What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Rookie Rankings Post NFL draft - pick 1.02 (CLOSED) (1 Viewer)

TE Premium Scoring

• RB Kenneth Walker III - SEA

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • RB James Cook, BUF

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • RB Rachaad White, TB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB Dameon Pierce, HOU

• WR Drake London, ATL

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • WR Treylon Burks, TEN

• WR Chris Olave, NO

• WR Skyy Moore, KC

• WR Christian Watson, GB

• WR Jameson Williams, DET

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • QB Kenny Pickett, PIT

• TE Trey McBride, ARZ

• Don’t play in this format

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other (please post who you voted for)

• Total voters
Nice catch @foxco

If anyone wants to switch a vote that you have already made, please post which player you voted for and you wish to change that vote to Jameson Williams so that I can factor this into the results.

Surprising results.  Most shows I watch or "experts" say to take a WR at 1.02 not this crowd.

I went with Walker across the board.  

Not a Willis believer. 
Same. In a vacuum, the 2 RBs are “worth more” imo and the top 5-6 WRs are names pulled randomly from a hat, so I’m taking Walker at 1.2 in every format. And I have the 1.2 in FFPC and will be taking Walker there to put my money where my mouth is. 

Had Walker at 1, so certainly sticking with him here. Thought he was the best RB in the draft, and love his situation on one of the few teams that has always preferred a bell cow RB. 

Biabreakable said:
Huh.

I have mostly heard 2 top tier RB then a big drop to the next RB. Meanwhile 3 to 5 good WR some times more.
In the consensus data (safe to assume PPR) a WR is #2.  A contender would likely take Walker, and the shark pool are all contenders.

My god this draft class is bad.  1.01 is basically 2.01 in a normal year
You really think Breece Hall is that bad that he'd be a 2nd round rookie pick? It lacks surefire studs but I think there will be several really good WRs from this class, love Williams & Wilson.

There is a steep drop off at RB after Walker.  If I am going to target a WR at 1.02, I am likely trying to move down and pick up some value (1.02 & 3.02 for 1.06 & 2.06?).  There is little separating this top group of receivers for me.

If, however, you have a clear favorite receiver in this group, it makes sense to take him at 1.02.

Since this is a weak class overall, it does present a dilemma.  If you grab Walker at 1.02, with the thought you will go receiver at 2.02, realize that the drop off at receiver, while later than at RB, could be viewed as pretty significant after the first round.  Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, Drake London, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, George Pickens, Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore and Christian Watson could all be gone before your pick comes around again.

Biabreakable said:
Huh.

I have mostly heard 2 top tier RB then a big drop to the next RB. Meanwhile 3 to 5 good WR some times more.
There is a steep drop off at RB after Walker.  If I am going to target a WR at 1.02, I am likely trying to move down and pick up some value (1.02 & 3.02 for 1.06 & 2.06?).  There is little separating this top group of receivers for me.

If, however, you have a clear favorite receiver in this group, it makes sense to take him at 1.02.

Since this is a weak class overall, it does present a dilemma.  If you grab Walker at 1.02, with the thought you will go receiver at 2.02, realize that the drop off at receiver, while later than at RB, could be viewed as pretty significant after the first round.  Garrett Wilson, Treylon Burks, Drake London, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, George Pickens, Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore and Christian Watson could all be gone before your pick comes around again.
It doesn't help with scarcity of RB this year.  Hall and Walker are consensus top 2 RBs and then maybe 6 RBs (Cook, Pierce, Zamir, Spiller, Rachaad, and Allegier) below them.

You really think Breece Hall is that bad that he'd be a 2nd round rookie pick? It lacks surefire studs but I think there will be several really good WRs from this class, love Williams & Wilson.
Yeah I think hall is an decent prospect, nothing more.   I think most years he’s the type of prospect you get in the 1.10-2.02 range

i think the wr prospects are solid, no one special.  Once again the type of player you get with a late first

Users who are viewing this thread