What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martellus Bennett - playing musical chairs with the NFL (1 Viewer)

I'm not quite sure why he chose surgery with the Packers but then after he was released decided against it and now is going to play.  I'm also puzzled how he could pass the Pats physical if the injury is so severe that he was advised to have surgery.

Something doesn't add up here
Yeah,no clue how he can put the Packers doctor on blast by saying the doctor tried to encourage him to play despite all the other doctors telling him to have surgery, saying that he planned to have surgery, and then passes a physical with the Pats and practices with them today. Those things don't add up.

It certainly seems like he used his shoulder to either force his way out of GB or take a paycheck on IR rather than play in GB after Rodgers got hurt.

I can't think of any other explanation for what happened here.

menobrown said:
Please notate the difference between a fact and a difference of opinion.  I stand on my opinion, he was not that great. Great blocker,but you go ahead and trot him out as weekly fantasy starter and let me know how great that works out for you.
I don't see anyone on this board who said anything about him being a weekly fantasy starter, all I'm saying is he should be rostered based on his performance in the Belichick system.

The guy played through injury and is willing to continue playing while injured. He could have easily sat out the season and collected the rest of his paycheck. (But then you'd be calling him a piece of #### for NOT playing.)
I don't know what's more cute, you believing him that he's actually hurt and is at the point of surgery (he's not, he passed a physical), or you insinuating he could possibly be a tough guy actually playing through an injury :lol:

The guy played through injury and is willing to continue playing while injured. He could have easily sat out the season and collected the rest of his paycheck. (But then you'd be calling him a piece of #### for NOT playing.)
Kids are so innocent

Now this pile of dung is throwing the team doctor under the bus. Such a loser. Love seeing the players come to the doctor's defense. Such a waste 
Bennett is not only a complete liar but a cluelss one at that. Everybody in Green Bay and just about anyone around the league knows that the Packers' medical staff is extremely conservative, frustratingly so to Packer fans. Great to see just about every Packer stand up for Dr. McKenzie. Bennett is getting burned on social media and exposed for the con man that he is.

aaronrodgers12I've been working with Dr. McKenzie for 13 years, and as well as being a phenomenal doctor, he's also become a close friend. He's done surgery on me twice, and I trust him and his opinion implicitly. Doc has always tried to protect me and my future, even if it meant protecting me from myself and my desire to get back on the field before I should. #gbpfamily #mydoc #ibackpat
John Kuhn‏Verified account @kuhnj30

Replying to @RobDemovsky @MartysaurusRex

In 9 years of working with Doc McKenzie he never pressured me to play one time. In fact, I would argue that I pressured him to let me play at times.
James Jones‏Verified account @89JonesNTAF

Replying to @JordyRNelson

100% true Dr. McKenzie will not let you play with a broken fingernail if you don’t convince him that you’re OK I can never see him forcing somebody to play with an injury
Blake Baratz‏ @blakebaratz

Blake Baratz Retweeted Ian Rapoport

I can say from 1st hand experience that there isn't a more player friendly DR in the NFL then Pat Mckenzie. He is as conservative as they come & would never push a player to play that wasn't able to. If anything I have experienced the complete opposite. 4 whatever that's worth!
ESPN Milwaukee‏Verified account @ESPNMilwaukee

.@itsCrab on #Packers' Dr. McKenzie: "I trusted him and whatever his recommendation was at the end of the day. Never a situation where I felt he was compromising my health in any way."
Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky 7h7 hours ago

In 21 years of covering the Packers, I’ve never heard players offer anything but praise for Dr. Pat McKenzie, and that includes Aaron Rodgers who has regularly raved about him.
Greg A. Bedard‏Verified account @GregABedard

FWIW ... In my experience covering the Packers, Dr. McKenzie has a well-earned reputation for being one of the most conservative NFL team docs in terms of return to play. To the point players were frustrated he wouldn't clear them.
David J. Chao, MD‏Verified account @ProFootballDoc 4h4 hours ago

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Greg A. Bedard

I think @packers have a good medical staff. Have known them for 20 years. Pushing players to play is the opposite of what they are about.
Jordy Nelson‏Verified account @JordyRNelson 6h

In ten years of being with the Packers organization and having multiple injuries and surgeries, I have never once felt pressured to play in a game. If anything, I have had to try and convince Dr. McKenzie and the athletic trainers to allow me to practice or play in a game. Dr. McKenzie is very cautious about putting players back on the field with an injury and always puts the player's health before the team.

