What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Manti Te'o's girlfriend who died... (3 Viewers)

And some 6'8" 280 pound behemoth from SMU with a 7 foot wingspan ran a 4.6 40 and bench pressed 235 pounds 38 times.

So how far has he fallen in the draft?
Was his 40 time really 4.8?
Officially 4.82
If not for his school (and maybe not anyway), he'd go undrafted. Someone will take a late round flier on him. Without athleticism, the sound of him being a "character guy" rings pretty hollow, doesn't it?
NWIH he drops past the first few picks in the second round.
If he runs another 4.8 you can believe that.His weakness was shedding blocks to make tackles.

His supposed strength was being a 3 down backer who was shifty in coverage. If he loses that stigma then who knows how far he falls. This is yet just another example that exposes Kiper Jr and his system. Kiper as recently as a month ago had him as a top 5 pick. An undersized, slow, head case linebacker that is certain to cause some rift in the locker room doesnt really make teams drool.

And some 6'8" 280 pound behemoth from SMU with a 7 foot wingspan ran a 4.6 40 and bench pressed 235 pounds 38 times.
Margus Hunt from Estonia. Big track and field guy, so his measurables and prowess in shorts and a t-shirt is no surprise. The concern is when the live bullets start flying. He feasted on a lot of weak competition in C-USA and struggled a bit at the Senior Bowl. But he's an intriguing prospect for certain.

how are those sig bets looking now? people getting nervous?
Yep
Notre Dame's pro day is March 26. He has exactly one month to save whatever draft stock he still has.
Is there any doubt that his 40 time will mysteriously drop to the 4.6 range?? (Hand-timed by a Notre Dame assistant coach, of course.)
Teams do their own times at the pro days. The official time may come out lower but the team scouts will know how fast he really is.

Margus Hunt from Estonia. Big track and field guy, so his measurables and prowess in shorts and a t-shirt is no surprise. The concern is when the live bullets start flying. He feasted on a lot of weak competition in C-USA and struggled a bit at the Senior Bowl. But he's an intriguing prospect for certain.
I had money on that SMU bowl game, so that's the only reason I started watching, but that kid was the reason I didn't change the channel. Derek Carr is probably still having nightmares about him.

He looks soft and feminine. Your linebackers should be ripped/mean, like they have been pumping iron in prison for the last 5 years.

Officially 4.82
If not for his school (and maybe not anyway), he'd go undrafted. Someone will take a late round flier on him. Without athleticism, the sound of him being a "character guy" rings pretty hollow, doesn't it?
If he runs another 4.8 you can believe that.His weakness was shedding blocks to make tackles.

His supposed strength was being a 3 down backer who was shifty in coverage. If he loses that stigma then who knows how far he falls. This is yet just another example that exposes Kiper Jr and his system. Kiper as recently as a month ago had him as a top 5 pick. An undersized, slow, head case linebacker that is certain to cause some rift in the locker room doesnt really make teams drool.
‏@mark_may

Any team that wastes a 1st round pick on Manti Teo should fire their GM on draft day
Bill Polian just said he expects Manti Te'o to go mid-2nd round or earlier. Then said if Te'o ran in a 4.71 or better at his pro-day, he'd go early 2nd or better.

Been watching this guy for a while - absolute beast on special teams blocking kicks. Curious how his game translates in the NFL.

Officially 4.82

‏@mark_may

Any team that wastes a 1st round pick on Manti Teo should fire their GM on draft day
Bill Polian just said he expects Manti Te'o to go mid-2nd round or earlier. Then said if Te'o ran in a 4.71 or better at his pro-day, he'd go early 2nd or better.
he also said this morning he only knew about 15% of his off field stuff and he hasnt really studied the film on Te'o. So yeah take it for what its worth. Kiper was pumping him as top 5 so yeah. In the end its only what active GM's think of the guy.

Officially 4.82

‏@mark_may

he also said this morning he only knew about 15% of his off field stuff and he hasnt really studied the film on Te'o. So yeah take it for what its worth. Kiper was pumping him as top 5 so yeah. In the end its only what active GM's think of the guy.
Really? Where'd he say that? He didn't seem to give off that impression at all when on PTI.

sportscenter this morning. some chic was with him trying to offer up follow up questions and he basically wanted to move on. Maybe espn shows it on the website, i will check

Bigboy I will make that sig bet with you.
Sounds good...nothing that will get me banned I'm assumning and how long?As I said before, I'm open to suggestions if that's a "10 uear old bet" we have time.
Just a friendly bump. I will say a 6 month sig.Hows that bigb?
Where did I say he'd be picked again?
by 20good luck with that
Yeah he's definitely not going too 20 after running how he did. At this point he's more like top 50.

'pantherclub said:
Bigboy I will make that sig bet with you.
Sounds good...nothing that will get me banned I'm assumning and how long?As I said before, I'm open to suggestions if that's a "10 uear old bet" we have time.
Just a friendly bump. I will say a 6 month sig.Hows that bigb?
:lol: shouldnt you have picked terms before the poor combine results?
Probably, but its not as if I'm married to this thing...

Users who are viewing this thread