What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 FBG Stock Contest (1 Viewer)

Wow! Just looked for the first time in about a month. Wayyy down since then and under the S&P ytd. 

My pick, which was up around 250% at one point is now down 21%. Crazy.

I’m in positive territory, top 10, woo hoo!

Seems like the S&P is beating us. Only 8 of the 26 (no idea about NA one) above the S&P.

My $5000 investment in the FGB stock contest stocks (except for AirBnB and Boeing) stands at $5446 through six months, a nice 9% return (though that underperforms the broader market, I think). SNDL jumped out to a lead in the first quarter but has since pulled back, and SM is carrying the load, up over 300%, or +$600 on a $200 investment. 

I believe I fixed the issue.  THBR did a reverse acquisition.  From what I read, THBR holders received one share of stock of the new company (INDI).  So I updated the sheet to track the new ticker. 

Man we are not doing too hot this year.  FBG index is down 1%.  Maybe the last 5 months will give us a big turn around. 

6th place #####es!

I do in fact own a decent chunk too that’s up 41% in 7 months.
5th place, MFers. I actually bought MTEK on 12/15, so up 20% more in my account. To think I thought I made a mistake not picking FUBO. Since I’m down on FUBO, I’d like nothing else but being wrong about my pick at the end of the year.

Only six picks ahead of the S&P is definitely an off year for us. Oh well, we're not trying to beat the S&P, we're trying to win the contest, which means taking a big swing. Except for the guy in last place, who wanted to be there and is skewing the results a bit.

Only six picks ahead of the S&P is definitely an off year for us. Oh well, we're not trying to beat the S&P, we're trying to win the contest, which means taking a big swing. Except for the guy in last place, who wanted to be there and is skewing the results a bit.

Kick him out.  Only a moron would own cydy.

5th place, MFers. I actually bought MTEK on 12/15, so up 20% more in my account. To think I thought I made a mistake not picking FUBO. Since I’m down on FUBO, I’d like nothing else but being wrong about my pick at the end of the year.
Lol. Back a month ago things were going well. I’m still 9th out of 27 even though my 20-30% gain is now 3%. Up 3% premarket so we’ll call it 6%. That might be enough to move back up a couple spots. 😂 

If you remove the one that was entered as a joke, the return goes up almost 3%. But yeah, not our best year. We collectively whiffed on the S&P prediction, too.

Well, to finish this thread off, here are the results.

Guderian Winner: Andrew74 (+381.70%)

Eminence Winner: @cosjobs (-86.05%)

S&P 500 Prediction Winner: @The Man With No Name (the most bullish at 4,327 vs SPX at 4,766.18)

Top 3 stock pickers:

Andrew74 +381.70%

@Bonfire +142.35%

@Desert_Power +93.07%

Rough year - only 8 of the 28 pickers ended in the black.  The equal weight FBG index was down 6.89% vs SPX up 26.89%.

Users who are viewing this thread