What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (6 Viewers)

When bitcoin gets backlogged, people buy ether and litecoin at coinbase to transfer to other exchanges to buy other crypto and it inflates the price until Bitcoin catches up.   At least that has a part in the price increase.   

[icon] said:
Have been trying to get verified at CoinBase for 2 days now. 

Uploaded photos of Driver License and photo on laptop. Waited 12 hours. Nothing. No email denial. Page just had a button to verify again. Okay. Used App to take photo of DL and my face. Okay..... 30 mins later... nothing. No email denial. Just a button to verify again. 

For the future of currency, this industry seems to be running on tech quality from 1992. :lol:   About to give up if Coinbase cant even verify my account. Tried again "Our servers are under heavy load. Try again in 30 mins. 

What a ####show this whole thing is :lol:  
If you want to only buy BTC or ETH, sign up for Gemini.  I had the same issues with Coinbase for MONTHS and no tech support whatsoever. 

[icon] said:
Have been trying to get verified at CoinBase for 2 days now. 

Uploaded photos of Driver License and photo on laptop. Waited 12 hours. Nothing. No email denial. Page just had a button to verify again. Okay. Used App to take photo of DL and my face. Okay..... 30 mins later... nothing. No email denial. Just a button to verify again. 

For the future of currency, this industry seems to be running on tech quality from 1992. :lol:   About to give up if Coinbase cant even verify my account. Tried again "Our servers are under heavy load. Try again in 30 mins. 

What a ####show this whole thing is :lol:  
Friend of mine is having the same issue... He did get a "due to high server load" message at some point. I think they are just getting inundated. 

Nope, I'm still dumber in real life than I talk on the internet.  I was just about to sell off another large chunk when the splits became too large to even move, I missed my opportunity by just a few hours on that insane rise.  But this new "Office Space" attitude in the workplace has been working out spectacularly well so far.

My noncompete is a complete stranglehold, but at this point I'd skip the entire country for the duration of it and come back recharged.  Or change my mind and not come back at all.  Belize always sounded nice.  I've just always been a workaholic and am kind of terrified what I would even do with my time.  I feel like I'd be setting the hourglass to be dead or in jail if I stopped being productive.

Nope, I'm still dumber in real life than I talk on the internet.  I was just about to sell off another large chunk when the splits became too large to even move, I missed my opportunity by just a few hours on that insane rise.  But this new "Office Space" attitude in the workplace has been working out spectacularly well so far.

My noncompete is a complete stranglehold, but at this point I'd skip the entire country for the duration of it and come back recharged.  Or change my mind and not come back at all.  Belize always sounded nice.  I've just always been a workaholic and am kind of terrified what I would even do with my time.  I feel like I'd be setting the hourglass to be dead or in jail if I stopped being productive.
:lmao:   I'm about a week away from the same thing, but because I'm about to take a new job and won't turn in my notice until after I get my year end bonus.

I follow Parabolic Trav on twitter and he had an interesting take on game theory behind the futures market and what it meant for Bitcoin.

Basically he anticipates that futures market will allow companies like Square and Cash App to be able to hedge Bitcoin price risk so they can take expand their offerings.  They're not exchanges, rather these companies would need to purchase Bitcoin so users can purchase directly from them rather than an exchange.  Shorting allows them to hedge their risk of holding Bitcoin.  Wall Street would want to go long on BTC and bid it up and leverage their futures to cash in.  I'm very curious how it's all going to play out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQESyfrSu4&feature=youtu.be (~10min video)
Very cool stuff, thank you for sharing.  That's a better worded example of what I feel is playing out now.

Buddy who I take advice from is bullish on BTLLF.  I bought blindly on 12/4 and it was up about 25% two days later.  Haven't checked back on that one either.

No worries hooter man, I got you!  Send me all your bitcoin for safekeeping so you can be productive all these years, and I'll hold them for you until you're actually ready to retire.  You can count on me.  

So hooter had 311 (his fave #) BTC, but has sold off a bunch over the last 6mo and now has about 187 (Dr Dre's fave number) BTC? 
See where indecent exposure and murder will get you kids?  Rich, that's where.  Little lower than Dre, but not much.

Mining hardware site withdraws acceptance of bitcoin as payment.  

https://gpushack.com/pages/bitcoin-payments

Bitcoin Payments

On the topic of Bitcoin

Posted December 16th, 2017

gpuShack accepted Bitcoin as a form of payment ever since we began operations on December 16th, 2014. Today, exactly three years later, we have deactivated Bitcoin as a form of payment. 

Bitcoin's apparent inability to scale in order to meet immediate market needs drove this decision. We are actively looking for a Digital Currency payment processor that seemlessly integrates with Shopify.com, in order to accept Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and possibly others.

Unfortunately, the high cost of creating Bitcoin Transactions has fundamentally broken the API functionality between our preferred Bitcoin Payment Processor (Coinbase.com) and our preferred e-Commerce Platform (Shopify.com). Coinbase.com can no longer reasonably estimate when a transaction will confirm (if at all), and this has caused an unfortunate and insurmountable customer support burden. 

According to Earn.com, the average Bitcoin fee is over $20 USD, (over 50% of the cost of the most popular product sold on gpuShack) and we can no longer place the burden of this fee on our customers.

I bought almost 5 litcoins on Tuesday and none of them are in my coinbase wallet still. Continues to show "pending transactions", yet they've taken the money out of my bank account. 

I am sure there is nothing to worry about with that. 
Usually takes a week for me 

I bought almost 5 litcoins on Tuesday and none of them are in my coinbase wallet still. Continues to show "pending transactions", yet they've taken the money out of my bank account. 

Same thing here (with lower # bought). It just says "pending" on the app, but on the website, it actually says it "arrives Wednesday 12/20."

Fine for now but what happens when these coins are tanking and you still have transactions pending to your wallet.  Thats gonna suck for some people.

Fine for now but what happens when these coins are tanking and you still have transactions pending to your wallet.  Thats gonna suck for some people.
The image I’d like to paint is a door frame, let’s call it 7 feet high and 4 feet wide. At some point you’re going to have about 100,000 people trying to squeeze through this door at the same time. Real markets have stabilizers for stuff like this, I suspect coin markets are just going to halt trading for an indefinite amount of time and then freeze withdrawals for an unspecified amount of time. These things are an afterthought for most participants right now.

I don’t care how long I have to wait, I’m just dying to see how it unfolds when the real selling hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
The image I’d like to paint is a door frame, let’s call it 7 feet high and 4 feet wide. At some point you’re going to have about 100,000 people trying to squeeze through this door at the same time. Real markets have stabilizers for stuff like this, I suspect coin markets are just going to halt trading for an indefinite amount of time and then freeze withdrawals.l for an unspecified amount of time. These things are an afterthought for most participants right now.

I don’t care how long I have to wait, I’m just dying to see how it unfolds when the real selling hits.
Yep.

The #### won't hit the fan.... it will run into the constipated anal sphincter

Yea that's terrible. Really bad. 
Not really because they have to wait for your funds to clear. If you want to avoid delays you can deposit funds on gdax and get your coins instantly. You still need to wait for the deposit to clear though. USD is slow, must be a scam.

Not really because they have to wait for your funds to clear. If you want to avoid delays you can deposit funds on gdax and get your coins instantly. You still need to wait for the deposit to clear though. USD is slow, must be a scam.
The money came out of my checking account on Thursday. But good one. 

The money came out of my checking account on Thursday. But good one. 
It then also takes time to clear their account. 

The USD scam comment wasn't a dig on you btw, just a joke about people complaining that bitcoin is slow and fees are too high.

If you do bank electronic transfer on Coinbase it is similar if not exactly the same as doing one to etrade, etc.  You can use a debit card and have immediate access to your crypto on Coinbase which is not an etrade option.

If you do bank electronic transfer on Coinbase it is similar if not exactly the same as doing one to etrade, etc.  You can use a debit card and have immediate access to your crypto on Coinbase which is not an etrade option.
It is nothing at all the same. I trade and do transfers with schwab all the time. Money shows up the next day. 

Users who are viewing this thread