What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me fix my team! Will help in return! (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Team is 3-1 and tied for 1st place. It's a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), DEF, and K

Roster is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, Jamaal Williams

WR: Davante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Doug Baldwin

TE: None (had Tyler Eifert)

DEF: Rams, K: Boswell

My primary deficiencies are a 3rd QB (drafted Tyrod Taylor) and TE (drafted Delanie Walker and have been streaming since - should've kept Jared Cook but who knew?) My greatest strength is at WR. TEs on waivers are Austin Hooper, Trey Burton (dropped due to bye this week by another team), and then slated to return - Evan Engram and Greg Olsen eventually.

Also feel like I could use another RB for bye weeks. Thinking of picking up Ronald Jones and a deeper play that is available is Mike Davis (Seattle). There are two teams with 2 TEs on their roster. One has Kittle and Gronkowski, the other has Vance McDonald and Jordan Reed. Which WRs would you part ways with and for whom? Corey Davis I could probably "sell high" on after last week's performance but he's seeing such a ridiculous target share (33!) that that's hard to pass up. Not sure anyone is buying Doug Baldwin just yet and haven't had any takers with him on waivers.

Team is 3-1 and tied for 1st place. It's a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), DEF, and K

Roster is:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, Jamaal Williams

WR: Davante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Boyd, Kenny Golladay, Doug Baldwin

TE: None (had Tyler Eifert)

DEF: Rams, K: Boswell

My primary deficiencies are a 3rd QB (drafted Tyrod Taylor) and TE (drafted Delanie Walker and have been streaming since - should've kept Jared Cook but who knew?) My greatest strength is at WR. TEs on waivers are Austin Hooper, Trey Burton (dropped due to bye this week by another team), and then slated to return - Evan Engram and Greg Olsen eventually.

Also feel like I could use another RB for bye weeks. Thinking of picking up Ronald Jones and a deeper play that is available is Mike Davis (Seattle). There are two teams with 2 TEs on their roster. One has Kittle and Gronkowski, the other has Vance McDonald and Jordan Reed. Which WRs would you part ways with and for whom? Corey Davis I could probably "sell high" on after last week's performance but he's seeing such a ridiculous target share (33!) that that's hard to pass up. Not sure anyone is buying Doug Baldwin just yet and haven't had any takers with him on waivers.
I'd rather have Ronald Jones than Jamaal Williams since Williams' ceiling is much lower. Though Jones is not a great stash IMO.
Baldwin has such low perceived value I don't know if he's worth trading now.

Selling High: Probably Golladay out of those, though since it's 0.5 PPR Golladay prob has good value due to his TD's. Adams' production won't decrease. Hilton - tough to sell now with injury. Watkins - you'd have to wait for him to get healthy and have a couple big games before I'd sell. Boyd - you probably paid decent FAAB to get him so hard to trade him now but obviously his value is pretty high though perhaps someone thinks he's a WR1.

Conclusion: You obviously need a TE this week, so I'd either just drop Jamaal Williams to get a fill-in TE or throw Williams in with Golladay and Hilton for Reed and RB's. Tough to say unless I know who his RB's are. I'd also consider trading Boyd even though he had 2 great games - his value might be overstated ROS. If no trades work in time for Sunday, then I'd just drop Williams.

Yea, it would suck to have to drop any of your wr's to pick up TE's but if you can do some package 2 or 3 for 1 deals for RB/WR studs or a decent QB that will create some spots for you to pick up the needed TE pieces. Long term I'd rather gamble on Jones over Williams but that isn't a priority.

I'd rather have Ronald Jones than Jamaal Williams since Williams' ceiling is much lower. Though Jones is not a great stash IMO.
Baldwin has such low perceived value I don't know if he's worth trading now.

Selling High: Probably Golladay out of those, though since it's 0.5 PPR Golladay prob has good value due to his TD's. Adams' production won't decrease. Hilton - tough to sell now with injury. Watkins - you'd have to wait for him to get healthy and have a couple big games before I'd sell. Boyd - you probably paid decent FAAB to get him so hard to trade him now but obviously his value is pretty high though perhaps someone thinks he's a WR1.

Conclusion: You obviously need a TE this week, so I'd either just drop Jamaal Williams to get a fill-in TE or throw Williams in with Golladay and Hilton for Reed and RB's. Tough to say unless I know who his RB's are. I'd also consider trading Boyd even though he had 2 great games - his value might be overstated ROS. If no trades work in time for Sunday, then I'd just drop Williams.
Somehow I got Boyd for free. Waivers went through last Tuesday night and everyone went in on Ridley and someone else, and Boyd was still sitting there on the wire, so I picked him up that Wednesday morning. I wonder if his targets fall back some with Mixon returning to the fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some context, the owner of Reed has the following roster:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco

RB - Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey, Carlos Hyde, T.J. Yeldon, James Conner

WR - Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Julian Edelman

TE - Vance McDonald, Jordan Reed

DEF - LA Chargers; K - Dan Bailey

I would stream TE this week and take your chances, then pick up a TE next week.  Not real excited about Mike Davis, or Jones.  

Users who are viewing this thread