What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza II: Here's Where the Story Ends (1 Viewer)

What pumpkin beer were you drinking last night? Also for some reason now I only ever imagine you drinking gin. I also imagine you look like the Radiohead guy. 
I really like the New Belgium beers - Fat Tire, etc.  Wife brought me their new pumpkin one a couple days ago- Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin.  Made with a little Cayenne pepper, and thought it was really good.  

I love gin, but seem to drink it way too fast, so I try to have it on hand a little less.  Look nothing like Tom- maybe more like a taller, fatter Kevin Spacey? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the New Belgium beers - Fat Tire, etc.  Wife brought me their new pumpkin one a couple days ago- Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin.  Made with a little Cayenne pepper, and thought it was really good.  

I love gin, but seem to drink it way too fast, so I try to have it on hand a little less.  Look nothing like Tom- maybe more like a taller, fatter Kevin Spacey? 
I find almost every pumpkin beer tastes like cinnamon and cloves or whatever pumpkin pie spice is. It overpowers the whole beer for me. We have one up here though called Saison DuPump (play on Saison Dupont), that gets the balance absolutely perfect, something about the saison yeast, pumpkin flavour and not over powering pumpkin hits the mark perfectly. Of course, it's $6/bottle though.

We are heading towards the turn and we have currently:

19.  Ren Hoek  - OTC

20.  cosjobs  - decided to skip Ren for some reason ;)
He pissed me off in the political thread. Sweet revenge.

More accurately it was a mental error on my part.

The draft order part, not the political part.

I find almost every pumpkin beer tastes like cinnamon and cloves or whatever pumpkin pie spice is. It overpowers the whole beer for me. We have one up here though called Saison DuPump (play on Saison Dupont), that gets the balance absolutely perfect, something about the saison yeast, pumpkin flavour and not over powering pumpkin hits the mark perfectly. Of course, it's $6/bottle though.
I agree getting the balance is just right. A local place here makes once called Punkin Pie that tastes just like Pumpkin Pie. Its really sweet and filling so it's not something you want too much of, but it just has this perfect flavor. 

1.xx  Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Can't Stop the Sun   (Beatlesque)

Petty was a huge Beatles fan which must have made being George's Wilbury brother a big kick.  This song closed out his Last DJ album in 2002.  It's more overtly Beatlesque as anything I've ever heard from Petty.  I hear bits of "Julia", "Sun King" and a couple of other Beatles songs I can't quite place.  It ends with a nice psychedelic solo from Mike Campbell.

I always try to avoid drafting artists who've already been picked by somebody else so it's nice to draft TP in this one.

Too soon Joe?

Just a quick correction for the spreadsheet---Rapper's Delight is in the shared vocal category, not 90's Hip Hop---wrong decade.

I'd correct if myself but I'd probably #### it up.

Lately I've been feeling dead inside 
Like my guts have dried up and died 
But every night I water them back to life 
Yeah every night I water them back to life 

When I fall down I'll fall apart 
Trade in my bike for a shopping cart 
And beg change from a world that needs some
I'm tired of sleeping alone

Interesting that the remaster of Nirvana's Nevermind leaves the ultimate song lacking. 

Just a thought. Maybe let Butch VIg have the final word, is all, maybe.  

I was looking at them but with a different song.  The one I really want to take, from a different band, is fairly obvious but so hard to picture in a mix.
Forget the mix, if you don't mind me saying. Take the pick; it'll be for the best. Let's roll!  

So we are on @Steve Tasker this morning, and then...

25.  Doug B

26.  Hov34 - AUTOSKIP if not in the thread

27.  Dr. Octopus - SKIP this morning

28.  ScottNorwood

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread