What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade McCaffrey for Bell? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
PPR, Dynasty (2 keeper, but neither of these guys may be kept)

Start : QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, W/R/T flex

Me:

QB: M. Ryan, J. Winston

RB: S. Barkley, C. McCaffrey, M. Ingram, J. Conner

WR: T. Hill, E. Sanders, W. Fuller, M. Crabtree, C. Kirk

TE: T. Kelce, J. Doyle

Him

QB: C. Newton, J. Goff

RB: L. Bell, L. McCoy, S. Michel, K. Johnson

WR: AJ Green, T. Boyd, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, M. Sanu

TE: A. Gates, J. James

Context:

I approached him since I'm in 1st and the Conner owner. I tried to see what it'd take to get Bell and sure up the Steelers backfield and initially offered McCaffrey/Crabtree for Bell/Green. His reply was that he'd be giving up the better WR and RB in the trade. I don't disagree if all are playing, but he also noted he's hurting at RB with injuries so there should be a deal to be made here.

Question:

Should I offer McCaffrey straight up for Bell? I'd like to improve my WR if I were to trade a RB, but this owner seems to be the best match for me since I own Conner, though RB isn't my weakness?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bad feeling about about Bell BUT since you have Connor I'd make that offer. Your roster justifies it. 

Thanks for mine. I don't really want to see Bell either. I can afford to wait a couple weeks. 

I'd be reluctant to make that deal given the unknown, but if I was in a pretty good spot this season and thought I was in good shape to make playoffs I would consider that deal. It is risky though. Let's say Leveon gets back and a good portion of that team have turned on him...mainly his offensive line. Or..the locker room is behind Connor for being there and putting in the work. Or...Leveon is not in game shape and gets hurt. Or..they finish the season in some 50/50 timeshare. All not good for you.

On the other hand. Leveon could show up and be the best RB in the league throughout fantasy playoffs. Might be worth the risk to me if I thought I was really in contention this year.

Users who are viewing this thread