What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Led Zeppelin Songs - Request To Participate (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Given that there have been music threads ranking songs from a lot of bands (and certain years), why not Zeppelin? I poked around and don't believe we've done them before. Having people try to rank entire song catalogues is too time consuming and that typically scares people off. Here's how I want to try to do this . . .

I want to coordinate this like an AP sports poll. People need to rank their 25 favorite Led Zeppelin songs in order and PM me their list. Your #1 song gets 25 points, and your #25 song gets 1 point. Then I tally up the results, and the songs get ranked by the most total points.

Here are the songs that appeared on official albums, reissues, or box sets . . .

10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod
Achilles Last Stand
All My Love
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Baby Come On Home
Bathroom Sound
Black Country Woman
Black Dog
Black Mountain Side
Blot
Bonzo's Montreux 
Boogie With Stu
Brandy & Coke
Bring It On Home
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
Bron-Yr-Aur 
Candy Store Rock
Carouselambra
Celebration Day
C'mon Everybody
Communication Breakdown
Custard Pie
Dancing Days
Darlene
Dazed And Confused
Desire
Down by The Seaside
Driving Through Kashmir
D'yer Mak'er
Everybody Makes It Through
Fool in the Rain
For Your Life
Four Hands
Four Sticks
Friends
Gallows Pole
Going to California
Good Times Bad Times
Hats Off To (Roy) Harper
Heartbreaker
Hey, Hey, What Can I Do
Hot Dog
Hots On for Nowhere
Houses Of the Holy
How Many More Times
I Can't Quit You Baby
If It Keeps On Raining
I'm Gonna Crawl
Immigrant Song
In My Time Of Dying
In The Evening
In The Light
Jennings Farm Blues
Kashmir
Key To The Highway/Trouble In Mind
LA Drone 
La La
Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
Misty Mountain Hop
Moby ****
Night Flight
No Quarter
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Out On The Tiles
Over The Hills And Far Away
Ozone Baby
Poor Tom
Ramble On
Rock And Roll
Royal Orleans
Sick Again
Since I've Been Loving You
Somethin' Else
South Bound Saurez
Southbound Piano
St. Tristan's Sword
Stairway To Heaven
Sugar Mama
Sunshine Woman
Tangerine
Tea For One
Ten Years Gone
Thank You
That's The Way
The Battle Of Evermore
The Crunge
The Epic
The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
The Hook
The Lemon Song
The Ocean
The Rain Song
The Rover
The Song Remains The Same
The Wanton Song
Trampled Under Foot
Travelling Riverside Blues
Two Ones Are Won
Walter's Walk
Wearing And Tearing
We're Gonna Groove
What Is And What Should Never Be
When The Levee Breaks
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Whole Lotta Love
You Shook Me 
Your Time Is Gonna Come

Here are some other tracks to consider (live, covers, unreleased, outtakes, bootlegs, etc.) . . .

As Long As I Have You
Baby, Please Don't Go
Blueberry Hill
C'mon Everybody
I Gotta Move
Hungry For Love
I'll Never Get Over You
It'll Be Me
Killing Floor
Long Distance Call Blues
Long Tall Sally
Louie Louie
Love Me Like A Hurricane
Money (That's What I Want)
Move It
Move On Down The Line
Mystery Train
Please Don't Tease
Round And Round
Reelin' And A Rockin'
School Days
Shakin' All Over
Sittin' And Thinkin'
Somethin' Else
Stand By Me
The Train Kept A-Rollin'
Twist And Shout
Weekend

Basically, anything there is a recording of is fair game. Just send me your list of 25 songs (highest rated at the top, lowest rated at the bottom). I will post a countdown of all the songs that got at least one vote. I don't know how long I will accept responses . . . I guess a month or so. I will announce a LAST CALL for any stragglers. If it looks like no one else is going to participate, I may just go with whatever people sent me and get started.

I don't do these music drafts and stuff, but this one I'll jump in as a huge fan of Zeppelin.

Can't wait to see how low Stairway ends up even though it still deserves its lofty status.

I see you have been inspired lol

Lucky Zeppelin arent really a B Side band. Only 115-135 songs? Luxury. I was thinking of Queen next. Madness. 

Will follow along and hope to learn some things.

Cool. I’ll need to listen to a lot of them again as I haven’t been on much of a LZ kick in some years now but they were my go to for a good stretch of my early 20s.

I couldn't even attempt this but wish you well. I hated the guys in high school that listened to Led Zeppelin and it really never left me. I liked them in my twenties as a stoner, but that's about it. 

It's obviously been overplayed but can't see how it's not in everyone's top 25.

I get wanting to be hip/contrarian but there's just no way any band has 25 songs better than Stairway.
I don't have it at #1, but there was no doubt it was going to be in my top 25. 

Most of us are at an age where Stairway was way overplayed during our formative years. I don't think it's been overplayed to the same degree in the past 20 years or so. 

It's obviously been overplayed but can't see how it's not in everyone's top 25.

I get wanting to be hip/contrarian but there's just no way any band has 25 songs better than Stairway.
:shrug:

I tend to think the opposite. If it were any other band, they probably wouldn't have 25 songs better than Stairway. But it's LZ, and they don't have many clunkers. Like others have already mentioned, there are probably 50-60+ songs that many people could rank in the Top 25. Most bands don't have a catalogue that good.

Speaking just for me, I have an expansive LZ collection to work with. I can tell straight out I like a lot of songs more than Stairway. To me, it will end up on the fringe. As a live song, I think it was usually just ok. There are some solid live performances, but even the band itself grew exhausted of playing it (and as the years went on, they got sick of it). I think they played it to please the masses but put forth more effort on other songs. The price of fame, I guess.

Kashmir has to be one of the two songs. It was nearly as overplayed over the years as Stairway, but somehow nobody ever gets sick of it. (I never do.) 

The other one is a mystery. I will guess “Whole Lotta Love” but I’m not sure. 

Kashmir has to be one of the two songs. It was nearly as overplayed over the years as Stairway, but somehow nobody ever gets sick of it. (I never do.) 

The other one is a mystery. I will guess “Whole Lotta Love” but I’m not sure. 
I wouldn't be surprised if one is When the Levee Breaks. That seems to be the go-to "this is their best song" for people who are tired of Stairway. 

I think it might be either "Babe I'm Going To Leave You" or "In My Time of Dying", leaning the latter. Won't ever be considered greatest songs but just so good that hard to imagine not making the cut.

I think it might be either "Babe I'm Going To Leave You" or "In My Time of Dying", leaning the latter. Won't ever be considered greatest songs but just so good that hard to imagine not making the cut.
Since I like riling people up . . . Babe only on 1 ballot, In My Time not in the Top 20 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread