What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Qadree Ollison, ATL (1 Viewer)

Atlanta Falcons reporter Will McFadden "wouldn't be shocked" if Qadree Ollison carves out a bigger role.

Todd Gurley is expected to handle more than half of the Falcons' running back touches, but there's a competition building behind him. Brian Hill, Ito Smith, and Ollison are all alternating "great moments" in training camp, a sign that this would be a complicated running back by committee if Gurley were to miss games. Ollison was utilized as a goal-line vulture last season but offers less change-of-direction ability compared to Hill and Smith. All three are barely on the fantasy radar right now.

RELATED: 

Brian Hill

, Ito Smith

SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com

Aug 19, 2020, 3:13 PM ET

Well, it’s been a while since this topic got any shine….I received Ollison for a 2022 3rd rounder in 2019 Then the old regime buried him so far down the depth chart that I nearly dropped him….twice. 

Fast forward, and I’m gonna recommend him as an add if he was overlooked in any of your dynasty leagues.

for one; I’m not a believer in Mike Davis. I don’t think he has anything but opportunity going for him. I’m not sure he’s a great fit for the ATL offense, and I’ve never been a fan - he washed out with my Niners at around ~2 YPC, and I was shocked to see him perform well with the Panthers after being mediocre for the Seahawks. Still, 3.9 YPC and a cloud of dust is hardly anything to write home about.

While he parlayed that into a paycheck with ATL, I was hearing early on that Ollison came into camp with the support of the new regime, and that he looked like he’d put in work in the offseason. Some beat writers suggested that Davis might be in a RBBC with Ollison, or that Ollison might have the opportunity to win the starting job. 

Today I’m seeing this: 

“Qadree Ollison is working as Atlanta's second running back in training camp. 

The Falcons have one of the most ambiguous backfields in the league, but one that could have some value under new head coach Arthur Smith. Ollison was buried on the depth chart under the previous Falcons regime, but The Athletic's Tori McElhaney reports that he's finally "getting a chance." If Smith is looking for a bruising rushing element behind starter Mike Davis, the 6'1" 228 pound Ollison is the clear choice. Undrafted rookie Javian Hawkins, who is 5'9" 183 pounds, offers better speed and agility, but the Falcons are appear to be more interested in seeing what Ollison can do for now. Fantasy drafters should follow suit.”

If they go with a Thunder & Lightning approach, I’m always after the thunder side. And if Davis falters, gets hurt, or simply underachieves (as he’s done every year except 2020) then Ollison is going to be a steal at the back end of EE drafts or as a cheap pickup if he’s not rostered in your league. 

Nothing is guaranteed. Maybe I’m way out in left field & Davis will be the man in ATL. He’s not a dude I’ll be drafting regardless, but I’m targeting Ollison for sure & continuing to hold on dynasty. .

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Pitt dad, got to see him play quite a bit when he was in school. Powerful guy with some wiggle. Not sure if he’ll get an opportunity, but pulling for the kid. 

zamboni said:
As a Pitt dad, got to see him play quite a bit when he was in school. Powerful guy with some wiggle. Not sure if he’ll get an opportunity, but pulling for the kid. 
It sounds a lot like he’s finally getting it. 

Having seen a lot of both Davis & Ollison, it makes me question why they’d sign Davis this offseason. IMO Ollison is head & shoulders a better running back. Big and bruising, deceptively agile for a big man. I could easily see this developing into a committee. 

Bair Mail: State of Falcons running backs, preseason predictions, plus Dante Fowler and Dean Pees impact

Charlie C. from Boulder, Colo.

Scott, welcome to Atlanta! With Arthur Smith emphasizing competition in training camp along the offensive line and running back group, how do you see the competition shaking out for the running backs, especially with Qadree Ollison dealing [wearing a non-contact jersey] lately in practice?

Bair: Thanks for the question, Charlie. I'm interested to see how the running back group shakes out, though I don't think Qadree Ollison's current health will be a factor. He should be back before long. I anticipate Mike Davis being the featured back, with Cordarrelle Patterson used in creative ways. Ollison is likely Davis' true back up and has looked good thus far thanks to his offseason training. Fullback Keith Smith's also in the mix here. Will they keep a fifth running back on the roster? I would say so. My bet's on Hawkins, for reasons stated above, though Huntley will have something to say about that.

Falcons waived RB Qadree Ollison

He has been replaced on the roster/as the No. 2 back by plodding veteran Wayne Gallman. It is surprising after Ollison spent the entire summer as Davis' backup, but the Falcons clearly were not impressed. Ollison has youth on Gallman, but Gallman has far more experience. A 2019 fifth-round pick, Ollison is not a great athlete by NFL running back standards and has never bettered eight carries in a game. His phone is not going to be ringing off the hook on the waiver wire. 

Ah well. I can use the roster spot. it’s fine. 

:kicksrock:

btw, Mike Davis owners should absolutely hate that signing. Gallman is a better RB

Another one that is my fault. I dropped Ollison for Huntley. 1 day later, Huntley moves to practice squad. I pick Ollison back up. Now this.

you killed Quadree! You bas****! 
/southpark

I drafted him as a rookie. He got so close this year. He’s a back of the roster (and now drop) guy, but damn I wanted him to finally work out. 

Qadree Ollison rushed nine times for 34 yards in Atlanta's Week 11 loss to New England. 

Ollison had a pair of 10-plus yard carries in New England territory that briefly made it feel like Atlanta would be in a game. His other seven carries went for 12 yards in what our scientists are calling "a good Mike Davis impression." If this game keys Ollison taking over the Atlanta backfield in a scenario where Cordarrelle Patterson sits, he'll have a decent matchup in Week 12 against the Jaguars. 

Nov 18, 2021, 11:26 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread