What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Dyami Brown, Washington Football Team (1 Viewer)

North Carolina junior WR Dyami Brown announced Monday that he will forego the Orange Bowl in order to begin preparing for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Brown (6'0/185) was one of the big reasons why North Carolina managed to play well enough to earn a trip to the Orange Bowl despite losing some key players due to injury early in the season. In 11 games, the junior wide receiver caught 55 passes for 1,099 yards and eight touchdowns, with 38 of those grabs coming after the Tar Heels' October 17 loss at Florida State (WR Beau Corrales was lost for the season in that game). Brown, who is also a willing (and effective) blocker on the outside, could hear his name called on Day 2 of next spring's draft. Pro Football Network draft analyst Tony Pauline has given him a third-round grade.

SOURCE: Dyami Brown on Twitter

Dec 21, 2020, 10:15 AM ET

Giants Now: Daniel Jeremiah's potential draft fits for Big Blue beyond first round

Excerpt:

"I'm really intrigued by Dyami Brown from North Carolina who, gosh, I think he averaged over 20 yards a catch," Jeremiah said earlier this week. "They used him on a lot of verticals and deep crossers. He's an over-the-top guy. He's not as polished working back downhill but he is somewhere they can get vertical.
Excerpt:

Brown had back-to-back impressive seasons at UNC. He was named Third-Team All-ACC in 2019 after catching 51 passes for 1,034 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games. Last season, Brown registered 55 receptions for 1,099 yards and eight touchdowns on his way to being selected as First-Team All-ACC and AP Third-Team All-American.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am worried he has James Washington syndrome. He wins down field on vertical routes but he's not tall, strong or a burner. His traits and skills don't totally line up. 

I am worried he has James Washington syndrome. He wins down field on vertical routes but he's not tall, strong or a burner. His traits and skills don't totally line up. 
Great post, but I hope you are wrong.  I plan on having him in a few leagues and yes, I did make the James Washington mistake.  Thankfully I got out from under that mistake.  Perhaps I'm prepared to repeat that mistake, I'm not sure.  I have him ranked just below E Moore.

Great post, but I hope you are wrong.  I plan on having him in a few leagues and yes, I did make the James Washington mistake.  Thankfully I got out from under that mistake.  Perhaps I'm prepared to repeat that mistake, I'm not sure.  I have him ranked just below E Moore.
Yeah I have him about the same spot but am nervous. 

This video opened my eyes some on Brown.  I took off the rose colored glasses.  Start around the 24:45 mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHGp03G5Ls&t=5s&ab_channel=DynastyNerds

Help NFL teams, but probably not your dynasty team.  A poster mentioned James Washington earlier in this thread.  I now am starting to look at that comp more closely.  At least from the NFL WR vs Fantasy WR perspective.  Will he become a WR6 type of player in fantasy?

A) That was smooth

B) Are we sure AJ Terrell is good? I feel like every WR prospect the last 2 years has all these incredible highlights of them embarrassing Terrell. 
No. He was over drafted by Atlanta last year. Most pre-draft discussion had him out of the first. But Atlanta can't draft DBs very well.

No. He was over drafted by Atlanta last year. Most pre-draft discussion had him out of the first. But Atlanta can't draft DBs very well.
I was kind of kidding but also kind of not. 1st round or even 2nd round, you would think that's an amazing college CB. 

An AFC coordinator told NFL.com's Tom Pelissero that North Carolina WR Dyami Brown "could sneak up [to the first round]."

At this juncture, just three wide receivers (Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle) should be considered locks for Day 1. But that is not to say that just three wide receivers will be drafted on Day 1. Pelissero ticks off several options before getting to Brown, including Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney and Rondale Moore. As for the UNC product, Brown has been a strong performer during the evaluating process and did well for himself with a fantastic pro day. One NFC scout practically drooled over Brown when speaking with Pelissero, calling the 6-foot, 185-pound wideout "fast" and "explosive."

SOURCE: NFL.com

Apr 27, 2021, 1:49 PM ET

Washington selected North Carolina WR Dyami Brown with the No. 82 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

A big-play threat from the boundary, Brown (6'0/189) spiked the second-most receiving touchdowns (21) in North Carolina history with a career 18.4 average depth of target(!). He produced back-to-back seasons with 1,000 receiving yards despite failing to record more than 55 receptions in any collegiate season. Having produced 20.1 yards per catch the past two years, Brown will provide splash plays a la Marquez Valdes-Scantling until it's figured out whether he can produce in the shallow and intermediate levels of the field; he was never asked to in 34 career games with the Tar Heels.

Apr 30, 2021, 10:32 PM ET

I dunno about fantasy, but man, what a great fit for that team across from F1 McLaurin.  
It's a great NFL pick. I gotta figure that redraft folks that want to wait on QB should give serious consideration to Fitzpatrick. I've been banging the WFT drum since midseason last year but I really don't see Philly or NYG as a threat in that division (no disrespect intended to anyone). Dallas went all defense tonight though and they could be stupid good if things go right but Washington could be pretty danged good this year. 

Prototypical complimentary selection to McLaurin/Samuel. If he plays up to expectations, the entire field is now in play for Fitz. As if his stock couldn't go any higher, the direct beneficiary is McLaurin. Already cathedral-like, the ceiling just grew higher. Not sure there's a descriptor for it. Cavernous? Whatever it is, it's likely overhype at this point, but man, oh man...at this point, you can't even see the roof.

Aside: through 2 days, the WFTskins have selected 3 Players at 3 positions of need, that were among the BPA's at the point they were drafted, none considered a reach, to the best of my knowledge (LB, OT, WR)...that is a stark contrast to almost every draft that long-suffering WFTskins fans have been subjected to for most of the past 2 decades. 

The Washington Post reports third-round WR Dyami Brown has been featuring in the slot during the Washington Football Team's training camp. 

It could be as simple as the Football Team wanting Brown to get some early reps at a position he rarely played in college, but it also comes amidst reports Curtis Samuel might stick on the outside in Washington. It's hard to say with 100 percent certainty what is going on since Samuel is currently on the PUP list. Adam Humphries is also an option in the slot and has extensive experience with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Brown was an absolute game breaker on the outside in the SEC. It would seemingly be unwise to stick him in the middle of the field full time, but increased versatility is never a bad thing.

SOURCE: Washington Post

Jul 29, 2021, 10:58 PM ET

I felt like the Wash reporters got sick of saying Humphries and Fitz were in sync today. I don't see a spot available for the rookie there.

Samuel seems to be who he'll push but I'm not confident there either.

It's gonna be interesting.

Chris Simms had Dyami 3rd, behind Chase and Smith, ahead of Waddle. I guess he's making good dough, but if he has another good year evaluating QBs and WRs, why wouldn't some NFL team hire him? 

If Miami had him as GM, or assistant GM, the team might've consisted of Herbert and Jefferson from the 2020 draft, and Sewell from the 2021 draft. Instead of Tua, Jackson and Waddle. Simms had Herbert and Jefferson both #2 at their positions in 2020, and of course Sewell at #1.

I like the upside, took him in a couple of dynasty drafts late 2nd a few months back. He was out there a lot with the 2nd team offense last night, but didn't see a lot of targets.

• FItzmagic signs, bump Dyami
  • Dyami looks good this summer, bump Dyami
  • UNC qb looks bad now - bump Dyami
  • Samuel to IR, bump Dyami

Users who are viewing this thread