What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zamir White, LV (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
Surprised he went back to school for his Sr year. Not as surprised as Etienne coming back this year, but surprised. Seems like he'll be a good NFL player. Pump his articles in here, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Year of the back? With Zamir White's return, the SEC boasts 5 legitimate All-America candidates at RB

Excerpt:

5. Zamir White, Georgia

I thought at times early in 2020, White looked like a guy who was still getting his confidence back after a couple of major knee surgeries. He wouldn’t hit the line of scrimmage with the same sort of explosiveness that made him a prized, 5-star recruit. But pretty much from the Alabama game on — you’ll recall he didn’t get nearly enough work in the second half — he (mostly) looked like the guy Georgia fans had been waiting for.

The man they call “Zeus” might not have joined the fraternity of historically dominant Georgia running backs yet. Go figure that Todd Gurley, D’Andre Swift, Chubb and Michel all missed out on earning All-America honors at season’s end. White having a season better than any of those guys would be remarkable.

But in an offense that can actually stretch the field vertically with JT Daniels, White should finally stop seeing too many loaded fronts. In those last 3 games with Daniels as the starter — I’m excluding the first one because MSU’s game plan was to force Daniels to throw in his Georgia debut — White averaged 6.9 yards per carry. I would bank on that trend continuing in 2021.

I didn't like him at all. Very stiff with no passing down ability that I saw. I was then just as surprised that some people viewed him highly.

Just for comparison there were 6 RB's I did evaluations on this year that didn't declare and returned to school. Zamir White was my 5th ranked one of those 6. 

I didn't like him at all. Very stiff with no passing down ability that I saw. I was then just as surprised that some people viewed him highly.

Just for comparison there were 6 RB's I did evaluations on this year that didn't declare and returned to school. Zamir White was my 5th ranked one of those 6. 
In dynasty leagues he's a late 3rd / 4th rd pick, so I don't think you're out very much by drafting him there.  Despite his two ACLs,  he was a 5 star HS running back and did well in 2020 averaging 5.4 yds per rush and 11 TDs.  So, if you get him late in your dynasty draft, what the hell?.

In dynasty leagues he's a late 3rd / 4th rd pick, so I don't think you're out very much my drafting him there.  He was a 5 star HS running back and did well in 2020 averaging 5.4 yds per rush and 11 TDs.  So, if you get him late in your dynasty draft, what the hell?.
We don't really know what he's going to be next year, do we? Maybe we do. I don't know. I liked his highlights.

Georgia redshirt junior RB Zamir White rushed for 68 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries in Saturday’s 37-0 victory over Arkansas.

White scored a third touchdown when he recovered a blocked punt in the end zone in the second quarter. His final touchdown of the day, a 15-yard run-and-stretch with 12:12 remaining to put Georgia up 34-0, put an exclamation point on a dominant day. Because the game got out of hand early, Georgia was able to distribute oodles of carries to its Uber-deep backfield in the second half. James Cook ran for 87 yards on 12 carries, Kenny McIntosh ran for 57 yards on 10 carries, and Kendall Milton ran for 48 yards and a score on 12 carries. As a team, the Bulldogs ended up rushing for 273 yards while possessing the ball for nearly 37 minutes. The 5-0 Bulldogs travel to Auburn next week.

Oct 2, 2021, 4:10 PM ET

Georgia redshirt junior RB Zamir White scored twice while rushing for 79 yards on 18 carries in a 34-10 blowout win over Auburn on Saturday. 

The Georgia offense couldn't get the running game going in the first half, but were able to pound the rock in the second, with White (6'0/215) responsible for much of it. His 10-yard touchdown run in the middle of the fourth turned a win into a blowout, and he scored from a yard out in the second. White continues to share carries with James Cook and a host of others, but he's the back who gets the carries when the team needs a play. That should continue next Saturday against Kentucky. 

Oct 9, 2021, 6:57 PM ET

Georgia redshirt junior RB Zamir White rushed 14 times for 105 yards and a touchdown in a 34-7 victory over Florida on Saturday.

While White (6'0/215) received 14 of the teams 27 running back carries, he still managed to grind out 7.5 yards per carry and pace the Dawgs offense in yardage. He was having a decent day until late in the fourth quarter when the redshirt junior broke off a 42-yard touchdown run to officially put the game on ice. Though White has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last six games, this was the first 100-yard game this year. "Zeus" will have a decent chance of posting another 100-yard showing against one of the worst run defenses on the planet in Missouri. 

Oct 31, 2021, 2:09 AM ET

Georgia redshirt junior RB Zamir White came close to the century mark in Monday's 33-18 national championship win over Alabama.

White (6'0/215) was a big part of Georgia's success as the Bulldogs recorded as dominant of a win as the one the Crimson Tide originally put up on them in the SEC Championship game just weeks before in the same postseason. White led the way in the rushing game for Georgia, carrying the ball 13 times for 84 yards with one touchdown.

Jan 11, 2022, 12:30 AM ET

Georgia redshirt junior RB Zamir White will declare for the NFL.

That’s how you cast while the iron is hot. Whit (6'0/215)e is coming off an 84 yard and one touchdown performance in the National Championship win over Alabama. He never got that true workhorse role with the Dawgs but from what we’ve seen he has all the makings of an NFL feature back. His size, speed, and when he breaks in the secondary, he can overpower and DB. He has the potential to be an early-round pick and a good showing at the combine can enhance it

SOURCE: Matt Zenitz

Jan 14, 2022, 1:11 PM ET

Georgia RB Zamir White posted an official time of 4.40 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine.

He also finished with the top broad jump (10'8"). White's Combine confirms he's healthy after opening his Georgia career with two torn ACLs. White is one of the bigger backs among this year's prospects at 6'0/214. The former five-star recruit's stock is on the rise going into April's draft.

Mar 4, 2022, 10:40 PM ET

Seems like a good 4th round nfl pick who just works his way up the depth chart and then you’re starting him mid season at flex 

Seems like a good 4th round nfl pick who just works his way up the depth chart and then you’re starting him mid season at flex 
Somehow I don't see anyone starting him in fantasy in 2022. He might get some goal line work.  He's probably a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick in most drafts.  

Somehow I don't see anyone starting him in fantasy in 2022. He might get some goal line work.  He's probably a 3rd or 4th round rookie pick in most drafts.  
How on earth would we know this? We don't even know his draft capital yet. What if he moved up into the third round with his performance at the combine and Williams and Allgeier fell? What then? 

Also possible. I just like him especially in deeper dynasty leagues. 

How on earth would we know this? We don't even know his draft capital yet. What if he moved up into the third round with his performance at the combine and Williams and Allgeier fell? What then? 
I think he will be either a late round pick or undrafted, but I could be wrong obviously.

Didn't get much receiving work at Georgia. He said he wanted to show his hands to coaches at the combine.

Did he and what do people think of that part of his game?

NFL legend LaDainian Tomlinson high on Georgia football RB Zamir White

Excerpt:

NFL legend LaDainian Tomlinson identified White as one of the guys who jumped out to him during the workout.

“A 4.40 for a guy that size is impressive, and he caught the ball well,” Tomlinson said. “This is a guy who can develop into a three-down back. When he comes into the NFL, he can provide depth for a team right away.

Another thing is he’s a great protector of the quarterback. I think these teams will go back and look at his game film and see they have this guy ranked too low.”

Didn't get much receiving work at Georgia. He said he wanted to show his hands to coaches at the combine.

Did he and what do people think of that part of his game?
I’ve heard he did look pretty good catching balls. I really like his potential if he can stay healthy. I think he was bothered by a lot of injuries in college. It will come down to landing spot and draft capital.

Drafted him in my TriFlex startup at 13.03 as rookie RB6 one pick after Jerome Ford came off (who I expected to get later). David Bell, Dawson Knox (TEP), Edmonds, Jones II were the previous picks here. Just a milemarker if people care.

That was RB44 overall.

I’ve heard he did look pretty good catching balls. I really like his potential if he can stay healthy. I think he was bothered by a lot of injuries in college. It will come down to landing spot and draft capital.
Hasn’t he had 2 ACL injuries?  One may date back to high school, I’m not sure.

Hasn’t he had 2 ACL injuries?  One may date back to high school, I’m not sure.
You are right, was a 5 star recruit coming out but tore his ACL twice in college. It looked at the combine like he still had his track speed. 

You are right, was a 5 star recruit coming out but tore his ACL twice in college. It looked at the combine like he still had his track speed. 
#1 RB in the nation by every source I looked up.

His first ACL injury was in high school in 2017 and then his tore the ACL in other knee the next year in college.

He wont see the fourth in any draft I'm in, and TBH, unless he falls much further in the actual draft then I expect him to, doubt he sees the third in any rookie draft either. Honestly dont think there's 20 guys I'd put ahead of him in most scoring systems.

He wont see the fourth in any draft I'm in, and TBH, unless he falls much further in the actual draft then I expect him to, doubt he sees the third in any rookie draft either. Honestly dont think there's 20 guys I'd put ahead of him in most scoring systems.
He's most likely a 2nd round rookie pick in most leagues barring a horrible landing spot or failed physical.  He's probably a day 3 NFL draft pick.  I would be surprised if he's an undrafted free agent.

Oops. Looking forward to seeing his landing spot. Those reviews looked like what I saw in his highlight reels. The common complaint is that he doesn't get up to speed as quickly as his timing would indicate and that he gets ankle tackled. That looks to me like what I saw. 

Oops. Looking forward to seeing his landing spot. Those reviews looked like what I saw in his highlight reels. The common complaint is that he doesn't get up to speed as quickly as his timing would indicate and that he gets ankle tackled. That looks to me like what I saw. 
Yeah he doesn’t impress me 

Really? I like him. Looks good to me.  
Not getting up to speed and getting ankle tackled are problems when his selling point is speed and size. I am no expert by any means and would gladly take him in fantasy if it’s the right spot but I just wasn’t impressed by his YouTube highlights. I was expecting to see more explosion. 

Ilov80s said:
Not getting up to speed and getting ankle tackled are problems when his selling point is speed and size. I am no expert by any means and would gladly take him in fantasy if it’s the right spot but I just wasn’t impressed by his YouTube highlights. I was expecting to see more explosion. 
Fair enough. I wasn't blown away, either. I've been watching him since last year, actually. He was one of the first guys I took note of that would be in this draft. 

Fair enough. I wasn't blown away, either. I've been watching him since last year, actually. He was one of the first guys I took note of that would be in this draft. 
I think I said this in  another thread but I’m surprised I like Brian Robinson better. 

I think I said this in  another thread but I’m surprised I like Brian Robinson better. 
Yeah, and I think the NFL will let you know about who they value more. That's who I'll lean toward. Robinson or Pierce have a good shot at surprising people and going on Day 2. Robinson tested well. Robinson's dominator rating and comparisons were awful, though, in an article I read on DFL. Not good. 

I like Robinson a lot...good size, a no-nonsense running style and nice hands...seems like he is under the radar right now.

Yeah, and I think the NFL will let you know about who they value more. That's who I'll lean toward. Robinson or Pierce have a good shot at surprising people and going on Day 2. Robinson tested well. Robinson's dominator rating and comparisons were awful, though, in an article I read on DFL. Not good. 
Yeah I don’t think either is going to be a star for fantasy but like you say, with the right draft spot I’ll be interested. There’s a probably a couple seasons of RB2 or flex production in them if things break right.

Users who are viewing this thread