What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vampire league roster advice needed! (1 Viewer)

Avery

Footballguy
Vampire in 12 team PPR vampire league - Start QB / 5 Flex / D

If you don't know, in a vampire league, the vampire picks his team entirely from the waiver wire after the draft.  If the vampire beats a team, they are allowed to take any started player off the team the Vampire just beat!

On the roster trying to balance winning now, guys like Desean Jackson, vs guys who could make me more competitive if things break right, guys like Alexander Mattison.

Would love some opinions on if I should make some roster adjustments going into week 1.

ROSTER
As the Vampire, my current roster is (with current potential/probably starters in bold😞
Goff, Jared LAR QB    
Coleman, Tevin SFO RB    
Mack, Marlon IND RB  
Mattison, Alexander MIN RB   
Robinson, James JAC RB  
Scott, Boston PHI RB 
Williams, Darrel KCC RB   
Jackson, DeSean PHI WR   
Ruggs, Henry LVR WR    
Williams, Preston MIA WR  
Broncos, Denver DEN Def

TOP FAs
RBS
Edmonds, Chase ARI
Johnson, Duke HOU
Pollard, Tony DAL 

WRS
Kirk, Christian ARI
Sanders, Emmanuel NO
Miller, Anthony CHI
Campbell, Parris IND
Reagor, Jalen PHI
Edwards, Bryan LV - I kinda want him on my roster because I think either him or Ruggs will break out so I'd like to have both for week 1 to see.

TES
Only 10 were taken so there are a bunch but there is no TE scoring bonus or mandated start position and since only 4 were in the top 100 in this league last year, it seems silly to roster one.

Thanks for taking the time to help and, as always, would be happy to help you in return with a link! 🧛‍♂️ 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of Vampire leagues but the particulars are somewhat fuzzy....

Are you the only team able to use the waiver wire or do waivers go back to normal after week 1?  If it goes back to normal what are the chances of teams picking up guys off of waivers?  Will it be like a typical league or is it limited since your team is based on waivers?  Tough to answer if you should change up some of the players without knowing how waivers work in season. 

I have heard of Vampire leagues but the particulars are somewhat fuzzy....

Are you the only team able to use the waiver wire or do waivers go back to normal after week 1?  If it goes back to normal what are the chances of teams picking up guys off of waivers?  Will it be like a typical league or is it limited since your team is based on waivers?  Tough to answer if you should change up some of the players without knowing how waivers work in season. 
Right.  So this is more details about how it works in our league.

Initial "Draft"
After the draft I got to pick my team from the dregs left.

Pickups through the season
Going forward, everyone else gets to put in for waiver pickups to process early each Thursday morning.  I (the Vampire) can't.
After they process early Thursday morning, I get free rein of the FAs that are left until noon when everyone can then pickup and FAs.

But for right now, until the season starts, anyone can pickup anyone until kickoff tomorrow.

Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense.  I think you are in good shape.  Really the guys I would be interested in are the Pollard/Edmonds type but they only really become valuable with an injury.  The game will be to lock them in when other teams have chances to take them early after the week in case of injury.  So I think if you have room they need to be on your team so nobody can claim then Early Thursday in case an injury happens.  I am not sure if there is a way you can manipulate the system that way. 

Guys like Scott and D. Williams really are in no mans land.  They have some value now but really don't jump up like Pollard or Edmonds would if an injury happens.  So unless you are going to start Scott or Williams I would probably dump them for Pollard and Edmonds. 

Makes sense.  I think you are in good shape.  Really the guys I would be interested in are the Pollard/Edmonds type but they only really become valuable with an injury.  The game will be to lock them in when other teams have chances to take them early after the week in case of injury.  So I think if you have room they need to be on your team so nobody can claim then Early Thursday in case an injury happens.  I am not sure if there is a way you can manipulate the system that way. 

Guys like Scott and D. Williams really are in no mans land.  They have some value now but really don't jump up like Pollard or Edmonds would if an injury happens.  So unless you are going to start Scott or Williams I would probably dump them for Pollard and Edmonds. 
Thanks!

Well Miles Sanders is day tot day and may be a gamete decision so I need to hold Scott to maybe start and I think Preston Williams is a solid start for me this week so I need to hold onto them.

I'm actually thinking of dumping Coleman just not sure for who.  I just don't see him every getting much of a share of the carries.  Although he could be a spot start and could get a TD or two, even if Mostart got hurt, I think his sickle cell trait limits his upside.

Thanks!

Well Miles Sanders is day tot day and may be a gamete decision so I need to hold Scott to maybe start and I think Preston Williams is a solid start for me this week so I need to hold onto them.

I'm actually thinking of dumping Coleman just not sure for who.  I just don't see him every getting much of a share of the carries.  Although he could be a spot start and could get a TD or two, even if Mostart got hurt, I think his sickle cell trait limits his upside.
I meant Darrell Williams not Preston.  I would keep Preston for sure. 

I would not drop Coleman.  We really have no idea how those carries will be split.  As far as Boston Scott they also have Clement so I don't think even with Sanders dinged that Scott will be the guy where the other guys will be.  

I meant Darrell Williams not Preston.  I would keep Preston for sure. 

I would not drop Coleman.  We really have no idea how those carries will be split.  As far as Boston Scott they also have Clement so I don't think even with Sanders dinged that Scott will be the guy where the other guys will be.  
I just actually dropped Edwards for Williams.  He is the backup to a rookie in perhaps the most explosive offense in the league.  I agree that he might not be as good a pollard or Edmonds but I see a clearer path toward relevance - injury and a rookie disappointing in pass pro and such - whereas Edmonds and Pollard can only really succeed if an injury happens to the starter. 

For Scott, he might not get all the carries, but he might get a significant share this week and for a week 1 vampire potential starter, that's a pretty good find on the wire.

I (think) agree on Coleman now but going back and forth. :unsure:

I just actually dropped Edwards for Williams.  He is the backup to a rookie in perhaps the most explosive offense in the league.  I agree that he might not be as good a pollard or Edmonds but I see a clearer path toward relevance - injury and a rookie disappointing in pass pro and such - whereas Edmonds and Pollard can only really succeed if an injury happens to the starter. 

For Scott, he might not get all the carries, but he might get a significant share this week and for a week 1 vampire potential starter, that's a pretty good find on the wire.

I (think) agree on Coleman now but going back and forth. :unsure:
If you are going to start Scott, then I completely agree.  My comment was that if you aren't playing him I would drop him for Pollard/Edmonds type of players. 

As far as Da. Williams (KC), I just don't see him being the guy if CEH disappoints.  Sure he is #2 on depth chart but if CEH disappoints then there will be a full blown committee and Williams won't be the sole guy. 

If you are going to start Scott, then I completely agree.  My comment was that if you aren't playing him I would drop him for Pollard/Edmonds type of players. 

As far as Da. Williams (KC), I just don't see him being the guy if CEH disappoints.  Sure he is #2 on depth chart but if CEH disappoints then there will be a full blown committee and Williams won't be the sole guy. 
Yeah.  Holding Scott and may start him depending on how Sanders is looking come game day.

Potentially true on Williams although they did release Washington which does bode well for Williams.  Have to noodle on that one a bit more.

Yeah.  Holding Scott and may start him depending on how Sanders is looking come game day.

Potentially true on Williams although they did release Washington which does bode well for Williams.  Have to noodle on that one a bit more.
if CEH goes down my guess is they bring Washington up from the practice squad.  He isn't gone, just not there on game day with all the other backs in place.  One leaves and he probably gets a shot. 

You literally just made my head explode.

1st off, thank you for your response w/ mine.

Wish I could return the favor. But I need to look into this more. This league sounds very interesting. Im def saving you as a favorite member. When I get a bit more time (so i figure your league out), I will def help you in the future. 

Good luck vampire!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread