What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Winston for Rodgers or Dak? (help in return) (1 Viewer)

CheeseFantasy

Footballguy
I'm 3-3 (7th place) in a 12 team league after a tough close loss this week. I have Winston and an injured Brees as my QBs, and with Winston a crap shoot each week and on a bye, I'm thinking it's time to move on. I have a possible trade already worked out but curious if I should be targeting Rodgers or Dak for ROS. Rodgers has been pretty bad a few weeks and Dak has a tough schedule down the stretch, and he also has a bye week before Brees is back (whereas Rodgers week 11 bye should be good for Brees to play). 

I offered Winston, Drake, and Hardman for either Dak or Rodgers, and he almost accepted for Dak.

Would you take either of those QBs for what I'm giving away, and if so, which would you target first? I'd replace Drake/Hardman with waiver guys.

OR...I could pick up a guy like Stafford or Sam Darnold (the latter has a nice schedule coming up). 

My Team: Winston, Brees//Chubb, Jacobs, Malcolm Brown, Drake, C Edmonds, Mattison//Evans, OBJ, Lockett, Robby Anderson, Hardman

Last edited by a moderator:
If choosing between the QBs I'd go Dak - GB is gonna be pretty unreliable from a QB perspective.  They're way more run heavy than they used to be and Rodgers has been pretty inconsistent for a year and a half now.

That said, I'd hold off on trading.  If you can get guys like Stafford or Darnold on the wire I'd just stream until you can get Brees back - making that trade is giving up 2 skill players for a player that will end up on your bench before the playoffs.  In the end those 3 weeks are all that really matter as long as you can find a way to get there.  No need to panic at 3-3, especially when you were a hair's breath off 4-2.

@theEinherjar - would you feel that way if instead of giving up all 3 players for Dak I was only giving up Winston and one of those other players (Drake or Hardman) for Rodgers? That way I hold on to a skill player, but perhaps give myself a slight upgrade at QB? I know Rodgers has been unreliable, but so has Winston (and he doesn't have the INTs). I still think Rodgers could improve in that offense as the season progresses, and when he gets Adams back. If I had Brees and Rodgers and the latter only plays a few weeks, that's a pretty solid backup in case Brees were to have some sort of setback. And I would have my QB bye already covered. Just going through all possibilities...

Rodgers is iffy with his suddenly bare weapon cabinet.  Dak is up and down.  I would go with the QBBC at this point although I have no problem giving up Drake and Hardman.  I just don't think Winston is that far off (if at all) to Rodgers or Dak and probably better in certain matchups. 

Users who are viewing this thread