What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The United States we deserve and need... (1 Viewer)

Not even close but the system has created opportunities for people to not work with no consequences.
Well, first, I would argue that there are consequences, you just don't find them harsh enough. If you could trade places with your brother, would you? 

Second, even if that were the case, so what?  There will always be people without jobs in this country, that's how our economy works.  If not him, it would be somebody who would actually help society in a job.  It sounds like he wouldn't.  This seems like a win for everyone.

Here's the thing - there are, what, 130 million jobs in the country?  Our population is about 325 million.  About 100 million of those are under 18.  Another 50 million are over 65.

If we have 130 million jobs and 175 million adults, the only question I have in my head when I hear about someone "gaming the system" would be "is that person one of the 45 million adults I would prefer not make my french fries."  If the answer is "yes" I really don't care if that person works.  Let someone else have the job.

Somewhere in the Republican pic you should be able to find Steve King, friend of Nazis.
And of you look at the Republican picture, you will also see 4 or 5 congressmen who continued to endorse Roy Moore, the child molester. Mo Brooks included in that group. I heard some people here are fans of Mo Brooks.

I am guessing that most of those you "fixed" my post to effect rural America either.   Maybe my picture of rural and yours differ though.  I live in a rural area, and it's 99% white anyway, so why would they care about racial quotas, PC, or preferential hiring if it's basically all white anyway?   Like somebody said, the GOP has gone way to the side of scare tactics and have convinced a lot of people that people that don't look like them are coming for their jobs and women.    Most of the right leaning people I know around these parts (rural WI) seem to vote red for reasons that don't effect their daily lives (abortion, border security) or reasons they openly admit they don't think could or would happen (guns).    It's frustrating talking to them, agreeing on lots of other big picture things, but knowing that these are the things they are still clinging to when deciding their votes.  
Scare tactics?   The Democrats have made their life in peddling scare tactics constantly throwing around terms like racist and Nazi.  Maybe it is just unfortunate now that policians on both sides have discovered fear is the best way to swing votes.  

Usually when I encounter them there, I’m looking to hire some. Otherwise I really don’t pay attention. 
We get it, you're for open borders and hire illegals to do menial tasks for you 

So you don't agree that businesses that hire illegals should be punished?

Scare tactics?   The Democrats have made their life in peddling scare tactics constantly throwing around terms like racist and Nazi.  Maybe it is just unfortunate now that policians on both sides have discovered fear is the best way to swing votes.  
How is calling someone a racist a scare tactic?

Ok?

But how about you take a Trump break for 5 minutes of your life and allow me to ask a question about someone else? 

Can you handle that or no?
Considering recent news about the hiring practices of Trump Org...I think it is quite relevant to the discussion that the President set an example while he lies through his teeth about the topic.

Can you handle discussing the topic, or no?

Considering recent news about the hiring practices of Trump Org...I think it is quite relevant to the discussion that the President set an example while he lies through his teeth about the topic.

Can you handle discussing the topic, or no?
:lol:

WTH are you talking about? I asked tim a question , that is the discussion I'm trying to have with him.

Why do you keep trying to butt in? Are you that desperate to argue with me?

I get that you can't go 5 minutes without talking about Trump, but some of us can. Maybe go complain about him in one the other Trump threads , there are a few around here 🙄

:lol:

WTH are you talking about? I asked tim a question , that is the discussion I'm trying to have with him.

Why do you keep trying to butt in? Are you that desperate to argue with me?

I get that you can't go 5 minutes without talking about Trump, but some of us can. Maybe go complain about him in one the other Trump threads , there are a few around here 🙄
I brought up the relevant topic of Trump org hiring illegals.  You seem to be the one who wants to be argumentative rather than discuss something.   

Glad you were able to get that for him.  Have you contacted a lawyer about SSDI? It may help and they often only get paid out of back pay. 
We have met with 2 lawyers over the years and both indicate he needs an official diagnosis which we can't get as my brother doesn't cooperate.  He has no medical disability just socially inept, on the autistic spectrum and likes drugs too much.  Plus I was told our state (CT) has the highest SSDI declination rate in the country.    

I brought up the relevant topic of Trump org hiring illegals.  You seem to be the one who wants to be argumentative rather than discuss something.   
One more time.

I asked Tim a question. Didn't have anything to do with potus, or you for that matter

If you want to talk about Trump go elsewhere. There a few opportunities to discuss Trump in this subforum. If you look REAL hard , I bet you can find one

One more time.

