What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

DE - William Green, Florida
Run, William, Run!
OL - Jake Anderson, Akron
I've seen this guy on Deadliest Catch. He's got potential and a good motor but occasionally has attitude issues.
OT - Matt Cleveland, Idaho
If you bought his jersey, it wouldn't look too stupid if he got cut or traded.
C - Garth Gerhart, Arizona State
Is that not an offensive line name, or what? This kid was BORN to play Center.

On the other hand, you don't get "complete" WRs outside of round one, IMO.
False.
Give me more. Show me a couple examples of guys who had Size, Speed, Hands, A+ Route Running, Great Reading skills, and Downfield Blocking ability going into any draft who were taken later.
My point is you rarely get complete receivers IN round 1.WRs usually take a little time to adapt to the big boy game. Lots to Learn

I listened on and off all weekend to the draft coverage on ESPN Cleveland and they seemed to get the impression from the front office about Benjamin that 1) he compares well to DeSean Jackson and 2) he very well will be in the competition for #1 receiver. The word all weekend regarding Benjamin has been raw speed. Whether or not he's a project or not remains to be seen but we did need speed there and he's got it.
The problem in Miami was Harris their QB was not good.Weeden can throw the deep ball and make strong deep out throws.As soon as Benjamin burns a team deep they will back the safety out of the box.That's why we took Benjamin.Richardson will also be used alot in the pass game.I'm very excited to have a true 3 down back that can catch the ball and pass block.There were so many needs there was no way this draft was going to fill them all.The schedule looks rough but let it play out and see how it goes.Anyone that expected this draft and free agency (especially if reports about sdome players tellijng teh brwons to not even bother they didn't want to come here are true) to make the Browns a play off team this year is no crack.See how it goes then try to improve more in next years draft and free agency.

i hadn't heard that about Lerner, sounds unlikely to me.
grossi said as much in his article a few hrs after the weeden pick.
This move was driven from the top. Sources said owner Randy Lerner expressed frustration about the team’s quarterback situation and President Mike Holmgren made it his personal mission in this draft to decide on McCoy’s replacement...I was told that Heckert and Shurmur held out initially ...
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=993

This move was driven from the top. Sources said owner Randy Lerner expressed frustration about the team’s quarterback situation and President Mike Holmgren made it his personal mission in this draft to decide on McCoy’s replacement...I was told that Heckert and Shurmur held out initially ...
It doesn't suprise me to read Grossi basically pin this on Lerner (true or not)/Holmgren and that Heckert was against this initially (and maybe still is).

Just because this rumor sounds good doesn't mean it's true. I just don't buy it, particularly from Grossi. You're telling me that after 10 years of being completely hands off in player personnel decisions, NOW Randy Lerner is in there picking QBs?This goes with every other rumor that sounds about right but is total :bs: . Example: the Browns telling Colt that they wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st. That was clearly floated by people in the McCoy camp.

Round two guys end up being Robiske and MoMass.
If you evaluate players poorly, yes. There are quality contributors found outside of the top of round 1 all the time. How many of them are 5'10 and a buck 70 though?
Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Percy Harvin...I guess you're saying his size will limit his production. That could well prove to be true, and that's what I'm implying. If you want a combination of everything, you've got to spend a #1. Otherwise, you hope the player will overcome whatever deficiency it was that kept him out of the first. I am fine with adding a speed guy & hoping he's quick enough to beat press coverage.

If you evaluate players poorly, yes. There are quality contributors found outside of the top of round 1 all the time. How many of them are 5'10 and a buck 70 though?
Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Percy Harvin...I guess you're saying his size will limit his production. That could well prove to be true, and that's what I'm implying. If you want a combination of everything, you've got to spend a #1. Otherwise, you hope the player will overcome whatever deficiency it was that kept him out of the first. I am fine with adding a speed guy & hoping he's quick enough to beat press coverage.
Yes, exactly what I'm saying about his size. All 3 of those guys are about 15 lbs heavier, which is why they can play 60 snaps/game. Well, POercy can't, but not for size reasons. I'd be far less concerned about it if he were at all productive in school, but he was always characterized as a developmental type whenever I watched Miami games. The coaching staff would say they like him, but he's got to put more work in to translate it to the field.I don't understand how you, and it seems so many, are so comfortable with a developemtnal speed guy being the only addition to a putrid WR corps this off season. If his game is going to translate it probably won't be known this year.

Hahahaha, totally offtopic, but watching the whole Tim Couch selection and process on NFLN right now...Lerner smiling away, jacked at taking Couch over McNabb and Culpepper (and to a lesser extent Akili, who in hindsight, sucked)Rooooooooooooooooough.Very rough. Though they all wouldve flopped here, so who cares?ETA: What an effing draft that was... rnd 1 pro bowlers: mcnabb, edge james, ricky williams, holt, bailey, boston, mccalister, culpepper, tait, kearse, woody, winfield, kerney, wilsonoof. double oof.
and dont forget turning down the ditka saints insane offer of an entire draft + more picks including a first rounder.

One of Weeden's targets brought in...William Green is back...Sweat joins Smelley...and Cleveland Rocks Cleveland.

Mary Cay's unofficial UFA list:

DE - William Green, Floria

LB - Josh Linum, Central Florida

LB - Andrew Sweat, Ohio State

CB - Mike Allen, James Madison

CB - Emanuel Davis, East Carolina

CB - Antwuan Reed, Pittsburgh

S - Tashaun Gipson, Wyoming

OL - Jake Anderson, Akron

OT - Matt Cleveland, Idaho

OT - J.B. Shugarts, Ohio State

C - Garth Gerhart, Arizona State

WR - Jermaine Saffold, Missouri State

WR - Bert Reed, Florida State

WR - Josh Cooper, Oklahoma State
Shugarts is a tackling dummy for the offseason workouts, nothing more.Shout out to the Zip!!!!!

One of Weeden's targets brought in...William Green is back...Sweat joins Smelley...and Cleveland Rocks Cleveland.Mary Cay's unofficial UFA list:

DE - William Green, FloriaLB - Josh Linum, Central FloridaLB - Andrew Sweat, Ohio State CB - Mike Allen, James MadisonCB - Emanuel Davis, East CarolinaCB - Antwuan Reed, PittsburghS - Tashaun Gipson, Wyoming OL - Jake Anderson, Akron OT - Matt Cleveland, IdahoOT - J.B. Shugarts, Ohio StateC - Garth Gerhart, Arizona State WR - Jermaine Saffold, Missouri State WR - Bert Reed, Florida StateWR - Josh Cooper, Oklahoma State
Some other nuggets I've come across while looking for info on these guys:Looks like the WRs here are once again "speed", vertical slot, type WRs. The biggest is Saffold, who is 6'0 195lbs, and clocked 4.36 (this seems to differ where you look) at the MizzSt pro day. Cooper is 5'11/190 and Reed is 5'10/182. At the very least, one of these guys will be on the practice squad, and I'm guessing one could push somebody off the roster.Garth is Toby's brother, some projected him to a mid-round pick.Gipson could be more of a cover safety and also had mid-round grades. Given the state of our secondary, it will be interesting to see if Gipson can have a strong camp and break through.Sweat's stock rose after his workout at tOSU's pro day. I'm thinking his concussion issue(s) this past season didn't help him in the draft and his pro day workout couldn't make up for it. Probably auditioning for a practice squad invite or to catch another teams eyes.

Yeah, it's clear that the Browns see Little as a WR1, Massaquoi as a WR2, and they want a really fast deep threat slot receiver as WR3.

Unfortunately, Little is a WR2 and Massaquoi is about a WR10... in arena football.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of Weeden's targets brought in...William Green is back...Sweat joins Smelley...and Cleveland Rocks Cleveland.Mary Cay's unofficial UFA list:

DE - William Green, FloriaLB - Josh Linum, Central FloridaLB - Andrew Sweat, Ohio State CB - Mike Allen, James MadisonCB - Emanuel Davis, East CarolinaCB - Antwuan Reed, PittsburghS - Tashaun Gipson, Wyoming OL - Jake Anderson, Akron OT - Matt Cleveland, IdahoOT - J.B. Shugarts, Ohio StateC - Garth Gerhart, Arizona State WR - Jermaine Saffold, Missouri State WR - Bert Reed, Florida StateWR - Josh Cooper, Oklahoma State
Some other nuggets I've come across while looking for info on these guys:Looks like the WRs here are once again "speed", vertical slot, type WRs. The biggest is Saffold, who is 6'0 195lbs, and clocked 4.36 (this seems to differ where you look) at the MizzSt pro day. Cooper is 5'11/190 and Reed is 5'10/182. At the very least, one of these guys will be on the practice squad, and I'm guessing one could push somebody off the roster.Garth is Toby's brother, some projected him to a mid-round pick.Gipson could be more of a cover safety and also had mid-round grades. Given the state of our secondary, it will be interesting to see if Gipson can have a strong camp and break through.Sweat's stock rose after his workout at tOSU's pro day. I'm thinking his concussion issue(s) this past season didn't help him in the draft and his pro day workout couldn't make up for it. Probably auditioning for a practice squad invite or to catch another teams eyes.
Thanks, but I'll ask you one favor since I'm severely limited here at work. These WRs, and Benjamin since we are at it, how are they after contact? Little excels here which is why I think if he gets his drops problem fixed and gets on the same page with Weeden, he can be a star.

Yes, exactly what I'm saying about his size. All 3 of those guys are about 15 lbs heavier, which is why they can play 60 snaps/game. Well, POercy can't, but not for size reasons. I'd be far less concerned about it if he were at all productive in school, but he was always characterized as a developmental type whenever I watched Miami games. The coaching staff would say they like him, but he's got to put more work in to translate it to the field.I don't understand how you, and it seems so many, are so comfortable with a developemtnal speed guy being the only addition to a putrid WR corps this off season. If his game is going to translate it probably won't be known this year.
For one, I have more confidence than most people in them, save MoMass. In the one game they actually showed the WRs downfield (vs Pit on NFLN), Josh Cribbs looked good. Unless the drops continue, Little should be fine. Norwood is expected to see the starting line-up sometime this year, and we should be able to play our receiving TEs this year, assuming the o-line comes together. All-in-all, we still lack a stud, but that will have to wait one more season while we fix everything else.

Thanks, but I'll ask you one favor since I'm severely limited here at work. These WRs, and Benjamin since we are at it, how are they after contact? Little excels here which is why I think if he gets his drops problem fixed and gets on the same page with Weeden, he can be a star.
I have not come across anything that says any of these WRs excel after contact or that they'd be tackled by somebody's index finger. They main ingrediant they all seem to have in common is speed...most have reported sub 4.4 times but their averages come out in the low-mid 4.4's. I can't check any video/youtube at work so that's another reason I can't answer your question right now.I'm getting intrigued by this Saffold guy the more I read. Hopefully this stuff translates to the field in a few weeks.For anyone, what does Norwood have (I see one person already using the word "starter" with him) that these WRs may or may not have? He's shown me some positive flashes, but he's smaller and seemingly slower than what we're picking up this year. I think his roster spot is relatively safe compared to say Mitchell and all this will flesh out on the field...maybe I was just suprised by "starter" and Norwood in the same sentence.

Good point about the TE's being on the field more....and I'm itching to see if Cameron can crack the lineup and produce.

For anyone, what does Norwood have (I see one person already using the word "starter" with him) that these WRs may or may not have? He's shown me some positive flashes, but he's smaller and seemingly slower than what we're picking up this year. I think his roster spot is relatively safe compared to say Mitchell and all this will flesh out on the field...maybe I was just suprised by "starter" and Norwood in the same sentence.
He's a decent slot WR that knows the offense, no more no less. But he has no competition for the job, so it's his. He'll start this year in that spot, the offense takes 2+ years to learn so none of the other guys will be ready this year. If one/some of them prove themselves the thought would be have them compete with Norwood for the job in 2013. If they don't then look for someone else in 2013.Mitchell's probably on the outside looking in, him playing special teams will help his cause but I think these guys need to see him as a possible replacement to Massaquoi to justify keeping him.

Get a load of this scouting report for Massaquoi from 2009... I'm guessing Eric Mangini missed the memo.http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mmassaquoi.php

Strengths: Solid height ... Very athletic when the ball is in the air; shows ability to adjust ... Excellent quickness ... Good timed speed ... Shows a little upside. Weaknesses: Horrendous route runner ... Not tough and scared to go over the middle ... Terrible hands and drops passes ... Pathetic production statistically until late in his senior year (with one of the best quarterbacks in the country) ... Scrawny frame ... Does not show anything in terms of YAC despite great athleticism ... Did not improve much over college career in terms of technique ... Does not play hard ... Does not attack the football ... Does not show a love for the game on the field ... Not going to block. Summary: I think anyone who rates this player as a second- or third-round guy needs to get a CAT scan. He has no football skills. He really did not produce until late in his senior year, and that is too late for me considering he has a top-three draft pick at quarterback. Outside chance he gets drafted in Rounds 3 or 4 (hey, if Jerome Simpson can go in round 2...), but I would not even spend a draft pick on him. He does not show many football skills. Massaquoi has bust written all over him. Player Comparison: Freddie Mitchell. I will be completely shocked if Massaquoi lasts more than three years in the league, or does anything statistically.
I think Massaquoi killed this guy's dog :lol:

I'm not talking about the guys on knr and the fan, I'm talking about the sources/scouts every media outlet has pulled in throughout the last 9 months and especially this weekend. Find me more than one outside of Cleveland that says these guys were top 200 players. I'd love to read it.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're not buying this report:http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=1019
Source: John Hughes Was a Hot CommodityWhen the Browns selected Cincinnati defensive tackle John Hughes with the 87th pick in the third round, many people felt as though he could have been claimed later in the draft. Most draft “experts” had Hughes with a 6th, 7th, or undrafted free agent grade.A league source tells ESPN Cleveland that Hughes would have been selected before the end of the 3rd round if the Browns had not selected him. The source said that Hughes had been fielding calls from multiple teams indicating they would select him with their third round pick. The Browns just pulled the trigger first.General Manager Tom Heckert said that the Browns were ready to select Hughes at #67, but opted to trade back to #87 and acquire another 4th round pick to replace the one they traded to Minnesota to move up and select Trent Richardson. The Browns had to wait a whole hour to find out if their gamble paid off.“To be honest, we were holding our breath there a little bit,” said Heckert. “I was getting a little concerned I shouldn’t have made the trade but it came down to John was still there. I was questioning myself there.”It seems as though Heckert had a right to be concerned. The source also said the New Orleans Saints, who owned the #89 pick in the draft, were going to take Hughes if he was there. The Saints ended up selecting Regina defensive lineman Akiem Hicks, who is almost the exact same size as Hughes.Defensive coordinator **** Jauron likes to use an eight man rotation on the defensive line. Last year, that rotation included Brian Shaefering and Scott Paxson. After drafting Hughes and then Billy Winn in the sixth round, it looks as though they have made a significant upgrade to the rotation that struggled against the run last season.As all picks, only time will tell whether or not the Hughes was worth a third round selection. If he becomes part of a dominant D-Line, he was most likely worth it. If the line continues to struggle against the run, Heckert will be questioned about the pick for years to come.

I'm not talking about the guys on knr and the fan, I'm talking about the sources/scouts every media outlet has pulled in throughout the last 9 months and especially this weekend. Find me more than one outside of Cleveland that says these guys were top 200 players. I'd love to read it.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're not buying this report:http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=1019
Source: John Hughes Was a Hot CommodityWhen the Browns selected Cincinnati defensive tackle John Hughes with the 87th pick in the third round, many people felt as though he could have been claimed later in the draft. Most draft “experts” had Hughes with a 6th, 7th, or undrafted free agent grade.A league source tells ESPN Cleveland that Hughes would have been selected before the end of the 3rd round if the Browns had not selected him. The source said that Hughes had been fielding calls from multiple teams indicating they would select him with their third round pick. The Browns just pulled the trigger first.General Manager Tom Heckert said that the Browns were ready to select Hughes at #67, but opted to trade back to #87 and acquire another 4th round pick to replace the one they traded to Minnesota to move up and select Trent Richardson. The Browns had to wait a whole hour to find out if their gamble paid off.“To be honest, we were holding our breath there a little bit,” said Heckert. “I was getting a little concerned I shouldn’t have made the trade but it came down to John was still there. I was questioning myself there.”It seems as though Heckert had a right to be concerned. The source also said the New Orleans Saints, who owned the #89 pick in the draft, were going to take Hughes if he was there. The Saints ended up selecting Regina defensive lineman Akiem Hicks, who is almost the exact same size as Hughes.Defensive coordinator **** Jauron likes to use an eight man rotation on the defensive line. Last year, that rotation included Brian Shaefering and Scott Paxson. After drafting Hughes and then Billy Winn in the sixth round, it looks as though they have made a significant upgrade to the rotation that struggled against the run last season.As all picks, only time will tell whether or not the Hughes was worth a third round selection. If he becomes part of a dominant D-Line, he was most likely worth it. If the line continues to struggle against the run, Heckert will be questioned about the pick for years to come.
True or not, I think it's funny that Hughes didn't even invite his family over to watch until Saturday, figuring he wouldn't go before then.

Yeah, it's clear that the Browns see Little as a WR1, Massaquoi as a WR2, and they want a really fast deep threat slot receiver as WR3.

Unfortunately, Little is a WR2 and Massaquoi is about a WR10... in arena football.
:goodposting:
What is convincing you guys that Little is "WR2"? I see the potential that he could be the best WR on a winning team. Most teams have nothing close to a Calvin Johnson or a Larry Fitzgerald.

What is convincing you guys that Little is "WR2"? I see the potential that he could be the best WR on a winning team. Most teams have nothing close to a Calvin Johnson or a Larry Fitzgerald.
Key word, potential. This is his put or shut up year. If he steps up, then yes, he can be that guy and warrant a new contract after 2013. If not WR will probably be priority #1 next year. It may/should anyway, but it certainly will if Little continues to falter.

1. Poor hands2. Very little YAC

3. Doesn't have elite speed

Sounds like a WR2 to me. He has potential, no doubt, but some of it will go unrealized because of his limitations. He reminds me of Mike Williams of Tampa... potential to be great, but at the end of the day he's best suited as a WR2.

1. Poor hands2. Very little YAC

3. Doesn't have elite speed

Sounds like a WR2 to me. He has potential, no doubt, but some of it will go unrealized because of his limitations. He reminds me of Mike Williams of Tampa... potential to be great, but at the end of the day he's best suited as a WR2.
I understand what you guys are saying for sure. I want another starting WR regardless of what happens with Little. It's actually paramount for the Browns to become more successful. I just question the WR1/WR2 talk...unless you get lucky or the top draft pick pans out, just about every WR in the NFL is better suited for a WR2/WR3 role. We need someone to fit in with what we already have (which isn't much), which is why we're bringing in all this speed. Do the Steelers and Ravens have WR1's? What about NE or NO? Philly? I don't think any of them have a true WR1 and yet they are very successful.

Key word, potential. This is his put or shut up year. If he steps up, then yes, he can be that guy and warrant a new contract after 2013. If not WR will probably be priority #1 next year. It may/should anyway, but it certainly will if Little continues to falter.
I don't think Little has "faltered" so far. Not even close. Maybe that's part of why we are looking at this differently, yet the same in some respect.

I don't think Little has "faltered" so far. Not even close. Maybe that's part of why we are looking at this differently, yet the same in some respect.
I meant he can't play like he did last year. I expected him to do what he did last year - some flashes, lots of mistakes (drops and routes) but less as the season went on. If he has another season like he did last year then we're looking at more of a WR2/3 type, if he continues to develop then he is a mainstay on the outside. He just needs a dance partner.

I meant he can't play like he did last year. I expected him to do what he did last year - some flashes, lots of mistakes (drops and routes) but less as the season went on. If he has another season like he did last year then we're looking at more of a WR2/3 type, if he continues to develop then he is a mainstay on the outside. He just needs a dance partner.
Sure he had some drops. He also had 60 catches in a putrid offense with an erratic QB. S.i.x.t.y. That's pretty effin good for any rookie on any team. At least he can apparently get himself open.And I'm thinking having a QB able to hit him in stride rather than coming to a complete stop would help his YAC significantly.

Seneca Wallace on mentoring Brandon Weeden:http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/05/cleveland_browns_qb_seneca_wal_4.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cleveland Browns QB Seneca Wallace tells station: "I'm more than willing to mentor Brandon Weeden''Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace told 92.3 FM The Fan today that it's a misconception that he's not willing to mentor young teammates and that he'd be more than happy to help rookie Brandon Weeden get ready to start the season. "I know my job going into my 10th season of being in this offense is to prepare Brandon Weeden to get him right and make sure he's ready to go for day one,'' he said. "This is a different beast. This is a first-rounder that we drafted, 22nd overall and from a business standpoint you know and everybody else knows and outsiders know that this kid's got to play. My job as a veteran guy is to make sure he's ready to play.'' Wallace said his comments to The Fan last season that he's "not a mentor'' and that mentoring is not his thing, were specific to the situation he was in. "I would love to address that,'' he said. "That is not the case. Last year going into the season, there was an open competition with me and Colt Mccoy. I said if Colt was to ask me about anything I had related to the West Coast system, I was willing to do that for him. "The competitor that I am, I still wanted to go out and play the sport and play in the West Coast system and try to earn a spot to be the starter. I couldn't give him all of my tips. I didn't want to give them all away, but if he asked, I was willing to help. "Once we got into the season, and the season evolved and he was the guy, when he asked me for any type of 'hey, what's my drop here, what do I gotta do here?' I was willing to help him on that. It's not that I don't want to help anybody else or nothing like that, but that was a different situation. "Going into 2012 now, with Brandon Weeden coming in, he's a first-round draft pick. We all know the business side of it and you're going to see that guy play if it's week one or week seven, he's going to be playing.'' Wallace said the perception that he's not a team player is inaccurate. "People looking at me and saying that he doesn't want to mentor, no, I'm more than willing,'' he said. "I've been a team guy for 10 years. There's never been a knock on me not being a team guy. I actually caught a ball from Colt McCoy this past season. It's not that I'm not a team guy and don't want to help out. At the same time, going into the season, I have to prepare myself to be ready to play in the event (someone gets hurt).'' Wallace said he doesn't know how it will work out with him, McCoy and Weeden on the roster. The Browns also really like developmental quarterback Thad Lewis."I don't know,'' he said. "That's a sticky situation. Colt was the starter and now they bring another kid in to pretty much replace me and Colt, so you never know what kind of reaction you're gong to get. It's just a sticky situation and I'm sure management here in Cleveland will make sure they make the right decision.'' He stressed that his role would be different this year and he's ready for it.
Translation: please don't cut me and my $2.5 million salary.

Seneca Wallace on mentoring Brandon Weeden:http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/05/cleveland_browns_qb_seneca_wal_4.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cleveland Browns QB Seneca Wallace tells station: "I'm more than willing to mentor Brandon Weeden''Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace told 92.3 FM The Fan today that it's a misconception that he's not willing to mentor young teammates and that he'd be more than happy to help rookie Brandon Weeden get ready to start the season. "I know my job going into my 10th season of being in this offense is to prepare Brandon Weeden to get him right and make sure he's ready to go for day one,'' he said. "This is a different beast. This is a first-rounder that we drafted, 22nd overall and from a business standpoint you know and everybody else knows and outsiders know that this kid's got to play. My job as a veteran guy is to make sure he's ready to play.'' Wallace said his comments to The Fan last season that he's "not a mentor'' and that mentoring is not his thing, were specific to the situation he was in. "I would love to address that,'' he said. "That is not the case. Last year going into the season, there was an open competition with me and Colt Mccoy. I said if Colt was to ask me about anything I had related to the West Coast system, I was willing to do that for him. "The competitor that I am, I still wanted to go out and play the sport and play in the West Coast system and try to earn a spot to be the starter. I couldn't give him all of my tips. I didn't want to give them all away, but if he asked, I was willing to help. "Once we got into the season, and the season evolved and he was the guy, when he asked me for any type of 'hey, what's my drop here, what do I gotta do here?' I was willing to help him on that. It's not that I don't want to help anybody else or nothing like that, but that was a different situation. "Going into 2012 now, with Brandon Weeden coming in, he's a first-round draft pick. We all know the business side of it and you're going to see that guy play if it's week one or week seven, he's going to be playing.'' Wallace said the perception that he's not a team player is inaccurate. "People looking at me and saying that he doesn't want to mentor, no, I'm more than willing,'' he said. "I've been a team guy for 10 years. There's never been a knock on me not being a team guy. I actually caught a ball from Colt McCoy this past season. It's not that I'm not a team guy and don't want to help out. At the same time, going into the season, I have to prepare myself to be ready to play in the event (someone gets hurt).'' Wallace said he doesn't know how it will work out with him, McCoy and Weeden on the roster. The Browns also really like developmental quarterback Thad Lewis."I don't know,'' he said. "That's a sticky situation. Colt was the starter and now they bring another kid in to pretty much replace me and Colt, so you never know what kind of reaction you're gong to get. It's just a sticky situation and I'm sure management here in Cleveland will make sure they make the right decision.'' He stressed that his role would be different this year and he's ready for it.
Wallace can kiss my lilly white ###, #### him

'nxmehta said:
Seneca Wallace on mentoring Brandon Weeden:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/05/cleveland_browns_qb_seneca_wal_4.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cleveland Browns QB Seneca Wallace tells station: "I'm more than willing to mentor Brandon Weeden''

Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace told 92.3 FM The Fan today that it's a misconception that he's not willing to mentor young teammates and that he'd be more than happy to help rookie Brandon Weeden get ready to start the season.

"I know my job going into my 10th season of being in this offense is to prepare Brandon Weeden to get him right and make sure he's ready to go for day one,'' he said. "This is a different beast. This is a first-rounder that we drafted, 22nd overall and from a business standpoint you know and everybody else knows and outsiders know that this kid's got to play. My job as a veteran guy is to make sure he's ready to play.''

Wallace said his comments to The Fan last season that he's "not a mentor'' and that mentoring is not his thing, were specific to the situation he was in.

"I would love to address that,'' he said. "That is not the case. Last year going into the season, there was an open competition with me and Colt Mccoy. I said if Colt was to ask me about anything I had related to the West Coast system, I was willing to do that for him.

"The competitor that I am, I still wanted to go out and play the sport and play in the West Coast system and try to earn a spot to be the starter. I couldn't give him all of my tips. I didn't want to give them all away, but if he asked, I was willing to help.

"Once we got into the season, and the season evolved and he was the guy, when he asked me for any type of 'hey, what's my drop here, what do I gotta do here?' I was willing to help him on that. It's not that I don't want to help anybody else or nothing like that, but that was a different situation.

"Going into 2012 now, with Brandon Weeden coming in, he's a first-round draft pick. We all know the business side of it and you're going to see that guy play if it's week one or week seven, he's going to be playing.''

Wallace said the perception that he's not a team player is inaccurate.

"People looking at me and saying that he doesn't want to mentor, no, I'm more than willing,'' he said. "I've been a team guy for 10 years. There's never been a knock on me not being a team guy. I actually caught a ball from Colt McCoy this past season. It's not that I'm not a team guy and don't want to help out. At the same time, going into the season, I have to prepare myself to be ready to play in the event (someone gets hurt).''

Wallace said he doesn't know how it will work out with him, McCoy and Weeden on the roster. The Browns also really like developmental quarterback Thad Lewis.

"I don't know,'' he said. "That's a sticky situation. Colt was the starter and now they bring another kid in to pretty much replace me and Colt, so you never know what kind of reaction you're gong to get. It's just a sticky situation and I'm sure management here in Cleveland will make sure they make the right decision.''

He stressed that his role would be different this year and he's ready for it.
You know, I can't remember Wallace ever doing anything -- not even the once-in-a-blue-moon, Brady-Quinn-during-preseason glimpse of mediocrity. He's the Joe Bauserman of the NFL.

'MAC_32 said:
'Bobcat10 said:
'Fallerjw said:

:lmao: Took a break to get away from this crap, and what you know? Same old, same old.You have to be shtick. lol.... you make statements, then when people refute them or ask questions, you just ignore them and find a new topic to whine about.

I'll buy any of you old ladies a box of Depends and a box of tissues. Just give me your address. I want to help.

'Captain Quinoa said:
'MAC_32 said:
'Bobcat10 said:
'MAC_32 said:
'Bobcat10 said:
'Fallerjw said:

Sure he had some drops. He also had 60 catches in a putrid offense with an erratic QB. S.i.x.t.y. That's pretty effin good for any rookie on any team. At least he can apparently get himself open.And I'm thinking having a QB able to hit him in stride rather than coming to a complete stop would help his YAC significantly.
:goodposting: Nxmehta and Mac32 complain about everything. Putting a bunch of these guys on ignore until they unbunch their panties. Don't forget that Little was a RB converted to WR in college, and then missed his senior season. I know Little should've had 90 receptions, 1,300 yards and 12 TDs being a rookie WR in a powerhouse offense, but I've heard that rookies take some time.

'amnesiac said:
'Captain Quinoa said:
And I'm thinking having a QB able to hit him in stride rather than coming to a complete stop would help his YAC significantly.
this was Colt's biggest problem last year imo. likely what the Browns saw as well.
I agree. I think all the hits took a toll on him and he started getting rid of the ball early. No doubt he was aiming at times, but man, that right side of the line was Swiss cheese.I say keep Colt. IMO, he'd be one of the better back-ups in the league. The price is right. He might have to start a few games this year as well. New RB, QB, and RT, plus Weeden has to learn an entirely new offense. No doubt that Weeden needs to start this season, but no need to throw him out there if the new pieces on offense aren't clicking or if he's not ready game 1.

'nxmehta said:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/05/cleveland_browns_qb_seneca_wal_4.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cleveland Browns QB Seneca Wallace tells station: "I'm more than willing to mentor Brandon Weeden''

Browns quarterback Seneca Wallace told 92.3 FM The Fan today that it's a misconception that he's not willing to mentor young teammates and that he'd be more than happy to help rookie Brandon Weeden get ready to start the season.

"I know my job going into my 10th season of being in this offense is to prepare Brandon Weeden to get him right and make sure he's ready to go for day one,'' he said. "This is a different beast. This is a first-rounder that we drafted, 22nd overall and from a business standpoint you know and everybody else knows and outsiders know that this kid's got to play. My job as a veteran guy is to make sure he's ready to play.''

Wallace said his comments to The Fan last season that he's "not a mentor'' and that mentoring is not his thing, were specific to the situation he was in.

"I would love to address that,'' he said. "That is not the case. Last year going into the season, there was an open competition with me and Colt Mccoy. I said if Colt was to ask me about anything I had related to the West Coast system, I was willing to do that for him.

"The competitor that I am, I still wanted to go out and play the sport and play in the West Coast system and try to earn a spot to be the starter. I couldn't give him all of my tips. I didn't want to give them all away, but if he asked, I was willing to help.

"Once we got into the season, and the season evolved and he was the guy, when he asked me for any type of 'hey, what's my drop here, what do I gotta do here?' I was willing to help him on that. It's not that I don't want to help anybody else or nothing like that, but that was a different situation.

