What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official FBG Politics Forum Census*** (1 Viewer)

Maurile Tremblay

Administrator
Staff member
I've never tried this before. I hope it works.

How do this forum's demographics compare to the rest of the world's?

Go here to fill out the 2019 Footballguys Politics Forum Census.

Update: Results.

Totally anonymous. There's no place to submit any identifying information.

The survey will remain open through March 19.

I'll share the results in this thread after the survey is closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing a "statist" style of politics, where the government controls social behaviour and is left on economics issues. 

For religious views, I also think "I opt out of the religious conversation" is a legit and unique answer worthy of a category.

the religious family background one needs a choice for none/atheist in addition to "other religion" 

You representing all the Wiccan brothas out there aintcha? My man.

*hits chest, points*
although I support your choices, I'm more of a zen buddhist who was raised by former mormons who turned atheist.  

I join you in your difficulty to find a box to check.   I dated a Wiccan once.  Great sex, but she freaked me out.

I think Woz has mentioned he was a college conservative - but his views have evolved since then.
Yep people's views change. Cowboys fan guy was a Democrat who voted for Hillary, but now went full Trumpguy. That's pretty recent.

global warming - 5

immigration - 3 

minimum wage - 2

gay marriage - 5

feminism - 1

basic income - 2

donald trump - 2

tough to choose between libertarian and conservative

Yes. It If the cutoff line allows someone with a history of repeated (and ongoing) bad behavior to merit a mere "Don't" after (in the same thread) throwing out off-topic, provocative posts as well as a "deranged" insult, then, yes, the attempted humor you quoted does not cross the line. It's not exactly apples to apples either, unless the person you quoted has a history of repeated bad behavior on this board. I'm not aware of that, but my notebook sucks.
How about this? I wasnt even in that thread.

The same guys get away with the same crap around here. It is what it is

Yep people's views change. Cowboys fan guy was a Democrat who voted for Hillary, but now went full Trumpguy. That's pretty recent.
I'll tell you what. Show me one post...just one, that makes me a Trumpguy.

When you quote it, @FBG Moderator and maybe he won't ding you for calling me Trumpguy in a thread I haven't even posted in.

Not a big fan of the question about how interested I am in politics.

I've always hated politics. I've never cared to follow along because most of the time it doesn't matter that much and in the end it evens out.

I only care now because of how destructive I view the current situation. I think it's vital we change current leadership and the direction we are headed because we have taken some major steps backwards and the criminality at the top can't be ignored. I can't wait to do back to political apathy because it's normally just not worth my time and effort.

My answer now is much different than 2 years ago and hopefully less than 2 years from now.

Yes. It If the cutoff line allows someone with a history of repeated (and ongoing) bad behavior to merit a mere "Don't" after (in the same thread) throwing out off-topic, provocative posts as well as a "deranged" insult, then, yes, the attempted humor you quoted does not cross the line. It's not exactly apples to apples either, unless the person you quoted has a history of repeated bad behavior on this board. I'm not aware of that, but my notebook sucks.
How about this? I want even in that thread.
:confused:

I put not registered for any political party because my state does not have party registration.  So, my response is more of a N/A than anything there.

Same thing here.  Pushed away by what the Republican party became over the last 20 years.
Pushed away over the past 3 years but admit I have moved a little further left on social issues, climate change, immigration and taxes. I would like to have seen a choice for moderate conservative.

Pushed away over the past 3 years but admit I have moved a little further left on social issues, climate change, immigration and taxes. I would like to have seen a choice for moderate conservative.
I would have easily voted even Kasich over Hillary.  Rubio too.

I supported Rubio and then wished I had went with Kasich. Rubio is just too much in line with Trump for me and not critical enough of Trump
Maybe so...but without being the joke that Trump is.  He would not be shutting down the government over a wall...wouldn’t be caught in multiple federal investigations over his campaign, organization, and foundation.  Wouldn’t be catering to dictators over our allies...and so on.

I am pro immigration and strongly pro wall...where does that put me on the immigration question?

Would you like to see total immigration increase or decrease compared to current levels?
I would like to see illegal immigration drastically reduced, with legal immigration taking some of the backfill.  Without looking at the numbers, it is hard to say how many people we can take in without significantly impacting wages and overloading public services.  So the short answer is that I don’t know what the number is, but just that whatever the number is, it should be data driven upfront, and validated after the fact, by reviewing the numerical results.

There are a bunch of results so far that surprise me. Among them: more than a third of respondents say that they post less than once a week here, on average. I guess that confirms my decision to leave the poll open for a full two weeks (although I suppose many of them might lurk more often than that).

Thanks to the 153 of you who filled out the survey.

Here are the results summarized into charts.

Among people who responded:

Our ages range from 17 to 72, with an average of 46.9.
We are 95.4% American, 94.1% White, and 96.1% Male.

We are pretty overwhelmingly anti-Trump (79.1% very unfavorable, just 5.9% very favorable).

Below are some Likert scales.
Note that the midpoint is not what you think. On a 1-10 scale, the midpoint is 5.5, not 5. On a 1-5 scale, the midpoint is 3, not 2.5.

Political spectrum: 4.23 / 10 (higher = further right)
Political interest: 4.09 / 5 (higher = greater interest)

Global Warming: 1.96 / 5 (higher = more skeptical)
Immigration: 3.23 / 5 (higher = fewer restrictions)
Minimum Wage: 3.57 / 5 (higher = higher minimum wage)
Gay Marriage: 4.68 / 5 (higher = should be legally recognized)
Feminism: 3.78 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Basic Income: 3.29 / 5 (higher = more favorable)
Donald Trump: 1.54 / 5 (higher = more favorable)

I may run some correlations to see how, for example, support for a Basic Income varies with age... I will report back with anything interesting I find.

Users who are viewing this thread