What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (15 Viewers)

this, coupled with his press conference bull####, oughtta get him locked the hell up.  

the face of stupidity and hubris!
He's a dumb young adult doing dumb things thinking he's invincible. Doesn't mean he should be locked up but his team should rightfully give him he'll for it.

Ok we have to split this into multiple threads,  one for world news, one for local impacts, maybe one for running memes and schtick.  

Grant Wahl. @GrantWahl

MLS is suspending its season immediately until further notice due to coronavirus, a source with knowledge of the situation tells Sports Illustrated.

Bingo. 
All these Mucinex/DayQuil are all overpriced ways to buy really cheap generic drugs. 

Pseudoephedrine (the real stuff)  (antihistamine)
Dextramorphan HBr (Cough suppressant)
Guaifenisin (expectorant)
Ibuprofen (Pain/fever relief)

Boom. Done. 
The latter two of those have store brands that are pretty cheap, especially in bulk.

Where are you getting the first two cheaply? There are store brands of those, as well, but they're still not super-cheap ... maybe name-brand minus 20%. Ordering from Amazon or someplace like that now is probably a bit too late.

FYI, Giant Eagle in Sheffield was limiting TP to 3 packages per customer. They still had stock. Probably what walmart and Sams should do. Both Sams and Walmart in the area are completely out of TP. Sams in Brooklyn also was completely out.
last night Giant Eagle in Mentor had TP, but the 1st time I saw folks stocking up on water, TP etc. 

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn

Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.
Sheesh.

Even after all this is over ... would YOU want Gobert as a teammate?

Those with kids whose school are still open, are you allowing your kids to go, or keeping them back?  Mine went today and probably will tomorrow, but might hold them out next week regardless of school decision. 
The small slice of denial I've still got is that "it's not in my kids' schools". They've both got hand sanitizer with them at all times, and they use whatever hand sanitizer the schools provide as well. Both kids -- but especially my 13-year-old son -- are sort of "scared straight" and are avoiding dirty "kid stuff" that would normally spread colds, etc.

So ... my kids are at their schools today. Friday the 14th is the end of a marking period, so it would be a logical time to suspend operations. "Spring break" at schools around here are always timed around Easter (because Mardi Gras is already a week off, too), so the next long school break is still a month away.

My right-now thinking is that I keep sending them until the school closes down on order from higher authority. That could change later. I actually do expect schools to close very soon -- if they're going to do it, they can't wait until Easter break to do it.

He's a dumb young adult doing dumb things thinking he's invincible. Doesn't mean he should be locked up but his team should rightfully give him he'll for it.
This thread was long ago vaccinated against level headed, rational reactions.

Gobert obviously deserves prison time, at least what Weinstein got.

Plus he should never be allowed to play basketball again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The situation in Iran is not good. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/iran-coronavirus-outbreak-graves/

Satellite imagery has uncovered 2 trenches totaling about 100 yards in length to bury the death. As of March 3rd 80+ people were buried in a section for people who've died because of the virus, even though official death count was at 34. Another cemetery had 250+ buried victims even though the official number was 77 deaths. 

I'm waiting for some lowlife to rob a bank with a surgical mask disguise.  Dollar General seems like a more likely target though.

Ok here's a run-down of my symptoms.  You tell me if this fits with narrative

Week of 2/24 - Exposed to people coming back from West China after their 14 day quarantine

Day 0 2/24 - First day with upper respiratory symptoms.  Began OTC medicine treatment in day and before bed

Symptoms continue, and get worse/better over next 8 days.  some days have zero symptoms at all.  

Day 11 3/8 3/9 - Crippling Diarrhea.  I mean crippling.  Started Immodium.  still coughing

3/11 - Low fever 99.4 stayed home more OTC.  Tried to get flu test (not COV test) was declined.  Fever too low

Day 17 Today 3/12 -  Staying home, OTC medicine working fine, feel much better cough gone.

Throughout this have had - Minimal if any runny nose.  At times extreme chest tightness.  Coughing is non productive, meaning can't get any crap out.  Fatigued.  Needing a lot of coffee.  

Diagnose me dr. fbgs

No clue which mod is posting this - I love FBGs - you tell people they can't make jokes and I'm out.  It's dumb.  And I completely understand people are concerned, I'm concerned but you know what - that's how people deal with life.  You want to stop jokes at peoples expense that fine - if we can't even make light-hearted jokes like I did about hiding toilet paper from my family then what are we even doing here?
Please no jokes in a thread where people are trying to talk about serious issues and many are very concerned and worried. 

If that means you have to leave, we fully understand and we're sorry but that's how we're going to try and operate here. 

Seems Trump had dinner with Bolsonaro at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday. Bolsonaro is currently under quarantine as possibly infected by COVID-19.
That's more likely to be because of his press chief that collapsed the other day (after having spent time with aforementioned Trump)

Week of 2/24 - Exposed to people coming back from West China after their 14 day quarantine

Day 0 2/24 - First day with upper respiratory symptoms.  Began OTC medicine treatment in day and before bed

Symptoms continue, and get worse/better over next 8 days.  some days have zero symptoms at all.  

Day 11 3/8 3/9 - Crippling Diarrhea.  I mean crippling.  Started Immodium.  still coughing

3/11 - Low fever 99.4 stayed home more OTC.  Tried to get flu test (not COV test) was declined.  Fever too low

Day 17 Today 3/12 -  Staying home, OTC medicine working fine, feel much better cough gone.

Throughout this have had - Minimal if any runny nose.  At times extreme chest tightness.  Coughing is non productive, meaning can't get any crap out.  Fatigued.  Needing a lot of coffee.  

Diagnose me dr. fbgs
i think it all depends on how prevalent your wheezing and shortness of breath was. And your fever isnt quite high enough.

i dunno maybe a mild case? not a doctor and not even a celebrity spokesman

Diagnose me dr. fbgs
If you have not seen a doctor yet—I’d highly recommend it man.  I’m not a doctor—but I think that what you described is absolute grounds for the need to see one.  Feel well soon. 

Just coronavirus threads where people are dying and others are worried for now.
A great thing about this community is being able to come here and be lighthearted posting about stuff.  This includes humor which is just as valid a coping mechanism as anything else out there.  This thread to date has been a great mix of humor and information and it's been working great.  This is such a weird take.  

If you have not seen a doctor yet—I’d highly recommend it man.  I’m not a doctor—but I think that what you described is absolute grounds for the need to see one.  Feel well soon. 
Was asked specifically to not come in by my GP yesterday.   Though they didn't say, they wouldn't see me they requested not to.  It was odd. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/iran-coronavirus-outbreak-graves/

Satellite imagery has uncovered 2 trenches totaling about 100 yards in length to bury the death. As of March 3rd 80+ people were buried in a section for people who've died because of the virus, even though official death count was at 34. Another cemetery had 250+ buried victims even though the official number was 77 deaths. 
This is in line with what I said earlier in the thread.  I have distant cousins in Iran—and from what they have told my mother and I—things are bad there—like REALLY bad.   I’d venture to say that the death toll there is easily in the thousands if not the tens of thousands.  Their government handled things in as inept way as possible.  I hope we don’t make the same mistakes they did. 

I was worried about my son's little league season being canceled but with it starting in mid april I think we'll start returning to normalcy by then. 

Iran's reported number of deaths is 429. That said, back when it was five or seven BBC claimed to have footage of more than 200 dead

Please no jokes in a thread where people are trying to talk about serious issues and many are very concerned and worried. 

If that means you have to leave, we fully understand and we're sorry but that's how we're going to try and operate here. 
Seems short sighted.  Humor is a stress relief mechanism for some, similar to prayer.  As long as people are not posting fake news under the banner of humor I can't see what harm there is in cracking a few jokes.

BNO BREAKING: Brazilian government spokesman who met with President Trump last weekend and was pictured standing next to him has tested positive for coronavirus - Folha

Diagnose me dr. fbgs
You match the Covid-19 progression almost perfectly. What's your cough like now? Are you still unable to hack anything up?

Diagnose me dr. fbgs
I hope you have it. Sounds weird I know, but making it through unscathed (other than a raw pucker) would be good news. 

Users who are viewing this thread