What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Does Trump Never Get Pushback When He Claims He Built The Greatest Economy Ever? (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
There's essentially zero data that backs this up.  I won't won't got through the litany of facts that prove this so blatantly false but I challenge Trump supporters to find any indicator other than unemployment that supports this.  GDP, wage growth, manufacturing indicators, the debt, trade deficit, etc. 

And while unemployment was the lowest ever, the facts are that unemployment was just 1% lower than when he took office.  To take credit for lowering unemployment so little, while railing on unemployment being fake for the two years before he took office, just seems to me to be the height of narcissism and hypocrisy.

Yet I never hear anyone push back on him and his supporters trumpet this false narrative at every turn.  Fun fact, despite building the greatest economy in the history of world, Trump is the only president to never hit 4% GDP for a quarter.  And remember when Trump and his supporters excoriated Obama for never hitting 3% GDP in a year?

What's going on in this country?

He's been able to lie about this basically unchallenged for the last 3 years.  I simply don't understand why no one questions him in public.

The US hasn't hit 4% GDP in a single quarter since he's been in office.  That's horrible. 
I feel like I've seen challenges to it, but I couldn't begin to say where, though my guess would be to start with any Trump tweet about the economy, there are likely rebuttals in the comments. 

I feel like I've seen challenges to it, but I couldn't begin to say where, though my guess would be to start with any Trump tweet about the economy, there are likely rebuttals in the comments. 
Sure.  But he repeats this lie at every single press rally he holds.  Just once I'd like the press to ask him how's he come to that determination, and if it's due to decreasing unemployment a whole 1%, why did he call unemployment fake prior to taking office?

And his supporters seem to have no problem parroting this blatant lie. 

I have to admit I was wrong about how well the economy would do. I had thought that by backing off regulations the economy would grow 4% or possibly better but I never thought he would battle trade wars so long and that trade wars that were so easy to win would take soooo long. And to think our nation's economy would be the strongest in history and yet we would still have a deficit. That is certainly unprecedented.

Fun fact, despite building the greatest economy in the history of world, Trump is the only president to never hit 4% GDP for a quarter. 
Is this a fact? I did not know this. Even more interesting, this is happening right after a gift for billionaires with his tax cuts. Who would've thought, giving billionaires more money doesn't increase GDP? I'm shocked!

Is this a fact? I did not know this. Even more interesting, this is happening right after a gift for billionaires with his tax cuts. Who would've thought, giving billionaires more money doesn't increase GDP? I'm shocked!
Yep, the initial quarterly GDP increase for the fully implemented tax cuts was like 4.1%, it's since been revised down to 3.9%.

I am old enough to remember when the right went ballistic when Obama said "You didn't build that."

(I remember because I was one of the many conservatives who got swept up in outrage fever :bag:  )

Now Trump says something similar, and the right doesn't bat an eye. Heck, they might even agree with him.

"Trump built that." Not hard working Americans. You didn't build that. Trump did.

I feel like for every one of these topics (and frankly, Facebook, Twitter, etc), I need a macro that says:

"Because all they care about is that it makes the right people angry, upset, and....(lolololol) 'triggered'"

That's it.  That's the reason.  Its all one big "You Mad, Bro" meme

-4.8% GDP Q2.  Will be revised down.  Looking at -30%--40% for Q2.

We are so screwed.  Even when we're "fully open" which won't happen for a long while, employers will be extremely resistant to adding employees back.

I'll predict that > 10% unemployment becomes the norm for a few years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
MAGA bros, come on in, we'll be nice.  

Just provide your typical fact based, no feelz responses.

We're ready to believe you!
The handful of posters on this forum who support Trump understand see your lame attempt with this thread for exactly the trolling it is. Do way less of that please. 

Sure.  But he repeats this lie at every single press rally he holds.  Just once I'd like the press to ask him how's he come to that determination, and if it's due to decreasing unemployment a whole 1%, why did he call unemployment fake prior to taking office?

And his supporters seem to have no problem parroting this blatant lie. 
Bully pulpit 

But wait but wait ... what about trickle down economics???

:lmao:

I agree with the OP. I cant wait for the day when Trump finally gets criticized. Talk about skating by. Clearly has the media in his back pocket. 

Users who are viewing this thread