What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ren's old crypto thread || we know how to buy this stuff now (1 Viewer)

I took a bath on the stuff I bought when I first was getting my feet wet in early January (Bitcoin at $16k, ouch), but I put most of my money in the last few days and have made up for that.  Sitting at even with all the fees and waiting for some of these to take off (BAT, XRP, EOS, LSK, ETH).  

Being in FBG I knew I shouldve added what I initially wanted to say along with my comment...

If you believe in Justin Sun and the great team he has assembled( if you actually read about them it is a very good team he has behind him), then don't sell. If you are a nonbeliever in the tech and or Sun and his backing then by all means sell. It's as simple as that.

I do believe Sun has enough contacts with the Chinese government ( which can be hard to deal with) and the team he has assembled that he can accomplish what he wants with Tron. 

He served on a panel to put regulations in on ICOs, so that's where my "contacts" comment comes from. I'm sure he has made relationships with people on that same panel that can help him move his project forward should there be any resistance from regulators in China.

NEO for example has the same type of backing in China...

This is not advice it's my opinion,  as always DYOD.

Regular guy,  You will be selling BAT at a loss too, great move buy high sell low, good luck with that. You sold Tron when you could've had 70% more early this morning LOL...

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in FBG I knew I shouldve added what I initially wanted to say along with my comment...

If you believe in Justin Sun and the great team he has assembled( if you actually read about them it is a very good team he has behind him), then don't sell. If you are a nonbeliever in the tech and or Sun and his backing then by all means sell. It's as simple as that.

I do believe Sun has enough contacts with the Chinese government ( which can be hard to deal with) and the team he has assembled that he can accomplish what he wants with Tron. 

He served on a panel to put regulations in on ICOs, so that's where my "contacts" comment comes from. I'm sure he has made relationships with people on that same panel that can help him move his project forward should there be any resistance from regulators in China.

Regular guy,  You will be selling BAT at a loss too, great move buy high sell low, good luck with that. You sold Tron when you could've had 70% more early this morning LOL...
give me your elevator pitch on Tron. What does it do and why does the world need it?

THAT NOT WHY WERE HERE~!

Fellas plz
I have added more info to my first comment which was apparently amusing to some in here.

I understand we are trying to help each other but every thread in FBGs turns into a comedy act for most and derail threads. I've been in here for many years I should know...

I have added more info to my first comment which was apparently amusing to some in here.

I understand we are trying to help each other but every thread in FBGs turns into a comedy act for most and derail threads. I've been in here for many years I should know...
I think most of us are just skeptical about tron's long term prospects. It seems as though most of its current market share was built upon JS being good at marketing

I wanted out of Tron and into BAT and am comfortable with what I did versus doing the same thing now.  This is just dabbling money anyhow, not my cold storage.

I tried to help someone who asked a question and my answer was about how popular a coin was and got ripped for it because I wasn't "technical" enough.
You got ripped because you’re pumping a ####coin and acting like it has tangible long term value. It’s vaporwear at its best and a pyramid scheme at its worst. You also projected it at a marketcap just below ripple which is laughable. You want to make money on ####coin pump and dumps I won’t stop you and I won’t fault you. You want to come in and make ludicrous statements about same ####coins well you’re going to get ripped. And telling people to read up on it because you have is not helpful. It’s insulting and looks like you don’t know what you are talking about.

You got ripped because you’re pumping a ####coin and acting like it has tangible long term value. It’s vaporwear at its best and a pyramid scheme at its worst. You also projected it at a marketcap just below ripple which is laughable. You want to make money on ####coin pump and dumps I won’t stop you and I won’t fault you. You want to come in and make ludicrous statements about same ####coins well you’re going to get ripped. And telling people to read up on it because you have is not helpful. It’s insulting and looks like you don’t know what you are talking about.
So, by me answering the question of giving an “elevator pitch” isn’t a pump? If Tron is a @#$&coin, why don’t you add to the discussion and give us real coins. You love ripple and hate Tron, great. My point was the guy obviously was losing money and I told him to hold for a while, large volume can move to the upside, that was my reason for holding. Why is that a pump, If you don’t like Justin Sun and the team he has assembled then that’s fine too. The facts are there to read and figure out for yourself.  Why should I pitch something to  you and others in here that obviously have already decided you don’t like.

By you simply calling TRX a #$&*coin makes you look like you obviously don’t know what your talking about.

On another note of Ripple, they received about $55MM a little over a year ago at a $400MM valuation. 

Please find me one company in the history of the world that has gone from $400MM to $50B in that amount of time - so you're left with one of two things on that; they're either the greatest company to ever exist on Earth, or they're wildly overvalued. 

So, by me answering the question of giving an “elevator pitch” isn’t a pump? If Tron is a @#$&coin, why don’t you add to the discussion and give us real coins. You love ripple and hate Tron, great. My point was the guy obviously was losing money and I told him to hold for a while, large volume can move to the upside, that was my reason for holding. Why is that a pump, If you don’t like Justin Sun and the team he has assembled then that’s fine too. The facts are there to read and figure out for yourself.  Why should I pitch something to  you and others in here that obviously have already decided you don’t like.

By you simply calling TRX a #$&*coin makes you look like you obviously don’t know what your talking about.
You don’t need to pitch me #### and I don’t like Ripple. Just stating where you wanted to place your magical fairy dust in the scheme of market caps. Take your bull #### to Reddit my man. You can shill there because it’s either that or you truly don’t know what you’re tied to. Tron is a ####coin. It’s the worst level of crypto right now and probably and additive to why the market crashed this week. Bunch of shills going around saying “moon, lambo, moon!”. Sun saying he’s going to be tied to huge companies and then ending up announcing partnerships with businesses he, himself owns. Don’t pretend like you know something. You don’t. Hell, with your 400 posts around here I doubt your legitimacy as a poster on FBG at all.

On another note of Ripple, they received about $55MM a little over a year ago at a $400MM valuation. 

Please find me one company in the history of the world that has gone from $400MM to $50B in that amount of time - so you're left with one of two things on that; they're either the greatest company to ever exist on Earth, or they're wildly overvalued. 
Maybe because it’s not a company valuation you twit. 

For sake of discussion since this is a crypto thread, here’s coins I’ve bought and coins I’m interested in. I’m not going into detail because there’s enough on the web to be more informed then what I can give in here, as always DYOD.

coins I’ve bought...

BTC

ETH

ADA

TRX

In no particular order here’s coins I’m interested in and researching now but have not bought...Of course I’m no expert and I’ve already been accused of pumping ####coins, so I can’t judge if these are or not, it’s here to discuss if you chose to. More info creates more opportunity.

POWR...GTO...XLM...FUN...SUB...WAVES...ENG...BNB...NEO...LRC...RDD

You don’t need to pitch me #### and I don’t like Ripple. Just stating where you wanted to place your magical fairy dust in the scheme of market caps. Take your bull #### to Reddit my man. You can shill there because it’s either that or you truly don’t know what you’re tied to. Tron is a ####coin. It’s the worst level of crypto right now and probably and additive to why the market crashed this week. Bunch of shills going around saying “moon, lambo, moon!”. Sun saying he’s going to be tied to huge companies and then ending up announcing partnerships with businesses he, himself owns. Don’t pretend like you know something. You don’t. Hell, with your 400 posts around here I doubt your legitimacy as a poster on FBG at all.
You’re additude makes you the one that needs to take your #### to reddit...I’ll bet you I’ve been around FBG longer than you.

LOL, so TRX crashed crypto this week, love to hear the explanation on this one. Tron has a cult following, that’s not my problem or reason for liking it, I like it because I think Sun can deliver. You don’t, fine.

You’re that guy that hated Amazon and would never invest in a company with that high of PE...

Ill bet you Justin Sun has ALREADY been a lot more successful than you will ever be in 10 lifetimes, I’ll take his word over yours...

:lmao:

You're a middle of the pack 5-digiter and have like 200 posts in a decade before this thread.

Settle down Poor-mans-posty. 
Been lurking for longer than a decade, just didn’t sign up until I actually wanted to post. I was a regular in RSFF on AOL which a lot of original members on here also hung out in. I’ve been around longer than my stats say...I can see why people no longer want to hang out in here, this is a crypto thread with hardly any crypto talk.

Proof? It just started out, don’t want to give it time to prove itself?
This horse is slow as ####, has horse AIDS, and has a ton of shady guys running around pimping it excessively. 

Lets ignore the much faster, more healthy horses and bet on Horse AIDS!!!

Been lurking for longer than a decade, just didn’t sign up until I actually wanted to post. I was a regular in RSFF on AOL which a lot of original members on here also hung out in. I’ve been around longer than my stats say...
Oh. Well I sold David Dodds the Mr Football domain name and him how to play FF. 

Checkmate, n00b. 

Nobody in here wants a bunch of negativity and name-calling. #### or troll somewhere else. JFC... some of you just can’t help yourselves!!
It’s as if a post count puts people on a different level in here. I’ve been reading here since it’s original early days, just didn’t sign up or post for a long time, still don’t post that much for these reasons, another derailed thread in FBG, what else is new...

Tron has a cult following, that’s not my problem or reason for liking it, I like it because I think Sun can deliver. You don’t, fine.

Ill bet you Justin Sun has ALREADY been a lot more successful than you will ever be in 10 lifetimes, I’ll take his word over yours...
:lmao:  the bolded sure makes it sound like you're part of the cult following.

"Oh this dude has a bunch of rabid fans, that's not really my bag.  Nah, I just think he rules and if he jumped off a bridge I'd be right there behind him"

They plagiarized their whitepaper man.  The only tangible thing you can actually point to about the project was stolen from a bunch of other projects.  Get a grip.

For sake of discussion since this is a crypto thread, here’s coins I’ve bought and coins I’m interested in. I’m not going into detail because there’s enough on the web to be more informed then what I can give in here, as always DYOD.
No offense but, you just started posting in here today, why would I give a #### about what coins you bought/sold/jacked off to unless you gave your reasons?  Anyone can list off a bunch of three letter strings and say "ya I might buy these".  You like tron so you're on shaky ground to begin with.  Give us something to work with here man.

:lmao:  the bolded sure makes it sound like you're part of the cult following.

"Oh this dude has a bunch of rabid fans, that's not really my bag.  Nah, I just think he rules and if he jumped off a bridge I'd be right there behind him"

They plagiarized their whitepaper man.  The only tangible thing you can actually point to about the project was stolen from a bunch of other projects.  Get a grip.
Sun has been in Forbes 30 for 30...I’ll still take his word over yours

No offense but, you just started posting in here today, why would I give a #### about what coins you bought/sold/jacked off to unless you gave your reasons?  Anyone can list off a bunch of three letter strings and say "ya I might buy these".  You like tron so you're on shaky ground to begin with.  Give us something to work with here man.
That’s more info than what I’ve been reading in here, at least I’ve given coins I like, which is more than most in this thread. People aren’t going to take my word, so of course they will do their own research. 

LOL, so TRX crashed crypto this week, love to hear the explanation on this one. Tron has a cult following, that’s not my problem or reason for liking it, I like it because I think Sun can deliver. You don’t, fine.

You’re that guy that hated Amazon and would never invest in a company with that high of PE...

So we’ve hit the totally awesome stage here.

by chance, you into watches bro?

I’m still waiting for a coherent explanation about the awesomeness of TRON.
All I did was tell a guy to hold Tron a little longer and I’ve received nothing but insults. I didn’t say I bet my house on it, nor did I say buy it, did I?

Im not a pumper, I mentioned that the volume is very high, who cares about some guy at the store buying it, but the reason I added that is because it’s popular and that combined with volume it could pop soon. I never said to the moon, nor will I. if it goes back to .20 in a month at least the guy didn’t take a loss. Regularguy bought it for a reason, why not hold just a little longer, He asked about Tron but none of you made any comments towards how dumb he was to buy it. Yet I get those comments for telling him to hold. I didn’t tell him to hold it for a long either. It’s no wonder a lot of original members no longer post in here. This used to be a good place for info.

All I did was tell a guy to hold Tron a little longer and I’ve received nothing but insults. I didn’t say I bet my house on it, nor did I say buy it, did I?

Im not a pumper, I mentioned that the volume is very high, who cares about some guy at the store buying it, but the reason I added that is because it’s popular and that combined with volume it could pop soon. I never said to the moon, nor will I. if it goes back to .20 in a month at least the guy didn’t take a loss. Regularguy bought it for a reason, why not hold just a little longer, He asked about Tron but none of you made any comments towards how dumb he was to buy it. Yet I get those comments for telling him to hold. I didn’t tell him to hold it for a long either. It’s no wonder a lot of original members no longer post in here. This used to be a good place for info.
I don't think you're shilling.  I just think tron sucks.  It is literal vaporware and the white paper is plagiarized.  They have slapped this asian justin bieber guy's face on it and blown up the hype train with absolutely no product.  That's bad 

Users who are viewing this thread