What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to cut? Deebo, Marquise, McLaurin, Moss, Big Ben - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Kind of in a bind with Covid-pocalypse and injuries.  Deebo Samuel being activated means he can't stay in my IR spot.  I don't HAVE TO move him out this Sunday, but if I don't then I can't make any roster moves.

Big Ben and James Conner are already on Bye this week consuming 2 of my 5 bench spots.  Possibly CEH will also need to take a bench spot if the Chiefs/Patriots game gets postponed (and I'll need a replacement RB1).  Might also need to find a replacement for Adams on Monday night if he is Out.

I'm thinking if any more postives on Sunday from Chiefs or Patriots then the game is cancelled/moved.  So I'm screwed and no reason to do anything drastic and just take the L this week.

If either McLaurin or Moss is OUT then I can move them to IR and activate Deebo and not need to make any drastic moves.  But if both are active then I need to drop somebody in order to be able to replace Adams should the need arise.  I also have to decide who to drop before Monday night because once they lock I can't drop anybody.

So my choices would probably come down to cutting one of these guys.  I guess I'd pose the question this way - who would take the smallest FAAB bid next week to be able to pick them up?
Deebo Samuel - WR - 49ers
Marquise Brown - WR - Ravens
Terry McLaurin - WR - Footballs - highly questionable 
Zack Moss - RB - Bills - questionable but I expect him to be active
QB - Big Ben (on Bye this week)
RB - James Conner (on Bye this week)

The rest of my roster is
QB - Gardner Minshew (starting)
RB - CEH (planning to start if the game is rescheduled to this week)
RB - Darrell Henderson (starting)
RB - Myles Gaskin (starting in Flex)
WR/TE - Davante Adams (planning to start - if out I'd probably pick up Tonyan, assuming I am able to make a roster move)
WR/TE - Allen Robinson (starting)
WR/TE - Tyler Lockett (starting)
K - Justin Tucker (starting)
DST - Rams (starting)

Leave a link and thanks!

I would lean Deebo b/c of his QB play, heavy run game script and when is he gonna start over Lockett, McLaurin, Adams, Robinson or even Brown?  Singletary gets injured, Moss is lead back.  

Well McLaurin is active so no easy chance to move him to IR.  Still possible Moss is inactive.

At the moment I am leaning toward Roethlisberger being the drop, if needed.  I think he would cost the least amount of FAAB to reclaim if needed.  Also since he's on Bye, he doesn't lock so I can put it off.  Only scary thing is the QB WW is pretty thin since most teams in my league carry two QBs.  Cutting Deebo Sunday night is also a possibility.  Or standing pat - still a chance KC-NE gets cancelled, and if CEH is out and Adams doesn't play, my chances are quite poor regardless of subbing in Tonyan for Adams (most likely guy to pick up).

I think I have to make my decision by 8 PM Sunday.  Luckily, my opponent has all of his guys play before Sunday night, except for the 49ers DST, so I'll have a pretty good bead on how he'll do.  Same with all my guys, except for Davante Adams and CEH. 

Main reason to hang onto Deebo is to try to swing a 2-for-1 trade with my WR's - I think I might be able land a top 5 guy at a position with the right combination.  Although in actuality, any trade like that would probably benefit my opponent more than me, since I am very strong at WR (I think).  Plus always a chance somebody else gets hurt and then I really do need Deebo (although again, all my guys play before Sunday night except for CEH and Adams, so I'll know what that situation looks like by 8 PM).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread