What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Brevin Jordan, HOU (1 Viewer)

Miami junior TE Brevin Jordan declared for the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Jordan has been a hot topic among tight end prospect the moment he started playing as a freshman. In three seasons as Miami, Jordan has been as stable a pass-catcher as that offense has had. Jordan caught 105 passes for 1,358 yards and 13 touchdowns, really coming on strong as a red zone threat with his seven touchdowns in 2020. A dangerous athlete at 6-foot-3 and 245-pounds, Jordan is a good fit for the modern NFL and could be one of those players who turns into a more productive pro than he was a college player. Look out for Jordan to go in the top-50. 

SOURCE: Brevin Jordan on Twitter

Jan 7, 2021, 7:07 PM ET

He will be the 3rd TE off the board in the NFL draft and dynasty drafts.  He could go as late as the mid-3rd to late-3rd in dynasty drafts.

He will be the 3rd TE off the board in the NFL draft and dynasty drafts.  He could go as late as the mid-3rd to late-3rd in dynasty drafts.
I'd say TE2 is in play, at least for fantasy. Jordan looks like a more dynamic receiving threat than Freiermuth to me, and he produced pretty well with mostly gross QB play. I've also heard he's a good blocker, which you wouldn't think at his size.

I think him and Freiermuth are kinda flying under the radar due to Pitts right now. Both of these guys would have probably been the top TE in last year's class.

His stock seems to be falling in fantasy circles.  Still #3, but a distant #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Pro Football Network draft analyst, some teams have given Miami TE Brevin Jordan a late-Day 3 draft grade. 

Jordan (6'3/245) was considered by some to rank among the top tight ends in this draft class, and that may still be the case. But there are teams that don't think as highly of the former Miami standout, giving him a late-Day 3 grade. According to Pauline, Jordan has "not come across well in interviews, and many feel he’ll always be more athlete than football player." Jordan going late on the draft's final day would be quite a drop for him, given his reputation in some circles entering the 2020 season. 

SOURCE: Pro Football Network 

Apr 26, 2021, 5:35 PM ET

Jeremy Shockey, Bubba Franks, Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow(Felon), David Njoku, Chris Herndon, Clive Walford, Kevin Everett

Kind of a track record of sending TEs into the NFL. 

I was giving a lot of thought to him as a 3rd round draft target, but this feels like a rookie year TE roster clogger that you target on the waiver wire for 2022 when the guy that drafts him gets frustrated with the lack of early production.

I’m starting to believe I will ignore all TEs not named Pitts.  Freiermuth probably won’t be a fantasy star and Jordan didn’t test worth a darn.

Texans selected Miami TE Brevin Jordan with the No. 147 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Undersized for an inline player, Jordan (6'2/247) was primarily utilized as a mismatch from the slot with Miami, leveraging his 4.68 40-speed to consistently separate for 2.93 Yards Per Route Run versus man coverage and stack an FBS-high 365 YAC among tight ends last year. With an average wingspan (79 1/4 inches), lifeless 4th percentile three-cone (7.57 seconds), and career 33% contested catch rate, Jordan will be hard-pressed for reps inside the red zone, especially since he lacks the strength (17 bench reps) to prevent league-average edge rushers from terrorizing the pocket. Featuring him exclusively in crossing routes early in his career would be wise. The Houston tight end room is wide open with Ryan Izzo and Jordan Akins as the biggest names. Tight ends typically take multiple years to make an impact but Jordan could pick up some receiving reps as a rookie. He's an interesting stash in Dynasty leagues but comes with a capped ceiling because of his size.

RELATED: 

Houston Texans

May 1, 2021, 2:01 PM ET

Sports Illustrated’s Anthony Wood believes rookie TE Brevin Jordan “has a good shot at making an impact straight away.”

Jordan, a three-year starter and team captain at Miami, was one of the standouts of Texans’ camp. The rookie fifth-rounder had seven touchdowns in eight games as a junior and likely would have went higher in the draft if not for a slow forty time (4.6) at his Pro Day. The Texans ran 12 personnel on 28% of plays in 2020 and have Jordan Atkins as the only veteran in front of Jordan after letting Darren Fells walk in the offseason. Jordan, who played 166-of-269 snaps in the slot last year, expects to “be moved around” in ex-TE coach Tim Kelly’s offense.

SOURCE: SI.com

Aug 29, 2021, 11:44 AM ET

Sports Illustrated’s Anthony Wood believes rookie TE Brevin Jordan “has a good shot at making an impact straight away.”

Jordan, a three-year starter and team captain at Miami, was one of the standouts of Texans’ camp. The rookie fifth-rounder had seven touchdowns in eight games as a junior and likely would have went higher in the draft if not for a slow forty time (4.6) at his Pro Day. The Texans ran 12 personnel on 28% of plays in 2020 and have Jordan Atkins as the only veteran in front of Jordan after letting Darren Fells walk in the offseason. Jordan, who played 166-of-269 snaps in the slot last year, expects to “be moved around” in ex-TE coach Tim Kelly’s offense.

SOURCE: SI.com

Aug 29, 2021, 11:44 AM ET
I believe I overrated Jordan early on.  He has upside, but his horrible Pro Day and being drafted by a team that is probably going to lose its star, I'll pass for now.  He's on the waiver wire in one of my leagues and I don't have any desire to add him.  That may change down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
BREVIN JORDAN TE, HOUSTON TEXANS

Texans coach David Culley said the team could use its tight ends to play the slot.

The Texans started Alex Erickson in the slot in their preseason finale and have only four healthy receivers. They don't have any proven slot options with Anthony Miller (shoulder) sidelined and Keke Coutee and Erickson both released. Chris Conley figures to see the the majority of snaps in three-wide sets, but Culley's comment suggests a potential role for fifth-round TE Brevin Jordan, who played 62% of snaps out of the slot his junior year. The Texans used 12 personnel at the league’s fifth-highest rate in 2020 and are expected to remain TE-heavy in OC Tim Kelly's first year as a playcaller.

RELATED: 

Jordan Akins

SOURCE: USA Today

Sep 3, 2021, 7:02 PM ET

Jordan Akins is one of two pass-catching tight ends on the Texans roster. 

The Texans -- who inexplicably kept five running backs -- ended up with three tight ends after this week's roster cut-downs: Akins, Pharaoh Brown, and fifth-round rookie Brevin Jordan. The Athletic's Aaron Reiss said Akins and Brown are the team's only pass-catching tight ends going into 2021. Akins, the team's starting tight end for much of 2020, could see significant playing time in Houston's offense this season. Akins last season had a respectable per-game average of 22.9 pass routes and 3.8 targets. The loss of red zone target TE Darren Fells could open up more high-value targets for Akins, who had 14 receptions for 162 yards and a touchdown in the 2020 season's first four weeks before missing time with a concussion. The Texans being forced into pass-heavy game scripts could make Akins a decent option in deeper formats this season.

RELATED: 

Brevin Jordan

, Pharaoh Brown

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Sep 3, 2021, 9:26 AM ET

ESPN's Sarah Barshop writes that the Texans are "expecting" second-year TE Brevin Jordan to be their lead tight end.

Pharaoh Brown would play the supplementary role as the blocker in this scenario, though the Texans figure to use plenty of two-tight end sets. Jordan impressed in small samples last year and was widely-regarded as a strong prospect despite slipping to the fifth round. If Nico Collins doesn't take a big step forward, Jordan could be a real threat to be No. 2 in the Houston pecking order behind Brandin Cooks. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 21, 2022, 1:55 PM ET

As a very good receiving TE at the U, I thought he might follow in the footsteps of the great TEs from the past. 14 and 15 ypc in years 2 and 3 in college. But not quite fast enough or big enough at the next level. Still, he is a good route runner and has Stroud, so who knows.

Just swapped him in in place of Everett, and will probably keep him stashed on my dynasty roster with Schultz only on a one year deal with the Texans. Could pay off big if the Texans decide to let Schultz walk and make Jordan their starter next season.

Dalton Shultz is on a one year contract and is a UFA next year. 1 year, $6,250,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $4,500,000 signing bonus, $6,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,250,000. I liked Brevn Jordan coming out of college and he's only 23 years old. Standing 6'4" 245 and is athletic, I believe he could be a nice sleeper stash for 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread