What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (1 Viewer)

Nice part about Pete Carroll is that he will give opportunity to guys if they show something. He's willing to let his own assumptions be challenged.

He will start an undersized 3rd round QB over a free agent brought in to start, and ship off a talented RB who doesn't seem to get it.

Anymore thoughts on his dynasty outlook?
Depends on who you ask. This Seahawk homer doesn't believe he will be worthy of a weekly start under current administration. I don't think Carroll and Bevel will ever fully "open up" the Seattle passing game to the level that some people will want. I believe the will continue to run the ball and play defense while maintaining an efficient passing game. This is Carroll's preference, and will likely always be his preference. I believe this was his way of thinking even when he was back at USC (Bush and White come to mind). IMO you can expect Kearse, Baldwin, and perhaps Lockett to sporadically have big games and more often have lackluster fantasy production. Its not a knock on them as players. I just think its the reality of the situation. Carroll is focused on winning and believes this is the best way to go about it. He's been very consistent in his speech and actions for a long time now. I know there are some who dislike Carroll quite a bit from his days back at USC, but I think he's been very honest since he showed up in Seattle. I believe his players love him for his honestly. I've been very impressed and glad he came to the northwest.

Depends on who you ask. This Seahawk homer doesn't believe he will be worthy of a weekly start under current administration. I don't think Carroll and Bevel will ever fully "open up" the Seattle passing game to the level that some people will want. I believe the will continue to run the ball and play defense while maintaining an efficient passing game. This is Carroll's preference, and will likely always be his preference. I believe this was his way of thinking even when he was back at USC (Bush and White come to mind). IMO you can expect Kearse, Baldwin, and perhaps Lockett to sporadically have big games and more often have lackluster fantasy production. Its not a knock on them as players. I just think its the reality of the situation. Carroll is focused on winning and believes this is the best way to go about it. He's been very consistent in his speech and actions for a long time now. I know there are some who dislike Carroll quite a bit from his days back at USC, but I think he's been very honest since he showed up in Seattle. I believe his players love him for his honestly. I've been very impressed and glad he came to the northwest.
It will be interesting to see their approach when Lynch is done. Being a run first conservative team works well when you have somebody the caliber of Lynch.

It will be interesting to see their approach when Lynch is done. Being a run first conservative team works well when you have somebody the caliber of Lynch.
This is a good point, but I'm positive they will "try" to find RB to pound at the line of scrimmage before they just start going all Dan Marino with Wilson.

I think you are right that SEA is a team built for success by using the run to set up the pass. Also think you are right about Carroll's focus on winning, but not at the cost of sticking to a single plan if it's not working. This is a staff who jettisoned effective players when they feel they had young personnel to fill the gap -- they embrace change if they feel it will result in wins.

They are also sitting in the cellar in their division at 0-2 (both overall and in the conference, with one loss to a division rival). They are looking at a resurgent, balanced Cards team that is playing well, and with two other teams at 1-1 who have shown flashes. I think SF showed they will not be the dumpster fire everyone thought they might be given all the team changes, and the Rams could go either way IMO.

Lockett brings an undeniable spark, and while I do think his upside is limited in the gameplan as the 3rd receiver in SEA's traditional 2-WR / 2 TE set designed for play action and exploiting seams and outside zones, I also think Carroll knows what he has in Lockett, and knows he has to open up the passing game to utilize the weapons he has. Jimmy Graham is the top of this priority list, but I just don't see Kearse or Baldwin as dynamic, athletic, or having the same ability as Lockett.

Bottom line: Lockett may be limited this year as SEA tries to right the ship. But they have to do it, the passing game is a part of it, and Carroll has shown he can deviate from sticking to script if it means more wins, which bodes well for Lockett's emergence later this year and beyond.

This is a staff who jettisoned effective players when they feel they had young personnel to fill the gap -- they embrace change if they feel it will result in wins.
I can't agree too much with this sentiment. Stompin' Tom is possibly onto something here. I think we were all shocked to see Carroll and company jettison players like Curry and Flynn so quickly and replace them with Wright and Wilson. Guys like Giacomini and Carpenter are starting for the Jets now. They don't mind change at all when it comes to personnel, but scheme? Maybe. I guess no, but time will tell.

This is a staff who jettisoned effective players when they feel they had young personnel to fill the gap -- they embrace change if they feel it will result in wins.
I can't agree too much with this sentiment. Stompin' Tom is possibly onto something here. I think we were all shocked to see Carroll and company jettison players like Curry and Flynn so quickly and replace them with Wright and Wilson. Guys like Giacomini and Carpenter are starting for the Jets now. They don't mind change at all when it comes to personnel, but scheme? Maybe. I guess no, but time will tell.
Agree about wait and see, and do agree that it is a harder move to change a scheme that has been so successful, but they are in a desperate place. Even if they don't change anything about their third WR utilization, I do think Lockett has earned the chance at reps and has the talent and potential to be more effective than someone like Kearse as WR2.

To your point, let's see.

It has been said before but I think Ben Roethlisberger is a great example of a QB who started out with very few passing attempts at the beginning of his career. The won a super bowl with a run to pass ratio much more extreme than the Seahawks, but eventually their philosophy, scheme and personnel changed to become more of a passing team capitalizing on Big Bens strengths.

I think the same thing will happen with the Seahawks. They have been putting a lot of draft capital into upgrading their offensive skill positions recently, as evidenced from the Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham trades. The also have drafted Richardson last year and now Lockett this year. It seems obvious to me that they are trying to upgrade the offense and give Wilson better weapons to work with.

Lynch's career is going to wind down in the near future and RB such as Lynch are not that easily replaced.

Passing attempts for Wilson have been going up with each additional year that he plays.

2012 393 pass attempts

2013 407 pass attempts

2014 452 pass attempts

2015 71 pass attempts after 2 games paces to 568 pass attempts over 16 games.

This is a good point, but I'm positive they will "try" to find RB to pound at the line of scrimmage before they just start going all Dan Marino with Wilson.
Sure, but you are overstating it by referencing the two edge points (Seattle with Lynch vs. Dan Marino). The truth will almost certainly lie in the middle. Seattle's pass attempts have gone up in each season with Wilson at QB, from 405 to 420 to 454. I expect that trend to continue this year with Lynch still the primary RB.

In 2016, Lynch will either be gone or another year older, while Wilson, Lockett, Richardson, Matthews, et al. will be another year improved, so the trend should continue. Same in 2017 and beyond. Meanwhile, it is more likely that the defense will slip through attrition (departure of players and coaches, injuries, aging, contract/cap issues) than that it will stay at the top of the league for many years to come.

If Seattle happens to draft another elite RB who can step in an replace Lynch seamlessly, and if they can also maintain a top 10 defense indefinitely, I agree they would then be very likely to continue with the same philosophy, at least unless and until Carroll retires. But all of that seems unlikely.

IMO Lockett is the best WR on the team, and he will be the primary beneficiary of this expected trend.

Sure, but you are overstating it by referencing the two edge points (Seattle with Lynch vs. Dan Marino). The truth will almost certainly lie in the middle.
True. Extreme hyperbole on my part.

Seattle's pass attempts have gone up in each season with Wilson at QB, from 405 to 420 to 454. I expect that trend to continue this year with Lynch still the primary RB.
Not sure I agree here. For me I expect about the same. I see more random variation here as opposed to a trend. Here's a thought: Instead of looking at seasons as only three data points, wouldn't it be better to view individual games as data points (about 50 now)? This wouldn't be hard to analyze from a purely statistical approach. I could conduct a hypothesis test to see how well the data creates a slope greater than zero. Will only take me a few minutes when I get back to my classroom on Monday.

Sure, but you are overstating it by referencing the two edge points (Seattle with Lynch vs. Dan Marino). The truth will almost certainly lie in the middle.

Seattle's pass attempts have gone up in each season with Wilson at QB, from 405 to 420 to 454. I expect that trend to continue this year with Lynch still the primary RB.
Not sure I agree here. For me I expect about the same. I see more random variation here as opposed to a trend. Here's a thought: Instead of looking at seasons as only three data points, wouldn't it be better to view individual games as data points (about 50 now)? This wouldn't be hard to analyze from a purely statistical approach. I could conduct a hypothesis test to see how well the data creates a slope greater than zero. Will only take me a few minutes when I get back to my classroom on Monday.
Look at it this way. How many games with 30+ passing attempts has Wilson had per season?

2012: 3 of 16 games

2013: 4 of 16 games

2014: 7 of 16 games

2015: 2 of 2 games

Could be either random variation or trend, but that would be quite a coincidence if the random variation just happened to go up as Wilson has progressively gained experience, confidence, and the trust of the coaching staff.

Lockett dropped a long TD yesterday. It wasn't the easiest catch but he got both hands on it and should have caught it. It was a beautiful 50 yard throw on the run by Wilson.

Look at it this way. How many games with 30+ passing attempts has Wilson had per season?

2012: 3 of 16 games

2013: 4 of 16 games

2014: 7 of 16 games

2015: 2 of 2 games

Could be either random variation or trend, but that would be quite a coincidence if the random variation just happened to go up as Wilson has progressively gained experience, confidence, and the trust of the coaching staff.
I dumped his first 50 games passing attempts into Excel. Plotted the data and found a trend-line including the R^2 value. Was a bit surprised at looking at some of the data. Will share when I have time later.

The trend line has a positive slope.

y = .117 x + 23.475

x is the number of games started

y is the predicted number of passing attempts

When I perform a t-test against the null hypothesis that slope = 0 I get a t value of about 2.01. That's two standard deviations above the mean yielding a p-value of about 0.03. This means that a positive slope could have occurred by random chance about 3 percent of the time. That's very rare in my opinion indicating the upward trend. However, with a prediction slope of only 0.117 were talking about 1 extra passing attempt every 9 games, and that will have to level off at some point.

Other thoughts about this data:

• The year two numbers were very similar to year one. When I conduct a test using only year 2 and 3 there's a greater slope yielding an extra passing attempt every 6 games.
  • The more I ponder the team situation, the less I think any of this data analysis is worth the time. I believe the team success is the better indicator for predicting Wilson passing attempts. If they were winning, he had fewer passing attempts.
  • Passing attempts per game in a win: 25.2
  • Passing attempts per game in a loss: 29.9
Just more food/data for thought. If I were in a dynasty situation I wouldn't value Lockett that much because I don't believe in his situation. That said, I'm glad he's in Seattle. I think he'll be a great asset in the team's future success. Who knows how long Carroll and company will remain in Seattle? But as long as Pete and company are calling the shots I don't think anyone will be consistently happy with any Seattle receiving targets on their fantasy roster other than maybe Graham. Time will tell.

EDIT: Had the win/loss prediction numbers backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at PFF's data on dropbacks per snap (where dropbacks include passes, sacks, and scrambles), Wilson dropped back on:

46.9% of his snaps in 2012

49.9% of his snaps in 2013

50.1% of his snaps in 2014

60.5% of his snaps in 2015 (wk 1-3)

League average was 56.2% in 2014.

Looking at PFF's data on dropbacks per snap (where dropbacks include passes, sacks, and scrambles), Wilson dropped back on:

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on this data with regard to Lockett's future value.

Do you think Wilson will see enough of an increase in dropbacks that it has an impact on Lockett's value? Perhaps an negligible increase that has no impact? Maybe you think Lockett will be the primary receiver and can be valuable even at no increase in dropbacks?

I think its interesting that year 2 and 3 are almost identical. I'm guessing that one or two play calls either way over the course of two entire seasons was the difference. Further, not shocked to see the increase in year three with the limited sample size as Seattle was losing two of the three games.

Interesting, thanks. Drop backs are impacted by game situation too. SEA was behind far more in games 1-2 this year than normal. That will lead to more pass attempts.

Here's my big question - when does electric talent on special teams start showing up in offensive game planning? Think of Patterson and Hester. Never amounted to reliable weapons in the passing game. But Randall Cobb (similar athlete to Lockette) did.

Here's my big question - when does electric talent on special teams start showing up in offensive game planning? Think of Patterson and Hester. Never amounted to reliable weapons in the passing game. But Randall Cobb (similar athlete to Lockette) did.
I see Lockett as a much more polished receiver than both Patterson and Hester. The team has been raving about his route running skills from the moment he showed up. Cobb or perhaps Steve Smith (ceiling of course) is probably a more apt comparison.

I see Lockett as a much more polished receiver than both Patterson and Hester. The team has been raving about his route running skills from the moment he showed up. Cobb or perhaps Steve Smith (ceiling of course) is probably a more apt comparison.
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I was hoping to hear. Can you imagine getting him involved on screens and rollouts when the D needs to respect Wilson's running ability?

I must say, Rawls was impressive yesterday. Perhaps Seattle already has a Lynch successor on the roster. Part of my thought process on Lockett was that it will be very difficult to replace Lynch without a dropoff in the effectiveness of the running game. It's a tiny sample for Rawls, but it seems a bit more possible to me today than before the game that Seattle can sustain the running game without Lynch.

Thoughts?

Lockette has two routes to value though. He can benefit from an increase in passing attempts overall in Seattle. But he can also gain more of the existing targets by outplaying the relatively unimpressive WRs around him. I'd think the second is his better route to more immediate value.

Enjoy reading the statistical analysis, btw. These forums need more r^2 values.

I must say, Rawls was impressive yesterday. Perhaps Seattle already has a Lynch successor on the roster. Part of my thought process on Lockett was that it will be very difficult to replace Lynch without a dropoff in the effectiveness of the running game. It's a tiny sample for Rawls, but it seems a bit more possible to me today than before the game that Seattle can sustain the running game without Lynch.

Thoughts?
Can Rawls be a Lynch replacement? Possibly, but unlikely. And at the same time, its probably not fair in assessing Rawls this way. Lynch brings quite a few intangibles to the table that few NFL stars possess. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Lynch is the "heart" of the Seattle offense similar to how Chancellor is the heart of the Seattle defense. However, it might be that the team can find some of those intangibles in other players. Maybe Lockett can be that kind of guy long term like we've seen with Steve Smith through the years. Again, likely not fair to judge a young player this way.

My first thought was Rawls had a bad drop in this weekend's game. Perfect pass from Wilson into the flat goes through Rawl's hands hitting him in the chest/gut, then the ground. Lynch is an excellent receiver. Much better than I think people have given him credit for. Very sure handed and able to make tough catches. He just hasn't been asked to do that much of it. That said, when given the opportunity its imperative that he execute. Rawls didn't on Sunday, and that was a bad sign. Only one data point, but not a good one.

Second thought was that Rawls made this team by running hard. He's a fighter in the same spirit as Lynch. Won't be surprised if Rawls gets a chance to push piles in the same way, but he may not have the same balance as Lynch. Lost count of the number of times that Lynch has kept his feel under him in a pile and just waited for a group of lineman to come push him forward. Some of this is Tom Cable's influence on the team.

Final thought is wheels. Lynch is faster that he gets credit for similar to his hands. He just looks funny because he runs with such a wide bow-leged base, but when opportunity presents itself he can accelerate. Rawls? Not sure, and only time will tell.

Wish I could say something more definitive, but really the jury is still out. Making this more complex is a lot of those yards this past weekend were against an emotionally defeated Bears defense late in the game. Tough to say. I guess there's a last tid-bit I can leave you with that's a positive for Rawls. Rawls was a "Pete Carroll" guy. Carroll wanted him enough that they almost spent a draft pick on him (LINK to Monday Carroll press conference notes). I trust Pete's gut after having watched the team closely over these past few years. Pete knows it when he sees it. Enough so that they cast Turbin and Michael out of town.

But he can also gain more of the existing targets by outplaying the relatively unimpressive WRs around him.
I sort of cringe when I see this. I don't think its fair to label Seattle's existing WRs as less than average. Its unfair to judge them by their stats due to limited opportunities. When given the chance, they make plays. Both Kearse and Baldwin might be much more prominent receivers if they played in a different system that chucked it all over the field.

Some might make the argument that they keep trying to replace them with upgrades (Harvin, Richardson, Graham), but that's just the nature of a good NFL team. Management is constantly trying to replace their players with better players at every position. That's how you stay competitive in the NFL.

Hooper31 said:
But he can also gain more of the existing targets by outplaying the relatively unimpressive WRs around him.
I sort of cringe when I see this. I don't think its fair to label Seattle's existing WRs as less than average. Its unfair to judge them by their stats due to limited opportunities. When given the chance, they make plays. Both Kearse and Baldwin might be much more prominent receivers if they played in a different system that chucked it all over the field.

Some might make the argument that they keep trying to replace them with upgrades (Harvin, Richardson, Graham), but that's just the nature of a good NFL team. Management is constantly trying to replace their players with better players at every position. That's how you stay competitive in the NFL.
I've always liked Baldwin (moresomthan Kearse), but watching him I see a talented possession receiver and not a guy teams would want to build an offense around. Sure, if he played in Green Bay or New England, he'd look pretty good, but more in the Amendola/LaFell/Montgomery vein than Nelson/Cobb. Maybe Edelman on an off day.

Turn the script around, and bring Nelson or TY Hilton or some such to Seattle, and I expect them to outperform Baldwin/Kearse.

Would you disagree?

Hooper31 said:

I've always liked Baldwin (moresomthan Kearse), but watching him I see a talented possession receiver and not a guy teams would want to build an offense around. Sure, if he played in Green Bay or New England, he'd look pretty good, but more in the Amendola/LaFell/Montgomery vein than Nelson/Cobb. Maybe Edelman on an off day.

Turn the script around, and bring Nelson or TY Hilton or some such to Seattle, and I expect them to outperform Baldwin/Kearse.

Would you disagree?
Yes

Hooper31 said:

Would you disagree?
Yes
I disagree. Look at Graham. Look at Tate, Tate showed last year that he could be a great receiver in the league when he is the number 1 guy. When he was the number 1 guy on Seattle he didn't put up any great numbers.

I disagree. Look at Graham. Look at Tate, Tate showed last year that he could be a great receiver in the league when he is the number 1 guy. When he was the number 1 guy on Seattle he didn't put up any great numbers.
I think we agree. Apologies. I don't think I made myself clear. When I read "outperform", I assumed that meant ourperform statistically. I don't think Nelson, Cobb, or Hilton would post any better statistics in Seattle than the current Seattle WRs. Tate is a great example. Given the opportunity he showed he was better than people thought he was. I think the same of Baldwin. He could easily be a 100 reception WR given the right situation.

Anyone have a snap count on Lockett at WR through first 3 weeks?

I may need a Hail Mary flex play this week. Was looking at Baldwin/Cecil Shorts types but I'm intrigued by Lockett in league with PPR and minimal return yardage pts.

I like Lockett a lot long term but thinking of rolling the dice with him on MNF.

Anyone have a snap count on Lockett at WR through first 3 weeks?

I may need a Hail Mary flex play this week. Was looking at Baldwin/Cecil Shorts types but I'm intrigued by Lockett in league with PPR and minimal return yardage pts.

I like Lockett a lot long term but thinking of rolling the dice with him on MNF.
5. 32. 22. (not incl. special teams)

Appreciate it.

I just found it on FBG subscriber page and they have it as 58. 32.25. Looks like they're including sp teams but week but your week 1 must be a typo.

Its interesting....week 1 went to OT but still a lot of snaps for a rookie. Week 3 is low but they dominated Chicago.

Overall I'd like to see more but he's been 3rd in WR snaps all 3 games.

Good to see Lockett get more involved in the passing game. 4-58 on 5 targets. Most targets among WR and the same number as Graham.

Still, we're not talking big target numbers overall, so not sure there is much upside here for Lockett's receiving numbers in this offense.

Lockett is on the rise. IMO he is the only true dynamic play maker they have that can score from anywhere on the field.

They need Lynch back....badly. Once they get "Beastmode" going again I think Lockett will become even more dangerous as well as Jimmy. Those three are the keys to getting this offense going (and of course Wilson leading them).

I love this kid's upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lockett is on the rise. IMO he is the only true dynamic play maker they have that can score from anywhere on the field.

They need Lynch back....badly. Once they get "Beastmode" going again I think Lockett will become even more dangerous as well as Jimmy. Those three are the keys to getting this offense going (and of course Wilson leading them).

I hate to say it, but I don't think Lynch is the answer. The O-line is terrible right now in pass protection.

His upside is undeniable. However, in this offense, it's severely limited. They trade a 1st rounder to bring over Jimmy Graham and aren't even utilizing him as they should be. It's because they don't throw the ball. There are too many weapons on that team for them to be struggling so badly and sitting at 2-2. Maybe Russell Wilson isn't the QB we thought he was. Or maybe their OC is too conservative. I'm actually thinking about trading away Lockett while he has some hype. He doesn't offer much in leagues that don't reward KRs. You'd have to hold on to him for years ala C-Mike and by that time he's a distant memory.

His upside is undeniable. However, in this offense, it's severely limited. They trade a 1st rounder to bring over Jimmy Graham and aren't even utilizing him as they should be. It's because they don't throw the ball. There are too many weapons on that team for them to be struggling so badly and sitting at 2-2. Maybe Russell Wilson isn't the QB we thought he was. Or maybe their OC is too conservative. I'm actually thinking about trading away Lockett while he has some hype. He doesn't offer much in leagues that don't reward KRs. You'd have to hold on to him for years ala C-Mike and by that time he's a distant memory.
CMike had Lynch blocking his path to relevance. It also seems likely that he had other issues as well.

Lockett is vying for playing time with Kearse and Baldwin right now. He's already getting a bunch of snaps on offense, and it's only week 4.

Right now, Wilson is getting by running the football a ton. He's smart about it, and doesn't seem to get hit too much. It's a dicey game to play though. Culpepper and RG3 both had essentially career enders running around. Newton was a shell of himself last year. Wilson doesn't come close to matching Newton's size either.

At some point, Wilson is going to have to start cutting back on all these rushing attempts. I kinda think that Lynch is going to retire after this season as well. When both of those things come together is when Lockett will have the opportunity.

The Seahawks have come out of the gate slowly every time in recent years. Every offseason they discard over half of the Oline and bring in nobodies. We are seeing the results of inexperienced offensive lineman who have not had much opportunity to become cohesive. The Seahawks also have perhaps the leagues' finest OLine coach in Tom Cable. Look for the offensive line to develop and find that needed cohesiveness by midseason. If past history is a quide, look for a marked improvement in the Hawks offensive output in the second half, and look for Lockett to be a big part of that.

Traded deangelo Williams straight up for lockett. I'm rebuilding and the other owner had bell. Seems like the lockett hype has died down a bit, but I think he can be a contributor for the next few years.

There won't be a stand out receiver here. Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse all seem to get 5-6 targets a game.
Big game tonight. 5-5, 79 yards and a TD. He's had 5 targets 3 of the last 4 games but they still seem to spread the ball around too much to have a standout WR.

Nice game for the kid, but I don't see consistent production from Lockett. At least not this year.

Kept him for 4 weeks, and then moved him for Rishard Matthews.

Two possibilities IMO...

1) Lockett just misses being a Desean/Hilton type players, but has a long NFL career along the lines of a more consistent Eddie Royal. Maybe a little better than that. Using only historical comps I think that's about what you get to.

2) The NFL's evolution to no-contact pass-defense and ever-increasing passing numbers will allow someone like Lockett (exceptional vision and polish) to thrive once the targets are there even though the physical tools are, historically, borderline for someone of his size/build.

I own him a lot, and am guessing it's 60/40 in favor of option two at this point.

Two possibilities IMO...

1) Lockett just misses being a Desean/Hilton type players, but has a long NFL career along the lines of a more consistent Eddie Royal. Maybe a little better than that. Using only historical comps I think that's about what you get to.

2) The NFL's evolution to no-contact pass-defense and ever-increasing passing numbers will allow someone like Lockett (exceptional vision and polish) to thrive once the targets are there even though the physical tools are, historically, borderline for someone of his size/build.

I own him a lot, and am guessing it's 60/40 in favor of option two at this point.
Would like to see you expand on this. Are you saying he is comparable to Royal because of size and physical traits being comparable? When I watch them, their games don't seem similar to me, but that could just be that Seattle uses Lockett differently than teams have used Royal.

What does he lack in comparison to Jackson?

Jackson combine/pro day: 5'10", 169 lbs, 4.35 40, 34.5" vertical jump, 10'2" broad jump, 4.19 20 yard shuttle, 6.82 3 cone

Lockett combine/pro day: 5'10", 182 lbs, 4.40 40, 35.5" vertical jump, 10'1" broad jump, 4.07 20 yard shuttle, 6.89 3 cone

What does he lack in comparison to Hilton?

Hilton combine/pro day: 5'9", 183 lbs, 4.34 40, 35.5" vertical jump, 9'11" broad jump, 4.36 20 yard shuttle, 7.03 3 cone
Lockett combine/pro day: 5'10", 182 lbs, 4.40 40, 35.5" vertical jump, 10'1" broad jump, 4.07 20 yard shuttle, 6.89 3 cone

It looks like you must be saying he could just miss being a Jackson/Hilton type of player because he 'only' ran a 4.4 40. Other than that, he is on par or better in physical measurables.

IMO he was a more complete WR entering the NFL than those guys, and it is showing.

Can he be a steady producer ROS? Seems like the Hawks aren't able to rely on the run and D as much this year... talent is clearly there, is the situation yet?

Users who are viewing this thread