What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronk or Jimmy Graham? (1 Viewer)

LakeCowboy

Footballguy
Dynasty Keeper league, Gronk or Jimmy Graham?  I'm contending as the top overall team and have Gronk and Rudolph as my TEs.  The Jimmy Graham owner has offered me Graham for Gronk.  Gronk has more upside, but injury concerns and I have bye weeks for Rudolph in week 10 and Gronk in week 11.  Do I roll w/ Gronk and hope he gets right and blows up in the playoffs?  Any Gronk retirement concerns this offseason?

I have no issue making the trade.  I don't think Gronk is Gronk anymore.  Look at his season thus far.  Nothing special and injured often.  Don't hold onto the name. 

This could easily be both players final season. If you need help now then I would go with Graham but if you are looking at the playoffs then go with Gronk.

Both players don't have long left in the NFL, but if I had to pick one I'd stick with Gronk.  The man is a robot and Brady favors tight ends more than Rogers does.  That being said, if you have a short season Graham might be the better upside since Gronk will have more of an impact in the playoffs, and New England has no need to rush him in as they are virtually a lock for post season

beerbuff said:
This could easily be both players final season. If you need help now then I would go with Graham but if you are looking at the playoffs then go with Gronk.
I don't have any confidence that Gronk will have an impact in the playoffs. Other than week 1 his season has been very pedestrian.  That equates to top 12 TE numbers for those games but he only has 1 TD and a troubling back.  I don't see a reason to trust that he will be a difference maker in the fantasy playoffs.  I could easily see NE limiting his time to make sure that he is as healthy as possible come NFL playoff time.  I just don't see Gronk being an impact player this year. 

I decided to roll the dice on Gronk but picked up Ben Watson for peanuts.  I'll have Watson and Rudolph if Gronk isn't right, or can't go and even w/ Gronk's issues I'm beating the 5 year league scoring record by 20pts a week right now.

Users who are viewing this thread