What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** ALL-TIME NBA/ABA DRAFT ***** (Scoobus is Champion!) (2 Viewers)

So would I have finished first with Issel over Dolph?  
I would have scored Issel lower than Dolph since I didn't get ABA the full credit I did NBA so it all evens out for you. Dolph also had 12x All Star and 12x All NBA which was a pretty big score for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow getting Shaq at 14 was pretty amazing.
I was between Shaq and Duncan and decided to go Duncan for some flexibility if I wanted to bump him to Center or PF.  I had them fairly equivalent and I thought Duncan had a more consistent/longer peak. 

I was between Shaq and Duncan and decided to go Duncan for some flexibility if I wanted to bump him to Center or PF.  I had them fairly equivalent and I thought Duncan had a more consistent/longer peak. 
I like Duncan better as well, but Shaq should have gone around 10-12 range.

ETA: and my objective rankings actually had Duncan #4 overall.  I usually put him around #8 in my all time lists, though.

I'm kind of disappointed by the judging.

I put extra emphasis on clutch performance for the pantheon roster.  Yeah, maybe I don't go 74‐8 with Robert Horry playing significant minutes, but maybe I go 4-3 when it counts. 

Same for Ginobili. I probably overestimated Ginobili for snatching the gold medal from the USA in 2004, or did I?

My inquiring mind wonders, who were the 2004 USA Olympians? And why did they lose?

Hope I don't sound too serious here. This was all great fun.

Thanks, Mom.

Somehow getting Shaq at 14 was pretty amazing.
I only had time for voting in the Best In Show Polls, but Shaq just always felt unstoppable at his peak. He wouldn't be nearly as good in the modern game without learning to shoot, but it is easy to imagine him dominating the paint in all eras given his freakish physicality. I think that helped him in the rankings over players that had better careers.

:2cents:

Pretty sure when we revote the post 10s after this playoffs, my team will leapfrog to the top of them and 1 or 2 in best in show, leaving me the winner.

Instinctive said:
Pretty sure when we revote the post 10s after this playoffs, my team will leapfrog to the top of them and 1 or 2 in best in show, leaving me the winner.
Giannis' team sweep and Lillard's 55 pts last game say hi.

With McCollum as a secondary ball handler and spot shooter the lanes would be wide open for Trae is penetrate off those screens/double screens by Blake & DeAndre.  Those two (former) elite athletes would be at/above the rim all game long.  They'd also be a really difficult duo to keep off the offensive boards.  In addition to locking up the best wing, Tatum would be asked to contribute to the defensive boards, which he should be able to do against most 3s and use his anticipation to help close passing lanes.

The biggest issue with this lineup is Trae Young's defense.  The guy can single-handedly drive an offense (Box +/- ~+3.6offense, ~-1.8dedense), but he struggles to contain the opposition's point.  Which is why the team build around him has to be right.  To maximize him you need versatile, athletic players to run and space on offense (Lob City frontcourt and 40% 3ball shooters in McCollum/Tatum at the wings) and a rim deterrent like DeAndre.  This team would lose some shootouts to elite point guards, but if a team doesn't have multiple elite defenders they will absolutely get run out of the gym.  Just too much offensive firepower, each with different strengths to take advantage of matchups.

2010s Final Rankings

16 pts - Jayrod  - Damian Lillard, Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguadola, G Antetokounmpo, Al Horford

15 pts - Frosty  - Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson, LeBron James, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge

14 pts - Instinctive  - Jrue Holiday, Khris Middleton, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki, Joakim Noah

13 pts - Yo Mama  - Derrick Rose, Klay Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol

12 pts - Scoobus  - Kyle Lowry, Danny Green, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Millsap, Rudy Gobert

11 pts - Mister CIA  - Luka Dončić, DeMar DeRozan, Kevin Durant, Julius Randle, Nenê

10 pts - Doug B  - Steph Curry, Zach Lavine, Paul George, Domantas Sabonis, NIkola Vucevic

9 pts - Wikkidpissah  - Isaiah Thomas, Bradley Beal, Gordon Hayward, Ben Simmons, Karl-Anthony Towns

8 pts - Kev4029  - Mike Conley, JJ Redick, Danilo Galinari, Draymond Green, Nikola Jokic

7 pts - Timschochet  - Kemba Walker, James Harden, Brandon Ingram, Paschal Siakim, Bam Adebayo

6 pts - EYLive  - Kyrie Irving, Victor Oladipo, Rudy Gay, Kristaps Porzingis, Demarcus Cousins

5 pts - Trader Jake - Trae Young, CJ McCollum, Jayson Tatum, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan

4 pts - Gally - Chris Paul, Donovan Mitchell, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Andre Drummond

3 pts - Ilov80s  - John Wall, Devin Booker, Jimmy Butler, Lauri Markkanen, Brook Lopez

2 pts - Higgins  - Russell Westbrook, Buddy Hield, Kyle Korver, Serge Ibaka, Hassan Whiteside

1 pts - Modogg  - Lou Williams, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, David Lee, Joel Embiid
Coach's Challenge!!  :green light: 😋

Trae Young changing hearts and minds.  He's already moved up from a final round selection.

First of all, Scoobus cheated. 

Secondly, I mentioned an idea in here of doing another draft, but only drafting this year's players and making up one team with 10 guys on your team. You could only draft players who played at least 1 minute this year, and your goal would be to win a championship THIS YEAR. Money doesn't matter, the future doesn't matter, you're making up a roster to win NOW.

Any interest? I could "commish" but I'd need somebody to set us up a google sheet to keep track of stuff. I'd love to get as many people as possible so we could have close to real rosters, but if we can get at least 10 that might be enough to make it fun?

First of all, Scoobus cheated. 

Secondly, I mentioned an idea in here of doing another draft, but only drafting this year's players and making up one team with 10 guys on your team. You could only draft players who played at least 1 minute this year, and your goal would be to win a championship THIS YEAR. Money doesn't matter, the future doesn't matter, you're making up a roster to win NOW.

Any interest? I could "commish" but I'd need somebody to set us up a google sheet to keep track of stuff. I'd love to get as many people as possible so we could have close to real rosters, but if we can get at least 10 that might be enough to make it fun?
In 

Users who are viewing this thread