What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Marshall Signs with Giants (1 Viewer)

Reggie Wayne said KC would be a logically spot. YUCK. He may make the playoffs but his numbers would be the same as this year.

Reggie Wayne said KC would be a logically spot. YUCK. He may make the playoffs but his numbers would be the same as this year.
Maybe it is possible he is no longer as concerned about his FF numbers as we are. Contender seems like an obvious choice at this point.....however the almighty dollar talks. Baltimore feels right IMO.

Maybe it is possible he is no longer as concerned about his FF numbers as we are. Contender seems like an obvious choice at this point.....however the almighty dollar talks. Baltimore feels right IMO.
My guess is it's B-More as well but unfortunately, they are in a fight for 2nd place and a WC spot vs 2 teams in the AFC-W, 1 team in the AFC-S and Miami in the AFC-E. Also, I believe he would much rather stay close to NY and sacrifice a better shot at the playoffs for close proximity to his NFL Network gig.

My guess is it's B-More as well but unfortunately, they are in a fight for 2nd place and a WC spot vs 2 teams in the AFC-W, 1 team in the AFC-S and Miami in the AFC-E. Also, I believe he would much rather stay close to NY and sacrifice a better shot at the playoffs for close proximity to his NFL Network gig.
You'd think he'd be more concerned about his day job but maybe.  Putting him on the Giants could be scary.  Keep shep in the slot, OBJ and marshall outside, Eli would have fun. 

Can't argue that. If he keeps playing for as long as he says he wants to, he will be on the top 5 of WRs alltime and will sit like Owens outside the HOF for the same reason. His talent is undeniable though for a guy who is not fast.
Because HOF voters are sometimes idiots with stupid agendas?

Must be all about staying close to home and trying for a ring. Pretty early for him to agree for so little money.

I bet they get along fine. Marshall's 'attitude' is way overblown. 
Marshall's attitude is overblown?  Ask any fan from any of the team's he's been on and I'll bet they got sick of him real quick.  He wears on your patience.  You can't only be a great teammate when things are going well.  A great teammate and leader sets himself apart from the rest when things aren't going well.  He makes things worse.  If he was better then he'd probably still be on his first or second team, not his 5th.

Marshall's attitude is overblown?  Ask any fan from any of the team's he's been on and I'll bet they got sick of him real quick.  He wears on your patience.  You can't only be a great teammate when things are going well.  A great teammate and leader sets himself apart from the rest when things aren't going well.  He makes things worse.  If he was better then he'd probably still be on his first or second team, not his 5th.
Bear fan here... I was not happy to see Marshall leave. 

Attitude aside, on paper their 3 WRs may be the best in the league. If they can keep pressure off of Eli they could all still have pretty big years but that OL has to get better

Attitude aside, on paper their 3 WRs may be the best in the league. If they can keep pressure off of Eli they could all still have pretty big years but that OL has to get better
They Giants might be rediculous this year. 

They have a very good to great defense. 

They have two elite receivers and a good 3.

They sign ADP and draft OJ Howard it's ovah.

I think they get along off the field 
I'm sure they do right now.  How many times have we seen things go sour during the season though.  I wouldn't trust either of their personalities if things get tough.  Eli better keep them both happy.  They certainly have the opportunity to be a very powerful offense as long as they all keep their cool.  Going to take some great leadership.

I'm sure they do right now.  How many times have we seen things go sour during the season though.  I wouldn't trust either of their personalities if things get tough.  Eli better keep them both happy.  They certainly have the opportunity to be a very powerful offense as long as they all keep their cool.  Going to take some great leadership.
As a Giants fan I do worry about how Marshall is going to handle not getting a ton of targets

Last year's targets 

OBJ 169, Sheppard 105 and Cruz 72

Lewis and King both took snaps in Cruz' spot they combined for 23 targets 

Hopefully he understands and is ok with not being the man

Marshall will now draw the number 2 corner every week. I think he will get plenty of targets at the expense of Shepard
I was thinking about this.  How is this going to affect everyone's fantasy numbers?  Will OBJ and Marshall both be 1,000 yard guys?  Very possible.  Does this downgrade Shepard?

They Giants might be rediculous this year. 

They have a very good to great defense. 

They have two elite receivers and a good 3.

They sign ADP and draft OJ Howard it's ovah.
The key will still be the OL. Bad Eli shows up if there's too much pressure or even a little pressure. If Bad Eli shows up the weapons won't matter much IMO

Must be all about staying close to home and trying for a ring. Pretty early for him to agree for so little money.
He was going to get paid 7.5 from the Jets. You think getting 6M a year is "so little" for a 33 year old receiver? 

Looks to me like a decent offer that doesn't require him moving. 

I loved Marshall when he was on my Jets, but I made the mistake of drafting him on so many of my teams last year. He had a lot of drops and showed poor effort after the first few games.Then there was all that drama in the locker-room. He irritated the living daylights out people inside the locker-room while they were losing.

I think he helps the Giants as long as he's getting the ball and things are going well. If so, he will definitely be fantasy relevant. Some people might worry that it causes a hit to OBJ, so he might drop a spot or two in the rankings. The hype on Eli starts now.

NYG essentially traded Cruz for Marshall, which should be a decent upgrade. However, Eli had less than 250 yards passing in 10 games last year, including 6 games under 200 (with one at 201 and another at 207). The passing attack was pretty underwhelming.

He wants to be in NY to keep doing his TV show.  Have to remember his priorities.
Definitely trumps playoffs and a ring. The Giants are playing for a WC spot at best. I don't think they can overtake the Cowboys in 2018.

Marshall & Shepard owner:  :wall:

I was thinking about this.  How is this going to affect everyone's fantasy numbers?  Will OBJ and Marshall both be 1,000 yard guys?  Very possible.  Does this downgrade Shepard?
Lower targets possible high TDs. He was solid at the EZ last year and now there are 3 legit targets in the redzone. Shepard gets the 3rd CB. Owning both sucks though.

Sigh - Eli has looked to be on the downswing for a while. But that's a heck of a receiving corps IF Eli can make better decisions and get some protection in the pocket. 

Marshall could be a bargain pick again as he was a couple years ago, but I fear some overhype coming from the experts - should be good for OBJ to have a legit WR2 drawing coverage. 

Realistic numbers for him as a Giant?  If Eli can somehow find his way back to ~4,400 passing yards and 30some TDs - unrealistic to think of Marshall getting 80/1,000/7-8 of that?

I kind of like it for OBJ just so that he will have a potential mentor on the team to calm him down a bit. Or maybe it all blows up and they end up in fight....who knows.

Definitely trumps playoffs and a ring. The Giants are playing for a WC spot at best. I don't think they can overtake the Cowboys in 2018.

Marshall & Shepard owner:  :wall:
WC at best? The Giants had the 2nd best record in the conference last season, I don’t think that Dallas winning the division is a foregone conclusion

Yenrub said:
WC at best? The Giants had the 2nd best record in the conference last season, I don’t think that Dallas winning the division is a foregone conclusion
Especially as nobody knows how Prescott will handle his sophomore season. I think Zeke will still be great but they also had a pretty poor D that was protected by not being on he field much. I'm predicting they have a worse record than this year.

Especially as nobody knows how Prescott will handle his sophomore season. I think Zeke will still be great but they also had a pretty poor D that was protected by not being on he field much. I'm predicting they have a worse record than this year.
Well, that's not a huge stretch, both because of regression to the mean and because by Pythagorean expectation they were an 11-5 team, the fifth-luckiest in the league by that metric.

The problem is that the 4th-luckiest team was ... the Giants, who were an 8.8 win squad by the numbers last year.

I could easily see 2017 being a year where everyone in the East finishes between 8-8 and 10-6, maybe 11-5 if things break right. Don't ask me who'll be where.

As a Giants fan I'm thrilled with the signing. He could go for 700/3 and still have a really positive impact on this team. It's all upside imo, especially when you factor in the veteran/character locker room presence.
You shouldn't be. Guy keeps changing teams for a reason. 

"I wouldn't have been comfortable with it." @BMarshall on being on the #Jets if they acquired Jay Cutler

Same ol piece of garbage. Will never be any different. Just a disloyal divisive turd of a person 

Users who are viewing this thread