What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (3 Viewers)

A one or two point shift either way in a month doesn't mean much. And Rasmussen has always been considered a right leaning outlier. 

From 538, Biden has an average approval rating of 53.4% among all major pollsters and with only 3 showing him at 49% - the rest all 50% and above. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Direct Headline: The Polling Crisis Is a Catastrophe for American Democracy

If public-opinion data are unreliable, we’re all flying blind.

By David A. Graham The Atlantic November 4, 2020

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/polling-catastrophe/616986/

The polling industry is busted. It's not the external numbers the average citizen sees, but it's the internal analytics that are bought, sold and traded that are completely unreliable.

You can't create a culture where half of America is told they will be catalogued, listed and then eventually doxxed to get them fired from their jobs/careers and socially ostracized for "wrong think" 

And they see evidence of this all the time in the national press. Alexi McCammon was fired from a high profile editor position for something she wrote years and years before, that didn't even happen on her watch, since she was fired nearly after she was hired and before she actually took the post. Why? Her ex boyfriend is TJ Duckloo, who was worked for Jen Psaki's staff and was caught threatening a female reporter and using derogatory language at her. Duckloo wasn't originally fired until pressure mounted. ( In this regard, while I believe Duckloo should have been immediately fired, since it was actually related to his job, I don't blame Psaki. She was trying to defend her employee and at some level I understand the urge to want to defend your own people. That's a natural inclination to being a boss, not just partisan politics)  Since Duckloo getting cancelled wasn't enough, they went after his then girlfriend.

And this isn't the only example.

No one will talk to pollsters, take surveys and be part of focus groups if they see people getting cancelled all the time for violating the Identity Politics Playbook. Keep in mind that McCammon is both minority and a woman and her then boyfriend worked for the Biden Administration and even that didn't protect him.

She had to pay for whom she was associated with so the deep digging into her life had to happen.

Lots of Conservatives/Republicans won't talk to pollsters. Some ( and I don't agree with it because silence is better) choose to simply lie to make the numbers more cooked, in part I believe, to tank the polling industry.

Here's the reality, even when done right and it's very difficult to get right, polling is a "snapshot" of public sentiment, not something that creates an absolute.

Direct Headline: The Polling Crisis Is a Catastrophe for American Democracy

If public-opinion data are unreliable, we’re all flying blind.

By David A. Graham The Atlantic November 4, 2020

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/polling-catastrophe/616986/

The polling industry is busted. It's not the external numbers the average citizen sees, but it's the internal analytics that are bought, sold and traded that are completely unreliable.

You can't create a culture where half of America is told they will be catalogued, listed and then eventually doxxed to get them fired from their jobs/careers and socially ostracized for "wrong think" 

And they see evidence of this all the time in the national press. Alexi McCammon was fired from a high profile editor position for something she wrote years and years before, that didn't even happen on her watch, since she was fired nearly after she was hired and before she actually took the post. Why? Her ex boyfriend is TJ Duckloo, who was worked for Jen Psaki's staff and was caught threatening a female reporter and using derogatory language at her. Duckloo wasn't originally fired until pressure mounted. ( In this regard, while I believe Duckloo should have been immediately fired, since it was actually related to his job, I don't blame Psaki. She was trying to defend her employee and at some level I understand the urge to want to defend your own people. That's a natural inclination to being a boss, not just partisan politics)  Since Duckloo getting cancelled wasn't enough, they went after his then girlfriend.

And this isn't the only example.

No one will talk to pollsters, take surveys and be part of focus groups if they see people getting cancelled all the time for violating the Identity Politics Playbook. Keep in mind that McCammon is both minority and a woman and her then boyfriend worked for the Biden Administration and even that didn't protect him.

She had to pay for whom she was associated with so the deep digging into her life had to happen.

Lots of Conservatives/Republicans won't talk to pollsters. Some ( and I don't agree with it because silence is better) choose to simply lie to make the numbers more cooked, in part I believe, to tank the polling industry.

Here's the reality, even when done right and it's very difficult to get right, polling is a "snapshot" of public sentiment, not something that creates an absolute.
what’s up Dave?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you trust what Snopes has to say?

Or dismiss it entirely just because it is Snopes?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-wear-pants-backwards/

No, Trump Did Not Wear His Pants Backwards at Rally

Claim

Former U.S. President Donald Trump wore his pants backwards during the June 2021 North Carolina Republican Party convention in Greenville, North Carolina.

Rating

False

[...]
Snopes and dozens of other outlets.  Shameful 

maybe he’s trying to start a new pants trend, and then market it, and then sell it, and then refuse to pay the people that make it, and then settle a lawsuit based on it, and then declare bankruptcy on it....

It’s shameful that obviously doctored photos and videos of Father Trump are posted on here as if legitimate.  Where is the source police?
The source police AKA Snopes agree with you, why do have a problem with Snopes labeling these doctored videos of Trump as fake? 

:confused:

The FBG PSF Source Police.  
Snopes says that these Trump videos and photos are false and doctored. 

I don't think you even read what is posted in response from the other side here. Seriously how could you if Snopes agrees 100% with you that this is fake news?

Of course it’s fake , even extremely biased snopes couldn’t spin it like they normally do
Lol. 
So Snopes is biased and terrible, and they lie, until they do something you like in which case they can’t spin it? 

Here again is that great irony among those who claim to distrust the mainstream media. They gleefully point out whenever any report is in error. But what source do they always use to prove the error? The mainstream media. 

Lol. 
So Snopes is biased and terrible, and they lie, until they do something you like in which case they can’t spin it? 

Here again is that great irony among those who claim to distrust the mainstream media. They gleefully point out whenever any report is in error. But what source do they always use to prove the error? The mainstream media. 
This is not in any way, shape or form remotely true

timschochet said:
Lol. 

It has NOTHING to do with Snopes.  It’s middle school level photo shop work being passed around in this thread as legit.  

So in this case posting false information is cool?   Thanks.  You answered all I need to know.  
Not exactly what I said...I have no problem with people posting in jest.  Its when people continue to repeat false information after it has been corrected that is a problem.  Would you agree the latter is an issue?

Not exactly what I said...I have no problem with people posting in jest.  Its when people continue to repeat false information after it has been corrected that is a problem.  Would you agree the latter is an issue?
Yes. I am also as surprised as you must be that the Russia thread is still active. 

So in this case posting false information is cool?   Thanks.  You answered all I need to know.  
You’ve seen how this place has operated the last 5 years, as long as it fits their agenda they don’t care at all. Anything that doesn’t fit the agenda theirs an excuse for. Rinse repeat. 

I think that is the reason we have states either doing or looking into doing forensic audits.  Let’s find out.  Too many people are doubting the legitimacy of the 2020 election.  
There are too many doubting it…I say that because its hard to imagine why so many do at this point.  Official audits, recounts, court cases all turned up nothing.  Yet people still doubt it because of the lies told by Trump and his people.

We have found out…over and over and over.  But some still refuse to accept the facts.

I think that is the reason we have states either doing or looking into doing forensic audits.  Let’s find out.  Too many people are doubting the legitimacy of the 2020 election.  
Audits were done on many, many states as they have in the past. To call what is going on in AZ a legit audit does a disservice to actual audits. 

The republicans are 100 taking control of the house in 2022, they gained too many seats in 2020 not to. That said, I can see Trump being named Speaker. After that, a lot can happen. If Republicans win in WI, PA, NC, and GA which is very possible, Biden will be impeached and possibly Harris too. At that point our boy is back in charge :)

The republicans are 100 taking control of the house in 2022, they gained too many seats in 2020 not to. That said, I can see Trump being named Speaker. After that, a lot can happen. If Republicans win in WI, PA, NC, and GA which is very possible, Biden will be impeached and possibly Harris too. At that point our boy is back in charge :)
In order to remove Biden through impeachment, you need 67 senators to agree. Which means that, even if Republicans exceed all expectations and win every contested senate election, you’re still going to need around 14-15 Democratic Senators to agree to this. Think you’ll find them? 

What are your thoughts on an obviously doctored video from Twitter being posted in this thread as if it is a legitimate news item on Donald Trump?
That a fact checking site did its work and debunked the claim that it was legitimate, which was linked to in this thread, so hopefully people won't post this video again in the future. 

You’ve seen how this place has operated the last 5 years, as long as it fits their agenda they don’t care at all. Anything that doesn’t fit the agenda theirs an excuse for. Rinse repeat. 
And what would you call this?

Users who are viewing this thread