What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which KC RB to own (other than CEH)? (1 Viewer)

Which KC RB to draft late (other than CEH)?

• DeAndre Washington

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Darwin Thompson

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Darrell Williams

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters
I liked Darwin Thomas last year it just didn't happen for him. He has the most upside, a chance of being the feature guy if Clyde goes down. Most likely its a committee anyway, I'd say if somebody is going to take over its Thompson.  

Washington for sure, he's had flashes in the NFL so far 
Damien had 91 and 84 yard runs last year.  Sanders would be proud. And he was good in the playoffs. Too soon to write him off.

Edit: Just catching up with 2020 news! Damien opted out! It's Darrell Williams..

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Darwin last year and still think he could be something in the league, though the drafting of CEH was a major blow.  We’ll see how things develop for him.

Stepping back from signing Washington this offseason, just look at the listed size of these guys:

Washington - 5’8” 210 lbs 

Thompson - 5’8” 200 lbs

CEH - 5’7” 207 lbs

Williams - 5’11” 224 lbs

One of these things is not like the others. Gimme Darrel Williams if we’re looking for the CEH complement, the guy that was trusted last year in the 2-min offense and on third downs, and the guy that could very easily become their red zone/goal line back. 

Gimme Darrel Williams if we’re looking for the CEH complement, the guy that was trusted last year in the 2-min offense and on third downs, and the guy that could very easily become their red zone/goal line back. 
Agreed

But one of these yrs I’m going to listen to my gut and not draft any Andy Reid rbs

I actually think it's a smart move to take anyone not named CEH. I took Washington in the 13th round. So what if he doesn't play and I cut him?
The problem is (or how it seems to go for me) one of them will look good for a few weeks so I’ll put him in and he will get 3 touches. Or he will play really well and get pulled inside the 10 so someone else can get 2 tds

Ill Probly get sucked in again :bag:

I loved Darwin last year and still think he could be something in the league, though the drafting of CEH was a major blow.  We’ll see how things develop for him.

Stepping back from signing Washington this offseason, just look at the listed size of these guys:

Washington - 5’8” 210 lbs 

Thompson - 5’8” 200 lbs

CEH - 5’7” 207 lbs

Williams - 5’11” 224 lbs

One of these things is not like the others. Gimme Darrel Williams if we’re looking for the CEH complement, the guy that was trusted last year in the 2-min offense and on third downs, and the guy that could very easily become their red zone/goal line back. 
Fair points. My only counter arguments

a. Williams is taller and heavier but Washington has a higher BMI so I think he has the skills to work the GL

b. If Andy Reid trusted Darrel Williams so much and Damien Williams was expected to still be with the team, why did he draft a RB in the 1st and sign Washington? I do realize it was just a 1 year, $1 million deal but it seems to speak to some level of unhappiness with the backfield. 

The problem is (or how it seems to go for me) one of them will look good for a few weeks so I’ll put him in and he will get 3 touches. Or he will play really well and get pulled inside the 10 so someone else can get 2 tds

Ill Probly get sucked in again :bag:
Yeah, that's fair. I have also been caught with my hand in the Chiefs RB cookie jar a few times but I also took Spencer Ware and Kareem Hunt in double digit rounds the years they broke out as feature backs with the Chiefs. 

Fair points. My only counter arguments

a. Williams is taller and heavier but Washington has a higher BMI so I think he has the skills to work the GL

b. If Andy Reid trusted Darrel Williams so much and Damien Williams was expected to still be with the team, why did he draft a RB in the 1st and sign Washington? I do realize it was just a 1 year, $1 million deal but it seems to speak to some level of unhappiness with the backfield. 
Damien Williams signed a 2-year, $5.1MM contract a year ago and the narrative was he was being paid like a backup. Washington gets 1-year, $1MM and we’re supposed to assign any meaning to that?  McCoy got $3MM a year ago from this same Chiefs team, and we saw how much they used him. 1-year, $1MM is a pittance for an NFL RB on a second contract.

Washington’s old team (who would presumably know him best) chose to sign former UDFA Jalen Richard to a 2-year, $7MM contract while letting Washington walk. 

I just personally can’t pay any attention to a 1-year, $1MM contract and think it’s anything more than a camp body and core special teamer. 

Damien Williams signed a 2-year, $5.1MM contract a year ago and the narrative was he was being paid like a backup. Washington gets 1-year, $1MM and we’re supposed to assign any meaning to that?  McCoy got $3MM a year ago from this same Chiefs team, and we saw how much they used him. 1-year, $1MM is a pittance for an NFL RB on a second contract.

Washington’s old team (who would presumably know him best) chose to sign former UDFA Jalen Richard to a 2-year, $7MM contract while letting Washington walk. 

I just personally can’t pay any attention to a 1-year, $1MM contract and think it’s anything more than a camp body and core special teamer. 
Oh yeah, I get that but who are we comparing Washington with? Darrel Williams- undrafted FA on a contract with $30,000 guaranteed and 6th round pick Darwin Thompson. All of the players we are talking about are low investment players. Washington has done the most at the NFL level and has the best combo of size and athleticism.

Darwin-  48th percentile BMI, 4.60 

Darrel- 56th percentile BMI, 4.72

DeWayne- 70th percentile, 4.49

Plus FWIW, Washington played with Mahomes in college so I am sure they spoke with him before the signing. If I am going to take a flyer on the 2nd in touches behind CEH, Washington is the player I am taking my swing on. More athletic, sturdier build and more NFL production/experience. 

Washington and Mahomes played in college together.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes had some say in bringing Washington in.  Washington is the backup to own imo

Didn't last season tell us that we have no idea who the guy is? Right now that looks like Williams, as he was named back up when most were expecting DeAndre Washington. 

Darwin looked really solid at times in relief too.

I have a feeling that this will be a committee in terms of if CEH goes down, one guy will take over. Say that someone is Williams, but if he falters, seems like -- just like last year -- we'll see Washington or Darwin get the start. 

I don't see so much separation between all of these guys to really bet on a particular horse. They are all solid but not spectacular, and could do well in relief in this offense. Just don't think this is a situation we've seen to be straight forward. So I'm avoiding.

Washington now cut.

Users who are viewing this thread