What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

The most hated women in America...Bio drama about the lady who founded the American atheists. Decent, not great. It's a made for Netflix movie.Hap and Leonard. Sundance show six episode first season. Also not great, but good enough that I watched the whole thing. Couple of goofy things about it imo. Basically a buddy type show involving a crime. If you're a fan of the dude who played Omar Little on the wire, including the gay part, you might want to check out... Also played chaulky white on boardwalk empire.

Stupid-funny movie is 'the young offenders' if you're in the mood for that type of movie.  Is Irish so you have to deal with the accents but not too bad. I've sat through worse and I'm pretty to quick bail on a Netflix movie.

jdoggydogg said:
The Hatfields & The McCoys

This Bill Paxton / Kevin Costner miniseries expires April 1. I'm only 1/3 in, but it's pretty good.
Watched this when it came out. Thought it was really good. Not sure how historically accurate any of it is but I enjoy the history of it. Interesting twist at the end I didn't see coming.

still watching "The Crown" and enjoying it. It has yet to bowl me over entirely but it is storytelling really well done. I'm a big fan of the Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor character. He steals pretty much every scene that he's in for me.

watched "Captain Fantastic" and "The Iron Giant" over the weekend too. Loved the animation from "Iron Giant" because it was a throwback style to Disney. "Captain Fantastic" was overlong and struggling to find its footing. Viggo is Viggo and really always very good. He's stuck in an overly indulgent film. Worst moment? "Sweet Child of Mine" at the funeral.

Chappelle stand up was phenomenal. I liked the second a little more than the first. 
Watched the first one (California) this weekend and loved it. The way he brought Cosby into his act was phenomenal, as was the way he brought it all full circle with his superhero movie idea. Glad to hear the second one is good too.

Watched the first one (California) this weekend and loved it. The way he brought Cosby into his act was phenomenal, as was the way he brought it all full circle with his superhero movie idea. Glad to hear the second one is good too.

he rapes... but he saves

You can skip the Tony Robbins date with destiny documentary.  He really comes across as an arrogant, condescending jerk with nothing to offer but some ham-handed psycho babble.  I found his stuff in the 90s kinda helpful, but this was worthless 

I liked the 1st one better than the 2nd, but I also watched them back to back so there may have been some joke fatigue that set in.

Just finished Iron Fist last night.  The ending was pretty meh and felt rushed.  Also, I was disappointed with there being almost zero Defenders tie in.  The Night Nurse makes some vague mentions of other people with abilities and him not being able to do it all alone, but nothing specific and no cameos.  I figured they'd at least throw a little bone in there.  I'd rank the Netflix marvel stuff:

DD2

DD1

Jessica Jones

Iron Fist

Luke Cage (although it didn't watch it all...it just never hooked me)

I'm still really looking forward to the Punisher and the Defenders.  Hope they get back to some of the magic they found with DareDevil.

coming to netflix in April...

of note:

Nightmare on Elm Street (wish they would put the whole series on) 4/1

Tropic Thunder 4/1

Kubo and the Two Strings 4/8

Documentary Now (season 2)

MST3k "the Return" 4/14

Secret Life of Pets 4/22

Casting JonBenet 4/28

I clicked on One Punch Man because it was rated 5 stars and trending.  Watched an episode.  So fking hilarious and killerass anime too.  

Went ahead and rated it 5 stars so we can get more dank anime in our feed.  She rolled her eyes at me and went to sleep.   

still watching "The Crown" and liking it. It's good but never great with me. The problem is Elizabeth as she is written is something of a bore. There is drama around her but nothing within her really. She's the least interesting person in the series.

I liked the 1st one better than the 2nd, but I also watched them back to back so there may have been some joke fatigue that set in.
Im a big fan of his "white people" voice which he whipped out in the 2nd one more often. I always die laughing when he does it.

I clicked on One Punch Man because it was rated 5 stars and trending.  Watched an episode.  So fking hilarious and killerass anime too.  

Went ahead and rated it 5 stars so we can get more dank anime in our feed.  She rolled her eyes at me and went to sleep.   
Saw this as rated 5/5 for me too, might have to check it out. 

still watching "The Crown" and liking it. It's good but never great with me. The problem is Elizabeth as she is written is something of a bore. There is drama around her but nothing within her really. She's the least interesting person in the series.
I wonder if the actress playing Margaret was original cast to play Elizabeth. I was looking at old photos of the royal family, and the resemblance is closer if the actresses were switched.

of note:

Tropic Thunder 4/1

MST3k "the Return" 4/14

Secret Life of Pets 4/22

Casting JonBenet 4/28
  • Louis C.K. 2017 (Netflix original) 4/4
This will be the highlight for me.

of note:

Tropic Thunder 4/1

MST3k "the Return" 4/14

Secret Life of Pets 4/22

Casting JonBenet 4/28
Schindler's List, which I still haven't seen.

Is Trouble with the Curve any good?

Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" is fun but slight to the point of flimsy. Owen Wilson is fine as are the other actors in a great premise. The trouble is that the Wilson's character doesn't have enough meat on the bone as written. He's supposed to be conflicted or neurotic or whatever but we never get the sense that it is really within him. Marion Cotillard is amazing, as always, but that's it.

Chappelle's stand up special in LA. Really very funny. He's still got it. 

Loving One Punch Man!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on Amazon, but we inexplicably watched a small movie called Sorceress last night, I think because the blurb likened it to Let the Right one in. So we watched. And watched. And literally nothing happened, nor did any part of it make any sense from a narrative, visual, dialog or any other standpoint.

Imagine watching an OK, not great looking woman looking at herself in mirror and fixing her hair for 60 minutes. And then occasionally talking to another woman, but imagine the dialog was written by somebody who had never actual had a conversation before, but understood they needed to include some words. It was so bad and pointless that at a certain point it felt like a matter of necessity to see if anything at all was going to happen or make sense. No. At the end, there's a music performance by the protagonist that is sooooooooo painfully bad (and nonsensical) that we finally realized that the movie was essential the equivalent of posting your kids ####ty scribbles on your firdge or FB page as "art". Made in Finland, because the Finnish gov gives money for the arts. 

It's on Amazon, but we inexplicably watched a small movie called Sorceress last night, I think because the blurb likened it to Let the Right one in. So we watched. And watched. And literally nothing happened, nor did any part of it make any sense from a narrative, visual, dialog or any other standpoint.

Imagine watching an OK, not great looking woman looking at herself in mirror and fixing her hair for 60 minutes. And then occasionally talking to another woman, but imagine the dialog was written by somebody who had never actual had a conversation before, but understood they needed to include some words. It was so bad and pointless that at a certain point it felt like a matter of necessity to see if anything at all was going to happen or make sense. No. At the end, there's a music performance by the protagonist that is sooooooooo painfully bad (and nonsensical) that we finally realized that the movie was essential the equivalent of posting your kids ####ty scribbles on your firdge or FB page as "art". Made in Finland, because the Finnish gov gives money for the arts. 
Added to queue. 

for some reason when I read this post i was expecting to look up and see that it was written by @Scoresman 

added to watchlist

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread