What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good people who do weird things (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
So guy I work with is a super nice guy.  Like, really nice.  Old army guy who would do anything for you.  BUT....

He'll often "fact check" irrelevant things I say and report back to me with the results.  We were talking about Detroit and I said, "It's right next to Canada.  Just across the river."  He said, "Really?  I didn't realize it was that close."  Later that day, I saw him again and he said, "Hey.  I checked with Bob in Detroit and you were right.  He said Canada is right across the river from Detroit."

I mean, I was just making small talk.  It had nothing to do with anything other than filling silence.  But not only did he feel the need to fact check it, but he felt like he had to report back with the results.  I think that's so weird.  And he does this all of the time.  All weird things that have nothing to do with work.  Just so strange.

So guy I work with is a super nice guy.  Like, really nice.  Old army guy who would do anything for you.  BUT....

He'll often "fact check" irrelevant things I say and report back to me with the results.  We were talking about Detroit and I said, "It's right next to Canada.  Just across the river."  He said, "Really?  I didn't realize it was that close."  Later that day, I saw him again and he said, "Hey.  I checked with Bob in Detroit and you were right.  He said Canada is right across the river from Detroit."

I mean, I was just making small talk.  It had nothing to do with anything other than filling silence.  But not only did he feel the need to fact check it, but he felt like he had to report back with the results.  I think that's so weird.  And he does this all of the time.  All weird things that have nothing to do with work.  Just so strange.
Do you think he may have done it to show that he had listened to you and had been thinking about what you had to say.

Perhaps he wanted to let you know that you had taught him something worth knowing.

Or, he is loon who is trying to pick apart your mind in order to drive you mad.

Good luck.

That is weird.  

I checked with someone in HR and you’re right, he does this a lot. 

Why haven't you exploited this for your amusement? Give him some fake facts to look up.

I work with a guy, a real nice guy, the type of guy who would do anything for you.  But he’s got this weird habit.

I sometimes pop back into his office after a conversation to let him know that he was right on a subject only to find that he’s on a message board talking smack about me.  WTF?

Like I said — Nice guy, but weird habit.

Has he ever proven you wrong?

He has not.  And what's weird is the stuff he's fact checking doesn't seem to be things I'd think people didn't know.  It's not like I'm spouting off scientific facts.  It seems like things that everyone should know.
I didn't know Detroit was right on the border, but then again I also don't really care. Weird?

Last edited by a moderator:

Now tell him Detroit is in the Eastern Time Zone. 

we've got a guy who could not possibly be any nicer, or a better human being. not one of those fake front guys who's actually probably a sadistic monster.. just a genuinely pure human being.

and he ####### loves planes. i mean... loves planes. in the way that no one has ever loved anything else in their lives more than this guy loves planes. 

every conversation devolves in to a discussion about flights, planes, plane specs, plane accidents, etc. it's astonishing.

I’ve got a guy I’ve known since high school who works for an airline, is a bright and really really nice guy and he spends every spare minute of his life at Disneyland or talking about Disneyland. Probably spends 100+ days a year there.  

we've got a guy who could not possibly be any nicer, or a better human being. not one of those fake front guys who's actually probably a sadistic monster.. just a genuinely pure human being.

and he ####### loves planes. i mean... loves planes. in the way that no one has ever loved anything else in their lives more than this guy loves planes. 

every conversation devolves in to a discussion about flights, planes, plane specs, plane accidents, etc. it's astonishing.
Whenever the conversation eventually devolves, begin quoting this back to him.

For my pop, every conversation eventually leads to giving me directions. Not - like - directions in life (tho it happens often) - but actual directions.

I called him last week after a long time online FF friend of mine passed away. My pop's first questions was, "Where did he live?"

So, I said, "Canada."

He asked, "Ontario?"

I said, "I dunno - Central Canada maybe..."

Pop - "OK - so, there a three territories in Canada. If you go up I-XYZ yuo can catch the exchange on..."

Me - "Ok. Thanks pop. I think he may live there. Is mom around?"

By this time, I was laughing so hard, I could send my buddy onward in a way I think he would have liked.

He's such a nice guy, I bet if I said a false statement, and he checked it, he wouldn't come back to me and tell me I was wrong.  
Why don't you start dropping facts that are work related to you?

Have him do all your research, and report back. If lucky, he may even type it up for you.

Just be sure to have him put your name on it or leave space for you to do it later.

He's such a nice guy, I bet if I said a false statement, and he checked it, he wouldn't come back to me and tell me I was wrong.  
There is only one way to find out. Did you know that Tesla's were originally called LeCar because of a specific element used in the battery... until Renault threatened to sue forcing Musk to come up with a new name. 

There is only one way to find out. Did you know that Tesla's were originally called LeCar because of a specific element used in the battery... until Renault threatened to sue forcing Musk to come up with a new name. 
As I read this, I had a bit of sadness come over me because I always think that when it comes to truly good people, I shouldn't infect them with my negativity.  It's weird, because I usually love pranking people and messing with their minds.  But not pure people.  I don't ever feel good about that.

As I read this, I had a bit of sadness come over me because I always think that when it comes to truly good people, I shouldn't infect them with my negativity.  It's weird, because I usually love pranking people and messing with their minds.  But not pure people.  I don't ever feel good about that.
Yeah, I am not good people.  Sorry :bag:

ETA: fairly certain I do wierd things though

I have been told a handful of times that my wife is "the most genuinely good person" they have ever met.

I mess with her all of the time.  I think it is good for her as she is way too uptight on her own.

Deep down, genuine goodness won't be corrupted by the likes of you and me, GBTIS.

I have been told a handful of times that my wife is "the most genuinely good person" they have ever met.

I mess with her all of the time.  I think it is good for her as she is way too uptight on her own.

Deep down, genuine goodness won't be corrupted by the likes of you and me, GBTIS.
I get what you're saying, but with your wife, I don't see it as being taken as mean spirited by her.  Since it's coming from you.  But with him, I'd just be f'ing with him because I think he's being a nice guy.  I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but that's what I do.  I can make myself feel guilty about almost anything.  It's kind of my super power.

To me this is the main thing. First thought I had is he didn't believe anything you had to say and was amazed that you might actually be right.

Would you consider this a pet peeve?

He is not.  He explains in intimate detail the history of every inch of the park. 

The weirdest part is he picked by far the lamest park.  Confront him by talking smack about land vs world.  Like world  is greater than land in real language so of course the park is too.

The weirdest part is he picked by far the lamest park.  Confront him by talking smack about land vs world.  Like world  is greater than land in real language so of course the park is too.
Guy looks like a 50/50 cross between a child molester and a serial killer.  Nice guy or not, I’m not taking the chance. 

I work with (several) guys that do not know the number one rule of workplace washrooms:

You don’t sit down next to a guy in a two stall config unless it is an emergency.  

Savages.  

Also, this isn’t your house.  Courtesy flush for #### sakes.  I don’t need to walk into an incubator of your #### particles, thanks.  

Users who are viewing this thread