Former Packers safety LeRoy Butler tweeted: "He was very conservative because he cared about me as a person. I am offended that someone would say he made them play injured."
Jermichael Finley, whose career as a Packers starting tight end was cut short by a spinal-cord injury, tweeted, "I felt like the Packers and Dr. McKenzie were always very cautious with us and cared for the players well-being. Never felt pressured to play through a serious injury."

Not to mention the countless Packers and former Packers that have stood up for dr. McKenzie on local radio and television. Proud of the players to stand up forthe doctor who can't respond himself because of HIPPA laws

Last edited by a moderator:
You clearly didn’t know what Bennett was trying to do in throwing the team doctor under the bus. You’re making excuses for an exposed ### hole.

Bennett is not only a complete liar but a cluelss one at that. Everybody in Green Bay and just about anyone around the league knows that the Packers' medical staff is extremely conservative, frustratingly so to Packer fans. Great to see just about every Packer stand up for Dr. McKenzie. Bennett is getting burned on social media and exposed for the con man that he is.

Not to mention the countless Packers and former Packers that have stood up for dr. McKenzie on local radio and television. Proud of the players to stand up forthe doctor who can't respond himself because of HIPPA laws
McKenzie is AWESOME. I've had a few of his patients. his protocols are conservative yet fair. I've dealt with docs who push patients... McKenzie is anything but. I echo the players that have frustration with how slow he can move patients through protocols 

The Bennett brothers are perpetual liars when it comes to furthering their own agendas and themselves. Bennett wanted out of GB so he lied about an injury and threatened retirement. 

They're both scum 

I'm actually somewhat surprised Bennett didn't make up some ridiculous story as to how his shoulder was "injured." so he's a lazy liar too

Maybe someone can fill in some gaps for me.  GB released him for failure to disclose an injury; what injury did he fail to disclose?

Maybe someone can fill in some gaps for me.  GB released him for failure to disclose an injury; what injury did he fail to disclose?
It's a pissing contest of half truths on both sides.  Here's a reply I saw to the interesting article on Deadspin on this topic:

What people seem to be missing here is only the entire issue: the Packers say Bennett hid a medical issue from them; Bennett says that’s bull####. If it can be proven that Bennett actually hid the issue, the Packers would be able to get money back - signing bonus, etc. So Bennett’s been playing with a condition that will need surgery at some point, but he sucked it up because Aaron Rodgers. With Rodgers gone, there’s no need to suck it up any more because the team is going nowhere, so he goes to doctors who tell him, ‘Get the surgery.’ And who knows, maybe the injury got worse. The Packers get peeved because he’s going to be out for the rest of the season (not that it matters) and decide to cut him in a way that would let them recoup some of their investment. My guess is everyone knew that he was hurt but he and the team had a tacit agreement that he’d delay surgery. Bennett feels like he played hurt when they had a chance and that the team is screwing him with this response. Whether or not he can still play isn’t really the issue at all. 

The half truths on both sides is everybody knew his shoulder was marginal and became worse as the season wore on, but he decided to opt for surgery after Rodgers went down....which is a "me first" thing to do....but the Packers then released him under the pretense of "failure to disclose" which is also a "me first" ("us first") thing to do.  Now Bennett chooses to continue to play with Brady at QB rather than a backup at QB in GB and people are surprised.  Bennett's real problem is spin....he didn't think before running his mouth about the doctor in question so all the sheep run to the doctor in question when he's actually a bit player in the overall melodrama which is about Bennett's objectives versus Packers objectives.

What's really interesting is to compare that overview with the unadulterated venom in this thread.  From my perspective, at least some of the character assassination here is directly associated with the color of Bennett's skin and the prior incident his brother had being profiled by the 5-0.

Standby for the attacks against my perspective.

It's a pissing contest of half truths on both sides.  Here's a reply I saw to the interesting article on Deadspin on this topic:

What people seem to be missing here is only the entire issue: the Packers say Bennett hid a medical issue from them; Bennett says that’s bull####. If it can be proven that Bennett actually hid the issue, the Packers would be able to get money back - signing bonus, etc. So Bennett’s been playing with a condition that will need surgery at some point, but he sucked it up because Aaron Rodgers. With Rodgers gone, there’s no need to suck it up any more because the team is going nowhere, so he goes to doctors who tell him, ‘Get the surgery.’ And who knows, maybe the injury got worse. The Packers get peeved because he’s going to be out for the rest of the season (not that it matters) and decide to cut him in a way that would let them recoup some of their investment. My guess is everyone knew that he was hurt but he and the team had a tacit agreement that he’d delay surgery. Bennett feels like he played hurt when they had a chance and that the team is screwing him with this response. Whether or not he can still play isn’t really the issue at all. 

The half truths on both sides is everybody knew his shoulder was marginal and became worse as the season wore on, but he decided to opt for surgery after Rodgers went down....which is a "me first" thing to do....but the Packers then released him under the pretense of "failure to disclose" which is also a "me first" ("us first") thing to do.  Now Bennett chooses to continue to play with Brady at QB rather than a backup at QB in GB and people are surprised.  Bennett's real problem is spin....he didn't think before running his mouth about the doctor in question so all the sheep run to the doctor in question when he's actually a bit player in the overall melodrama which is about Bennett's objectives versus Packers objectives.

What's really interesting is to compare that overview with the unadulterated venom in this thread.  From my perspective, at least some of the character assassination here is directly associated with the color of Bennett's skin and the prior incident his brother had being profiled by the 5-0.

OK, so team knows about the shoulder, but cut him with the intent of trying to save millions of dollars, lies and say they don’t know about the shoulder, and the player is the lying scumbag?

I get that Bennett playing with NE looks bad, but GB started this, IMO.  They make boatloads of money (as all NFL teams do) and will continue to do so. Bennett has a limited window to capitalize on his ability.  If the Pack wanted to cut him, then cut him, but don’t lie & say he withheld an injury they were fully aware of in order to try to save what is a significant amount of money for Bennett, but a pittance for GB.

When in doubt with no ground to stand on, call everyone a racist. You clearly see all of us pissing on Vontae Davis for the same situation.  :rolleyes:

OK, so team knows about the shoulder, but cut him with the intent of trying to save millions of dollars, lies and say they don’t know about the shoulder, and the player is the lying scumbag?

I get that Bennett playing with NE looks bad, but GB started this, IMO.  They make boatloads of money (as all NFL teams do) and will continue to do so. Bennett has a limited window to capitalize on his ability.  If the Pack wanted to cut him, then cut him, but don’t lie & say he withheld an injury they were fully aware of in order to try to save what is a significant amount of money for Bennett, but a pittance for GB.
I agree with you (without denying Bennett's clear "me first" behavior....both he and Chris Long literally RAN out of New England with their shiny rings to chase big money).

But somehow the "story" becomes all about how Bennett questioned the integrity of a popular doctor.  Because that's what the Packers want people to be talking about / thinking about.

When in doubt with no ground to stand on, call everyone a racist. You clearly see all of us pissing on Vontae Davis for the same situation.  :rolleyes:
I gave my opinion on commentary in this thread, and you gave your opinion in turn, complete with condescending eyeroll.  Enjoy your day.

Except Bennett is the one who brought up the doctor. Geez. Let’s reach another extra couple miles to defend this bozo. 

*Side note: I actually would agree if someone said NFL players should all be gaurenteed so this kind of shadiness on the teams part to get out of multiple years left would not occur, I would agree. That doesn’t forgive Bennett for the way he acts. The NFLPA has continuously put their players in this situation for years and years so it should be known by now.

Players should have a “me first”attitude; the teams do.  Unlike the players, the teams could afford to put their own immediate interests on the back burner.  They will continue to make money for a long time, while the average player gets a few years.  Why should Bennett accept the teams lies about him withholding an injury and give up whatever money he’ll lose?  Why should Bennett not play for NE if GB cut him?  He shouldn’t.  He hurt his shoulder while playing for GB; they should pay him what’s he owed.  If they decide to cut him, pay him what he’s owed, and shut up if he decides to play for another team.

Except Bennett is the one who brought up the doctor. Geez. Let’s reach another extra couple miles to defend this bozo. 

*Side note: I actually would agree if someone said NFL players should all be gaurenteed so this kind of shadiness on the teams part to get out of multiple years left would not occur, I would agree. That doesn’t forgive Bennett for the way he acts. The NFLPA has continuously put their players in this situation for years and years so it should be known by now.
GREEN BAY was the party who cut him & said he lied about an injury.  His comment about the Dr was a response to that. Geez.  Let’s ignore facts to defend the team.

GREEN BAY was the party who cut him & said he lied about an injury.  His comment about the Dr was a response to that. Geez.  Let’s ignore facts to defend the team.
Fact: the Doctor didn’t push him to play. You clearly don’t have an agenda here.

Patriot spin, with a little race card to boot. Well done.  :wall:

Fact: the Doctor didn’t push him to play. You clearly don’t have an agenda here.
Agreed, the Dr didn’t push him to play.

Also Fact: GB lied when they said he withheld an injury.  

What, exactly, do you think my agenda is?

Bennett claimed that he wanted surgery, but the team doctor was pushing him to play.   That was Bennett's narrative

Since then:

- Bennett signed with NE and wants to keep playing

- Dozens of current and former players have come to the defense of a doctor who was already widely known to be super conservative......about preventing players from being on field with injuries

So while I get that each side has a role in this, Bennett hasn't been at all honest about what is going on.

More likely, Bennett only wanted to play for the team if a trophy was possible, and once Rodgers got hurt he lost interest and became disruptive.

Apparently he had three doctors confirm should issue after he lost confidence in medical feedback from GB staff.

Do you suppose those doctors are black too?
That shoulder must really be bothering him.  Obviously he wants surgery now......oh wait, New England just signed him.  What's one of the first things teams do when signing free agents?  Right, they have to pass a medical check.

Sorry, just trying to keep up here.  How do you know GB lied?  (Note:  it wouldn't surprise me at all if they lied)

GB classified it that way as a response to Bennett trying to get IR’d and lock in his salary for the next 2 years. FWIW, if you and I were to talk about the NFLPA/NFL contacts I wonder if we wouldn’t agree that fully guaranteed deals would stop this nonsense. However, if you were an employer and had an agreement with someone for 3 years and they only last half of year one and tried to loophole their way into the full contract (not a scenario that realistically would happen with Joe Schmo I know) what would your response be if you had a loophole to get you out of at least the following 2 years? Bennett, IMO, forced them to take the low road because there was no high road to take. Then when he wasn’t able to file a grievance and have the attention to play he said/she said he went to the press so he was allowed his tantrum and 5 minutes because that is what he has done his whole career. Attacking a highly regarded Dr. and trying to stain his reputation for a scenario he, himself created. GB would have had to eat the remainder of his seasonal salary without the designation for there to be a “high road”.

You know there's a whole entire subforum with plenty of threads dedicated to declaring everyone who disagrees with you a racist.  Not sure why you are intent on moving this one there

Oh man lol

Not a fact. How do you know they lied? If it's a fact, then give me some proof. You're willing to accept that Benett lied about the doctor pushing him to play but everything else he said is completely true? Really? The Packers haven't said a word about anything since Bennett's release and tantrum. One which has been proven to be false as he throws the team doctor under the bus and countless players, former players, others in the medical field, NFL front office personnel have said just isn't true and is the exact opposite of what Bennett claimed.

Maybe both sides knew that Bennett had a chronic shoulder problem. Maybe Bennett withheld how serious that problem really was. From what I read it was widely known around the league of Bennett's chronic shoulder problems. It has now been reported that he has a partially torn rotator cuff. We don't know when that occurred. My guess is the Packers are claiming that the rotator cuff injury occurred before he signed his FA deal and did not disclose it. Bennett is probably claiming it occurred during the season.

Given Bennett's history around the league (5 teams in 7 years) and now the fact that in his own tirade he lied about Dr. McKenzie I'm not really coming down on his side.

Can't we all just agree that Bennett is a giant turd and been a pain for every team he's been on.  He reminds me of how Brandon Marshall tore apart every team he's been on.
Now you can see why things turned out like they their final year in Chicago. Both of them were there. 

Not a fact. How do you know they lied? If it's a fact, then give me some proof. You're willing to accept that Benett lied about the doctor pushing him to play but everything else he said is completely true? Really? The Packers haven't said a word about anything since Bennett's release and tantrum. One which has been proven to be false as he throws the team doctor under the bus and countless players, former players, others in the medical field, NFL front office personnel have said just isn't true and is the exact opposite of what Bennett claimed.

Maybe both sides knew that Bennett had a chronic shoulder problem. Maybe Bennett withheld how serious that problem really was. From what I read it was widely known around the league of Bennett's chronic shoulder problems. It has now been reported that he has a partially torn rotator cuff. We don't know when that occurred. My guess is the Packers are claiming that the rotator cuff injury occurred before he signed his FA deal and did not disclose it. Bennett is probably claiming it occurred during the season.

Given Bennett's history around the league (5 teams in 7 years) and now the fact that in his own tirade he lied about Dr. McKenzie I'm not really coming down on his side.
Past history reveals who Bennett really is around the league. Firsthand reports from multiple respected players under Mckenzie reveal who he is. End of story 

The Pats seem to like him
They liked him so much they let him go after one year.  The Pats are an opportunistic team and will take anyone they think can benefit them for any period of time.  We all know Bennett has skills but he's a pain in the butt and no team wants to invest in him long term.

Bennett claimed that he wanted surgery, but the team doctor was pushing him to play.   That was Bennett's narrative

Since then:

- Bennett signed with NE and wants to keep playing

- Dozens of current and former players have come to the defense of a doctor who was already widely known to be super conservative......about preventing players from being on field with injuries

So while I get that each side has a role in this, Bennett hasn't been at all honest about what is going on.

More likely, Bennett only wanted to play for the team if a trophy was possible, and once Rodgers got hurt he lost interest and became disruptive.
We’ve got threads on this board about Luck & David Johnson where arguments are made that Indy & Ari would not bring those 2 players back if they weren’t 100% healthy and the teams had nothing to play for (similar discussion about Rodgers if GB falls out of contention).  The logic being that if they weren’t quite 100%, but could play, the team would play them, if they still had a shot st the playoffs; but if they weren’t quite 100%, and team had no shot, they should hold them out.  

Whu would it be okay for the team to make that decision, but not the player?

As far as the comments about the Dr, you left out the part where the Packers called Bennett a liar, saying he withheld an injury, which could have cost him (& saved them$ a lot of money.  He didn’t just bring it up out of nowhere, he was responding to GB’s lie.

As far as th GB Dr, and all the support players have shown him, that has nothing to do with Bennett.  I don’t think he was pressured to play, but he, the team, & the Dr agreed he could play through it.  When Rodgers went out, Bennett probably decided the pain wasn’t worth it on a futile effort.  He got other Dr’s opinions (which is a right players have) who said have surgery.  Perhaps the GB Dr said “you’re still ok to play.”  In any event, if Bennett was hurt (not a disputed point) and he had a Dr say you should have surgery (not a disputed point) & the GB Dr said “I think you can play,” (a logical assumption based on available info), Bennett could argue he felt pushed to play.  A weak argument, IMO, but it stems from GB going after Bennett’s money by lying about him withholding an injury.

Sorry, just trying to keep up here.  How do you know GB lied?  (Note:  it wouldn't surprise me at all if they lied)
How do we know Bennett lied about being pressured to play?  We don’t, but it’s being labeled a fact.  It’s likely, IMO, based on what we do know, but it’s not a fact, per se.

GB listed him on the injury report with a shoulder injury & sat him week 9 because of the shoulder.  Then they cut him for failing to disclose the injury to his shoulder. How did they know to put him on the injury report if he didn’t disclose the injury?  So, I don’t know, for a fact, per se, that GB lied, but all info points to that conclusion, just as all info points to the conclusion that the GB Dr didn’t push him to play.

GB classified it that way as a response to Bennett trying to get IR’d and lock in his salary for the next 2 years. FWIW, if you and I were to talk about the NFLPA/NFL contacts I wonder if we wouldn’t agree that fully guaranteed deals would stop this nonsense. However, if you were an employer and had an agreement with someone for 3 years and they only last half of year one and tried to loophole their way into the full contract (not a scenario that realistically would happen with Joe Schmo I know) what would your response be if you had a loophole to get you out of at least the following 2 years? Bennett, IMO, forced them to take the low road because there was no high road to take. Then when he wasn’t able to file a grievance and have the attention to play he said/she said he went to the press so he was allowed his tantrum and 5 minutes because that is what he has done his whole career. Attacking a highly regarded Dr. and trying to stain his reputation for a scenario he, himself created. GB would have had to eat the remainder of his seasonal salary without the designation for there to be a “high road”.
GB created this situation.  If you want to place blame with the NFL’s non-guaranteed contract situation, I’d agree with you, but given the context of that situation, GB made this situation what it is.

The players have the right to get 2nd opinions from non-team affiliated Drs.  Once a Dr said he should get surgery, Bennett was within his rights to make that choice.  He was working within the flawed system.  GB then tried to get out of their contractual obligation to pay him by lying & saying he withheld an injury.  

Its a flawed system, but usually one that benefits the teams.  In this instance, when it benefitted a player, GB tried to wiggle out of their contractual obligations by lying about him withholding an injury.  Bennett responded with his claims about the Dr, which I think are also fabricated, but make no mistake, GB caused this situation.

It’s as much a fact as your claim that Bennett lied about the Dr pushing him to play.  If it’s a lie, show me proof.  A bunch of other players saying the Doc didn’t push them isn’t proof.  You can get 100 people to say John Doe didn’t kill them, that’s not proof that he didn’t kill person 101.

As far as the rotator cuff injury occurring before he signed, GB gave him a physical and cleared him to play, so that doesn’t fly.  They put him on the injury report with a shoulder injury, they held him out of a game with the shoulder injury, they li d when they said he didn’t tell them about th shoulder injury.

Can't we all just agree that Bennett is a giant turd
Pretty much

Him and his brother are a couple of racists and liars.  Sickens me when they talk about being a “military” family and talk about how much they respect what Vets have done to peserve our way of life, when their actions show the opposite. Being racists and liars isn’t a way of showing respect.  Like trying to give their stances credibility by bringing up the background of their father being in military.  Their dad being military doesn’t give them extra credibility.  

Glad to see Butler and Jones come out in support as well.  If it was just Rodgers, Nelson and Kuen, I’m sure Bennett would say it was only the white players the doctor protected.  

How do we know Bennett lied about being pressured to play?  We don’t, but it’s being labeled a fact.  It’s likely, IMO, based on what we do know, but it’s not a fact, per se.

GB listed him on the injury report with a shoulder injury & sat him week 9 because of the shoulder.  Then they cut him for failing to disclose the injury to his shoulder. How did they know to put him on the injury report if he didn’t disclose the injury?  So, I don’t know, for a fact, per se, that GB lied, but all info points to that conclusion, just as all info points to the conclusion that the GB Dr didn’t push him to play.
Uh, pretty sure GB is saying Bennett lied about the injury before signing with the team.  Not that he lied in week 9.   You know that though.

And we don't know for sure whether Bennett lied about being pressured to play.  But he, himself claimed that he wanted surgery and the doctor pressured him to play.  And now Bennett wants to suddenly play for NE - so he must not REALLY need surgery.  We also KNOW that GB has an ultra conservative doctor - this has been true for a long, long time....and is validated by quotes from a plethora of current AND former players.

So we don't KNOW that Bennett lied per se, but it isn't exactly difficult to connect the dots.

Again, none of that precludes the Packers from also lying.

Edit to add:   You still didn't explain how you know that GB is lying.

GB created this situation.  If you want to place blame with the NFL’s non-guaranteed contract situation, I’d agree with you, but given the context of that situation, GB made this situation what it is.

The players have the right to get 2nd opinions from non-team affiliated Drs.  Once a Dr said he should get surgery, Bennett was within his rights to make that choice.  He was working within the flawed system.  GB then tried to get out of their contractual obligation to pay him by lying & saying he withheld an injury.  

Its a flawed system, but usually one that benefits the teams.  In this instance, when it benefitted a player, GB tried to wiggle out of their contractual obligations by lying about him withholding an injury.  Bennett responded with his claims about the Dr, which I think are also fabricated, but make no mistake, GB caused this situation.
Except....Bennett is now playing.  Which means he didn't really need or want surgery.  He just didn't want to play for a ####ty team without its future HOF QB.

It’s as much a fact as your claim that Bennett lied about the Dr pushing him to play.  If it’s a lie, show me proof.  A bunch of other players saying the Doc didn’t push them isn’t proof.  You can get 100 people to say John Doe didn’t kill them, that’s not proof that he didn’t kill person 101.

As far as the rotator cuff injury occurring before he signed, GB gave him a physical and cleared him to play, so that doesn’t fly.  They put him on the injury report with a shoulder injury, they held him out of a game with the shoulder injury, they li d when they said he didn’t tell them about th shoulder injury.
The proof is obvious if you follow GB.  They have been brutally, annnoyingly conservative with injuries for well over a decade.  This is widely known and acknowledged throughout the league.  Simply put, it isn't news.

Uh, pretty sure GB is saying Bennett lied about the injury before signing with the team.  Not that he lied in week 9.   You know that though.

And we don't know for sure whether Bennett lied about being pressured to play.  But he, himself claimed that he wanted surgery and the doctor pressured him to play.  And now Bennett wants to suddenly play for NE - so he must not REALLY need surgery.  We also KNOW that GB has an ultra conservative doctor - this has been true for a long, long time....and is validated by quotes from a plethora of current AND former players.

So we don't KNOW that Bennett lied per se, but it isn't exactly difficult to connect the dots.

Again, none of that precludes the Packers from also lying.

Edit to add:   You still didn't explain how you know that GB is lying.
I did explain that I know GB is lying this same way you (& others) claim to know Bennett is lying-common sense.  

We assume Bennett is lying because of this Drs rep, Bennett’s rep, and the fact he’s now playing for NE.

I assume GB’s lying because they gave him a physical when they signed him, he passed the physical (I.e.-no torn rotator cuff), played many violent football games without injury designation, then got placed on the injury report with a bad shoulder, missed a game with a bad shoulder, then got cut for failing to tell the team he had a bad shoulder.  Common sense says GB knew about the injury & is just trying to get out of paying Bennett what they owe him.

Users who are viewing this thread