What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A case study on why H2H is all luck (1 Viewer)

all play is a great option...

we do a hybrid.....(3) division winners get in based on HTH....

next (3) with the best all play record get in....that way if you ran into some bad weekly "luck" in your HTH matchup....you still get credit for beating the "rest of the field" most weeks...

So this whole cry baby thread was for nothing?
No!!  You did a fantastic job of caring about my story so much to continue this for two weeks and research a tool to help me prove that what happened with my team (winning only 5 reg season games despite having clearly the best team) was an incredible statistical anomaly at 6/10,000 chance which was the entire point of the post.  You’re the guy that wanted to come in and argue ad nauseum. 

No!!  You did a fantastic job of caring about my story so much to continue this for two weeks and research a tool to help me prove that what happened with my team (winning only 5 reg season games despite having clearly the best team) was an incredible statistical anomaly at 6/10,000 chance which was the entire point of the post.  You’re the guy that wanted to come in and argue ad nauseum. 
Wrong. I never linked or talked about a tool. The only thing I did was get you to admit you lost multiple games due to bad roster management. Hth.

Wrong. I never linked or talked about a tool. The only thing I did was get you to admit you lost multiple games due to bad roster management. Hth.
My bad, that was your boy Walking Boot.  Got my W's mixed up.  But, as you can now see it's been proven with math that I didn't have bad roster management at all, just incredible bad luck, thus the original post.    You and Walking Boot came in like Beavis and Butthead for some reason with all your "heh heh heh, maybe you just suck at roster management heh heh heh" and I tried to explain to you that I understand the basics of FF and that I was sharing an incredible story of amazing poor luck.  This tool was exactly what I needed to show you what I meant.  Surprised you're still arguing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's definitely a tool doing a lot of talking in this thread
You guys are impossible.  You sent a link out and your link showed that what happened to me would only happen 5 more times out of the next 9,999 seasons and yet I'm the idiot here.  You two have a real hard time admitting when you're wrong, must be fun guys to have at parties.  Buh-bye.

I'm in 4 H2H leagues ranging from $100-450 buy ins, and had first round byes In 3 of them...  2x as #1 seed and 1x as #2 seed. 

Also in the final 250 in the FBG subscriber contest league playing for $10k

That degree of consistency across many leagues is Irrefutable #PROOF that fantasy Is skill based. ☕

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread