What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kylin Hill, FA (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
Kylin is a 5'10" 215 lb RB who played sparingly in his senior year. After a 15 catch effort against Kentucky, he opted out for the remainder of the year only having played 3 games. He's projected to be drafted in the middle rounds of the NFL draft and should be a viable dynasty pick in round 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Draft risers and fallers after the Senior Bowl

Excerpt:

Kylin Hill - RB - Mississippi State 

We always knew that Kylin Hill was an exceptional pass catcher. This week proved that and then some. We could only watch him in three games this year; Hill can catch the ball smoothly and move the ball downfield. Hill showed that he has the skills to be a sleeper in this draft. In pass protection, Hill was very impressive when dealing with the bigger linebackers. He didn’t back away from the challenge and went face-to-face with the defender and kept them at bay. Hill looked very good despite the prolonged time off this past season.

Mississippi State senior RB Kylin Hill announced on Tuesday that he has opted out of the remainder of this season and will begin preparations for the 2021 NFL Draft.

It was originally reported on October 27 that Hill (5'11) would be opting out of the remainder of this season, but nothing was made official. The senior running back announced his decision Tuesday, and now he'll begin the process of preparing for the NFL. Last season Hill rushes for 1,350 yards and ten touchdowns, averaging 5.6 yards per carry while also catching 23 passes for 237 yards and another score. Projected to be a Day 2 selection in next spring's draft, Hill was also impactful off the field as this summer he led the successful campaign to change Mississippi's state flag. 

SOURCE: Kylin Hill on Twitter

Nov 3, 2020, 12:43 PM ET

Right there near RB6/7 with Chuba and Jefferson maybe. Right now he looks much cheaper than that. So maybe an early sleeper candidate.

My guess is he'll be the best riser of all the RB's during the process. At least that's my hope. He's highly underrated right now. Perfect sized RB, for me at least, and electric with the ball in his hands.

He's a bigger version of Boston Scott and I love every second of Kylin Hill. Except for his pass protection, which he seems to recognize well, but he body blocks instead of staying grounded and using his hands. He'll be coached up on that but I really like him. 

My guess is he'll be the best riser of all the RB's during the process. At least that's my hope. He's highly underrated right now. Perfect sized RB, for me at least, and electric with the ball in his hands.

He's a bigger version of Boston Scott and I love every second of Kylin Hill. Except for his pass protection, which he seems to recognize well, but he body blocks instead of staying grounded and using his hands. He'll be coached up on that but I really like him. 
Agreed. I like this guy quite a bit. Looks slippery, makes guys miss, and doesn't get thrown around like a ragdoll upon contact.

Not a big fan.  I won't go into why, but he is someone I would target late in rookie drafts if he can somehow get some draft capital.  I won't hold my breath.

Official pro day results from Jim Nagy on Twitter

HT 5104

WT 214

Hand 9 3/4

Arm 30 1/2

Wing 73 5/8

40-yd 4.51/4.53 (NFL scout )

VJ 36.0

BJ 10-2

SS 4.35

3C 7.13

BP 22x

Packers selected Mississippi State RB Kylin Hill with the No. 256 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Hill (5’10/214) was a four-star recruit and four-year contributor for the Bulldogs. His most productive season came as a junior when he had 242-1,350-10 rushing (5.6 YPC) with 18 receptions on his way to Second-Team All-SEC honors. Hill was a physical runner — arguably to a fault — throughout his collegiate career and quickly became a poor scheme and culture fit under Air Raid legend Mike Leach, ultimately leading to a one-game suspension and mid-season 2020 opt out. Hill's inconsistent play and 39th percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism (4.57 forty) tanked his draft stock as a once-considered Day 2 selection. Hill has bell-cow upside because of his impressive 2019 season against SEC competition, but he faces an uphill battle for a 53-man roster spot at this point. 

May 1, 2021, 6:44 PM ET

I was pretty high on him but this landing spot puts a major quash on his immediate value obviously.  I don't have many leagues I can park him for two years but I'm going to take him late everywhere just so some donkey with a terrible taxi doesn't luck into stashing him because he's got no one else worth cutting.  This way I probably cut him at final cuts and have a non-zero chance to get him back if he flashes or starts getting an earlier look.

He might be something in a year or two but won’t be of any use in 2021.
A team with need, Miami, passed on him in the 7th for relatively  unknown Garrid Doaks, a big dude who can block, do short yardage and play special teams. They must not that think highly of him.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

“(Kylin) Hill is incredibly fluid as a runner, he has great vision, sets up his cuts well, & can cut on a dime. He will even double cut to really get defenders off balance. He can make people miss in the open field, has solid hands, & is a better pass blocker than most rookies.”
https://twitter.com/32beatwriters/status/1425556380681973764?s=21

Andy Herman @AndyHermanNFL

Amari Rodgers takes a handoff and cuts up field. Not much there.

Rodgers has all day to throw off play action but nowhere to go. Defense had great coverage.

Nice run by Kylin Hill. And then another one. Packers found a gem in Kylin Hill. His vision is 💯 and his cuts are $$$.
https://twitter.com/andyhermannfl/status/1425128181930070017?s=21

Tom Pelissero reporting that he's out for the year. Haven't seen specific injury (ACL, MCL, etc) though, just "knee injury".  Arizona's Jonathan Ward (the guy who hit him) has a concussion. 

He seemed to be unprepared for the hit and wasn’t watching at the time of the collision, which came from the front of him.  He took the full brunt of the hit.

Here's hoping to a full recovery.   I drafted him at the 4.5 and quickly came to the conclusion that I couldn't afford to roster both him and Dillon.   I've been keeping an eye on him ever since and have dreaded every waiver notice on the possibility of a bottom-dwelling leaguemate scooping him.   Or worse, Aaron Jones going down to injury and not being able to win the FAAB bid. 

If Rodgers leaves, Jones will be on borrowed time in 2022.   Hill could be a sneaky, dirt cheap last draft pick or waiver addition in 2022 if permanent damage hasn't been done.   I will have to shift my gaze more intently to Jermar Jefferson and the Lions backfield in 2021, if he even manages to see the field.

Eh ... Drafted him as a rookie ... If I pick him up it would be replacing Snoop (I have Etienne). Doesn't seem worth it, but I kind of want to.

ETA: Went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

Packers waived RB Kylin Hill.​

He had come off reserve/PUP recently, but Hill had just nine total snaps between offense and special teams in Weeks 9 and 10. He did show some exciting tape in his rookie season before tearing his ACL, and could be an interesting waiver claim for a team that needs depth options.
RELATED:
Nov 15, 2022, 1:11 PM ET

NEWS ARTICLES > KYLIN HILL: WAIVED BY GREEN BAY
PUBLISHED TUE NOV 15 11:55:37 A.M. MT 2022
(RotoWire) The Packers waived Hill on Tuesday.
Analysis: Hill suffered a torn ACL on a kick return during his rookie season and was sidelined for the start of the 2022 campaign. The 2021 seventh-round pick made his season debut against the Lions in Week 9, but he saw just nine total snaps (one offensive) over the Packers' past two games. If the running back clears waivers, Green Bay may be interested in signing him to the practice squad, but Hill, who flashed during preseason action as a rookie, may draw some interest from around the league.

Users who are viewing this thread