"Going into 2012 now, with Brandon Weeden coming in, he's a first-round draft pick. We all know the business side of it and you're going to see that guy play if it's week one or week seven, he's going to be playing.''

"People looking at me and saying that he doesn't want to mentor, no, I'm more than willing,'' he said. "I've been a team guy for 10 years. There's never been a knock on me not being a team guy. I actually caught a ball from Colt McCoy this past season. It's not that I'm not a team guy and don't want to help out. At the same time, going into the season, I have to prepare myself to be ready to play in the event (someone gets hurt).''

Wallace said he doesn't know how it will work out with him, McCoy and Weeden on the roster. The Browns also really like developmental quarterback Thad Lewis.

"I don't know,'' he said. "That's a sticky situation. Colt was the starter and now they bring another kid in to pretty much replace me and Colt, so you never know what kind of reaction you're gong to get. It's just a sticky situation and I'm sure management here in Cleveland will make sure they make the right decision.''

You know, I can't remember Wallace ever doing anything -- not even the once-in-a-blue-moon, Brady-Quinn-during-preseason glimpse of mediocrity. He's the Joe Bauserman of the NFL.
Oh come on! I don't like Wallace either, but I've never seen him take out a hot dog vendor in the 13th row.

'nxmehta said:

Oh come on! I don't like Wallace either, but I've never seen him take out a hot dog vendor in the 13th row.
:lol: :clap:

wait, Jacksonville took Gabbert at 1.10 last year and the Browns are getting roasted for taking Weeden at 1.22?

:goodposting: Nxmehta and Mac32 complain about everything. Putting a bunch of these guys on ignore until they unbunch their panties.

Don't forget that Little was a RB converted to WR in college, and then missed his senior season. I know Little should've had 90 receptions, 1,300 yards and 12 TDs being a rookie WR in a powerhouse offense, but I've heard that rookies take some time.
Uh, really? MAC_32 is pretty negative but I didn't think that I was that negative...I mean I actually like Greg Little a lot, I'm just not sure if he's a elite type, WR1. He's shown some problems that those types of receivers don't have. But, he could certainly fix them.

I could totally be wrong here. Hoping I see 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs this year, that's for sure.

Honestly, the scouting report on Weeden makes him sound like the second coming of Derek Anderson.

He has a good arm, but will force balls into tight coverage. He will throw a lot of interceptions because he is overconfident in his arm strength. Also not very mobile.

I envision the 2012 Browns as Richardson giving us a better chance to win some games, but Weeden will cost us some winnable with terrible interceptions. That will be the source of the frustration, and the comparisons to Anderson will start. Fans will get tire of Weeden because they've seen this problem before recently and it didn't work out last time.

'MAC_32 said:
'Bobcat10 said:
'Fallerjw said:

:lmao: Took a break to get away from this crap, and what you know? Same old, same old.You have to be shtick. lol.... you make statements, then when people refute them or ask questions, you just ignore them and find a new topic to whine about.

I'll buy any of you old ladies a box of Depends and a box of tissues. Just give me your address. I want to help.
Umm. I like Little and have defended him elsewhere anytime anyone has asked if it's time to give up on him.His rookie year went about exactly how I thought it would, now this year we find out if he really is any good or not.

Honestly, the scouting report on Weeden makes him sound like the second coming of Derek Anderson. He has a good arm, but will force balls into tight coverage. He will throw a lot of interceptions because he is overconfident in his arm strength. Also not very mobile.I envision the 2012 Browns as Richardson giving us a better chance to win some games, but Weeden will cost us some winnable with terrible interceptions. That will be the source of the frustration, and the comparisons to Anderson will start. Fans will get tire of Weeden because they've seen this problem before recently and it didn't work out last time.
He has better touch on the short throws, but yea, the rest of his game is very DA-esque, unfortunately.

Honestly, the scouting report on Weeden makes him sound like the second coming of Derek Anderson. He has a good arm, but will force balls into tight coverage. He will throw a lot of interceptions because he is overconfident in his arm strength. Also not very mobile.I envision the 2012 Browns as Richardson giving us a better chance to win some games, but Weeden will cost us some winnable with terrible interceptions. That will be the source of the frustration, and the comparisons to Anderson will start. Fans will get tire of Weeden because they've seen this problem before recently and it didn't work out last time.
He has better touch on the short throws, but yea, the rest of his game is very DA-esque, unfortunately.
Agreed, although the lack of touch was a huge problem w/DA. Bottom line: every QB has good & bad days and people will focus on the part that justifies their opinions. BTW, here's hoping Weedon shows a better head for the game :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread