What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A. Cooper or MVS ROS? WHIR (1 Viewer)

Which WR would you rather have for the rest of the season?

• Total voters

4th&inches

Footballguy
Looking to acquire a WR upgrade with AJ Green out. I think I can get either Amari Cooper or Marques Valdes-Scantling. 

This is a 3yr keeper league (details below) & Cooper can NOT be kept, while MVS could be able to (although not sure he'd be one of my keepers, so this is just for the ROS). 

Which WR would you rather have?

League details: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

Thanks in advance and leave a link

I think Amari Cooper will have more value to the Cowboys as a team then he will as a fantasy asset.  He should pull people away from the box which would help both Zeke and Dak in the running game.

So I think I'd prefer MVS.  He's boom and bust just like Cooper, but I think his total points ROS will be higher than Cooper's total points ROS.  Plus the Packers have a nice playoff schedule.

Thanks for answering mine.

I'd go MVS, I think they are very close, so the ability to keep MVS pushes him over the top, even if you don't end up keeping him.

Cooper is an athletic freak, and the #1 WR, but he is not good in traffic, he hears footsteps, doesn't contest for balls well.  The Cowboys made a dumb move to give up a 1st for him.  MVS is also a freak athlete, but he is the #2 WR.  From what I have seen, he is good in traffic, does not hear footsteps, does win contested balls.

Cooper is an athletic freak, and the #1 WR, but he is not good in traffic, he hears footsteps, doesn't contest for balls well.  The Cowboys made a dumb move to give up a 1st for him.  MVS is also a freak athlete, but he is the #2 WR.  From what I have seen, he is good in traffic, does not hear footsteps, does win contested balls.
Sounds like you're on the MVS side here then, correct?

I'd also lean MVS, even before you mentioned the option of keeping him.  The Packers are going to throw, throw, throw.  If the Cowboys are smart (questionable) they will run their offense through Zeke.  I know Cooper is more physically gifted than Dez, but Dak really hasn't had a fantasy-relevant WR his entire career.  Rodgers can support two, sometimes three, fantasy-relevant WRs at a time.  That's why I'd rather have MVS.

Good luck, and please see mine if you have a minute:  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/772232-which-wrs-for-fitzmagic-whir/

Last edited by a moderator:
I go with MVS and it's not close.  Cooper is too streaky and has too many invisible games.  I don't see that changing.  With Allison on IR MVS becomes the #2 target for GB and has had a TD or 100 yds in four straight games.  I don't see that changing.  Go with MVS.

Users who are viewing this thread