What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick-a-Player -- 2.10: Mike Evans, Lamar Jackson, or George Kittle (1 Viewer)

Given the scenario below, who would you select?

• Mike Evans

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • George Kittle

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Other/None of these three

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Clayton Gray

Just call me Carlton
Staff member
Let's make another decision in the Pick-a-Player series. Every few days, we'll give you a situation and ask you to pick one of three players.

A couple of days later, the results will be published on the Footballguys website along with select comments from this thread.

So, let's get to it

It's the 2.10 pick in a standard 12-team, PPR draft. You drafted a running back in the first round, and the players listed below are off the board. Would you select Mike Evans, Lamar Jackson, or George Kittle? Or would you pass on all three?

QB Patrick Mahomes, KC

TE Travis Kelce, KC

RB Christian McCaffrey, Car
RB Saquon Barkley, NYG
RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal
RB Alvin Kamara, NO
RB Dalvin Cook, Min
RB Derrick Henry, Ten
RB Joe Mixon, Cin
RB Nick Chubb, Cle
RB Josh Jacobs, LV
RB Kenyan Drake, Ari
RB Miles Sanders, Phi
RB Austin Ekeler, LAC
RB Aaron Jones, GB

WR Michael Thomas, NO
WR Davante Adams, GB
WR Tyreek Hill, KC
WR DeAndre Hopkins, Ari
WR Julio Jones, Atl
WR Chris Godwin, TB

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go with Kenny Golladay. I just think that with Stafford back and Golladay being 26 and in his prime that he's bound for another big year. Evans is a wild card because you don't know Brady's arm strength or how long he'll let plays develop. Kittle is in a "position-less" offense, and that scares me a bit, especially on a run first team. Who can argue with what Jackson did last year, but I see a regression in his amount of TDs given his attempts. 

Kittle in PPR all day.  

Kittle hd 85 and 1050 in 14 games.  He would have been close to 100 catches and 1200 yards in 16 games.  I suspect Evans and Golloday will get you close to 80 catches and 1200 yards.  Maybe a few more TD's than Kittle, but I do feel Kittle is due for some positive TD regression.  Kittle likely finishes with more receptions.  There's not a lot of (none really) other proven pass catchers in SF. 

I'm still big on Evans.  I've done some best ball drafts on Yahoo and have seen Evans slide to the 4th, and I'm snatching him up every chance I get.  I appreciate the concern that Brady may not be able to push it downfield like Jameis and that they may throw it less.  I still think Evans is an elite WR and will find succeed with a hall of fame QB.  But the QB change doesn't exist for Kittle.  Chris Godwin isn't taking catches from Kittle.  A few extra factors in favor of Kittle here.  

Someone else mentioned Golloday, and I think it makes sense to discuss him here.  A lot of rankings have Golloday higher than Evans.  He was on a silly pace before Stafford went down.  He was on pace for 70 receptions, 1280 yards and 14 TD's.  With Swift and (hopefully) a healthy Kerryon, they'll run it more effectively.  I suspect Hockenson makes some degree of a leap.  I still think Golloday has a huge season.  And I certainly can't fault anyone for taking him.  I think Kittle has more catches, similar yards, maybe a few less TD's. 

When you account for the positional difference and advantage Kittle provides--slam dunk for him here.

I can't take a QB in the 2nd round.  Won't do it.  I see Dak/Wilson/Watson/Murray going 4th and 5th round.  I'm happy to take one of those a few rounds later.

With the WR depth that is available this year, I am leaning toward Jackson.  Other than Kittle, what healthy SF receiver scares DC's?  To steal a basketball concept, Triangle in 2 Kittle and make a SF WR beat you.  No denying that Evans is talented but now having to compete for red-zone touches with (3?) TE's, Godwin, and RB's has me concerned.  I think Jackson will regress in the run game but should still be around 750-900 yards.  I look for improvement in the passing game.  30-32 total TD's low end estimate.          

This is why I like picking towards the beginning of the draft. RB first, one of these guys second, and hoping one of these guys falls to me in the third. That being said, I don't know what I'd do here. I've drafted a couple times in the last few months (boredom cheap leagues) and went Evans in one, Kittle in another and hoping Lamar or Mahomes falls to me in the third.

I'm going to go with Kenny Golladay. I just think that with Stafford back and Golladay being 26 and in his prime that he's bound for another big year. Evans is a wild card because you don't know Brady's arm strength or how long he'll let plays develop. Kittle is in a "position-less" offense, and that scares me a bit, especially on a run first team. Who can argue with what Jackson did last year, but I see a regression in his amount of TDs given his attempts. 
How come you didn't vote?  Right now I am the only "other" vote in the pole.  I also would go with Golladay over these choices...

Assuming TE starting, thus I am taking Kittle.  When the draft swings back to me, I have plenty of WRs to grab one at this point.

What a enviable position.  Likely we took Zeke at 1.03 and now we have this decision!

For me, Evans isn't in the picture.  There is a WR that I can get at 3.03 that isn't much different that Evans.   I have Golladay, Evans, Cooper, DJ Moore and Robinson all ranked close together.  Guaranteed that 2-3 of them will be available at 3.03.

Do you want the huge advantage at QB or at TE?  While it is very tempting to take Jackson, I think Kittle is the right choice.  It's going to be much more difficult to get a TE in the later rounds that will break out and get the production anywhere close to Kittle.  Also, QB is pretty deep, I can get a solid QB waiting until Round 7 or 8.

So in this spot, I would either take Kittle and pray Golladay falls to me at 3.3.

Kittle should be the pick here. I agree that Golladay and Evans have some value but likely one of them or ARob drops to the 3.03, and I hold all of them at similar value. Getting the advantage at TE is huge here. 

Mike Evans.  I will let Lamar Jackson duplicate what he did last year. I am comfortable taking Wilson,Dak, Watson a bit later. My strategy would be to take Evans and then take Ertz , Waller,  or Andrews five picks later. Since only two other teams will be picking after me, i am assured to get one of those players. As far as combinations go.. I will take Evans/Ertz or Evans/Waller  over Kittle  and the Wr you will get at pick 3.3.  Once you take Kittle at pick 2.10, not only will Evans be off the board, but maybe Golladay as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread