What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corey Clement Thread (1 Viewer)

Link? Ajayi came back in the game and scored....
It was kinda click baity now that I read the full thing. But them promoting a practice squad guy isn't good.

CBS Sports

While it's encouraging that Ajayi was able to return, the Eagles' decision to promote Josh Adams from their practice squad Tuesday suggests there could be concern about the health of either Ajayi or Darren Sproles (hamstring) or both heading into the Week 3 matchup with the Colts

Last edited by a moderator:
NBC Sports Philadelphia reports Eagles OC Mike Groh "indicated there's a good chance" Jay Ajayi (back) sits Week 3.

We are a bit surprised by the interpretation, as Groh termed RB Josh Adams' promotion from the practice squad a "precautionary measure." It definitely sounds like Ajayi is going to miss some practice time this week. That's nothing new. We would consider Ajayi on the right side of questionable after he played through the issue against the Bucs in Week 2. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: New reports are putting Jay Ajayi's Week 3 availability in doubt. For an Eagles team already thin at WR and potentially without Ajayi and possibly Sproles again, Corey Clement could be in for a big workload against the Colts. With 85 total yards and a TD on 11 touches last week, Clement should be on your DFS cash game radar if Ajayi and Sproles sit. He's still very cheap and his involvement in the passing game helps raise his floor siginificantly on PPR sites.

Eagles homer here and I'm not gonn lie, I love the kid. Drafted him everywhere I could. Nice roll on a super bowl team he provides some bye week value even with the others healthy but if Ajayi is out, I'm starting him over David Johnson. Yes that's right.  :scared:

Eagles homer here and I'm not gonn lie, I love the kid. Drafted him everywhere I could. Nice roll on a super bowl team he provides some bye week value even with the others healthy but if Ajayi is out, I'm starting him over David Johnson. Yes that's right.  :scared:
my top three rbs are Gordon, howard, and miller.  not sure I can start clement in front of any of them but im tempted.

Still own him in 2 out of 3 leagues. Wait and see this week, I’m not convinced that Ajayi doesn’t make the game on Sunday until we see more info closer to the time. 

If Ajayi doesn’t then I too will consider starting him, Gio and Conner over DJ. 

Never been a huge fan but here we are: me plucking him for cheap off the waiver wire and him with a good matchup with the possibility of Sproles and Ajayi out. If so, I have no choice especially with the Mixon injury.

Wow, if Ajayi sits Clement catapults into absolutely must start in ppr. 

What kind of lower back injury could it have been to be threatening his week 2 status?

Able to scoop up Clement this week on the wire, and looking at potentially slotting him in the flex over the likes of Golladay, Goodwin (if he's back from his quad injury), Lindsay, and Cohen.

If somehow Ajayi can't go, and with Sproles still nursing a hammy, Clement becomes a true featured back who can run and catch. Wentz coming back into the fold -- assuming there is no rust -- would also make this entire offense more efficient.

There's a lot of if here, though -- Ajayi and Sproles could absolutely still end up playing, and Wentz could need to shake some cobwebs off as well. The Colts have surprisingly been stout against the run this year so far as well.

Love that Clement gives me options, and his value in PPR and Ajayi's injury history (and his occasionally sinking into mediocrity) makes Clement a solid hold for me, but I am not feeling this weekend's match up as a true no-brainer yet.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Able to scoop up Clement this week on the wire, and looking at potentially slotting him in the flex over the likes of Golladay, Goodwin (if he's back from his quad injury), Lindsay, and Cohen.

If somehow Ajayi can't go, and with Sproles still nursing a hammy, Clement becomes a true featured back who can run and catch. Wentz coming back into the fold -- assuming there is no rust -- would also make this entire offense more efficient.

There's a lot of if here, though -- Ajayi and Sproles could absolutely still end up playing, and Wentz could need to shake some cobwebs off as well. The Colts have surprisingly been stout against the run this year so far as well.

Love that Clement gives me options, and his value in PPR and Ajayi's injury history (and his occasionally sinking into mediocrity) makes Clement a solid hold for me, but I am not feeling this weekend's match up as a true no-brainer yet.
Totally agree.  Payday is coming for those of us who drafted this guy.  I don’t think it’s necessarily this week unless Ajayi sits though.  Indy run defense was actually stout last week.  And that was an away game for Indy just like this is.

Hes must start off Ajay sits though.

Im convinced there’s already behind the scenes drama with Ajayi in Philly though.  They come out and declare him the “workhorse” starter every other month for some reason (like maybe his fragile ego).  So a strong showing again by Clement this week would only hasten the end of the Ajayi era as an Eagle...

Totally agree.  Payday is coming for those of us who drafted this guy.  I don’t think it’s necessarily this week unless Ajayi sits though.  Indy run defense was actually stout last week.  And that was an away game for Indy just like this is.

Hes must start off Ajay sits though.

Im convinced there’s already behind the scenes drama with Ajayi in Philly though.  They come out and declare him the “workhorse” starter every other month for some reason (like maybe his fragile ego).  So a strong showing again by Clement this week would only hasten the end of the Ajayi era as an Eagle...
I think you're reading into something that isn't there. He's just been hurt this whole season (and his whole career). When he's healthy the Eagles seem committed to using him. 

Also last week when Ajayi missed almost the entire first half, they still gave Smallwood as many carries as Clement. Clement is obviously the back to own here if Ajayi get's hurt but I doesn't really look like Clement will be a workhorse. 

Issue with Ajayi is he wants to be a workhorse back, he’s not healthy enough to be a workhorse back.  And if he thinks RBBC is in the cards he’ll throw a fit.  That’s all documented in the Miami press from when he left that team.

Clement doesn’t have that ego.  He’ll share touches and still be an RB2 with upside.  That’s just based on his stats when he has the opportunity, last part of 17 season and last week.

Even if ajayi sits, he will still spit work with Smallwood

really don’t see any scenario where they aren’t using multiple backs

If Ajayai and Sproles sit you MUST start Clement.

Even if the coaches decide to keep a total touch-share going, and screw you, its worth the chance. Clement has proved highly effective every step of the way. Rushing, Receiving, Returns. Under the biggest spotlights. Hell even his measurable were nice as a 5'10" 220# with a 6.71 3cone and solid bench.

At just under 100 carries during the regular season and playoffs hes at 4.5 per carry. With 30 catches.  That's a tremendous ratio.  15 carries comes with 5 catches.  Heck he is over 4.0 per carry in 135 preseason attemtps and started with the the bottom of the barrel units. 

They were 6th in rush attempts last year. They are 16th this year with Foles not converting, and now Wentz returns.

In this past preseason Clerment was also working as the Red Zone back above everyone else.

The biggest knock is that they didnt throw to the RB much at all last year. 50 or so receptions (not just targets) total. But that was significantly higher in the playoffs (85.33 prorated to the RBs) with a ton of Clement pass game use. And that holds to be identical through the two games this year (88.00 prorated).

*** disclosure *** I am very high on Clement from the onset of 2017.  I own him only in best-ball formats currently. So its not a decision I have to make.  Though I was considering swapping Chris Carson for him in a league, but my auction bid funds are low and passed as my RBs are deep. I wouldn't have won him anyway.

Who wouldn't start Clement if Ajayi OR Sproles sits? Much less AND

It's clear Clement will fill the Sproles role on a Sproles-less team, and he is very usable in that scenario. And without Ajayi... what... we expect Josh Adams to have a big week? Please 

Who wouldn't start Clement if Ajayi OR Sproles sits? Much less AND

It's clear Clement will fill the Sproles role on a Sproles-less team, and he is very usable in that scenario. And without Ajayi... what... we expect Josh Adams to have a big week? Please 
Think this obviously depends on your options and who you'd start him over.

Clement with no Sproles could be a decent Flex option (depending on who else you have)

Clement with no Ajayi is a strong RB2 this week and you should start him unless you're incredibly stacked at the position.

Clement with no Ajayi OR Sproles and he's gonna eat.  Start with confidence.

I'm playing him over David Johnson if Ajayi is out. I'm moving johnson to flex and may sit him for hogan but Clement is in my lineup no matter what. Kid runs, catches and has a nose for the endzone and plays for the champs with Wentz coming back. What's not to like? 

Another fact to consider -- PHI has one of, if not the best, o-lines in the NFL. All Pro LT Jason Peters was dinged but looks ready to rock again.

Even if Ajayi is out and Sproles goes, this line is one that can create the right opportunities for Clement, even in a split with Smallwood.

I’m just super excited we’re having this conversation week 3.  My gut said to hold this guy and I did but I honestly thought I’d be waiting 5 weeks from now for him to really be relevant.

Had to start him last week out of desperation (league with almost no roster moves allowed), was quite the joy seeing him go off unexpectedly. Badgers fan, so I drafted or traded for him in several leagues. If Ajayi's out I agree with Big Steel Drill, he's an absolute must start. And he's still a solid flex even if Ajayi's good to go. Talent wise, he's not that far behind Gordon, it's still a mystery to me why he wasn't even drafted. Great buy for dynasty, I expect him to continue being involved whether the Eagles keep Ajayi or not (at least he should take over the Sproles role).

So if Sproles and Ajayi sit .... who do you bench between DJohnson, Hopkins, KAllen, Thielen for Clement ....DJ??
I have no idea, I’m debating the same out of DJ/Gio/Collins/Clement and Cooks for an RB and flex spot. 

Tbh most of these decisions that people have  are probably coin flips 

Rolled the dice and sat both Jets RBs for Clement and felt pretty crappy last night after the game.  Feeling a bit more optimistic now.

So if Sproles and Ajayi sit .... who do you bench between DJohnson, Hopkins, KAllen, Thielen for Clement ....DJ??
Don't think I'd bench those guys, that's a good crew.

I traded him in one league for Tyler eifert (might regret that but I'd have to bench Lindsey and Fournette for him) and in another I'm benching Josh doctson - but that's not a difficult choice.

Could snag Clement off the wire, but I'd have to drop Peyton Barber...
Did it.  Screw it.  Wasn't gonna play Barber this week anyway, they've got Chicago next week, and then a bye.  By then the rookie might actually be ready to play.

What is the likelihood of Josh Adams getting some touches?  They know him and he knows most of the playbook.....  was a nice surprise pre-season (yeah, I know scrub Def)

Philly averages 25 Rush Attempts per game (according to Rotoworld)

Figure Clements 12-14, Smallwood 5-8, Wentz 2-4 & Josh Adams 2-4  ==> 21 - 30

It's plausible, but unless it is an early blowout by Philly, I don't see more than 4 touches for Adams

That leaves about 45 passes.... figure to add 5-10 targets for Clements

Just curious .... as a disgruntled Ajayi owner without the Clement handcuff

Jeff McLane‏Verified account @Jeff_McLane 10s10 seconds ago

RB Corey Clement (quad) is a new addition to the injury report. Must have injured himself during Friday’s practice. Left the locker room before media showed. #Eagles may have to make a roster move if Ajayi, Sproles and Clement are out.

Perhaps a small chance they lean more on the run whilst Wentz finds his feet as well. 

I’m talking myself into it -  I’m starting him over DJ and Collins. Just need to pick 2 out of him, Gio and Cooks now. 

EDIT - ^^^ ffs would you believe it haha

I suppose Smallwood would be a decent start. With PHI you're always betting on the OL and if the touches are going to be more concentrated even Smallwood can have a lot of value. 

Users who are viewing this thread