I asked Tim a question. Didn't have anything to do with potus, or you for that matter

If you want to talk about Trump go elsewhere. There a few opportunities to discuss Trump in this subforum. If you look REAL hard , I bet you can find one
When the topic is "The United States we deserve and need..." the president seems like a likely point of discussion.

One more time.

Its an open message board...we are all allowed to respond to whatever posts we see fit.  Ill remember your stance here when you chime in to things that aren't addressed to you and criticize a poster (note, I didn't even criticize you, I asked you a relevant question).

You asked Tim a question about hiring illegals...I related that to a specific incident.  Its telling that instead of even being able to address a company hiring illegals, that instead you took the opportunity to complain about me.  I am talking specifically about what you asked tim about hiring illegals.  You have gone off now in multiple posts complaining about someone discussing what was being talked about...and you are doing it by going after the poster.  Thats pretty unexcellent of you.

Its an open message board...we are all allowed to respond to whatever posts we see fit.  Ill remember your stance here when you chime in to things that aren't addressed to you and criticize a poster (note, I didn't even criticize you, I asked you a relevant question).

You asked Tim a question about hiring illegals...I related that to a specific incident.  Its telling that instead of even being able to address a company hiring illegals, that instead you took the opportunity to complain about me.  I am talking specifically about what you asked tim about hiring illegals.  You have gone off now in multiple posts complaining about someone discussing what was being talked about...and you are doing it by going after the poster.  Thats pretty unexcellent of you.
I can't imagine anyone on this forum condoning Trump hiring illegals. So why would you feel the need to ask me that question? Because you HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TRUMP IN EVERY THREAD YOU POST IN.

Do you ever wonder why the PSF is down to about 10-12 regular posters? You shouldn't.

I'll forget about Tim and head out again 

Enjoy your sewer

I can't imagine anyone on this forum condoning Trump hiring illegals. So why would you feel the need to ask me that question? Because you HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TRUMP IN EVERY THREAD YOU POST IN.

Do you ever wonder why the PSF is down to about 10-12 regular posters? You shouldn't.

I'll forget about Tim and head out again 

Enjoy your sewer
You brought up the practice of hiring illegals and should we go after them.  I asked a simple question about current news of the Trump org hiring illegals.

Its probably down posters because some like you get bent out of shape over a relevant question and instead of answering it go nuts for multiple posts complaining about the posters.

My question was relevant and legitimate and you couldn't handle it.  Thats on you...not everyone else.

Jon, can I ask you a question?  Weren't there, you know, actual Nazis and racists in Charlottesville that beat and killed people in Aug. 2017?  Isn't it factually accurate to say that there are, indeed, Nazis and racists who voted for Trump because I'm pretty sure they have film of all this proving it to be true.  Not sure why you are condemning the democrats who are stating fact.  :confused:

We have met with 2 lawyers over the years and both indicate he needs an official diagnosis which we can't get as my brother doesn't cooperate.  He has no medical disability just socially inept, on the autistic spectrum and likes drugs too much.  Plus I was told our state (CT) has the highest SSDI declination rate in the country.    
Sincerely sorry to read this. Best to you and your family. 

That's really unfortunate.  I feel for you and your family.  If he is on the spectrum,  that could severely limit his ability to function normally in society and in the workplace on a day to day basis (obviously I don't know the specifics, just making broad statements based on what you've shared).

It seems to me that your brother may be a prime example of the types of people our social safety net is designed to protect,  not just another lazy jerk on the dole.

Good luck with that situation,  it's tough.

Its an open message board...we are all allowed to respond to whatever posts we see fit. 

Thats pretty unexcellent of you.
Hilarious.  Whenever I reply to you, you make a snide comment about being followed around or some other nonsense like that.  So do you believe in the open message board concept or not?  Is it unexcellent of you as well when you try to police what posts others can reply to?

Hilarious.  Whenever I reply to you, you make a snide comment about being followed around or some other nonsense like that.  So do you believe in the open message board concept or not?  Is it unexcellent of you as well when you try to police what posts others can reply to?
The very best part of this post is that it's your only post in this thread.

The very best part of this post is that it's your only post in this thread.
Or that he doesn’t understand the difference between a conversation that was being had and him constantly trying to talk to someone who has told him in numerous occasions that I don’t read his posts unless quoted and Indint actually reply to him.  It’s pretty creepy actually.

Users who are viewing this thread