What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Harrison Bryant, LV (1 Viewer)

Browns TE Harrison Bryant has “stood out” with his play on the field and ability to grasp the offense.

Bryant had been getting first-team reps in 12 personnel with David Njoku (wrist) sidelined. "He’s a very locked-in young man," coach Kevin Stefanski said. “He's on top of his assignments. Very pleased with where he is." Bryant opened training camp behind Austin Hooper and Njoku on the depth chart, but it’s possible he’s played his way into a timeshare for the No. 2 role.

SOURCE: clevelandbrowns.com

Aug 28, 2020, 6:49 PM ET

Nate Ulrich @ByNateUlrich

#Browns guard Joel Bitonio on rookie TE Harrison Bryant: He's a mature guy, he's focused, every time the ball comes his way he's making a play on it and he just pops right up when he takes a hit. "Every day he's coming down with a sweet catch," Bitonio said.

https://twitter.com/bynateulrich/status/1300830279662292994?s=21
I believe he has caught the eye of the fantasy world this summer, but he is a rookie TE playing behind Hooper.  Not sure how fantasy relevant he will be the next couple of years.  How much 2 TE sets do they do in Cleveland?

I believe he has caught the eye of the fantasy world this summer, but he is a rookie TE playing behind Hooper.  Not sure how fantasy relevant he will be the next couple of years.  How much 2 TE sets do they do in Cleveland?
Think Irv Smith last year.

Harrison Bryant Surpasses David Njoku On Depth Chart - Browns Nation

Harrison Bryant Surpasses David Njoku On Depth Chart By Andy Webb September 7, 2020 

There has been speculation that fourth-round rookie Harrison Bryant could take over the No.2 tight end spot.

He’s putting together a fantastic performance in camp and has impressed the coaching staff.

The Cleveland Browns could have a big decision on their hands as Week 1 quickly approaches.

It appears that Bryant has actually surpassed David Njoku on the depth chart

Browns 1st Unofficial Depth Chart

To be fair, it’s not the official depth chart for opening week, but it’s worth noting that Bryant is over Njoku.

The Browns have high hopes that Bryant could be a key piece to their offense down the road.

Njoku has not done himself any favors during camp, so his time in Cleveland could be limited.

What Does This Mean?

As of right now, it looks like Bryant is going to be the No. 2 tight end to begin the season.

He has earned the opportunity after what he has accomplished over the last few weeks.

However, that also means that Njoku could be on his way out of Cleveland.

The 24-year-old tight end is coming off an injury-riddled 2019 campaign.

He put together solid numbers in 2018, but the Browns can’t be positive that he’ll bounce back.

Although, Cleveland did exercise his fifth-year player option for next season, so maybe the Browns plan to keep all three of their tight ends.

Trade Njoku?

Earlier in the offseason, Njoku requested a trade from the Browns via his agent.

He then pulled back the request after a meeting with the Browns front office.

That being said, it’s unknown how committed Njoku truly is to the Browns organization.

Cleveland has shown good faith by exercising his option for next season and refusing to trade him after his request.

Although, all of that happened before Bryant showed that he was capable of being the No. 2 option.

The Browns don’t need to be in a rush to trade Njoku, but maybe they listen to offers.

Possibly, they give it a few weeks and see if Bryant is ready to take over as the starter.

Give Njoku a chance to prove he’s healthy and then trade him mid-season for something valuable.

Maybe, its too early to start trading Njoku before the first game happens, but he has fallen under expectations since being drafted.

The Browns won’t be able to get back their first-round pick that they spent on Njoku in 2017.

However, getting something for him is better than nothing at all.

Browns fans should keep an eye out to see if Bryant really does surpass Njoku as the starter for their Week 1 matchup with the Baltimore Ravens.

Cleveland Browns: 3 instant reactions to initial unofficial depth chart - dawgpounddaily.com/

Cleveland Browns: 3 instant reactions to initial unofficial depth chart - by Cory Kinnan1 minute ago

Harrison Bryant over David Njoku at TE2

Fourth-year tight end David Njoku takes a ton of heat from Browns’ fans despite having a lower drop rate than Jarvis Landry in 2018, a season where he caught nearly 60 passes for 600 yards in Cleveland. However, in the fourth round of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Browns took the best player on their board in Florida Atlantic and John Mackey Award winner Harrison Bryant.

Bryant then turned around and put together a fantastic training camp in the brown and orange, winning the Maurice Bassett Award for the rookie with the best camp. While the depth chart is unofficial and may look different when it becomes official, Bryant was given the initial nod as the second tight end on the depth chart behind Austin Hooper.

Kevin Stefanski utilizes three tight ends with frequency, two tight ends more than any other offense in the NFL. Both Bryant and Njoku will see time on the field and will likely have different roles anyway. However, seeing a day-three rookie with limited athletic upside over a former first-rounder who has already had a productive NFL season is a jarring experience.

With Sunday right around the corner, this will be an interesting storyline to follow.

Perfect candidate to let someone else carry on their roster for awhile and then when they tire of impatience you swoop in this time next year (or even the year after) and pick him up.

Browns TE Harrison Bryant played 30-of-58 snaps (52 percent) in Week 2 against the Bengals.

Bryant had a higher snap share with David Njoku (knee) on IR.  He was still held to just one catch on two targets. The Browns haven’t featured their tight ends despite running more 12 personnel this season, but Bryant is locked into the No. 2 role.

Sep 19, 2020, 10:52 AM ET

Harrison Bryant caught 1-of-3 targets for a one-yard touchdown in the Browns' Week 3 win against Washington. 

The accomplished rookie out of Florida Atlantic found himself wide open in the end zone, and Baker Mayfield found him in time. The Browns looked determined to get their tight ends -- Bryant and Austin Hooper -- more involved in the passing game this week. Bryant won't be fantasy relevant unless Hooper misses time this year. 

Sep 27, 2020, 6:55 PM ET

Browns TE Harrison Bryant is expected to start over TE David Njoku in Week 7 against the Bengals.

Austin Hooper (appendicitis) is inactive this week. Cleveland selected Bryant in the 4th round of the draft this year and have made it a point to get him reps every week. He peaked at four targets, four catches, and 37 yards in Week 4. Cleveland's run-first approach caps Bryant's ceiling but his role could lead to TE2 numbers.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Oct 25, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

Browns placed TE Harrison Bryant on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

S Andrew Sendejo will join him. We don't know if the players are "close contacts" or COVID positive themselves, but this certainly raises questions about whether the Browns' coronavirus situation is contained ahead of Sunday's must-win game against the Steelers. With the entire receiver corps out, rookie Bryant caught 3-of-7 targets for 37 yards against the Jets in Week 16. He will be off the DFS radar if he gets cleared for the finale. 

SOURCE: Jake Trotter on Twitter 

Dec 29, 2020, 4:33 PM ET

Third on the depth chart.  While I liked Bryant heading into this off-season, he may just be a roster clogger at this point.  He added weight in the off-season and went from 230 to 245 to help with his blocking.  The team has been working with him on his blocking technique.   Even in a 12 team TE premium league I'm starting to see there are probably better roster options.

He was dropped in one of my leagues and I don't have room for him.  Only players I could drop for him are Eno Benjamin or Kylen Granson and I prefer them at the moment.

He was dropped in one of my leagues and I don't have room for him.  Only players I could drop for him are Eno Benjamin or Kylen Granson and I prefer them at the moment.
I'd drop Granson for Bryant without hesitation. Not only will ge outperform KG this year, he has the talent to be a Mid-TE1 in the next few years when he gets his shot.

I'd drop Granson for Bryant without hesitation. Not only will ge outperform KG this year, he has the talent to be a Mid-TE1 in the next few years when he gets his shot.
When will that be, when he’s 28?  Holding middle of the road TEs for years isn’t very smart IMO.

I picked up during fcfs..then dropped for Bellinger. 

Njoku just got a huge contract, seeeemingly ahead in the pecking order. I’m guessing that Bryant sees the field a lot but no idea just how much ceiling even exists for likely passing option #6-7 in what’s been to date a low volume offense. 

Cooper, Bell/DPJ/Schwartz, Njoku, Hunt.

Maybe Watson brings more passing, maybe Njoku disappoints. Seems unlikely to provide much. 

Harrison Bryant caught both of his targets for 15 yards in the Browns' Week 7 loss to the Ravens.

The headline here is Bryant taking over as Cleveland's No. 1 tight end with a potentially serious ankle injury to David Njoku. The Browns also lost TE3 Pharoah Brown (neck). The last man standing in the Browns tight end room, Bryant will have quite a bit of streaming appeal in Week 8 against the Bengals.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Harrison Bryant caught both of his targets for 15 yards in the Browns' Week 7 loss to the Ravens.

The headline here is Bryant taking over as Cleveland's No. 1 tight end with a potentially serious ankle injury to David Njoku. The Browns also lost TE3 Pharoah Brown (neck). The last man standing in the Browns tight end room, Bryant will have quite a bit of streaming appeal in Week 8 against the Bengals.

- NBCSportsEDGE
One of those was a dumb *** shuffle pass that made no sense.

The Athletic's Zac Jackson writes "it appears" Harrison Bryant will open the season behind Jordan Akins on the depth chart at tight end.​

"Bryant isn’t especially dynamic in the pass game or a powerful blocker, but he’s proven to be a capable NFL player," Jackson notes. This does not portend especially well for Bryant's NFL future entering the final year of his rookie deal. The former fourth-round pick has finished between 233 and 239 receiving yards on the season in all three of his years in the NFL. If he's behind Akins, Bryant is not a lock to make the roster.
SOURCE: The Athletic
May 7, 2023, 1:52 PM ET

Harrison Byrant caught both of his targets for five yards and a touchdown in Week 1 against the Browns.

Bryant got a few reps in the red zone and made the most of them with a score in the fourth quarter to seal Cincinanti’s fate. Byrant isn’t on the fantasy radar but his red zone usage could result in a few frustrating weeks for fantasy managers counting on the more notable skill position players in Cleveland.

- Rotoworld

Raiders agreed to terms with TE Harrison Bryant, formerly of the Browns, on a one-year deal worth up to $4 million.
Bryant, a highly productive college tight end who flashed in limited opportunity for the Browns, will be paired with Michael Mayer in 2024. A sure-handed, somewhat speedy player with after-the-catch ability, it wouldn’t be shocking if Bryant became the team’s primary pass-catching tight end. He posted 89/791/10 over four years in Cleveland.

Users who are viewing this thread