What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty 2QB Targets... drops. Pettis, C Kelly (1 Viewer)

Tonycarpenter

Footballguy
QUICK QUESTION:

Drop Pettis for QB Chad Kelly?  Dynasty QB premium league etc. ?

MORE INFO and THOUGHTs.

I'm in a QB premium league. My team is loaded. I'm 9-1 and should have a First Round Bye.  I could probably use more depth on my WR, RB, spots for a playoff run but I'm not going to do anything drastic.  The RB/WR I like are taken. I don't need any more TEs even though FANT is available.  There are some deep prospect QBs that have my spidey sense tingling. 

In our league. If you own the starting QBs you can dictate trades.  QBs carry more trade value. 

If Pettis breaks out of his slump he might be 3rd or 2nd round pick at best. But it looks like he's going the other way into obscurity. Cutting him now... people are not likely to pick him up. 

If Hoyer gets hurt or craps the bed...Kelly could go in.  His football has been good.  His maturity off field is the issue with him. I would trade him for a 1st rounder. But there are some things that need to happen for this scenario. He might just sit on my bench like he did last year until he got kicked off the team. 

Waldman's RSP has Chad Kelly and Will Grier upside as ProBowl Caliber QBs.   Kelly is a dumb dumb off the field but let's assume he's learned some lessons and matured enough to keep a job if he earns it.   I'm not going to build around him.  I just want the trade upside.  I can package him with another player for 1st round pick maybe. 

Grier is in a similiar situation:  Newton in IR and FA?  UDFA Kyle Allen has done well in a starting role this year.  Credit to him. Why is Allen ahead of Grier on the depth chart? It's a valid concern? Is it pocket presence, presnap reads of the D?  I have no clue.  Allen is not necessarily dynamic. He's more of a game manager per FBG comments. Nothing wrong with that. 

LEAGUE INFO/MY TEAM: 

2 QB 10 Team Dynasty League PPR with bonus tiers etc  26 roster 2IR.  Start 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1W/T 1W/R 1WRT 1 K, 1 DEF 2IDP. Crazy double IDP points  

My Team: . 
QB: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Grier

WR: HOpkins, Godwin, Kirk, AJ Brown, MVS, Pettis, Parris Campbell, Miles Boykin, Hakeem Butler-IR

RB: Elliott, Chubb, Royce Freeman, RonJones Jr., Guice, Kerryon Johnson-IR. 

TE: Kelce, Engram, HHenry, Goedert, IrvSmithJr. 

K:Prater, DEF SF49ers, IDPs Keuchly, Car DBush Pit

My draft picks:   

First Round:  2 picks.   One no better than #4 overall.   My organic pick:  as low at #10 but not higher than 7th. 

Second Round: 1 pick  My 2nd As high as #11, but not lower than 14

Third round: 2 picks:  Mid rounder.  and my own a later rounder. 

Thanks in advance I'm happy to answer your questions. 

If QB's rule the roost I have no problem dropping Pettis for Kelly.  Definitely worth a dart throw if you have the space on your roster.  I am shocked that in a dynasty league Fant isn't on a roster.  Seems very strange to me.

You also have too many TE's.  They all have some value so I would look to package them in a 2-1 deal to increase roster space. 

Why even have IDP's if you are only doing two?  Makes them like kickers and useless to play with.  Increase the starter numbers if you can to match the offensive side.  It's the only way to make them worthwhile.  Right now they are an afterthought and i wouldn't spend any capital on them at all.  Just work the waiver wire for the flavor of the month. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread