What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

I was hoping the Giants sucked enough to get Darnold, but he hasn't looked like someone worthy of being the #1 pick.
Then you see a TD pass like that and you realize he will be gone within the 1st 2-3 picks depending on who the GM with the #1 pick thinks is the best available QB.

Texas A&M junior WR Christian Kirk caught two passes for 44 yards in Saturday's 19-17 win over Florida.

Kirk did have a 43-yard punt return in the game, but was by-and-large kept in check by Florida's still-sturdy defense. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound junior is one of the best receivers in the country, but unfortunately, Texas A&M's passing game is not a finished product with true freshman QB Kellen Mond running the show and Kirk (now up to a modest 360 receiving yards) has been one of the players hurt most by the slow offensive show.

ECU redshirt senior WR Davon Grayson caught six passes for 96 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 63-21 loss to UCF.

Grayson came through with a four-yard touchdown catch with under two minutes remaining in the first half. That merely drew the Pirates to within 35-14. There would be no surprise comeback after halftime. ECU is one of the worst teams in the FBS, but that hasn't stopped Grayson from chugging along for respectable numbers. He's the owner of a 37-631-6 receiving line through seven games.

Alabama junior RB Damien Harris rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns on nine carries in Saturday's blowout win over Arkansas.

Harris (5'11/211) started out the game in high style, busting downfield for a 75-yard touchdown run on the first offensive play of the contest. He would go on to score from four yards out just eight minutes later. All of this fine work took on a dark shade in the second half, though, as Harris was forced out due to a leg injury. The extent of that injury is not yet known. While Alabama has a slew of talent at running back, Harris has been the mainstay on that front and any extended loss would force the Tide to lean harder on Bo Scarbrough, Joshua Jacobs and Najee Harris. The junior's status for next weekend's game against Tennessee should clarify over the course of the practice week.

Oct 14 - 10:48 PM

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen completed 18-of-26 passes for 208 yards, a touchdown and an interception in Saturday's 28-23 win over Utah State.

Allen also rushed for 36 yards and a score in the victory. His lone touchdown pass of the game was a big one, as he hit C.J. Johnson for a 25-yard score with just under four minutes remaining to give Wyoming a 26-23 lead. The Cowboys would secure a safety before the end of the contest to provide the final margin of victory. While Allen has been held to fewer than 220 yards passing in five of six games this season, scouts remain keen on his immense athletic upside for the next level. Allen can only do so much with limited talent around him.

Jello_Biafra said:
I was hoping the Giants sucked enough to get Darnold, but he hasn't looked like someone worthy of being the #1 pick.
Darnold, Allen and Rosen will all go within the first 5 picks.

USC QB Sam Darnold remains Todd McShay's No. 1 prospect in the 2018 class.

McShay states Darnold's higher interception total in 2017 versus 2016 has not shifted his evaluation because Darnold "simply makes plays when it matters." The Trojans quarterback is receiving a few of the same statements as Jameis Winston during his final season, since Winston repeatedly forced passes that weren't there which led to turnovers. Darnold (and Trojans beat writers) have questioned the playcalling at USC, basically calling it bland.

Source: ESPN 

Oct 18 - 11:35 AM

Last week, an NFL scout compared Washington State senior QB Luke Falk to Andy Dalton and said Falk could sneak into the first-round.

This was before Falk threw zero touchdowns and five interceptions in an embarrassing 37-3 loss to Cal on Friday. His stock had been steadily rising up until that point. Falk is one of the more polarizing and interesting quarterback prospects of the upcoming draft class.

Source: Bleacher Report 

Oct 17 - 3:36 PM

I was excited before the season started that there were going to be at least 4 quality starters at QB coming into the NFL next year, with a couple more potentially sneaking onto the list.  Now that every one of them has pretty much underwhelmed, while I’m sure that some of these guys will definitely be starters, I’m wondering how much quality there is going to be.

I was excited before the season started that there were going to be at least 4 quality starters at QB coming into the NFL next year, with a couple more potentially sneaking onto the list.  Now that every one of them has pretty much underwhelmed, while I’m sure that some of these guys will definitely be starters, I’m wondering how much quality there is going to be.
I think there’s still enough talent to be excited about. Adding in guys like Will Grier, Mike White and Jake Browning and it’s a good crop of QBs. I’m with you as some have not consistently looked good but there’s some depth there and as the season plays out they will play upto their expectations.

Tex

There is a lot of talent in the draft next year... Barkley, Guice, Sutton, Cain, Ronald Jones, Scarborough, Ridley, Chubb are all looking like they can come in a ball with the big dogs.

is Barkley in his own tier? For the other RBs how would you all tier them up. I know it’s hard to tell without knowing landing spot

There is a lot of talent in the draft next year... Barkley, Guice, Sutton, Cain, Ronald Jones, Scarborough, Ridley, Chubb are all looking like they can come in a ball with the big dogs.

is Barkley in his own tier? For the other RBs how would you all tier them up. I know it’s hard to tell without knowing landing spot
He might be but how can you argue against what Love is doing? Rashaad Penny (my man crush), John Kelly, James Williams and Phillip Lindsay all are making serious noises this year. I’m getting goose bumps just thinking about this class.

IMHO these guys have closed the gap or have passed Chubb and Guice. 

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Memphis redshirt senior WR Anthony Miller caught 10 passes for 178 yards in a 42-38 victory over Houston on Thursday.

Miller (5'11/190) got off to a slow start like the rest of the Memphis offense, but was lights out in the second half. He didn't reach the end zone, but he and the rest of the Tiger wideouts set up several short-yardage scores for sophomore tailback Patrick Taylor Jr. Miller showed in the final 30 minutes why he has a chance to be one of the first wide receivers off the board this spring. He'll have another field day against New Mexico State next week.

Gandalf said:

I don't think so, Guice and Chubb are still right there for me.  I don't worry so much about current production with college players I stick to the overall talent/body of work.  Both have the talent level to be right there with Barkley when healthy.  Guice is just dinged and not gonna be right all year so he's going to end up being the steal next year.  I have a lot of 2018 picks that look mid so I'm just fine with him laying low and letting latecomers jump him in rankings.

Oklahoma State senior QB Mason Rudolph completed 25-of-38 passes for 282 yards in Saturday's 13-10 overtime win over Texas.

This was the first time all season that the Cowboys have scored fewer than 30 points. Rudolph has been among the most statistically brilliant quarterbacks in the country, having thrown at least three touchdown passes in five of six games entering action on Saturday. He figures to be able to rebound from this quiet showing when the Cowboys take on West Virginia next weekend.

Michigan State junior RB LJ Scott rushed for 87 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries in Saturday's 17-9 win over Indiana.

Scott did not start the contest as punishment for his being arrested for driving on a suspended license for the seventh time on Wednesday. He has a valid license, now, and after he rode the pine at the beginning of the contest, he went on to take on his typical workload. His touchdown came on a patient 18-yard run to the right in the fourth quarter, one which gave Michigan State a 17-9 lead with under two minutes remaining. Scott has largely disappointed this season outside of a 194-yard performance against Minnesota last weekend, but will try to finish up strong as he heads toward a potential draft declaration this winter.

Alabama junior WR Calvin Ridley caught eight passes for 82 yards in Saturday's 45-7 deconstruction of Tennessee.

The eight catches were a season high for Ridley and the 82 yards were his highest total since Week 3. While it's nice to finally see the 6-foot-1, 190-pounder receiving a few more looks, he still has not caught a touchdown pass since September 16.

Oct 21 - 8:32 PM

Alabama junior RB Damien Harris (leg) rushed for 72 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in Saturday's 45-7 win over Tennessee.

Harris was dealing with a minor leg injury during the practice week, but looked no worse for the wear in Saturday's dominating victory. His touchdown came on a seven-yard run just before halftime. He could have conceivably had another score or two, but Bo Scarbrough was called upon for a pair of short touchdowns in the first half, preventing a more robust statistical line for Harris in the process. The 5-foot-11, 214-pound junior has served as Alabama's most productive back this season, an impressive feat given the loaded state of the Tide backfield.

LSU senior RB Darrel Williams rushed for 103 yards on 22 carries while catching four passes for 105 yards in Saturday's 40-24 win over Ole Miss.

Williams and Derrius Guice were both sensational in the win. It's the best we've seen the pair in tandem all season. This was the 6-foot, 232-pound Williams' first 100-yard rushing game of the campaign. This was also his first game of at least 20 carries this year.

Oct 21 - 11:51 PM

USC redshirt sophomore QB Sam Darnold completed 20-of-28 passes for 229 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Saturday's 49-14 loss to Notre Dame.

Not only did Darnold and the Trojans get blasted off the field, the future NFL-er sustained an ankle injury in the second half and sat out most of the fourth quarter due both to that concern and a lopsided score. We'll update Darnold's health as information becomes available. He's had his moments this season, but on the whole, it's been a tough campaign for the redshirt sophomore, particularly in terms of his decision-making.

Notre Dame junior RB Josh Adams rushed for 191 yards and three touchdowns on 19 carries in Saturday's 49-14 obliteration of USC.

Quite the statement game by the Irish in this one. Adams scored on a short run in the second quarter and another in the fourth, but it was his 84-yard scoring dash in the third quarter which will make the evening highlight reels. That gallop made the score 42-14 and essentially ended the game with a quarter still remaining on the clock. There's been low simmering Heisman talk surrounding Adams of late and that is probably going to reach a boil this week. For the campaign, the 6-foot-1, 212-pound junior has rushed for 967 yards and eight touchdowns in seven games while averaging over 9.0 YPC. Five of those contests have seen him rush for at least 100 yards.

Oct 21 - 11:14 PM

Users who are viewing this thread