back here...🤔

I came across the festival, because a friend (high-school classmate) of mine is going to be playing, and they tagged her on Facebook with this video of her performing Here Comes The Sun on her harp.  She's an incredible harpist.
...sun, sun, sun...here it comes....

Wow, she nails it! Love the harp too.

She's an incredible harpist.  She is more notable, however, for being the "pretty white girl" in this Dave Chappelle bit.   :lmao:  
LOL! I remember this bit very well.  Always been a fan.

Is she single at  the moment?

I did the driven in 2000. I have no clue if it has been back here since.

Yeah, it's been here for a while now (link says 18 years - wow), but - I'm embarrassed to say - I've not been yet. However, if you and Mr. K ever decide to go, let me know.

Also, after this thread, I just may have to volunteer to be an on-the-scene reporter, and report back here...🤔

...sun, sun, sun...here it comes....

Wow, she nails it! Love the harp too.

LOL! I remember this bit very well.  Always been a fan.

Is she single at  the moment?
:lmao:   As far as I know, she is.  She very recently moved back to Louisville from NYC, so she's right there!  She was just back in NY a couple of weeks ago to play at the baby shower for that actress who married the British prince.  Tell her Krista From The Internet sent you (please for the love of god do not do that).

Warning, though, in addition to the other stuff, she might just be the smartest person I've ever known.  Absolutely freaking brilliant. 

:lmao:   As far as I know, she is.  She very recently moved back to Louisville from NYC, so she's right there!  She was just back in NY a couple of weeks ago to play at the baby shower for that actress who married the British prince. ... <cut>... Tell her Krista From The Internet sent you (please for the love of god do not do that).

Warning, though, in addition to the other stuff, she might just be the smartest person I've ever known.  Absolutely freaking brilliant. 
:jawdrop:

Really... 

:jawdrop:

✌️😎👍

Can I embarrassedly admit that I haven't tuned into enough Nipsey karaoke? I feel like I'm going to have this awkward talk with St. Peter of the Beatles Thread in a few years. Good work, Nipsey. Way to bring it!
I was going to collect all of his karaoke, plus fatguy and Shaftdaughter’s videos into one post somewhere.  I’d put them in the first post but it’s cluttered already.  Maybe I’ll wait until my “In this thread I rank my favorite FBG covers from the Beatles thread” thread. ;)

Anyway, you should listen to more.  There’s even one with double-tracked vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread