What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (1 Viewer)

So you think his last few season were going to be the norm and not the rep that he has he earned all the years before that? Clearly it wasnt because he went to a team that was doing bad and turned them around. I just dont know why you guys cant admit the failure it was to let Andy go.
It was a mistake to let Andy go.I just can't do it. Oh, and the fans did not fire Reid - the owner did. Yes, after 14 years and 4 of steady decline it was time. All teams and coaches reach that point. Feel free to disagree.
Seriously, not sure what failure the fans are supposed to admit. We are just commenting on what happened. Reid's firing had nothing to do with the fans.

Andy Reid was 22-26 in his last three seasons while Chip Kelly was 26-21, yet dirtyjay is still standing on a mountain top screaming what a mistake it was to fire Reid. ROFL. You can't make this stuff up. :excited:
People who are saying it was a mistake to fire Reid are just showing their ignorance. Its understandable if you don't follow the team and only listen to the national media. Like I said, under Reid the team declined 4 straight seasons with no apparent plan to turn it around. When coaches are physically fighting each other on the sidelines, the HC has lost the team.

14 years without winning a SB and 4 straight without a playoff win. People who were paying attention knew it was time for a change. Oh, and Andy still hasn't won a playoff game without Jim Johnson. Maybe this will be his year.
Why do Eagles fans think of Super Bowls as if it is a given? 14 years without a Super Bowl? Team has never won a Super Bowl but you blame the guy who kept getting you to the NFC championship? You guys acting like getting rid of Andy was the right choice is why you are at where you are at.

Meanwhile Andy is in the playoffs, AGAIN. But good decision getting rid of him. But I'm not the biggest Eagles fan so I cant comment.

Maybe the fan base doesnt deserve a Super Bowl.
How many coaches are given 14 years without winning a championship? And if you were paying attention (and I'm sure you weren't) the last couple of seasons were a disaster. Not just ONE bad season. Playoffs are nice - but after 14 years you have to be able to get over the hump. Super Bowls are NOT a given, but it certainly is the goal.

Good luck to Andy in the playoffs.
So you think his last few season were going to be the norm and not the rep that he has he earned all the years before that? Clearly it wasnt because he went to a team that was doing bad and turned them around. I just dont know why you guys cant admit the failure it was to let Andy go.
You just don't get it. And keep sounding more and more ignorant by the post. Just move on if that isn't your objective.

All being said, I'm happy for reid. I also don't miss him
Ya I don't think anyone misses him. He could win the Super Bowl and coach of the year and I wouldn't "miss him" or "want him back". He is a different coach there then he was here, this fresh start was what he needed. I don't know why we have to keep rehashing this.

I came into the coaching research wanting to like Hue Jackson. I came out not wanting him ...

Hue Jackson has had great success being an OC on a number of teams. He has turned all of those offenses, QBs and WRs into formidable tandems. It seems from a scheme and coaching standpoint he has done a fantastic job. On the surface, he has been excellent. What is there not to like?

Looking at his resume, he has had too many jobs and not enough longevity. On the surface that may sound strange, but consider this: Why has Hue Jackson not already been a coach? Why do teams keep getting rid of this genius?

Hue Jackson has not been an OC at any team int he NFL for longer than 2 seasons. How is that possible? There is something about Hue Jackson that management and/or ownership doesn't like.

If this happened 1, 2, or maybe 3 times its an anomaly. This has happened, from my count, 5 times (this Bengal tenure to be 6). This doesn't pass the sniff test for me, I will pass.

Next up: David Shaw. I know, I know ... another college coach, NO WAY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
JAA said:
I came into the coaching research wanting to like Hue Jackson. I came out not wanting him ...

Hue Jackson has had great success being an OC on a number of teams. He has turned all of those offenses, QBs and WRs into formidable tandems. It seems from a scheme and coaching standpoint he has done a fantastic job. On the surface, he has been excellent. What is there not to like?

Looking at his resume, he has had too many jobs and not enough longevity. On the surface that may sound strange, but consider this: Why has Hue Jackson not already been a coach? Why do teams keep getting rid of this genius?

Hue Jackson has not been an OC at any team int he NFL for longer than 2 seasons. How is that possible? There is something about Hue Jackson that management and/or ownership doesn't like.

If this happened 1, 2, or maybe 3 times its an anomaly. This has happened, from my count, 5 times (this Bengal tenure to be 6). This doesn't pass the sniff test for me, I will pass.

Next up: Brian Shaw. I know, I know ... another college coach, NO WAY!!
He was the head coach of Oakland in 2011. He was fired after one year after Al Davis died and new ownership brought in 'their guys.'

Interesting that in the last 15 years, Oakland has had 13 losing seasons. The two that weren't? 2010 and 2011. Jackson was the OC and HC those two years. I agree every position group he has coached has excelled (WAS RB's with Steven Davis, CIN WR's with Chad and TJ Housh, etc.)

Definitely think they need to kick the tires, he's a HC for someone in a couple of weeks.

JAA said:

He was the head coach of Oakland in 2011. He was fired after one year after Al Davis died and new ownership brought in 'their guys.'

Interesting that in the last 15 years, Oakland has had 13 losing seasons. The two that weren't? 2010 and 2011. Jackson was the OC and HC those two years. I agree every position group he has coached has excelled (WAS RB's with Steven Davis, CIN WR's with Chad and TJ Housh, etc.)

Definitely think they need to kick the tires, he's a HC for someone in a couple of weeks.
Good points

However, as a hiring manager you would like to see some tenure in organizations and positions. 1-2 years isnt enough.

THe converse of your Oak point is: If Hue Jackson helped Oak to not have losing seasons, why wasnt he retained as HC? What GM wouldnt retain a coach who could bring success like Hue did?

Bring all that together, something has to be up.

Ive been trying to read up on all this Howie and Chip conjecture. Im currently of the opinion that the Tue meeting with Lurie and Chip was along the lines of CHip saying "I cant work with Howie. I dont need full control, but he cant be a part of the organization and undermine me"

Howie is the business arm of Lurie and his "bad cop". Lurie needs Howie, regardless of how toxic he has been for the organization.

JAA said:

Good pointsHowever, as a hiring manager you would like to see some tenure in organizations and positions. 1-2 years isnt enough.

THe converse of your Oak point is: If Hue Jackson helped Oak to not have losing seasons, why wasnt he retained as HC? What GM wouldnt retain a coach who could bring success like Hue did?

He was run out of Oakland bc Al Davis died and the new owner brought in Reggie McKenzie to run the show. McKenzie gutted the entire staff. Wanted to build with guys he selected.

It has been a colossal mistake in hindsight.

It is weird that he has moved around so much overall but Oakland was a unique circumstance IMO. And I know Marvin Lewis had him in Cincinnati for a stretch as WR coach and brought him back to a bigger role as OC. So there wasn't bad blood. And his players love him.

Ive been trying to read up on all this Howie and Chip conjecture. Im currently of the opinion that the Tue meeting with Lurie and Chip was along the lines of CHip saying "I cant work with Howie. I dont need full control, but he cant be a part of the organization and undermine me"

Howie is the business arm of Lurie and his "bad cop". Lurie needs Howie, regardless of how toxic he has been for the organization.
Agreed. IMO Howie is a huge part of the problem here. His role needs to be clearly defined so he can be held accountable. None of this collaborative bs. Gives him an oud. And I think he's a detriment to the imminent hiring of a coach.

Agreed. IMO Howie is a huge part of the problem here. His role needs to be clearly defined so he can be held accountable. None of this collaborative bs. Gives him an oud. And I think he's a detriment to the imminent hiring of a coach.
I'm not sure I agree with this. People want to make it seem like it's just the buddy-buddy relationship that keeps Howie around and I don't believe that. I'm sure they are friends and why wouldn't they be having worked together as long as they have? If Howie were bad at his job he wouldn't be here this long IMO. Lurie is in these meetings and discussions and hears who has what opinion. I'm sure if Howie were consistently wrong he wouldn't be a part of what they're doing.

Given what Chip did last season to get his GM duties it would be smart money to say he did something similar this season and maybe Lurie had enough.

If Howie were an issue hiring coaches we probably wouldn't have had Chip to begin with.

And not to anyone in particular but this is where I can't stand Philly again. "Fire Chip!! Get him out!!"---Chip fired---"Howie is an #####!! He made Chip get fired!! He needs to go too!!!"

:lmao:

We always need to b itch at someone

Just heard on Fox sports radio Eagles interviewed RB coach Duce Staley for the HC job.

Huh.

ERA link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/02/eagles-have-interviewed-duce-staley-for-head-coach/
Lurie said some current staff members would be interviewed, and since he still can't contact people from other teams it makes sense. Even if its just as a favor to Duce to give him some interview experience. Can't see him being a serious candidate for any team (yet).

I'm not sure I agree with this. People want to make it seem like it's just the buddy-buddy relationship that keeps Howie around and I don't believe that. I'm sure they are friends and why wouldn't they be having worked together as long as they have? If Howie were bad at his job he wouldn't be here this long IMO. Lurie is in these meetings and discussions and hears who has what opinion. I'm sure if Howie were consistently wrong he wouldn't be a part of what they're doing. Given what Chip did last season to get his GM duties it would be smart money to say he did something similar this season and maybe Lurie had enough.

If Howie were an issue hiring coaches we probably wouldn't have had Chip to begin with.

And not to anyone in particular but this is where I can't stand Philly again. "Fire Chip!! Get him out!!"---Chip fired---"Howie is an #####!! He made Chip get fired!! He needs to go too!!!"

I think Howies fingerprints are on many of the recent years miscues. And I think he is definitely part of the internal dysfunction that seems to exist. I would've preferred Lurie clean house. IMO Howie staying after ceding his role to Chip was very odd.

Just heard on Fox sports radio Eagles interviewed RB coach Duce Staley for the HC job.

Huh.

ERA link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/02/eagles-have-interviewed-duce-staley-for-head-coach/
Lurie said some current staff members would be interviewed, and since he still can't contact people from other teams it makes sense. Even if its just as a favor to Duce to give him some interview experience. Can't see him being a serious candidate for any team (yet).
Oh I agree. And the Rooney rule requirement is met. Just found it interesting.

Huh.

Why not? You have time to kill, I'm sure players like him and the Rooney rule is out of the way.
Oops just saw this. Ya it seems like Rooney rule here, or just a 'what the heck'. Gives the guys doing the interviewing a little practice for the big ones.

JAA said:

Good points

However, as a hiring manager you would like to see some tenure in organizations and positions. 1-2 years isnt enough.

I'm torn on Hue. I too want to like him but just don't seem overly impressed. As much as sometimes these risky moves backfire, I hope Lurie hasn't changed too much and doesn't go into 'play it safe' mode. Hue is the definition of playing it safe here. I'd prefer Gase at this point, or McDaniels if he's willing to leave NE.

Starting to warm up on getting a defensive guy in though. Bigboy made a great point about wanting an offensive guy, as otherwise if we have a great offense, our OC is just going to leave next year for another job. Warming up to the idea though of having Shurmur running our offense in an ACTUAL OC role and not just one on paper like he was the last few yaers.

Don't like this from Shurmur:

"It's very important to show respect for ourselves, for our teammates, for our organization and for the game itself," Shurmur said Thursday. "To go out and fight tooth and nail to try to beat the Giants -- that's the reality of it. That's the moment I tried to paint for them."

I don't know anything about Adam Gase but I read this in my local paper.

Is Adam Gase the right head coach for the Eagles?
By Mark Eckel | For NJ Advance Media
on December 31, 2015 at 6:00 AM, updated December 31, 2015 at 6:03 AM

Gase has all the qualifications and recommendations you would want in a head coach.

I'll be honest before the Eagles fired Kelly all I knew about Gase was that he was John Fox's guy (which is a pretty good thing) and really good with quarterbacks (again a good thing).

Since the craziness of Tuesday night, I've been able to do some homework on Gase and of the multiple personnel men and agents I've talked to around the league, he came out as a five-star selection.

"The next great coach in the league,'' one agent (not his) told me. "He did great with (Tim) Tebow and (Peyton) Manning in Denver and fixed Cutler (in Chicago). He's very smart.''

Gase is young, he'll be 38 in March, but that's good. He's not going to want personnel control or provide any kind of struggles with Roseman.

He's also bright, which means he may run away from Roseman. That's where Lurie has to pay him enough to make it worth it for him.

The Michigan native, who went to Michigan State, worked at LSU under Nick Saban from 2000-2002. He worked with Steve Mariucci in Detroit from 2003-07 and in San Francisco with Mike Nolan for a year in 2008.

He joined Fox in Denver in 2009, stayed with him through 2014 and went with him to the Bears this past year.

"A lot of people credited (Mike) McCoy for what he did with Tebow,'' an executive said. "But it was Gase. The guy is just great with quarterbacks. Now, look how much he helped Cutler. If he puts a good defensive staff together, he'll be a real good head coach.''

Another executive, who is rare with praise, summed up Gase in one sentence.

"He would be a good coach,'' he said.

I don't know anything about Adam Gase but I read this in my local paper.

Is Adam Gase the right head coach for the Eagles?

By Mark Eckel | For NJ Advance Media

on December 31, 2015 at 6:00 AM, updated December 31, 2015 at 6:03 AM

Gase has all the qualifications and recommendations you would want in a head coach.

I'll be honest before the Eagles fired Kelly all I knew about Gase was that he was John Fox's guy (which is a pretty good thing) and really good with quarterbacks (again a good thing).

Since the craziness of Tuesday night, I've been able to do some homework on Gase and of the multiple personnel men and agents I've talked to around the league, he came out as a five-star selection.

"The next great coach in the league,'' one agent (not his) told me. "He did great with (Tim) Tebow and (Peyton) Manning in Denver and fixed Cutler (in Chicago). He's very smart.''

Gase is young, he'll be 38 in March, but that's good. He's not going to want personnel control or provide any kind of struggles with Roseman.

He's also bright, which means he may run away from Roseman. That's where Lurie has to pay him enough to make it worth it for him.

The Michigan native, who went to Michigan State, worked at LSU under Nick Saban from 2000-2002. He worked with Steve Mariucci in Detroit from 2003-07 and in San Francisco with Mike Nolan for a year in 2008.

He joined Fox in Denver in 2009, stayed with him through 2014 and went with him to the Bears this past year.

"A lot of people credited (Mike) McCoy for what he did with Tebow,'' an executive said. "But it was Gase. The guy is just great with quarterbacks. Now, look how much he helped Cutler. If he puts a good defensive staff together, he'll be a real good head coach.''

Another executive, who is rare with praise, summed up Gase in one sentence.

"He would be a good coach,'' he said.
Hopefully he's hired on Monday.

I'm not sure I agree with this. People want to make it seem like it's just the buddy-buddy relationship that keeps Howie around and I don't believe that. I'm sure they are friends and why wouldn't they be having worked together as long as they have? If Howie were bad at his job he wouldn't be here this long IMO. Lurie is in these meetings and discussions and hears who has what opinion. I'm sure if Howie were consistently wrong he wouldn't be a part of what they're doing. Given what Chip did last season to get his GM duties it would be smart money to say he did something similar this season and maybe Lurie had enough.

I think Howies fingerprints are on many of the recent years miscues. And I think he is definitely part of the internal dysfunction that seems to exist. I would've preferred Lurie clean house. IMO Howie staying after ceding his role to Chip was very odd.
Howie staying after ceding his role wasnt odd IMO. It just showed that Lurie was forced into the decision and didn't want to part with a valuable asset for the very reason you're seeing now. Chip failing.

Chips relationship with the players is what did him in IMO. You cant keep a coach when the players quit on him.

I'm not sure I agree with this. People want to make it seem like it's just the buddy-buddy relationship that keeps Howie around and I don't believe that. I'm sure they are friends and why wouldn't they be having worked together as long as they have? If Howie were bad at his job he wouldn't be here this long IMO. Lurie is in these meetings and discussions and hears who has what opinion. I'm sure if Howie were consistently wrong he wouldn't be a part of what they're doing.

Given what Chip did last season to get his GM duties it would be smart money to say he did something similar this season and maybe Lurie had enough.

I was not in the camp of wanting Chip gone.

The reading I did was along the lines of no one being able to work with Howie. Its not just Chip, look at all the other people Howie has driven out including Banner, heck you can include Ryan Grigson to that list, as well as the promoted scout in KC.

The saying which read true to me was: You can meet someone at 10am and they are a jerk, but if you meet someone every hour and they are all jerks, chances are you are the jerk.

Who has Howie worked well with?

I'm not sure I agree with this. People want to make it seem like it's just the buddy-buddy relationship that keeps Howie around and I don't believe that. I'm sure they are friends and why wouldn't they be having worked together as long as they have? If Howie were bad at his job he wouldn't be here this long IMO. Lurie is in these meetings and discussions and hears who has what opinion. I'm sure if Howie were consistently wrong he wouldn't be a part of what they're doing.Given what Chip did last season to get his GM duties it would be smart money to say he did something similar this season and maybe Lurie had enough.

I was not in the camp of wanting Chip gone.The reading I did was along the lines of no one being able to work with Howie. Its not just Chip, look at all the other people Howie has driven out including Banner, heck you can include Ryan Grigson to that list, as well as the promoted scout in KC.

The saying which read true to me was: You can meet someone at 10am and they are a jerk, but if you meet someone every hour and they are all jerks, chances are you are the jerk.

Who has Howie worked well with?
The no one wanting to work with Howie was big when we were hiring Chip. After Chip left it got bigger. Than Howie got him and I haven't heard it again until we fired a guy the players stopped responding to.

And you may be mixing the 2 a bit with Banner and Howie. Banner was the one no one could work well with, players included, because of how cold he was.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/01/02/report-eagles-to-pursue-gase-aggressively/#more-3060003

Planning on aggressively pursuing Gase, FWIW.

Not huge on Gase, McDermott or Jackson, personally, but they seem to be the frontrunners league wide. It is interesting the team blocked Reid from taking Duce to KC back in 2013, citing he 'has a bright future' in Philadelphia. Then he's first to be interviewed. I don't think there is any chance Lurie gives him the job, but it points again to how highly they regard him and want to keep him in house going forward.

Hey Mice, what do you not like about Gase?
Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.

Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

That said those in the know seem to rave about his smarts and his youth doesn't scare me off.

Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

That said those in the know seem to rave about his smarts and his youth doesn't scare me off.
Agree that being the OC for the Bears doesn't get me all giddy.

Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

Chicago is 20th in yards per game and 22nd in points per game. And I worry Denver was a top-5 offense based on personnel as much as coaching. In 2013/2014 Peyton was really good, the WRs were outstanding, and the line better than average.

Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.

Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

thanks for the reply.

The next week or two should be very interesting.

interesting tidbits in the article on profootballtalk about it:

Last year, Gase was a finalist for the job in San Francisco, which ultimately went to Jim Tomsula. After the Broncos fired John Fox, Gase never received serious consideration for a promotion.

Cleveland could be the most intriguing option for Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title.

[SIZE=15.52px]ETA: way i see it, he sounds good but not sure he is a "can't miss" kind of guy. hopefully Lurie knows what he is doing. i don't think many saw Andy Reid as a possible good candidate so hopefully Lurie can work that sort of magic again[/SIZE]

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/01/02/report-eagles-to-pursue-gase-aggressively/#more-3060003

Planning on aggressively pursuing Gase, FWIW.

Not huge on Gase, McDermott or Jackson, personally, but they seem to be the frontrunners league wide. It is interesting the team blocked Reid from taking Duce to KC back in 2013, citing he 'has a bright future' in Philadelphia. Then he's first to be interviewed. I don't think there is any chance Lurie gives him the job, but it points again to how highly they regard him and want to keep him in house going forward.
They've kept Duce thisblong. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sell the new HC on Duce as OC.

All being said, I'm happy for reid. I also don't miss him
Ya I don't think anyone misses him. He could win the Super Bowl and coach of the year and I wouldn't "miss him" or "want him back". He is a different coach there then he was here, this fresh start was what he needed. I don't know why we have to keep rehashing this.
Yea. The move was good for Andy too. It was time. The Eagles needed something new, but so did Andy. It was so obvious that not only did the entire team and staff quit on him, he pretty much gave up himself. I have no idea why this discussion is happening, but it is sort of hilarious in a trainwreck way.

I think you misunderstood this. It's actually the opposite. If we get a DEFENSIVE coach, and our offense does well, the OC is likely to be plucked.

If we get a guy like Gase, that means we can keep a guy like Shurmur at OC, and if our offense flourishes, it will be "Gase's offense" that did it, and the guy like Shurmur won't be coveted for a HC job. We get a D guy, and the O flourishes, it will be the OC getting every ounce of praise for our offense.

We need an offensive minded guy.

Chicago is 20th in yards per game and 22nd in points per game. And I worry Denver was a top-5 offense based on personnel as much as coaching. In 2013/2014 Peyton was really good, the WRs were outstanding, and the line better than average.
If you're saying Denver was a top 5 offense based on personnel, then Chicago should have been a bottom 5 offense based on personnel. Alshon barely played this year and Forte missed a ton of time too. That offense had very few weapons and he still got cutler to have arguably his best season of his career. Best TD-INT ratio (by a huge margin), and best QB rating of his 10 year career). Would love to see what he could do with Sam.

interesting tidbits in the article on profootballtalk about it:

Last year, Gase was a finalist for the job in San Francisco, which ultimately went to Jim Tomsula. After the Broncos fired John Fox, Gase never received serious consideration for a promotion.

Cleveland could be the most intriguing option for Gase, who perhaps could persuade Peyton Manning to join Gase for one final season that would be more about erasing the memory of a horrendous 2015 for Peyton than chasing a Super Bowl title.

[SIZE=15.52px]ETA: way i see it, he sounds good but not sure he is a "can't miss" kind of guy. hopefully Lurie knows what he is doing. i don't think many saw Andy Reid as a possible good candidate so hopefully Lurie can work that sort of magic again[/SIZE]
Don't want a 'can't miss' kind of guy. Need to take a risk.

Draft Goff and you guys will be back in the playoffs. You're not that bad. You're just running an up-tempo offense when you need to be giving Murray the ball 20+ times a game.

Hand it to Chip, Murray will be a great cornerstone to a RUSHING offense.

I think you misunderstood this. It's actually the opposite. If we get a DEFENSIVE coach, and our offense does well, the OC is likely to be plucked.

If we get a guy like Gase, that means we can keep a guy like Shurmur at OC, and if our offense flourishes, it will be "Gase's offense" that did it, and the guy like Shurmur won't be coveted for a HC job. We get a D guy, and the O flourishes, it will be the OC getting every ounce of praise for our offense.

We need an offensive minded guy.
Disagree. If the offense flourishes, the OC will be in demand. Whoever it is.

Regardless, offense or defense, I just hope Lurie gets the RIGHT guy. I prefer building through defense.

Another point on possibly hiring Adam Gase...Alston Jeffery is a free agent. I have no idea what their relationship was like in Chicago, but there certainly is a familiarity. Would love to get him here.

Schefter: Pederson expected to be a leading candidate for Philadelphia HC job, per sources. Pederson coached in Philly from 2009-12.

7:59am - 3 Jan 16

:mellow:

Chip reminds me of the kid in the GE commercial that can't pick up his Grand Pappy's hammer. Mom says "it's ok, you're going to change the world."

Schefter: Pederson expected to be a leading candidate for Philadelphia HC job, per sources. Pederson coached in Philly from 2009-12.

7:59am - 3 Jan 16

:mellow:
Yeah, heard Doug Pedersen as well. From the Reid coaching tree as a QB/player and coach. The ONLY HC he's ever worked for is Reid (7 seasons). So, we would be familiar with the offensive scheme from day 1.

Andy brought him over from GB when he was QB coach there. Favre's backup. Pederson started in Reid's first year here until McNabb was ready. Was a HS coach for 4 years after he retired until Andy brought him back to Philly first as Offensive Quality Control Coach and then as QB coach from '09-'12. Took him along with him to KC, where he's been the in KC under Andy the last three years. Done well with that unit.

Users who are viewing this thread