What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (7 Viewers)

Saw a meme on FB "The Democrats have a Booker, a hooker and an indian. Sounds like the start of a joke. "

Something like that. Stay classy republicans.  :thumbup:

If she is like the typical New Yorker then she probably does not even have a driver’s license.
Looked it up.  Her office uses a car.  

Also, $2k a month is $24k per year or approximately 1/7 of her salary. 

Why is anyone saying that’s not a reasonable place for her to live?

Is there more info on how AOC proposals to clear the $1.4 Trillion student loan debt?
I am for this. And I suspect her solution as to how to do this it pretty much the same as mine: 

As of yesterday the national debt is 22 trillion. We pass a law clearing all student loans, and now the national debt is 23.4 trillion. 

There you go. Outside of infrastructure, there might be no single better investment for our economy. 

I am for this. And I suspect her solution as to how to do this it pretty much the same as mine: 

As of yesterday the national debt is 22 trillion. We pass a law clearing all student loans, and now the national debt is 23.4 trillion. 

There you go. Outside of infrastructure, there might be no single better investment for our economy. 
Amazingly, I am in agreement with you on this one, Tim. 

I'm here for this as long as we fix the structural problems that require students to take on debt too. 

I will vote for any candidate who I believe is honest, intelligent, hard working, open minded, and wants to help people. 
I'm a fan of this mindset. I've seen you support Democrats so I know you're willing to vote for them. Have you voted for a Republican recently? An Independent? Other party? I'm not asking combatively, I'm asking curiously.

I'm a fan of this mindset. I've seen you support Democrats so I know you're willing to vote for them. Have you voted for a Republican recently? An Independent? Other party? I'm not asking combatively, I'm asking curiously.
I believe the last Republican I voted for against a legitimate Democrat contender (some I’ve voted for against Republicans because of how Louisiana elections work) was Joseph Cao. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the last Republican I voted for against a legitimate Democrat contender (some I’ve voted for against Republicans because of how Louisiana elections work) was Joseph Cao. 
First Vietnamese American in Congress I see. I also see that he won an overwhelming Democratic district. Was the Dem candidate just that awful?

Voted for the DISCLOSE Act, I'm pretty sure I would've voted for him too.
I don’t agree with everything he believes.  But I believe if he saw a man drowning he would be able and willing to figure out how to save him even if it cost him something.  Literally and figuratively.   

That’s what I ask of my representatives. 

Do the students who paid off their debts or paid a % off get their money back as well? This could open a new can of worms. 

You know there is a simple way to fix the wealthy inequality problem not only for the US but for the world.  Get rid of all the money.
Yes, you have appropriately deciphered the true goal of people who want to get rid of student debt. A return to the barter system.

How many chickens per barrel of light sweet crude?

How does this work exactly?

We are thinking big and nothing is off the table.
I would like to have the President chosen by a knife throwing competition. But the knife in question will be the Glaive from Krull and it will lit on fire and thrown at a scale reproduction of the Hindenburg. 

I would like to have the President chosen by a knife throwing competition. But the knife in question will be the Glaive from Krull and it will lit on fire and thrown at a scale reproduction of the Hindenburg. 
I have no idea what you two are talking about but Krull was the #### and I love that you referenced his little ninja star thing  :lol:

I don’t believe Cory Booker would make all the right decisions as President. I don’t believe anyone would make all the right decisions as President. But I think he’s a pretty smart guy, he has an open mind, he works hard, and he wants to help people. 

I haven’t decided yet if I think he’s honest.  And that’s a big one for me. 

How does this work exactly?
To this general question and a few of the more specific ones my answer is: I don’t know. It would all have to be worked out. 

One idea I had is rather than to simply wipe away the debt, we redirect it into home buying. In other words, you can transfer your student loan payments into the purchase of a house. I don’t know if that would work, but it’s the sort of thing I’m thinking of. 

To this general question and a few of the more specific ones my answer is: I don’t know. It would all have to be worked out. 

One idea I had is rather than to simply wipe away the debt, we redirect it into home buying. In other words, you can transfer your student loan payments into the purchase of a house. I don’t know if that would work, but it’s the sort of thing I’m thinking of. 
I'm all for making college more affordable, keeping the costs down, getting creative on how to get people out of debt etc but you can't just wipe it out their debt. 

I could be completely wrong but I assume things like this from AOC are more important in that they drive narratives and push thinking left rather than be actual plans that are supposed to happen as written in the next 2 years.

I’ve been tossing around the idea of a dollar for dollar tax credit for the full amount of student loan payments. 

Is there more info on how AOC proposals to clear the $1.4 Trillion student loan debt?
henry just took you behind the woodshed about your ridiculous car payment reach and you just jump to your next desperate attempt.

Show me on this doll where she hurt you.  :lol:

I don’t believe Cory Booker would make all the right decisions as President. I don’t believe anyone would make all the right decisions as President. But I think he’s a pretty smart guy, he has an open mind, he works hard, and he wants to help people. 

I haven’t decided yet if I think he’s honest.  And that’s a big one for me. 
I like Booker too.  Need to know more about Beto.  In this early stage, Harris, Beto, and Booker have my interest.  That will likely change multiple times.

Latest Gallup poll has Trump’s numbers up to 44%, a sharp rise in 14 days. His disapproval rating from 58% 2 weeks ago is at 52%. 

Now 2 weeks ago was the shutdown, so you could argue that Trump’s low numbers were unsustainable. Still, it shouldn’t be this much of a bump so quickly. I think the reason has to be AOC’s New Green Deal rollout combined with Omar. As the Democrats move too far to the left, Trump does better with the center. There is a lesson here....

Latest Gallup poll has Trump’s numbers up to 44%, a sharp rise in 14 days. His disapproval rating from 58% 2 weeks ago is at 52%. 

Now 2 weeks ago was the shutdown, so you could argue that Trump’s low numbers were unsustainable. Still, it shouldn’t be this much of a bump so quickly. I think the reason has to be AOC’s New Green Deal rollout combined with Omar. As the Democrats move too far to the left, Trump does better with the center. There is a lesson here....
OK Riversco.

Yes, the lesson is that tim’s confirmation bias is the strongest force in the known universe. 

Or the bump from SOTU?

Do you think many polled are that plugged in to what Omar said?  or the Green New Deal beyond hearing people talk about AOC?  And that somehow made them more favorable to Trump because of a non-plan by a Freshman Representative?

Yes, the lesson is that tim’s confirmation bias is the strongest force in the known universe. 
Lol apparently not as strong as the confirmation bias of those that disagree with me on this. 

Actually you’re quite wrong Henry. I go back and forth, even in my own mind, about whether it would be better or worse for the Democrats to go further progressive, not because I agree with it but because that’s where the energy is among Democratic voters these days. That’s where the passion is. I get that and it’s not negiglible. It’s important. But at the same time I don’t want to lose the center to Trump. It’s a dilemma. 

Or the bump from SOTU?

Do you think many polled are that plugged in to what Omar said?  or the Green New Deal beyond hearing people talk about AOC?  And that somehow made them more favorable to Trump because of a non-plan by a Freshman Representative?
1. Yes. I think they’re aware of what Omar said. 

2. No. Most of the opinion about AOC is based on what talking heads say about AOC. 

3. Yes. I think all of it is scaring the center. 

Users who are viewing this thread