What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: RB CJ Verdell, Oregon (1 Viewer)

I didn’t realize he was going back to school, ouch. I am of the opinion that RBs should never go back for their sr year if they’re draft worthy. 

I've read that everywhere as well.

I don't think he's particularly any good either, so not declaring and returning to school could help him out. But he was already pretty low on my board for 2021, I doubt he'll move up in 2022. 
Actually the 2022 RB class is pretty weak, but so is Verdell :)   The 2023 class on the other hand should be good.

Oregon junior RB CJ Verdell will enter the NFL draft.

Verdell (5'8/210) missed most of the 2021 season after suffering a leg injury. He has dealt with injuries throughout his career, but when he's on the field he's a force. The has the quick-cut ability and knows how to find gaps and burst through the holes for large gains. With the lack of playing time over the last couple of years, he will likely be picked up in the mid-rounds. With Travis Dye, the man who replaced Verdell last season, transferring to UCLA, Bryon Caldwell looks to be the lead back as of this moment.

SOURCE: Cj Verdell Twitter

Jan 26, 2022, 6:16 PM ET

He will probably go undrafted.
Verdell looked like an exciting prospect back in 2019, but he has failed to progress (in fact, he has regressed).  He has the athletic profile and hands to contribute, but Verdell is projected as either a late day three pick or a priority free agent.

Users who are viewing this thread